Grids - Talisman (GRIDS WILL RETURN)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Griddles' new series - Part One: Talisman

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:55 am

Hmm... point taken. Her ego must have taken its toll on her after that incident she got herself into... It was her fault anywayss... She had to blow something up. :(
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:07 am

"My name is Bubbles Utonium..." she recited, the typical introduction. She had no middle name, nor did her sisters. They shared a surname and their names all began with B. That made rollcall fun at times. In sequence, it went Blossom, herself, then Buttercup. She didn't mind that, because usually she was used to being last in everything. "I am a Powerpuff Girl, a girl born with special powers that I use to protect people and make this city safe." She sighed. That was so... plain. She wished someone could narrate this for her, adding their own little input to how it was all said. She hated her limited vocabulary and often went to Blossom for advice. Dexter, meanwhile, had recommended she try a few crosswords.

"My favourite subject is art class! That's where I can draw and colour and make things with my own hands and I think that's something wonderful that any person can do. I'm very shy some of the time, but at other times I love talking to people and making new friends! I... uhhh..." she paused, realising that she needed more content for this segment before she began describing her earlier life - one of the assessment points. What else was there about school that she really... aha! She scribbled on the paper "Since joining Megaville Ele... Eleme... um..." she'd ask the Professor how to spell that later, "many exciting things have happened. My new friends are Mandy, who doesn't speak much about herself but who I think is really cool, Susie and Tootie who always hang out together, and Mike who is doing a special exchange before going back to the island where she was staying. And I really... really" she began to grin as she jotted words down, her handwriting so flurried that what she wrote was barely intelligible "love Courage the school dog! In fact I love animals of all kinds and if I had one dream that I wanted to come true, it'd be that every animal in the world could get along with people and with each other so that there'd be no more extinction, no more whaling and everyone could own the kind of pet they want!" Bubbles felt her heart beating faster as she ended the sentence with a period. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

A whistle blast brought her attention back to the game below. She glanced over the top of her textbook to see the children on the playing field scrambling for the ball again. They'd been out here for a long time now... wouldn't the bell ring soon? Buttercup was again darting between the much older boys, intercepting the ball at incredible and almost unfair speed, a faint trail of green streaking behind her almost too pale to see as she barely even exerted herself. Bubbles sighed - great, the distractions were back. Everyone was screaming down there as though what they said would make a difference and Bubbles had no idea what the score was but by the sound of it the game was close. She closed her eyes and focused. If she got this done tonight she could sleep without a worry. She tried her best to shut out the noise, staring intently at the paper in her lap.

Now came the important part. She said aloud what she was writing, "I don't know how long ago it was, but the day I was created all I can remember was seeing the smiling face (well, shocked at first) of the man who made me and how warm he was when I gave him my first hug. I was young and so happy to be alive! I don't know how it happened and other people will probably explain it better but I was created using a special chemical thingy that Professor Utonium calls 'Chemical X'." Something shuffled beside her but she paid it no heed. This part was important! Focus, Bubbles... "It gave me and my sisters..." she paused, "Sisters and I? Ahh, forget it... it gave us powers and abilities that other people didn't have. Even now I do not fully know what I am capable of doing. I could fly, I could lift very heavy things and I can even shoot light from my hands or eyes like out of a movie. I wanted to say thankyou to the man who made us by keeping him and other people safe from harm and bad people. We became known as the Powerpuff Girls and I was known as the happiness and the laughter of the three." she smiled. She even surprised herself at how good those last few sentences sounded. "After that, we-"

"So you're one of them..." came a voice, gentle but so sudden that Bubbles yelped and spun to meet the source, her pigtails whipping around and smacking her in the face. That voice was so peaceful and when Bubbles saw who it came from she felt her cheeks heat up and the familiar air of shyness envelop her. It was somebody new... and somebody very pretty.

"H-Hi..." she muttered. It was a girl, a few years older than Bubbles, sitting next to her with her legs tucked close to her body, observing the game much like she was. The first thing Bubbles noticed was the cascading blonde hair, as long as Blossom's, which streamed down the girl's back and brushed against the blades of grass behind her. Two marlbe-sized green baubles sat above her ears, tying up a small bunch of that voluptuous hair that streamed outward and then curled around like a party whistle. She was not wearing the school uniform, or any version of it that Bubbles had ever seen, but rather a white vest-like shirt with lacey designs on the front which came down almost to her tummy, leaving her flat midriff exposed. The skin of her tummy looked soft and well toned so that meant she must exercise a lot. Slightly longer than Bubbles' school skirt was a deep green and ruffly sunskirt which hugged the girl's hips snugly and billowed out like the petals of a gorgeous flower even as the girl was sitting down. When the dark green hem was met, what looked like a second skirt beneath it, lighter green in colour, continued until her knees. She wore white socks and running shoes and her legs were slender and blemishless. If Bubbles didn't know any better, the unfamiliar girl who had spoken to her might almost be some sort of living doll.

Then the girl turned her face to meet Bubbles' eyes and that's when the prettiest pair of eyes Bubbles had ever witnessed batted beneath long and perfect eyelashes, observing her with their apple-green shine, "You're one of the Powerpuff Girls!" she grinned.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Q.U. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:32 am

Is it bad that I can't relate who that is?

Blonde hair, waist-long. Green eyes. Few years older than Bubbles...
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby bob-dude » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:57 am

My brain says Blaze(the girl) for whatever reason, but for all I know she could just be a very obsessed cosplayer of some sort, then again aren't ALL coplayer obsessed?
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 am

bob-dude wrote:My brain says Blaze(the girl) for whatever reason, but for all I know she could just be a very obsessed cosplayer of some sort, then again aren't ALL coplayer obsessed?

Blaze can't talk FOOL!!!

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby bob-dude » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:00 am

? Was it ever stated that she couldn't talk, or just chose not to talk? I'm aware that she doesn't say much artistically speaking(IE Grids artwork) but I think it would be fair to say that Blaze(the girl) would be ABLE to talk, but simply chose not to for whatever reason.

And like I said before, Blaze(the girl) was just the first thing that popped into my brain, for all I know I'm odds are wrong about both the elemental and the cosplayer ideas. (That short enough for you Barrager?) I'm open for other suggestions on who this somewhat 'perfect' mystery girl could be.

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 am

Blaze can't talk.

The Blondie sounds spunky... Who in Grid's roster of l0lis girls has that spunkiness, eh? I has an idea, but I'll hear it from you guys
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Q.U. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am

Blaze can't talk.

Does that mean she won't make sounds in bed?
Kind of disappointing, isn't it?

The Blondie sounds spunky... Who in Grid's roster of l0lis girls has that spunkiness, eh?

Why, blonde with green eyes could be just anyone. From [insert random character name here] up to even Eva (which I think is even technically impossible). And if it were Blaze I'm quite sure it would have been mentioned that the ends of her hair have ash colour. We do lack character charts here.

I has an idea, but I'll hear it from you guys

Not particularly interested really... It will be revealed sooner or later, it's not like I'd be eager to solve the mystery straight away.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Q.U. wrote:
Blaze can't talk.

Does that mean she won't make sounds in bed?
Kind of disappointing, isn't it?

...wut? :| I mean. she most likely snores if that's what you're getting at.

bob-dude wrote:? Was it ever stated that she couldn't talk, or just chose not to talk? I'm aware that she doesn't say much artistically speaking(IE Grids artwork) but I think it would be fair to say that Blaze(the girl) would be ABLE to talk, but simply chose not to for whatever reason.

And like I said before, Blaze(the girl) was just the first thing that popped into my brain, for all I know I'm odds are wrong about both the elemental and the cosplayer ideas. (That short enough for you Barrager?) I'm open for other suggestions on who this somewhat 'perfect' mystery girl could be.

Uh...

Griddles wrote:   I rarely speak. Yet my mind will never stay quiet. Because of something I could never understand, it is prevented from rampaging and unleashing the contained storm.
Because of her, I am in control and shall always be.

You might want to read that a bit closely. Or better yet, read the whole thing. Just a suggestion. Spoiler tagged in case of blatancy.As for this new girl, I expected Alex but I haven't the faintest clue as to who she is. Where'd you pull 'perfect' from though? Or cosplayer for that matter? Disregard that, tis most likely    Sora.   
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby bob-dude » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:27 pm

So we have it from Grids that Blaze the chick doesn't talk, got it. Never saw if he had stated otherwise so I was just guess at that point. Now I'm in the know!

Postby Q.U. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:38 pm

But we know she is not incapable of talking, but just chooses not to talk much. That comes out of her personality trait, apparently.

I mean. she most likely snores if that's what you're getting at.

I wonder if I should ask KM about that... Or maybe Grids himself can cast some light on this matter.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Q.U. wrote:But we know she is not incapable of talking, but just chooses not to talk much. That comes out of her personality trait, apparently.

I mean. she most likely snores if that's what you're getting at.

I wonder if I should ask KM about that... Or maybe Grids himself can cast some light on this matter.

The situation is that Blaze can't talk without having to go through serious headaches. Basically, it hurts her head to talk.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 pm

@QU: ? If you're asking if she can or can't talk, she can't unless, like Blazing said, she'll have a massive head ache. I know. Big Mistake to make her talk D:

@Shad: Oh yeah!! I forgot about her!    Sora   , I mean. Maybe that's her...
Not-an-animator

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Exactly. So Bob-Dude, since you often wonder on the Psychopuffs' limitations, there's a sample. Blaze can't speak because of her powers. Going into specifics however, is potential spoiler territory. So much I don't think Matt would want me to tag it with spoilers.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:56 am

Again.

At First, I thought it was the guy from KH lol
Not-an-animator

Postby bob-dude » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 am

Unique limitation, I just would have put some sort of cap on her real powers to prevent her from being over powered. :| But not making her able to talk is somewhat amusing, could I assume that Bio is unable to stop laser beams from blasting her(know she can stop bullets but lasers come off as a different ball game to me)

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:10 am

bob-dude wrote:Unique limitation, I just would have put some sort of cap on her real powers to prevent her from being over powered. :| But not making her able to talk is somewhat amusing, could I assume that Bio is unable to stop laser beams from blasting her(know she can stop bullets but lasers come off as a different ball game to me)

You know I'm starting to get the idea that you want to find out their limitations so you can do some story or something about your girls owning his.

Postby Q.U. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:40 am

You know I'm starting to get the idea that you want to find out their limitations so you can do some story or something about your girls owning his.

I should learn about it as soon as it is written down... :>

But not making her able to talk is somewhat amusing, could I assume that Bio is unable to stop laser beams from blasting her(know she can stop bullets but lasers come off as a different ball game to me)

I still don't know what's exactly the physical property Bio is able to manipulate... If it's just magnetic trick, or control of metals, then a laser beam would have been a challenge. But if she controls electromagnetism as a whole, then she might have at least some effect on laser beams. Although, her ability to "react" to a laser assault would have been impossible, even with the most high-tech upgrades she can get.

@QU: ? If you're asking if she can or can't talk, she can't unless, like Blazing said, she'll have a massive head ache. I know. Big Mistake to make her talk D:

Yes, but noises like "Ahh!" and "Ynh!" do not necessarily have to be included into the equation now, do they? Something like "Yes Kusang! Harder!" would probably be accounted as talking, but just humming might not. So she might be able to hum songs without any drawbacks.
How to defeat Blaze? Ask her "What's your name?", she gets a headache and then you kill her.

Oh, and in this case, I assume Blood is able to communicate with Blaze via telepathy without making the blonde speak out a word. Unless that causes her a headache as well. She should carry post-it notes all around and only write her words on them... Oh, or fit her with a talking equipment, Steven Hawking style.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 am

QU: Oh please don't even go there. :|

I dunno what are the extent of her limitations... and kinda confusing... if she can't talk or EVEN write, I think she should have ended up like Hawkins, but no, that wasn't the case...
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:20 am

Q.U. wrote:

I should learn about it as soon as it is written down... :>

Geez, is everyone desperate to learn their weaknesses?

Postby Q.U. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Geez, is everyone desperate to learn their weaknesses?

That's not exactly the case I meant... I'd get to read Bob's work should it come out in this form. Seeing as I get to read most of what he writes. But never mind that.

QU: Oh please don't even go there.

But it does make me wonder... Perhaps I should suggest Grids writes a short story for Blaze instead of GinXLic?

I dunno what are the extent of her limitations... and kinda confusing... if she can't talk or EVEN write, I think she should have ended up like Hawkins, but no, that wasn't the case...

As I said, we know about talking, but writing or telepathy might not be the same case. Ask the author, we can't know that.

For whatever reason today I thought of Blaze(the female kid) communicating thought signs, like from the Roadrunner cartoons.

Hahaha... Now that would be funny!
Last edited by Q.U. on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bob-dude » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Blaze: I've toyed with the idea from time to time yes, but just as an honest to god freaking joke, not some annoying bashing piece of crap. Just something that pokes fun at the crazy girls, nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: For whatever reason today I thought of Blaze(the female kid) communicating thought signs, like from the Roadrunner cartoons. :grin: ... Yea I have no idea where I came up with it either, still would make a little bit of sense if we thought about it.

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 am

If you have any story ideas/suggestions for your little sick-fics then PM them to me and I'll be more than happy to consider them! :P

Bubbles' cheeks were still red. One instinct was to politely nod and then scoot away out of shyness. But the much stronger urge was to get to know this girl just as she was trying to with her, "Y-Yeah, I am.... um.... do you go to school here?"

The girl shook her head, the long blonde hair shaking like a silky curtain. It almost reminded Bubbles of someone else she once knew, "No... No, I don't, I'm just visiting. I don't live around here."

Bubbles tilted her head, spotting the girl's accent that didn't seem to be local, "Really? Did your parents bring you here? Oh!" she beamed, suddenly excited, "Do they want you to enroll here?"

The girl gave a small grin. Her skin was a bit paler than Bubbles', "No, that's not it. I'm waiting for a friend to pick me up, actually. Thought I'd stop here first," that pleasantly cool stare from the two Kelly-green eyes was relentless, "because I heard about you."

Bubbles gasped, "R-Really? Are..." she fidgeted a bit, "are you a fan?"

The girl giggled politely, her mannerisms strangely refined. "You could say that. I've heard a lot about you. The whole world knows about you since you got your awards from the President himself."

Bubbles cautiously looked away "Everyone's reminding us about those... I don't even know what it really means to have mine."

The girl leaned forward "It means you're officially recognised as heroes."

Bubbles blinked "I wonder if that means I can join those superhero leagues? We've been trying to join for a long time now but they've been saying no." She paused, still being silently regarded by the strange new girl. After a moment, she giggled, "Heh, you probably don't know what I am talking about."

The girl's gaze was intense, "Don't be so sure..."

Bubbles blinked again "Oh...?" something caught her eyes as the girl turned more towards her. In the middle of the lace-like designs on the girl's top was perched a beautiful pendant. It was much larger than any piece of jewelry Bubbles had ever seen, with the width of a golf ball and an intricate geometric design carved into the dome-like green crystal mounted in the centre of the golden base. There was a name for those things... "That's a really pretty pendant thing... um..."

The girl smiled "You mean my brooch?"

"Brooch, that's what I meant!" Bubbles smiled as well "It's so pretty and it looks like it costs a LOT!"

The girl brought her finger to it, stroking one of the ornate edges "It's my pride and joy and I always keep with with me..." as her finger rubbed along the carved edge gently, Bubbles almost swore she saw the jewel itself flicker with an emerald glow "The day I let go of it is the day I die."
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby J-Dude » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 am

bob-dude wrote:Blaze/off topic: Never said he would write it, those where just ideas that first popped into my head. I do have others I'd like to see, such as a story of TentoRaijin when he was starting out (huge fan of his yet to busy/lazy to remember to reread his back story :redface: ) or a story featuring the Helix girls and what they and their powers CAN'T do(ie their limits, flaws), we get it Girds, their power, cute, and awesome, now show us something new for pet's sake(again my thoughts/opinions, now flying fruit please). Those are some things I'd like to see, way more then the other suggested stories, those two were just random fanish wishing was all.

Bob dude, you really confuse me, and it's a bit irritating. This is a fanfic about superheroes branching across dozens of shared or mixed concepts. And Griddles likes his lead bad guys and good guys to be groups of pubescent girls with awesome powers and tragic backgrounds. That's just Griddles' thing.

Here's something, give us an example, or better yet, MAKE an example of a character you WOULD approve of. Explain why they're acceptable, and what sets them apart.

I'm more than willing to regard some of your input, but so far all you're doing is complaining. Complaints don't help us when you give no ideas of your own as to what is acceptable in your mind. We can compare, take notes, but if we end up disagreeing in the end, I'd like to ask you to stop beating a dead horse, and just accept the route that has been chosen.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:49 am

J-Dude wrote:
bob-dude wrote:Blaze/off topic: Never said he would write it, those where just ideas that first popped into my head. I do have others I'd like to see, such as a story of TentoRaijin when he was starting out (huge fan of his yet to busy/lazy to remember to reread his back story :redface: ) or a story featuring the Helix girls and what they and their powers CAN'T do(ie their limits, flaws), we get it Girds, their power, cute, and awesome, now show us something new for pet's sake(again my thoughts/opinions, now flying fruit please). Those are some things I'd like to see, way more then the other suggested stories, those two were just random fanish wishing was all.

Bob dude, you really confuse me, and it's a bit irritating. This is a fanfic about superheroes branching across dozens of shared or mixed concepts. And Griddles likes his lead bad guys and good guys to be groups of pubescent girls with awesome powers and tragic backgrounds. That's just Griddles' thing.

Here's something, give us an example, or better yet, MAKE an example of a character you WOULD approve of. Explain why they're acceptable, and what sets them apart.

I'm more than willing to regard some of your input, but so far all you're doing is complaining. Complaints don't help us when you give no ideas of your own as to what is acceptable in your mind. We can compare, take notes, but if we end up disagreeing in the end, I'd like to ask you to stop beating a dead horse, and just accept the route that has been chosen.

Finally we here from the master of explaining! :mrgreen:

If you have any story ideas/suggestions for your little sick-fics then PM them to me and I'll be more than happy to consider them! :P

lol

...you just mean Bob-Dude right?

PreviousNext

Return to Literature