What's that smell? It must be CHRISTMAS!

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

What's that smell? It must be CHRISTMAS!

Postby Exodis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 pm

That's right, kids! It's almost X-mas, and it's a time for giving, eating, sleeping, and freezing! What would you like for Christmas? No idea what you want? Tell us what you'll give that special someone for X-Mas! Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year (well not really, it is gonna be 2012 ._. fuck)!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Re: What's that smell? It must be CHRISTMAS!

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:38 am

What is this doing in the literature section? This is spam if ever I saw it...

Postby Exodis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:56 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote:What is this doing in the literature section? This is spam if ever I saw it...

How is it spam? Spam is annoying, this isn't. Let people put their answers here! I can't put it on other sections cause it doesn't go with this! Cmon man... IT'S CHRISTMAS!
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Scissors » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:29 pm

No, spam can also be off topic threads.

Oh well, the literature section doesn't get much traffic anyhow. (It's been getting more recently, but...)

As for the question, I have no idea what to give my boyfriend yet, but I'm giving my best friend this adorable thing.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby RedEight » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I am the mooch; I come baring gifts of sorrow and disappointment, and it is the same that I expect in return
Two men walk into a bar; the third one ducks.

My hubpage short story collections: http://adebussch.hubpages.com/

Postby Exodis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:40 pm

RedEight wrote:I am the mooch; I come baring gifts of sorrow and disappointment, and it is the same that I expect in return

Well... looks like someone's gettin coal for Christmas! Haha lol

The Universal Swordsman

Postby RedEight » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Coal is selling at a premium nowadays I hear.
Two men walk into a bar; the third one ducks.

My hubpage short story collections: http://adebussch.hubpages.com/

Postby Maru » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm getting a tablet for my birthday and a trip to Ohio for Christmas!
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm

This is a Christmas thread in a Literature forum, so the least anyone could do is at least post literature having to do with Christmas.

Like, share a Christmas story for example.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm gonna time myself on this 5 minutes... Go!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jared sighed as he looked out the window of his three story suburban home's attic. Christmas again, and while he was sure to get many wonderful and expensive gifts from his parents and neighbors, that wasn't what he really wanted.

Jared had never spoken up enough at school for anyone to really count him as a friend. He drifted from table to table at lunchtime, never really getting into the conversation the way the other kids did. Sports, playtime at recess, and the increasingly loud and hyperactive television shows - they had never really appealed to him.

What Jared did with most of his spare time was help out at the animal shelter down the street. The manager, Mrs. Simmons, needed more help in the summer than the winter though, and had told Jared she wouldn't need him at the station at all this week or the next.

When Jared finally made his way downstairs, he saw his parents standing there grinning with Mrs. Simmons.

"Mrs. Simmons?" was all Jared managed to say before a furry mass collided with him from the right.

"Sorry to keep you away from the clinic this week Jared, but I was taking care of this little fella. He was hit by a bus and nearly lost his left foreleg before he recovered. As soon as I saw him, I knew you two would get along. He's a golden retriever, Iknow they're your favorite."

Jared looked from his parents, to Mrs. Simmons, to his new friend whose tag read "Tank". Perhaps this Christmas was going to be a little different after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There, a heartwarming, generic Christmas story, written in 300 seconds. You're welcome.

Postby Exodis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Innocence Abandoned, you are truly a great Christmas story teller. Now all we need is a Christmas song from you, and you'll be better than a Santa in a mall!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:46 pm

A Christmas song? Hell naw, you're not getting a free song outta me. Besides, I only compose in the summer when I have access to an electric piano
Listen to some dubstep or whatever them kids are into nowadays

Postby Scissors » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:A Christmas song? Hell naw, you're not getting a free song outta me. Besides, I only compose in the summer when I have access to an electric piano
Listen to some dubstep or whatever them kids are into nowadays

Did someone say Christmas themed dubstep?

Edit: Good god, now that I've actually listened to that link, I've realized what a horrible thing I've given to this thread. That dubstep...
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby Maru » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 pm

It's a little early for me to write a Christmas episode for Feathers... After all, I just started the series.
It'd be too much.

But I do love it. The snow of Winter's warming chill in my fingers. Christmas is that day where even if you're a jerk, people still party with you on a day of such religious meanings. It's so heartwarming! Christmas is still second to my Halloween though...

Now count every 17 syllables, y'all. And Merry Christmas.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Return to Literature