Grids - Talisman (GRIDS WILL RETURN)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grids - Talisman (updated regularly)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:46 pm

So...is this 15 minutes before Buttercup found Blood? :P Anyways...

Chances of Bubbles winding up...
Dead: 0%
In Purgatory: 4%
A twisted dimension made up of Sora's memories: 5%
None of the above: 91% (just because)

Might be Void Erasure. And while this shouldn't happen nor do I see it being possible, I hope Blood finds a way in there as well just to see two of the most opposite girls try to talk Sora out of what she's doing in their own way.

There's Bubbles, the one true friend whose honesty and bubbly innocence touched Sora, but might not make up for her lack of ability to think beyond the black-and-white morality spectrum, which basically turns innocence into ignorance in this case. Even with empathy I can't see her relating to Sora's past tribulations all that well. In fact, I'm willing to bet that its clouding her judgment right now. Suppose Sora's beyond saving at this point? Even if she's convinced into surrendering, the odds of her getting shot down are astronomical unless she leaves the city and becomes some sort of vagabond. Without Cody and/or Beck? PFFFT, fat chance. Not impossible, though it seems like it.

Then we have Blood. Hoo boy, where do I start? Probably the one most likely to give Sora that much needed guidance in her life in light of this hoopla. Not to mention she's a lot more realistic about the situation and has a noble goal she wants Sora to be a part of. A shame she has to be such a bitch about it, ranging from coercing her into killing those transporters to lying about Cody to killing Beck just to teach her a very disproportionate lesson. As Bethany said, she lacks compassion, otherwise she would've told Sora what happened to Cody some 40 odd pages ago. But no, the more I recall past updates the more I'm convinced that above all "good" intentions, Blood just wants Sora for herself regardless of what the Zoner may think and want. And right now, Sora wants her out of her life after all of the shit she pulled. So I'm not sure what Blood would accomplish by meeting her one last time, IF she can get into what basically amounts as a dimensional border that can filter who goes in and who dies. I see no way for her of all people to convince Sora to stop her rampage before the Arabalest and Lockbow do.

Yet I want it to happen. I want to see Bubbles' and Blood's ways of getting Sora to stop this mess. Assuming such a thing happens at all, who "wins"? The one true friend who listens to Sora but has a tough time coping with knowing what she's capable of and where she came from, or the selfish psychokinetic nymph who wants the Zoner girl alive and sane to realize those well intentioned long term goals even if it means being subjected to the tough love "dickish love" approach, disregarding Sora's own means of happiness every step of the way?

tl;dr Final prediction is that the last confrontation is Bubbles VS Blood. Prize? Sora's will. If it happens, PLACE YOUR BETS NOW! Granted, the odds of Davroe crashing that pretty much overrides all this.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 am

Davroe stood by what was once a thick-paned window, pumping the air with his fist as a pair of dark shapes shot overhead, above the rooftops and telephone masts atop the higher towers. Their wings were swept back, bays beneath their sleek forms open and baring their magnificent heavy weaponry. As they passed, the whole building shook to the sound of artificial thunder.

Piper frowned, her arms folded as others watched from the perilous precipice thirty floors up from the sidewalk. "That's your big solution, is it? Call in more machines?"

Davroe clapped his hands together in anticipation of more than a little fireworks "Arbalest and Lockbow are all we need to put an end to this. Shock and awe, Ms Piper. Standard approach."

Tabitha raised an eyebrow "The 'If it doesn't agree with us, blow it to hell' approach?"

"You do not understand!" Davroe hissed at her. He'd be completely apathetic if she conveniently lost her footing and fell to the street below. One less annoying voice... "The people - the CHILDREN responsible for this madness need to know who has the superior position here. They leave us no choice but to destroy them, now. From there, we take control of the situation, the two interdictor drones up there become a privately-funded squadron and we, well..." Davroe looked around at his assembled and equally-enthusiastic colleagues "we all get paid."

Tabitha snarled at him "You're just boys with toys and a hungry hip pocket." she stepped away from the holes in the side of the building, returning to the edge of the oak table "Yet you neglect the things that have always brought so much peace." she knelt down, putting her hand on the shoulder of the young girl who wore the giant red bow. Her bloodstained cheeks were warm with a contained anger and her magenta eyes were narrowed and staring at the floor. She cradled her hurt arm, leaning against the table and seeming miserable. Tabitha didn't need to hear her voice to determine her state of mind. She was hurt, and therefore felt useless. "Are you okay, Blossom?"

"They're attacking Sora, aren't they..." Blossom mumbled, her usually courageous voice stifled to a quiet, gloomy tone. "Bubbles is up there but they're attacking anyway. They don't care. We don't belong here anymore." she looked up only to lance Davroe with a vicious angry stare. His back was turned but she doubted he'd care either way. Arrogant men with uniforms and medals ran this world, not just this particular crisis zone.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:11 am

Funny how Davroe's fallback plan to stopping an atypical threat (i.e. a spacial rupture) is the standard "Shock and Awe" tactic. True, it might be pretty darn effective against normal humans, and perhaps even against some meta-humans as well. But against someone who can freely control space like a puppeteer controlling a puppet? I'm just sitting here wondering how long it will take and how many millions/ billions of dollars wasted before Davroe finally realizes how much of an egotistic pig he is and starts begging Blossom on his knees.

Or, you know, he could always lose his balance and fall out of the tower while gloating. I wonder how long he can scream for?

Speaking of Blossom, I think she might start to understand Blood's point of view, now that her black and white worldview is starting to shatter before her eyes.
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby GridsNaranek » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 pm

"You are worried about her." Tabitha noted, her ability confirming what Blossom's voice made only too clear.

"Well, she's worried about Sora, so..." Blossom's voice trailed off. She felt so small in this room full of big people. Her powers didn't seem to matter... not when someone like Blood could overcome them so.

"You should be proud of her. She's doing more for her than anyone else here has even attempted. To these martinets, she's not a person. Nobody with an ability of any kind is."

Davroe whirled, again overhearing her. His meaty finger leveled itself right between her eyes from across the room "You'd have us simply ignore the danger!?"

"Your first instinct should not simply be to kill her!" Tabitha retorted furiously. Her almost out-of-character ferocity startled Blossom.

Davroe sneered "If Hoover cracks, Vegas floods. Know your place, woman." he turned away again, dismissively.

Tabitha growled, her fingers massaging her temple. Another coffee sounded like a good idea. She felt a tug on her pants. She looked forward to getting out of this uniform at the earliest convenience. She glanced down, meeting Blossom's wide and confused eyes.

"What does he mean by that?"

Tabitha sighed, throwing Davroe a sidelong glare. He didn't notice, too busy instead with the two operators in charge of the giant machines that thundered far above them. "I think what he's getting at is that Sora is like a flaw in a much larger endeavor. If that flaw goes unchecked, the rest of what it makes up is threatened. But that's about all he means." she scoffed softly "Clearly he's never been to Vegas."

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:21 am

lolz Of course he's never been to Vegas. He's not "fun."

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Drawn by Maneshi and paid for by me. Be sure to thank her as well. And yes, I'm aware that the timing for this is off by a page.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby arcon3 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 pm

That logic certainly is not surprising considering the way Davroe has been portrayed thus far. On another note, while Bethany seems a bit more sombre than from what I got during the sequence, this is an excellent portayal none the less.

Postby GridsNaranek » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:25 am

That pic's awesome. Seems rather Scott Pilgrimmy!

More fic as a reward!

"But Sora's a PERSON! Why doesn't ANYONE here get that?"

"Because, to them, a person isn't someone who kills others without conceivable thought using a means that most of us cannot hope to explain, Blossom. To them, Sora is something else."

"She's got a lot to answer for, but surely there's got to be ano-"

Davroe's thunderous voice arose again "Where the hell did YOU come from?" Blossom spun around toward him, recognising the derisive tone as the same he'd thrown at Bubbles and herself. Davroe, at the same time, rounded upon her. He looked huge even from that distance "Is she another of yours?"

The big oak table was in the way. Blossom had no idea what he was talking about. Tabitha's hand steadied her however, keeping her back. Blossom piped up "What are you talking about?"

Something floated up onto and came to rest upon the large oak platform, dirtied running shoes upon its polished surface, likely leaving a mark. Blossom's throbbing ribs went numb and everything within them turned an icy cold as she met eyes of scarlet. Everything in the room stopped, all eyes upon the battered child who had floated through the cavity in the room's side. Her breathing was haggard and her clothes were further tattered from what Blossom could recall - her head hurt when she thought too hard about it. She was glancing around, frantically. She took in every member in the room: the guards with their rifles, the aides with their laptops, earpieces and stunned expressions, a dumbfounded and bristling Davroe and a uniformed policewoman with slightly dishevelled hair. And then there was her previous victim. Conscious, this time.

Blood licked her lips but said nothing. Her eyes narrowed. Tabitha's eyes narrowed too, noticing the bloodstains on the girl's hands and outfit that came from no visible wounds upon her body. Quietly, she muttered to Blossom "I'm guessing this is your friend...?"

Blossom's whisper came like a hiss "Everyone needs to leave this room, now."

Blood tilted her head, breath almost catching in her throat before exhaling in a huff. She was frantic. Hurried. Trying to perhaps get to something in time. Or get away... "Still standing, huh?"

Blossom smirked "Still running?"

Blood bared her teeth, her gums red from sores that had closed long ago. Blossom winced, her own mouth ulcering from the hits she took from that girl's knuckles. Blood opened her mouth to speak again but was cut off by another rude, booming interjection from the man with the most medals on his chest.

"What the FUCK is the meaning of this!?" Davroe screamed, his voice enough to shatter the thick windows on its own. Blood pierced him with a glare but decided not to answer in order to see where this went.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:05 am

Great news Carpe, your wish might be granted! Bad news? There's no reason for Blood to be in a room full of men who'll more then likely point their rifles at her. The Void Erasure might be picky but it still doesn't clue in as to why she's there short of an accidental rush to get as far away from Buttercup as possible.

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Blood makes me curious... I'm usually curious about things. I wonder though. Were you to cut off her hand, I presume it would grow back.

But what if you were to cut her vertically right through the middle. Which half would grow back? Would they both regenerate separately, thus cloning her like a jellyfish?

What if you cut off her head? The head grows back a new body, or does the body just regenerate the head? Wouldn't one of these ways be easier to do, despite being counter-intuitive?

What if you sliced her up to tiny cubes of a few cm side? Which one would regenerate, if any?

Does Blood blend? What if you blend her? Will all her fluids come back together and reform her original shape and body?

So many questions... That curiosity makes me want to cut her up and see for myself.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Ohohoho, so you want her to be your science experiment, Q.U.?

Her unique molecular and DNA properties make her capable of things I'm sure not even she is aware of yet. The only thing is - she feels everything. From the burns she withstood to all the wounds that have long ago crusted over and been replaced with new skin, she feels them all. Reassembling her body would be a long and tedious task, but I believe she can do it.

But the pain would change her. Utterly.

She wouldn't be the bright little kid that you've seen in this story (well, when she's not pissed off at something). But she would never wish for death over that pain. She's got too much to live for. Too many opportunities to still be brilliant. Is it beyond modern science to be sliced to pieces and stay alive? Yes. Is it beyond Blood? Perhaps not.

Imagine if she met Dexter!!

An update as a means of continuing the speculation, which in turn keeps the thread moving. That I like, yessir!

Tabitha's voice spoke through a firmly clenched jaw "Mr Davroe, do NOT provoke her."

Davroe did exactly what Tabitha had anticipated and paid absolutely no attention to her. His furious roars were still levelled at the dirtied and dishevelled newcomer "Dammit, child, you will ANSWER me this once!"

Blood's lip curled and Blossom instantly recognised that impatient sneer. Weakened and hurt as she was, she knew that if something, anything wasn't done then Davroe would, swiftly, go from stocky and overbearing to moist and smeared across the far wall. Blood's mouth opened but her words remained far more calm that anyone would expect from someone being screamed at. "Do you lead these people?"

Another pound from the meaty fist on the table, almost upsetting Blood's footing. She rocked her body to stay balanced, her eyes further narrowing as Davroe nearly exploded in exasperation "I'M asking the questions here!" Tabitha saw his hand drift toward his hip holster. That would have been the worst decision out of all conceivable decisions. The exact decision she reckoned he'd make. His affrontive tone persisted as, with his other hand, he gestured toward Blossom who seemed rather unhappy to be drawn back into this "Pinky's over there, so who are you?"

"The Brain." Blood joked, flatly. "Do you really think that pulling a gun on me is going to work?"

Davroe snarled "What's stopping me?" he yelled, taking the bait. His skilled hand seized his weapon and swiftly brought it from its holster as both Blossom and Tabitha shouted in warning. Blood's eyes flashed as a grin spread across her face.

Blossom yelped and jumped aside as Blood suddenly crashed past her and slammed into the wall behind. A furor rose in the room as Davroe kept his pistol pointed forward, a new target offering itself. Blossom spun around and, stifling a gasp, felt her heart lift a little. Standing atop the table on one leg, her other leg still outstretched from the kick that had flung Blood from her high horse, Buttercup was staring a hole right into Blood's toppled, groggy form.

"Buttercup!" Blossom couldn't help but shout. Her sister dropped her leg and stood upright. Her clothes were dirtier than the last time Blossom had seen her. Twice in one day, her sister had saved her from a possible bloodbath at the hands of the AWOL esper. People were scambling from the room. Even the guards with their rifles had evacuated the room. Smart move. Buttercup acknowledged her with a nod and was about to speak when that same gruff, unimpressed and very unwelcome voice of authority rose above the din.

"What makes you think you're free to simply fly in and out?" Davroe hissed, pistol aimed at the side of Buttercup's skull. He'd never shot a child before. Be it for the sake of everyone in this city or just the growing pain between his ears, he'd happily do it here and now for the first time and he didn't care which one took the first bullet.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Cryum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 am

why do all the shots better spent on blood get aimed at buttercup?
A grain of truth in every lie, a hidden lie in every truth

If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?

Postby Q.U. » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Ohohoho, so you want her to be your science experiment, Q.U.?

I don't believe there are no metahumans in your world that don't posses both, the capability to do that to her, and the twisted mind that would push them to do it. Let's just say that I'm rooting for Blood to... "meet her match" as it were.

In fact, were she an enemy that's exactly what you should be doing to her. The most effective strategy to start off with. That's what I'd do. Take apart her confidence by playing around with her, in a game that to her seems cruel, painful, and meaningless, and seeing her punisher taking joy in toying with her life and health.
The PPGs just need to find somebody capable of that.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Confidence wavering in progress thanks to Bethany. As for everything else, one step at a time. As I implied a few times already, she needs to be taken down a few pegs but not in the sense of being literally torn limb from limb.

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:As I implied a few times already, she needs to be taken down a few pegs but not in the sense of being literally torn limb from limb.

Though it IS the most straightforward strategy, and to some the easiest.

Cryum wrote:why do all the shots better spent on blood get aimed at buttercup?

Because.... um..... she has terrible luck?
Grids wrote:\He'd never shot a child before. Be it for the sake of everyone in this city or just the growing pain between his ears, he'd happily do it here and now for the first time and he didn't care which one took the first bullet.

Judging by this line, I assume Blood is already working her magic on Davroe?

Well, Buttercup makes her stylish entrance, interrupting the contest of egos between Davroe and Blood. The rest of the humans (sans Tabitha) seem to finally come to their senses and gtfo, and Davroe is brazenly trying to get himself killed. Pretty nice update :)

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:44 am

Buttercup leered at him, silent for a moment. Only the keenest of eyes would have noticed her clenched fists subtly shaking. She was holding back as best she could. Then she shouted snappily "How about the fact that I just saved your life!?"

"I owe you and your kind nothing. Each of you is just as bad as the last." Davroe growled.

"Is that why you're pointing that at me?"

"Remember your place here, then." he demanded.

Buttercup was face to face with Davroe before the haughty, stocky man could blink. She leaned in, pressing her nose against his as her emerald eyes narrowed and her shiny white teeth flashed. Her finger and thumb pinched down on the barrel of the pistol, crushing it closed. "My place?" she snatched the weapon from his hand and casually tossed it aside. Davroe watched as it flew out the open window and was lost to the street far below. "Back up and shut up. That's YOUR place now." her voice was stern, authoritative. Davroe said nothing to her, the demonstration of her strength against his sidearm enough to silence him. Satisfied that he'd gotten the message, Buttercup spun "Blossom, get Ms Piper away from her." she instructed, looking forward to taking the lead while her sister was hurt. Blood was staggering to her feet, so Buttercup was eager to put her back on her ass again. Blossom ran around behind the table, Tabitha following. Buttercup floated upward "You want to lead people like Sora but you can't even guarantee her own well-being. You run from a fight with me and try to hurt these people instead! How could anyone be stupid enough to believe you?"

Blood was smirking, despite one side of her face bruising badly and a harsh cut upon the other side where she'd smacked into the wall. The hole she'd left was lined with sticky red. "You... and her" she lifted her finger at Blossom, who now had the benefit of a thick oak table's distance between herself and Blood "you defend these people? You'd speak no ill of them even as they point their guns at you and as they stand upon and break your back?"

"You're making no sense."

"No, you're just refusing to see it!" Blood retorted, stumbling to her feet. Buttercup was amused by how uncoordinated she looked. She knew, though, that every hit she took was quickly shrugged off. She'd just have to hit her again. "Sora could see it, why can't you?"

Davroe barked from the back of the room "Shut that bitch up!"

Buttercup wanted to hit him too. "I'm tired of listening to you. I think we all are. But you're too stubborn to give this up, aren't you?"

"What would happen if I did? You'd beat me up? Hand me to the police? Do you KNOW what they do to people like us if we're not on their side? That's what being this city's waitresses for so long has done for you! You can't see something so OBVIOUS because they adore you. As soon as they don't like you anymore, what's gonna happen?"

Buttercup glanced across at Davroe, who seemed very uncomfortable being relegated to just being part of the thinning crowd. How soon would everyone else in this room have turned a gun on her just as he did? "I know people can do dumb things." she said, some bite to her words. "But my sisters and I made our choice how to live our lives. And you made yours."

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby arcon3 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:18 pm

That was a rather uncharacteristic level of maturity that Buttercup. Overall, I like it although it would have been nice for Davroe to at least get knocked out by a restrained punch. Despite her normal behavior however, given the events of this fic and Reunification, this doesn't seem too unlikely for this kind of action at least pertaining to serious situations such as the current one.

Postby Q.U. » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey Grids. You like moe, right?

Cause I just came across this. Maybe you know it already.

Yes, it's offtopic. No, I can still edit it to look like I was asking for reference to this anime in Grids' story.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Damn right I've heard about it.

Blood smiled, droplets of red dripping from her cheek from the clotting cut above her eye "These people are idiots, Buttercup. There's nothing they can do that we can't do better! You're no better than them if you keep standing up for them! This is YOUR MISTAKE! If I have to, I'll get rid of ALL of them so that you've got nothing left to live for! THEN we'll see what you-"

A loud 'BANG' interrupted her, making Buttercup jump and Blossom wince and whimper. Blood's eyes flashed momentarily as something came to a screeching halt beside her head. She turned to look at it. Small, golden and spinning, its pointed end inches from Blood's skin. She looked past it and its origin was instantly clear. Davroe, holding a second pistol, was glaring at her from behind its lightly smoking muzzle. Her ruby eyes narrowed, something again flashing deep within her iris. Continuing to spin, the tiny bullet began to fly apart, its smooth and shiny shape disintegrating into glittering flecks that faded into thin air. Her smile returned, her tongue licking up the stray red droplets that fell too close to her lips.

Buttercup's expression was much different, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. Davroe noticed her and merely shrugged "What? I always keep a spare with me."

Buttercup's face fell "Oh... you idiot."

Blood cracked her knuckles "I'm guessing you'd thank me if I got rid of this guy. I'll even throw in his team for free!"

Buttercup shouted "DON'T TOUCH THEM!"

Blood winked "I don't actually have to touch them..."

Buttercup's heels flashed bright green but Blood's hand was already alight. She couldn't even shout a warning in time. The sudden sound of thunder boomed in her ears and she found herself slamming headlong into the wall instead of Blood. The whole building shunted sideways, knocking Blood to her knees and insighting yelps of terror from Davroe's female aides as the stocky man threw himself to the floor rather than topple over like a first-year initiate. Blossom stumbled, the quaking tremors knocking the whole room back and forth. Tabitha fell to the floor hard and didn't move. Blossom yelped at her but before she could rush to her side, one of Davroe's white-wearing aides stumbled and fell atop her, pinning her stomach-first on the floor and crushing her injured arm. She groaned loudly, her head deciding to spin.

"What the hell?" shouted Buttercup, holding her head as she clambered back to her feet only for the floor to suddenly shift and drop her back onto her backside. Her forehead stung and felt unusually warm.

Blood was floating in the air beside her, the only one not somehow knocked down "When I told Sora to shout her problems out to the world, I didn't think she'd get this into it!"

"This is SORA's doing?" Buttercup again tried to stand, unable to take flight without first regaining her footing.

"Looks like she's got the same idea I had, finally." Blood said with a satisfied smirk. Then she giggled "Ahaha, you're bleeding too. We're even now."

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:23 pm

For someone who doesn't want the whole city destroyed, Blood sure seems happy about this. And why hasn't she noticed Bubbles isn't around yet?

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Buttercup seethed "You deserved that kick."

Blood didn't wait for Buttercup to hover "Yeah, well," CRACK went her fist across Buttercup's cheek, knocking her down once again "you had that one coming, too." Her smile faltered a little "I should be able to sense Sora, though... why can't I sense her?" The tremors subsided. Silence once again. Blood glanced around. The only thing standing besides her was the large oak table. She stared down at the floored bodies. Buttercup was facedown, Blood's fist sore but satisfied with the punched that leveled her. Davroe, near the head of the table and still upon his stomach, seemed flustered and out of his depth. He was much easier to read than Buttercup. He'd bitten off far more than he could chew. Far more sizzle than substance. She'd deal with him later. Buttercup groaned but didn't get up. "Thankyou, Sora." Blood said, smiling to herself reassuringly. She couldn't sense her friend but she was coming to her senses, she knew. This city was just a hiccup. Soon, the world would know of them both. First, though, she'd happily watch as Sora erased this whole place from existence and with it any evidence that there'd been complications in their relationship. She'd turn this place into a monument for Sora's brother, even. A far better use for this place than a giant leech feeding off what little life he once had. She relished the silence and the sight of everyone on the floor at the same time. That was how it ought to have been, all the time. Esper over normality. Evolution's natural next step.

Then she heard a muffled voice. "Get oooooff me..."

Her eyes narrowed and she felt her heart rate increase. Her hand lit up with psionic energy, directed from her mind to the tips of her fingers. There was someone she'd beaten, so decisively, yet given the chance to slip away. Now was her chance to put that matter to rest. Without the leader, the Powerpuff Girls would splinter and shatter. Perhaps then, the other two would be open to some reasoning. Where was Bubbles, anyway? She stared across the top of the oak table, waiting for the Powerpuff leader to reach her feet. One strike, no hesitation. She wondered what it would do to her to catch her so directly. As long as it was enough to stop the girl's heart, it would be enough. A figure stood up before her and she threw her arm forward.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:07 pm

She can't "see" them and the last time she tried any sort of psychic trick against one there was a delayed reaction. Either it doesn't work or another tremor throws Blossom out of the building. Actually, I'm betting on the latter interrupting Blood. Blossom's seem better days after all, as depicted here:

http://maneshi.deviantart.com/art/Crims ... -217579357
I'll commission something more recent next time.

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:49 am

I'm betting Piper takes the shot for Blossom. Any takers?

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

I'll take.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Tabitha is my character. I'm pretty sure Griddles has no intention on killing someone else's character outright. Except for Jase. And the old Darkstar Council, which was made up of five characters. Remove the copyright stipulation and the count goes up to...oh crap, suddenly the odds aren't looking too good.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature