Grids - Talisman (GRIDS WILL RETURN)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Griddles' new series - Part One: Talisman

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm

You sure about that? Her ever-changing screenname keeps popping up on MSN. Unless that's someone else. Still, news to me.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Next-Gen. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Youch, sorry to hear that.

But Hey, your letting her char Live On!
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Q.U. wrote:I found a real version of that Sora...

lol

Tell me she died figuratively D:
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Q.U. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm

What's wrong KM? You don't like her? Look at that flat chest and young firm skin...

1. A man is only as big as the attention he gets. If he gives, he gets nothing unless given More.

That's a missed quote. Because it oscillates around what we define as "big". And some people, existence of whom you're not even aware of, are bigger than you might comprehend.
There is always someone "bigger"/better out there. If you can't find him/her it means s/he either doesn't want to be found, or didn't reach the right level yet, or you're just too blind to see them.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Q.U. wrote:What's wrong KM? You don't like her? Look at that flat chest and young firm skin...

Nah. I just find hilarious.

But that Midori person... please tell me she didn't die in real life D:
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 am

MidoriChii was a persona. The girl who used to be her is still very much alive.

Bubbles couldn't help feeling jealous of her. The crystal was beautiful, almost hypnotic in how it glinted in the sunlight, reflecting off each of the polished carved edges. "Um... can I touch it?"

The girl's voice dropped to a whisper. "Ok, but... please don't take it off my top. It's... precious to me."

Bubbles reached out tentatively, some sort of hesitation holding her back at first. Imagine what any girl would do to own a beautiful gemstone like-

"LOOK OUT!" came a scream from the field below before something shot through the air straight in Bubbles' direction. She spun her gaze toward it only to see a hurtling sphere of white with black patches roaring toward her face from the sports ground. The suddenness of it all paralysed her, choking away any reflex she could use to defend herself. Her hands shot up to cover her head and she turned away, screaming in fright as out-of-control soccerball slammed into her. Or, it would have...

With one eye still half open she thought she saw something most unexpected... and unsettling. The girl she was talking to raised her hand and from her fingertips a pulsing glow flashed quickly and only once. The brooch on her chest glinted with that unnatural light again. The sound of the soccerball hitting something solid rang in Bubbles' ears but she felt no impact against her shielding arms. She dropped them quickly to see the ball rolling slowly back down the hill as one of the boys from the team opposing Buttercup ran to grab it, shouting out a generic "You ok?" remark to her before running back to the playing zone with ball in hand, not waiting for her reply. Bubbles didn't reckon he'd get one as she was completely lost for words. Amongst the children on the field she saw Buttercup staring up at her with an uncomfortable and guilty look on her face. Bubbles knew right away that the rogue kick had come from her. What Bubbles didn't know is why she was not nursing two sore arms right now. Bubbles glanced around. Other people on the artificial hillside glanced at her for only a moment and the second they could tell she was alright they turned their attention back to the game. Hadn't they seen anything? What had blocked the ball?

The girl next to her muttered "You ok?"

Bubbles turned to her "Uh, yeah, but... what did you-"

"Oh, I'm real glad..." the girl smiled in relief, "If you got hurt then... then I don't know what... um..." she struggled for words "I'm real glad." she decided to finish with. Bubbles continued to give her an incredulous stare, completely dumbstruck. The girl glanced back at the game that had resumed, but then her attention went back to Bubbles. Bubbles felt uneasy. All of a sudden there was something about this girl... something that didn't-

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

A unanimous moan of disappointment rose up from the soccer game as the end of lunch bell chimed through the schoolyard. The girl seemed surprised, "Oh, already? I thought I had more time than that..."

"More time? You don't go to school here, though, right?"

The girl paused, before "Well, you see... I'm waiting for somebody and as I wait I wanted to come and meet you and find out a bit about you. I noticed you were writing a story about yourself."

"Yeah, class project. Due tomorrow."

"I'd love to learn more."

"You sure you're not a fan?"

"Believe me, I-"

ZIP!

"Hey, hey, sorry Bubbles, I was getting cornered and I had to get the ball outta there and it sorta... ended up flying at ya. You alright?"

Bubbles crossed her arms "I coulda been hurt real bad!"

Buttercup plonked down beside her sister "Yeah, well... you blocked it pretty nicely. You should become a goalkeep." Buttercup's shirt wasn't even patchy from sweat. She gestured with a nod to the strange blonde older girl, "Whosis?"

Bubbles pepped up suddenly, "Oh, this is... uh..." she blushed a bit, "Oh gosh I didn't even get a name..."

The girl giggled "Hehehe, that's fine, that's fine..." she reached across for a handshake "I'm Sora. Nice to meet you Buttercup!"

Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Q.U. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 am

Feels kind of rushed. I mean the introduction of this new character, plus some powers, we already know so much. And at first I thought the event would have led to Bubbles accidentally pulling the stone off the girl. Would have been fun to just see someone die in front of you because you pulled something off them in reflex. But then that character would have been extremely short-lived.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am

So the jewel has powers. Interesting...

Hmm...now that you mention it, I seem to recall another character who used this concept.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Aliot » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:13 pm

This is getting really good nao, and im amazed that no one as died so far.
If life gives you the back, Grab his ass!

]I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! And guess what's inside it!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Give him time. Griddles never kills anyone at the beginning of a story or chapter. Well, no one explicitly memorable anyway.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Bree died less than halfway through Reunification. Ergo, she was not explicitly memorable.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:05 am

True, and we didn't get enough time to get to know her more... :(
Not-an-animator

Postby Next-Gen. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Griddles wrote:Bree died less than halfway through Reunification. Ergo, she was not explicitly memorable.

You underestimate your own Character's.

That being the case, let's see more of Bell's side of the story soon. Although I Am enjoying this Sister/Sister interactment, the plot of the mystery person at the end is still on my mind.
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 am

Buttercup seemed taken aback "You know me?"

"EVERYONE knows you!"

"You new around here? Like, you joining the school?"

"No but it looks like a fun place to be!"

"It is when class isn't happening. C'mon Bubbles we'd better get our books. Sora, walk with." Buttercup stood, dragging Bubbles up by the arm as if she owed her for that stray kick.

Sora stood gracefully, her hair coming down almost to her knees and her skirt a little further than that "I've never met heroes like you before." she offered.

As they set off, Buttercup folded her arms behind her head, disappointed that the game for today was over but glad all the same that they weren't called away to another stupid car explosion, "She a fan, Bubbles?"

"I'd say so."

Sora blushed, "Ehehe... well, I mean... the stuff you've done is really well known around here!"

Bubbles blinked, "You said you weren't from around here."

Sora paused, then recovered quickly, "Er, well... I catch on quick." she pressed on, "Is it true you were the ones who caused the meteor shower just before Christmas? I heard a lot about that, but I didn't get to see it..."

Buttercup scoffed, closing her eyes and muttering in a disapproving manner, "Meh, she was part of it... I didn't get to join in."

"How come?"

Buttercup remembered it all too well, "I was.... in bed with a bad cough."

"How do you know so much about what we do when you're not from here?" Bubbles asked.

"I hear things..." Sora murmured, "I... know things..."

Buttercup chucked her a side glance, "How much are those pendant things? Betcha you could sell that for a lot."

Sora clutched her brooch protectively, "I'm not selling this, no way!"

Bubbles wasn't sure but as Sora responded to Buttercup, it almost seemed like there was a deeper emotion driving her statement... some sort of fear or worry that went too deep for her to fully fathom. Bubbles shook her head, trying to ignore it. She'd had a lot of those gut instincts about motivations and emotions of people lately. It was becoming annoying.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Q.U. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 am

So Bubbles is becoming a telepathic type?
And by the way, who draws those pics?

And Sora's lies are so blatant.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:43 am

She's suspicious to me. Too bad, Buttercup wasn't that sharp to sense--neither is Bubbles... I mean--Who would notice that "meteor shower" was the PPG's doing? The girls doesn't have enough street cred--or even infamous enough to be 'accused' of doing that "meteor shower". Who would knew. Unless she's from a secret government agency who've been spying on the girls for a long while now. It's plausible, you know :/
Not-an-animator

Postby J-Dude » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Q.U. wrote:So Bubbles is becoming a telepathic type?
And by the way, who draws those pics?

And Sora's lies are so blatant.

Who draws the pics?

What OTHER famous webcomic artist could it have been? :p
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Dave? Endling? ...bah, I kid. Also, I too smell empath.

Postby Aliot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

nice draws, the history is takin a weird course with a telepath bubbles.
If life gives you the back, Grab his ass!

]I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! And guess what's inside it!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:02 am

Not really telepathic but Bubbles is being more sensitive on the people around her... Being empathic--like Shad said.

She'd make a good profiler :3

or school counselor
Not-an-animator

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:10 am

yay for new updates!
I like how Bubbles now has an innate ability to 'sense' the subtle emotions coming from others. Now she doesn't seem as inferior to Blossom and Buttercup as she used to be.

Also, been meaning to ask you Griddles, but what's the most efficient way to get good internets down in aussie?
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Looks like Bubbles and Buttercup are getting suspicious.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:09 pm

"Hey guys!" came a voice that made Buttercup smirk. Amidst the sea of pale blue uniforms, a girl dashed toward them wearing cherry-pink. In her arms she carried a workbook with a red, white and black cover. The words 'Further Studies of Maths - Grades 2 - 6' were scrawled across is in large gold-rendered lettering. Sora knew who that girl was straight away - not only did it simply make sense that the final girl with the uniquely-tailored uniform was the missing final member, but she'd been told a great deal about the redhead-brunette leader of the acclaimed Powerpuff Girls. She was their leader... their First. Sora expected her to be a bit... well... taller, maybe.

Buttercup folded her arms, the mere sight of textbooks souring her mood, "Back from smartass class?"

"Where's Dexter?" Bubbles asked.

Blossom seemed to go for the more important of the two questions "He went on ahead. He also wanted to borrow something from Dib, but I didn't ask..." Sora felt alienated amidst the conversation, out of place amongst such rudimentary, day-to-day questions that did not remotely concern her. What made her skin crawl, however, was that this girl she'd heard so much about had not even noticed her standing there. Maybe she was a bit thick... just like she'd been told. Her eyes narrowed. She would not jump to conclusions yet. She came here to meet these girls for herself. Only after she got to know them - all of them - would she make up her mind about who they truly were. This first impression was very important! She groaned a little. Reddy was still talking... "... want us to come up with a solution for it by next Tuesday lunchtime. I wanna do this on my own this time - no more help from Dex."

Buttercup threw her hands behind her head and began to wander off, "Weeeeeeeeell all this nerdspeak's boring my socks off, so I'm just gonna get my stuff."

"How was the game?" Blossom chirped, putting on a happy and suddenly-interested face.

"So now you wanna talk to me, eh?" Buttercup smirked "Why don't you poke your head up at lunchtime instead of burying your face in books and see what's happening once in a while? Game was fine... we got 'em but it was close. Nearly smacked Bubbles in the face with a stray kick" she snorted "THAT was kinda funny..."

"It was NOT!" squawked Bubbles, her fists clenched so tight her knuckles were paling, "You're lucky it didn't hit me or you'd have detention!"

Buttercup shot Blossom a glance "Better detention than Nerds R Us."

Blossom gave a devious grin in return "Suit. Your. Self."

Sora turned to Bubbles, discomforted, "Uh, can I..."

Bubbles suddenly squeaked "And besides, if you did hit me I wouldn't have gotten more of a chance to speak to Sora here!"

Blossom's eyes fell upon the taller girl who didn't seem to be from around here, noticing her at last. Amongst the sea of students traveling to their classes, she didn't seem to stand out before now. But that lack of a uniform and that shiny crystal pendant clipped to her top... yes, this girl was out of the ordinary at this time and place. Her hair was the same colour as Bubbles' but those eyes were more like Buttercup's with their near-emerald hue. Blossom considered herself an acceptable judge of character... nothing appeared strange with this girl. So why was she here? What made her so interesting to Bubbles? Blossom offered her hand, still a bit regretful that she hadn't spotted this newcomer earlier "I'm Blossom, leader of the Powerpuff Girls!"

"She always does that 'leader' crap..." Buttercup grumbled as she twisted the combination lock left and right before popping it free and opening her locker to retrieve her stuff.

She inclinded her body, offering-hand-shoulder forward, with a confident grin "You're Sora?"

Sora's cheeks went a bit red. Finally... she was speaking to her! "Y-Yes..." she took the hand and felt it squeezed by Blossom's firm grip. Sora nearly winced.

Everyone got a fairly good idea what she looks like now?

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Q.U. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Everyone got a fairly good idea what she looks like now?

No. Keep them coming, they keep getting better. More and more revealing.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Bleed's fallen in love with her. Compares her to the blonde girl from Ichigo Mashimaro.

He'll do H-art of her soon but I plan to only give that out privately :P

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

PreviousNext

Return to Literature