The Delivery

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The Delivery

Postby Millo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:20 pm

What is this?
It's a Choose Your Own Adventure Quest Thread. Choices that are chosen are based on the one that is the most picked.

Quest Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy_ ... 764E06E4DC

The story follows 3 protagonists all on aboard one of the biggest Spaceship colonies in history, The Delivery :

Rick Bishop a Private Detective dragged into the most important case of his career.

Emilia Knight the Captain of The Delivery who tries her best to keep everything in order.

Pawn #345 A Robot living in an Organic world

The Protags: http://imgur.com/OH1ISBN

Bishop Chapter 01-

Friday morning, I get myself out of bed and into the bathroom. The previous night had been a blur to me filled with drinking and the occasional smoke. Although was it any different from all my other nights? These days it's a mystery how I'm still kicking. But that's what I've always been good at , solving mysteries. Except this one is a mystery that doesn't want to be solved, like a beware dog sign that you don't heed till the Mutt jumps and bites your fingers off. The reflection in the mirror certainly wasn't a sight to behold, the bags under my eyes were dark this morning. I must have slept wrong.

The phone is ringing, I go to pick it up and check the Caller ID-it's the boss- if I don't pick it up now he'll chew my ass for the rest of the day

"Bishop here what do yah want?" I answer, these days the boss is too worked up on makin me file reports than solving cases.
"I need you to pack your bags kid, there's a missing persons case on a one of dos' Colony ships" Boss says, I've never liked traveling the prospect of going somewhere nice only to return to my shithole of an apartment has never been appealing to me.

A. "Why the hell is it me that has to go?"

B. "No way, I hate traveling"

C. "Alright but this case better pay well"
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Re: The Delivery

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 pm

(this is a fun idea)

I say C
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:36 pm

I'd rather ask how much before accepting, but C is as close as it gets. So, C as well.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:08 pm

(thanks I used to do a Cartoon Network Noir one in /tg/)

C

"Alright alright I'll do it, but it better damn pay well. Making me go out all the way there jesus" I said annoyed as I poured myself some Coffee. If there's one thing I love in the world besides women and booze

it's coffee

The blacker the better is how i take it. That first sip washes the hangover out of my head like a wave that picks up your trash after a bon fire at the beach. "Now don't you worry Bishop, you'll be payed handsomely. And I don't want to hear any complain', this is an easy job thats I don't even think you deserve you lazy sack a' crap" Boss man said with a slight cough or two, the man's gettin' old. Through the constant berating that I get from him and the already stressful career I've found myself in it's no wonder I look to the bottom of a beer bottle for solice.
"So when am I getting picked up?" I ask as I take a nice big stretch, my muscles have been cramped up for awhile now. That futon isn't exactly the most comfortable place to snooze on. "The Taxi will be pickin' yah up in about 2 hours so get yourself ready"

Ready? Jesus I haven't even put on pants yet I thought to myself "Alright I'll talk to you later then" I said as I hung up the phone and put on some clothes. I've been feeling particularly blue these past few days so I went with the Blue Peacoat today, easier to blend in. I lay all my supplies and tools out on the table now it's just a matter of choosin the right shit.

There's my Gun, 9 Milimeter pistol, nothin special. Only really ever used it to wound criminals and the occasional warning shot. But will I really need this during my trip?

Then there's the standard issue Jolly lazer pistol, not strong enough to kill anybody but real fuckin great for when you need to stun someone.

Fake ID and SpacePort, This'll get me into most of the higher up clubs and places in the colony. Great when you go undercover. Essential when traveling.

D. "I'll take the Gun and the SpacePort, you never know what might happen in those ships"

E. "I'll stick to the Jolly and the SpacePort, I ain't lookin to kill anybody in this trip"

F. "I'll just take the SpacePort, I don't need guns I'm better with my talk"
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Hmmm, going classic noir/hard boiled detective novel, like Phillip Marlowe. I say F
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

I'd go with E. Stun guns are kewl :3
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Varspool » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Just for safety measures, I'll go with D
Show me the color of your credits.

Postby Millo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

(since it's a stalemate I'm going to have to go with Tuors cause he posted first)

F

"I better stay on the Colony Guards good side and not bring either of those Guns along" I thought, it's not like I needed any of them. It's just a missings persons case
Probably some brat that can't deal with their Mother's drinking habit running away from home, it's not like I haven't seen it before. Besides I knew my charisma was more than enough to dissuade any problems I might be facing.

If not then I always have my fists.

I finish my coffee and put any secondary things I needed in my Brief Case, clothes, an extra pair of shoes, and a bottle of scotch in a secret compartment,
At around 5:56 the Taxi honked it's horn and I knew it was time for me to go, I got out and locked the door and entered the Cab. It reeked of Vomit and piss, the driver must have seen my expression because of what he said next "Yeah sorry about dat, a couple a' youngsters came in drunk last night and one of them puked and i fahgat to clean it up" he said spraying a canister of fragrance. "It's fine let's just get goin' how long is this going to take any how?" I asked trying to get my mind off the smell,

"We got 'bout an hour and a haff"He replied as we flew out of the curb and into traffic.

Terrific, nothing left to do but take a nap.

I awoke a couple minutes before we entered the Spaceship, let me tell yah it was one big sonofvabitch. When Earth became "inhabitable" for humans, that is, the rich ones anyway. They created these massive Spaceships to take yah from one planet to the next. 200 years ago that was a big deal, Rich and powerful familes used tah live on them. Then came the immigrants and other alien species and now it's a shit hole just like mother Earth, except this shithole is a lot smaller. I tipped the cabbie and go out. The smell of spices and local cuisine hung in the air, I was in the marker place.

You could buy anything around here, literally. Exotic fruits from other planets, prosititutes, drugs, I heard rumors of people buyin slaves too. I haven't got the full details on this missings persons case, I'm supposed to be meeting up with a Courier at the local precinct as I'm about to walk a bar catches my eye, The Childish Tycoon it was called and what do yah know it, free drinks for officers of the law. I'm sure with my skills I cam charm a few drinks outta them.

G. "I shouldn't waste time, I need to meet up with the Courier for my Case Files"

H. "One drink wouldn't hurt, the Courier can wait for a minute or two"

I. "Maybe I'll ask a local or two if there's anything interesting to do around here before I go"
Resident Illustrator

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:37 am

Hmm, Gonna go with I
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:53 am

I was gonna say "I" too
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 am

I

I stop by a food stand and motion to the cook. "What's there to do for fun 'round here?" my gut hopes he mentions Bars. "Ah, so you ain't from around here huh? Well if you're lookin for a good time I'd suggest the SweetHoney, it's an undergrounn' club around 52nd grove. Be careful though, it ain't kind to new folks" He says. SweetHoney huh? sounds interesting, certainly interesting enough to get shitfaced at I thought. "What makes it so unfriendly?" I ask him as he's tells me as he's wipin the counter. "Now lessen, I shouldn't be tellin you this but you look more than able, there's a lot of, well let's say not permitted things goin' on down there. They sure as hell don't want a bunch of tourists to be snoopin' round there and goin' to the cops." He says as he hands a local a drink. If I'm goin' to be here for awhile I might as well keep that in mind, I tell him thanks and slip in a tip. Poor chumps around here sure seem like they need the cash. On my walk to the precinct walk I take a moment to look around and observe the Slums. Diversity doesn't go beyond what's in here. So many different species of aliens it's like an Anthropologists wet dream.

Well I made it to the precinct, just but looking at it you can tell it's seen better days, the main lobby is a shit hole, prisoners cuffed on benches because the cells are full today. Christ, I'm sure glad I don't work here. At the corner of my eye I notice a Small Bug-like man, he was waiting patiently and holding a stack of files and folders. That must be the Courier.

>J. Business like "Hello you must be the Courier, Detective Bishop at your service"

>K. Casual like "So you must be the Courier am I right? Name's Bishop"

>L. Rude like "Hey Bug, are those the files I need?"
Last edited by Millo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Illustrator

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:50 am

I pick K!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Going with K too
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:40 pm

K

"So you must be the Courier am I right? Name's Bishop" I say as I go in for a hand shake. "O-oh Detective Bishop I'm g-glad you're here"He stutters as he reaches in but drops the files "O-oh dear I'm t-terribly sorry" He said, I help him pick up the scattered files and papers. I've met a bunch of his species before, most end up being low wage workers because of how frail they are. Hot Dog vendors, Cab Drivers

Slaves

"A teenage girl by the name of Laura Palmer was reported missing about 3 days ago by a fellow classmate" He tells me "Classmate? Why would a classmate be the the one to report it? What about her family?" I asked him,confused. It's not often that a family doesn't get involved in things like this. She must have some pretty fuckin' bad parents, the kind that probably hope she stay missin' in order to collect the insurance money. People like that make me sicker than 5 shots of Absinthe.

Laura Palmer , 16 years of age

Species: faery
Skin: Green Eyes:Green

A faery huh? and one with a rather human name if that ain't the strangest thing. They're basically humanoids creatures but with green skin, wings and bug-like eyes. Of course Faeries aren't allowed to keep their wings in Space Colony Ships so they get clipped when they arrive. Barbaric some might say, make's you wonder what kind of lives they've been livin' before to opt in for such an operation.

"W-well the girl doesn't really have a family you see. S-she lives in a foster home with a bunch of other alien children. Alien children have an adoption rate of 2% on this colony so many of the H-homes are jamm packed so it's no wonder she went unnoticed for days by the foster parents" He tells me, I'm rememberin' that faery dames are one of hte prettier species of aliens around here, a lot of prostitutes are faeries, this girls safety sure isn't lookin good to me.

Then again I've always been a pessimist

>M. "Thanks you've been a big help here's a tip"

>N. "I appreciate the effort, I'll get on it as soon as possible"

>O. "Jesus Christ man, no offense but you might wanna work on that stammering problem"
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Absinthe, green faery, I see what you did there. Nice.

I say "N"
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:11 am

Agreed, N as well.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm

N

"I appreciate the effort, I'll get on it as soon as possible" I tells him, "W-well I did try my b-best" He said embarrsingly.

I grab a chair to sit down for awhile, I want to study the case file before I have to go back out there again. Says here the last day Laura was at school was 4 days ago, but the report says she's been missing since 3. Why would she skip a day of school? That leaves interrogatin' the teachers out of the equation. Could it be that Laura got into something she couldn't dig herself out of? The slums have always been a place for the meanest and toughest brats to get meaner and tougher but it was also the place for the weakest to be even weaker. Laura didn't seem like the kinda Gal to get herself into any trouble, but then again this world is always full of surprises. What's handy about these files is that they always have a little code you can scan to get all the information into your phone. I motion for the Courier to take the packets back to the evidence room I suppose it's time to get out of here and get to work "O-oh Detective Bishop I-I forgot to tell you, the CH-chief has ordered that you require a partner" He stuttered as a young dame came out of the chiefs office.

It's hard to hear what the damn bug is sayin' when you're lookin at a gal like that ,her skin was like the kind of texture that even silk would get jealous of. Jesus Christ her cherry red eyes send chills down my spine like an Irish Carbomb at 4 in the mornin' in a rundown strip club.

I've always worked solo and don't have much experience working with a partner nor do I care to. But can you really refuse the offer for such a woman?

P. "I work alone, tell your Chief I don't comply"

Q. " If it's required, it's required. Nice to> meet you the names Bishop"

R. "He must really like me if he's pairing me up with a hot dame like you"
Resident Illustrator

Postby Cerulean » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Q

wanna see how suave Bishop can be c:
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:40 pm

R, although I would prefer if he was a bit slicker with his compliment haha, or if we heard it in his head
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 am

Since it's been a few days I'm gonna have to go with

Q

"Well if it's required, there's not much I can do 'bout it. Nice to meet you the names Bishop" I said as I went in for a handshake. Her skin is smoother than the red wine that fills my throat at 3 in the morning when I drink at home. "It's a pleasure Bishop, the names Officer Grace Staunton" She says with a smile so bright a dark and grim man like myself should have been burned to ash at the sight of it. "I know this must be troubling, having me tag along with you without warning but the Chief thinks you need someone that knows the ups and downs of this place. And I agree with him" She said hoping to sound professional, I can tell just by looking at her that she hasn't had much field work. At the way this place is lookin you bet she's fresh out of the academy. "It's fine, I would have gotten lost anyway" I replied, and we went on our way.

The smell of Spices certainly seems stronger than before, maybe it's because I've been in that station for a little while. "Alright Bishop, we can go to the foster home Laura Palmer was staying at or we can go talk to the classmate that reported her missing" She states while debriefing herself on the case on her phone.

S. "Yeah let's go to the Foster Home first, I want to ask the parents a couple questions"

T. "It doesn't seem like the parents give a shit, lets check out the classmate"

U. "Hold on, I think we should talk to neighbors surrounding the school"
Resident Illustrator

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:07 am

I wonder if you're a sophisticated bot...hmm...
If you're not, Welcome to the forums! Read the rules and enjoy your stay Ferguson!

Since no one has picked a choice(I've found it difficult to choose between the 3), let's go with U!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:05 am

:?

Dat signature tho.

Yeah, 100% bot.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:20 am

I didn't see the sig, the post was just awkward.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am

It was deleted before I could see it. Anyhow, I'm going with S.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm

There was a link in their sig, their sig was basically an ad.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Next

Return to Literature