Keiran: Just Between You and Me (On Page 6) - Adult - Chap 1

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Keiran: Learn to Be Lonely: PG-13: Original work: Chapter 3

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Sorry to double post but here's the next chapter.

Its fine to do so in your own thread.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:17 am

Alright, but I don't like it when others do it so I thought I'd apologise for others who hate double posting.

Fie, I hope it's not that predictable, then I'd be a terrible uncreative writer. Trag knows me far too well, I'm not giving her anymore information on anymore of my stories till I'm done.

This question is for everyone: What do you think should happen, given what you know so far? I already know what's going to happen but I want to see what you guys think of.

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 am

I'm not entirely sure. I don't know the characters well enough to make a judgment. I think something will probably be done about the kid(man)'s parents, but other than that, I'm not too sure. And don't worry, it's not that predictable, I just had a strange feeling that that was going to happen.
Offended.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 am

The both of them being gay but not liking each other part? Or the bastard of an ex-boyfriend part?

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 am

More of the first one, but I had an inkling of the second one, but I still find this story interesting. Do you study psychology, or something?
Offended.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:32 am

No, I don't even really interact with others. Not well anyway. I'm like Hycinthus like that, socially awkward.

I just thought of how I'd react, the people around whom I watched would react and it came out quite naturally. I guess I have a thing for getting inside my character's heads.

I'm glad you don't hate it for the sexuality, it is important and it's important for me to touch on. I hate that people would judge others based solely on sexuality and I wanted to bring my own view into my story. Unlike in an essay I can put my opinions in a story and I am bad expressing my opinion in any other way.

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:38 am

Well... my brother's gay. I hate him, but not for that reason, so it doesn't really bother me. Anyways, the thing about the psychologist not calling the people they're helping 'patients' is true. They call them clients to make them feel like they are in control of their recovery, as they are the ones who usually decided to seek help. That, and it doesn't offend them.
Offended.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:44 am

I didn't know that, I was just thinking that talking wasn't really medicinal. Just sanity controlling. It is to help them but it doesn't take medicine or surgery or stuff like that, just talking. If people knew how, anyone could do it.

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:46 am

I'm tempted to post that picture that says, "The more you know."

Should I?
Offended.

Postby Jasthn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am

Why don't you just hide the link of the picture inside words?

Like the google think Blood did to me.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am

Nah. I'll just add it in the usual way,

A little big, but anyways, that's interesting that you didn't know that, but still made the character give what was more or less the exact reasoning for why they do that. So... when can we expect the next part?
Offended.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 am

Probably sometime over the weekend, chapter after though will probably be quite a bit longer. So I can probably pm you so you know for that one.

Lessee, I'll need to pm Blood, you, Trag, Jas, Stuffie, Quin, and that Thaimor guy. For now anyway.

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:20 pm

I shall be waiting with... I don't know. Something. Personally, I like to add little jokes whenever I update, though that's only in my sig... Eh, well. Your story's too dark to take it lightly.
Offended.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Bated breath?
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:19 pm

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was going for.
Offended.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Your wecome Fie, always glad to help
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 am

Editing right now, so it will be up soon. The chapter after though, I can't say. I still need to type that one up then edit it. But with all this encouragement how could I not hurry. Thanks. :D

Postby Fievel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:22 am

No thanks necessary. It's your writing ability that brings us back. I should be thanking you, for writing a story that's entertaining me.
Offended.

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:14 am

You're welcome then, I'm glad I'm good at writing. My co-worker said I had a talent for it and I was giddy all day. I'm not really use to getting complements.
Here is the next chapter, I'll hurry but don't expect it this weekend. It's long to type.

--He’s subdued today. Something is causing him--
--great misery. He’s quiet and timid, like usual--
--but more so. Seems less sure of self.--

“You alright, Cinth?” I ask the young man who sit solemnly in the chair across from me as I write in his book. I watch him rock slower than usual, slower by half. I look at the young man, noting that he has changed greatly in his time with me.

He has gained some weight; mostly at the stomach, but it make him look healthy rather than fat. He has also started to wear more formfitting clothing. This is probably because he is becoming more comfortable with who he is, with his body, though I can tell he is not completely comfortable, I doubt he will ever be. His clothing will never become tight as a second skin but maybe he will wear clothing that is his own size.

He is changing for the better before my eyes, what a wonderful thing to happen.

“I… I’ve been thinking about Judas,” he whispers looking up at me, peeking from through his messy bangs. His fingers shake slightly as he tries to warm himself, rubbing his thin arms. Hycinthus always seems cold, it’s most likely the lack of body fat.

I rest my head on the back of my left hand, pushing my sunglasses up and away from my eyes to rest in my hair. I gently rotate my other hand, attempting to get him to continue to speak.

--Becomes more timid when under pressure and/or stress.--

He closes his eyes, wincing slightly and says to me, “I don’t think what Judas did to me was right.” His whole body shivers and quakes at his own words as if he is a Catholic speaking outright blasphemy.

--Realises things done to him aren’t his fault but--
--does not truly believe. Knows things done to hurt him--
--are wrong but does not stop them. Feels injustice--
--at pain dealt to him but does not express this--
--very often or well.--

“Will you tell me more about Judas?” I ask the swaying man, mentally cursing the bastard and writing in the book without looking at my hand. My eyes catch the child’s and his rocking returns to its equilibrium, shoulders drooping and he visibly became less tense.

“He was popular, if a bit of a bully.” he says softly, his gentle voice lulling my mind into a state a relaxation. It would be good against some of my patients, the ones who never relax. “But he was kind to me, unnaturally so, when he asked me out. I was so happy; someone asked me out. Me. Not Helena,” he says, smiling softly. “Most people just thought I was a nerd ‘cause I was always studying alone or a freak for being gay. So they avoided me, I was a leper to them. But Judas, one of the best looking guys in school asked me out. Me.” Hycinthus pauses and then asks, “Did people think you a freak or dirty for being gay?” He tilts his head and gazes at me with his nearly black eyes.

“I never really came out,” I say. “Very few people know I am a homosexual. My parents still don’t, they don’t even know who Alex is.” I close my eyes and slide my sunglasses back in front of them, to hide them. I wait, silent, until he continues. He does, eventually.

“But after a few weeks, it started to get bad. I… I wouldn’t… wouldn’t…” I notice the man is gnawing on his bottom lip when I open my eyes. After a few minutes of him rocking silently, I slide my sunglasses off my noses and lay them safely on my desk. When I raise my arched eyebrows, almost smirking at him, he continues. “I wouldn’t ‘put out’ as he called it.” He shivers slightly at the thought going so far into a relationship. “I wasn’t ready to go that far, so he started to pressure me. But I didn’t give in.” He looks at me as if trying to convey his honesty, his sincerity. “I didn’t…” I nod one at him, believing him. “He started to try to humiliate me, he’d trip me in public, put me down, call me ‘stupid’, belittled me and sometimes he’d hit me too.” He stops rocking abruptly.

“When did that start, Cinth?” I ask, my anger becoming tempered and hot like a sharp blade being forged on a white hot anvil. Again, I am not angry with the man who sits before me but rather what has been done to harm him. I am angry for him; at the injustices done unto him.

“In the sixth month,” he says, sitting as stiff and still as a statue except for his mouth.

--Remembers pain avidly. It is my hope that he--
--learns to deal with this pain and not allow it to--
--harm him. Seems to… not understand that pain--
--of others should not be placed on him, takes blame--
--for being abused, despite feeling it as an injustice.--
--Accepts abusive behaviour as normal.--

I wait another few minutes in silence, placing my anger behind a curtain, then I speak to him. “Please continue,” I murmur gently to the boy, hoping to calm him by keeping my voice low and soft; to persuade him to tell me more. To confront his woes and deny his assailants, like King Arthur denied his half-sister the throne.

“He liked to slap me instead of hit me with a fist. He didn’t want to leave bruises that Helena could see, she’d look me over sometimes to see if someone was hurtin’ me. He knew I wouldn’t tell, I just wouldn’t,” he says, giving a half-shrug and when he opens his eyes I can see they are far away and glassy. Hycinthus is lost in his memories, most likely overwhelmed with once felt sensations. Alex has a tendency to do that too. “There was this one time, though,” he tells me. “Three weeks before he dumped me. I had said no again and he got mad. Really mad.” He sighs, bowing his head in submission to his memories that overwhelm him and his past that pains him incredibly. Submitting to Judas Zephyr once more; even going as far as peeping through his curtain of hair instead of looking straight out at me like he has been lately.

“By allowing his memory to hurt you, you allow him to win over you again. You give him another victory,” I explain, drawing him gently into our reality, patiently, like a fisher pulling in a fish on his line. “A victory that’s unknown to him, yes, but it’s a victory for him none the less. You are giving him a hold on you still. Allowing him to have dominance over you, even if only in your thoughts.” His thin head snaps up as I say the word ‘dominance’ and an angry scowl mars his usually attractive features, a look such as that does not belong on his kind face. “Conquer his memory and do not submit to it, just as King Arthur did not submit, even when faced with certain death. He fought ‘til his fall to defend his beloved wife and child.”

I notice him shyly smiling now and I raise a single eyebrow in response. He giggles like a small child and says, “You’re a mythology buff, aren’t you? That’s why you like your job, it’s finding the stories of others and helping them understand how it affects them.” I grin at the perceptive young man and give him a single jerky nod.

He then continues to say what he was telling me, starting to rock again. I am quite relieved. “When I said no, he hit me. With a fist. We were both shocked, he stared at his hand and I gaped at him.” The man before me begins to cry silent tears as he says, “The slaps didn’t hurt, not really. But that punch to my cheekbone did. It hurt, a lot. Then Judas smiled, not a nice smile either.” He stops talking and breathes in deeply, his body quivering again as he swayed, crying harder; his sobs causing a pain to well in my chest.

My heart aches for him and I wish I could tell him to stop, that he does not have to relive this; that he does not have to remember how cruel human can be, how cruelly he has been treated. I want to but I can not. Hycinthus must tell me; he has to relive his past to heal properly.

He calms down a bit, but he is still crying after a few minutes and he starts to speak again, sounding frightened, “It was the kind of smile a wolf gives a little bunny; the kind of smile that says ‘You’re so fucking dead’.” I am startled by his use of profanity; he has said once to me that he views the use of profanity is a sign of an unintelligent person. “A predatory grin, a killer’s smile. He hit me with his other fist… and again… and again… I doubled over in pain and he started to slam his fists into my back. I tried to stand and stop him, talk him down but his fist crashed into my jaw. I heard a distinct CRACK and I saw these blinding white spots in front of my eyes, almost like close up stars. I fell to the floor as my jaw erupted in pain. Then he started to kick me, my head most frequently. He use to wear these steel-toed boots, really painful. I think I passed out from pain,” he says. “I couldn’t have run.”

“I know,” I coo softly, knowing with his personality, submissive and trusting, he would never have run from the man whom he was dating. “What happened when you woke up?” I ask, keeping my voice calm.

“I woke up in the hospital,” he murmurs, mumbling a bit. “Three days later. The doctor came in and said Judas had brought me in and said that I had come over to his house all beat up and that I passed out there. The doctor said that Judas seemed very worried. ‘Worried’ I couldn’t help but think, ‘He just wants to save himself.’ At the time, I just pushed that thought away, and denied it as false. I managed to convince myself that he was genuinely worried about me.” Then he looked up at me fully, tilting his head to the side, “I shouldn’t have, should I? I should have listened to my instincts; they have never lied to me.”

--Neglected.--

I write the one word in the book and lay down my pen. I stand up and walk over in front of the squishy chair Hycinthus is sitting in; his legs drawn to his still-too-thin chest and his arms are wrapped around his knees. I kneel down so I am eye-level to him and I softly speak to him, hoping to alleviate the guilt he should feel not but does, “It’s normal to want to forgive those whom you want to care for you. Especially if those around you have not given you the affection that you need to develop properly. Am I right to say your parents… ignore you?” I ask looking him in the eye, wanting him to be able to say no truthfully but hoping he will trust me enough to say yes.

“I-I…” the young man stutters, proving to me that his parents deny him both positive attention and affection. He whispers so low I barely hear him, “Sometimes.”

I look at him barely keeping my jaw from dropping and my eyes from becoming wide as saucers. I have to work to get my face into a slight smile, I just want to beam; he trusts me that much. Enough that he tells me that he is regularly neglected by his parents, which is a criminal offence. When I learn more I will offer to help him press charges against them and Judas if he wishes to. I mentally file the information away for a later date. “Will you tell me how bad you injuries were?” I ask, wanting know and know that he needs to assess the information instead of ignore it to fully heal.

“Okay, yeah,” he whispers, rocking faster. His knees are still pressed to his chest but his arms have slipped to his sides, less protective and more secure with his place in my mind. “It hurt to move or even talk. Three cracked ribs, a broken nose, six ruptured arteries in my stomach, my left arm was broken as well as my right hand, a sprained ankle, bruises that covered more than half my body and in ten places my skin split from being hit so hard. My bottom lip was split, I had a concession, one of my front teeth came loose and both my eyes were blackened and swollen. I still can’t see out of my left eye. I was told that I had a surgery to fix my ruptured blood vessels,” he says quietly, looking up through his curtain of hair, hiding from me. Hiding from his own past. His legs slip away from his chest, so they touch the floor and he asks me, “Was it wrong not to tell them it was Judas? I that said I didn’t remember what happened, I lied to the doctor.”

The steel that I surround my heart in for my job, so I don’t get attached, melts away as I listen and I tell him what I think the truth is. “I don’t think it was wrong, per say. You were just trying to protect someone you cared about; no matter how undeserving of your affections he was.” As my alarm clock rings I wrap my corded arms around his thin frame, comforting the child in this mentally scarred man. “It’ll be alright,” I tell him quietly and then remind him of his promise. “If you want to harm yourself, call me okay?”

“Yeah,” he mutters equally as quiet, standing and wiping his face. “I will remember.” Hycinthus walks to the door, stops, and turns back to me. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” I tell him, smiling and closing my eyes as I stand as well. “See you next week.”

He just waves his hand as he leaves, a flick really; and quietly closing the door. I walk back to my desk and glance at the time. I have fifteen minutes until my next block, so I write diligently in the blue-covered book.

--Puts trust in me after only three weeks. Why?--
--Did he latch onto the first person besides his twin--
--that was kind to him? Possibly. Longs for acceptance--
--and attention but does not know how to achieve--
--this. Very perceptive for someone who is so child- --
--like. Abusive boyfriend made him feel as if it was--
--his fault that the bastard hit him because he was--
--not ready to move to the next step. Hycinthus--
--protected the bastard despite the fact that he put him--
--in the hospital with grave injuries. Has the will--
--and intelligence to heal from abuse if I can successfully--
--convince him it is not his fault and was not his flaws--
--that caused that bastard to snap. He needs to heal.--

I sigh solemnly and slash my pen across the bottom of the entry. I put down my pen and breathe slowly, to calm my agitated emotions and to blank the emotions off my face and out of my mind; having attachments to my sessions can be hazardous to me but I can not bring myself to care about my self enforced rule in regards to Hycinthus. Nothing about him seems dangerous, except in regards to himself.

I must calm myself and replace the steel-mesh armour around my mind, my next session will give me a mind-fuck if I’m not careful.

Postby Fievel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 am

Mind-fuck, such a strange, yet fitting term for a psychiatrist to use. Though a thread in the Snafu section said something about a psychologist snapping and going crazy, but not all psychologists must remain unbiased in their treatments. Though considering that he seems to be a cognitive therapist, I think he would probably have to behave in a similar manner in real life. Again nice job.
Offended.

Re: Keiran: Learn to Be Lonely: PG-13: Original work: Chapter 4

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:41 am

Wanna know what's fucked up? I actually squee and waved my arms when I say you replied. I scared myself.

A what therapist? I haven't seen one, though I am looking into it. I really need it.

Thank you. I will work hard on getting the next one out just for you.

Postby Fievel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 am

Therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist. They're all trying to help people...

I can understand the squee, but waving your arms might be a little much. It's funny.

What time is it where you live, anyways? It's past midnight here, and everyone sleeps too early.

And cognitive therapists focus on memories and the unconscious. It's their specialty.
Offended.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 am

Great job sweetie! ...I feel vaguely reminisent of a mother bear with this chapter...

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 am

Ah, thank you Fie. It was about three in the morning when I updated.

Trag, anything constructive? Anyway I can improve?

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 am

Nope, nada. I like it the way it is.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature