Armored Core FanFic

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Armored Core FanFic

Postby Bryan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 pm

First, im new, already made a thread :P

Second, i have had a fanfic of Armored Core For Answer (ps3 - From Software) running through my head for a couple months now and have several pages writen down on paper already. I thought that i might start posting them as i write and get my ideas on paper while receving feedback on my writing style (nonexistant) and story.

Third, im not a writer, just a fan with an imagination. Dont expect a work of art.

Forth, as i searched through the threads and found no other armored core fic's, doubled by the fact that the series (ranging from early ps1 to current day ps3) is widely unknown outside of the eastern most countries, if whatever fans of the series could respond to this thread so i could get an idea as who i would be entertaining rather than talking to myself like an idiot while everyone responds with "wth is he talking about?".

Fifth, i previewed one of my pages inside the snafu text previewer and im not seeing spaces in the front of my paragraphs but they show up in other threads. do i terribly need to worry about that or does it do that?

as i have yet to feel the wrath of a mod, are run-on sentences terribly (lack of a better word) accepted? i have been told that im in love with them apparently...

finally, as the proper writing thread is locked, which should i strive for? fully developing a storyline and presenting it properly edited, telling a story basicly as you create it, or establishing milestones, characters, and key events while creating the inbetween events on the spot with the said goals in mind?
(examples: creating a conversation and shaping it twoards a particular outcome, creating a conversation with the first responces that you can think of, or molding a conversation as you create it with semi first thought responces while working with the characters mindset, emotions, and attitude as the conversation would naturally unfold?

EDIT: as i have reviewed some 7 pages that i have written down on paper from a viewpoint of someone who has never heard of the armored core universe i have come to realise that my story isnt structured even remotely. ignore this thread for the time being ( AC fans are still welcome, aswell as responces to 4 5 and 6 above)

Re: Armored Core FanFic

Postby Bryan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:20 pm

quick update: i have constructed a quick history/explanation/prelude for the Armored Core Universe leading up to the events in For Answer. to the best of my ability, it is simplified inorder to appeal to indaviduals that are unfamiliar with the concept of the Armored Core. coping with the fact that writers block might be setting in, im adding characters from the inital grand total of 3 main and several hundred cannon fodder to 7 main, 4 secondary, and a general ammount of generic others.

going into tecknical terms (armored core fan understandable only)
the player in every Armroed Core game has been a silent protagonist as the game is played out entirely through his perspective. very boring in prolonged conversation when you DO NOT look out on the world through his perspective.(run-on sentence alert) im switching the protagonist from an unnamed NEXT pilot that is hell bent on becoming first in the rankings and blindly accepts mission request becouse he honestly has nothign better to do to a Normal pilot that is recruited to become a Lynx after he uncucesfully defends a coumpound from impossable odd's but somehow mannages to survive the encounter. you know , the exact thing that Normal pilots DONT do?

also im including scenes that dont appear in the game becouse, honestly, there arent that many and the ammount of detail put into the level's are unanimously accepted as stupidly low. so, creativity sprouting from the farthest depths of my brain, wont this end well...

Edit: check if you are hitting preview and not submit VERY carefully >.>

Re: Armored Core FanFic

Postby Bryan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:56 pm

another update (for those who care): Im taking WAY too long to write this. About a 1/3-1/2 way done with the full thing. Going to start editing what little i have and post whenever i can outside of school.

Also i higly recomend to anyone who is interested to look up armored core for themselves to see what the story is based arround. the learning curve of any game in the series is so steep that it leans backwards and a lot of people dont understand the concept of the series very quickly. althou i highly reccomend the series to anyone who likes good high speed mech combat.

Return to Literature