Quotable quotes

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Quotable quotes

Postby Spaceballs » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

"Smith is not a man. He is an intelligent creature with the genes and ancestry of a man, but he is not a man..."
- Stranger in a Strange Land

"Sit back down — and for God's sake quit trying to be as nasty as I am; you don't have my years of practice. Now let me get something straight: you are not in my debt. You can't be. Impossible — because I never do anything I don't want to do. Nor does anyone, but in my case I am always aware of it."
- Stranger in a Strange Land
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

1-2-3-4-5? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

My Deviant Art page. Image

Postby Trace284 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:28 pm

The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
ImageImage
Some people are like Slinkies. They don't have a purpose, but it's fun to push them down the stairs.

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 am

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into
you. -Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900)

Seven blunders of the world that lead to violence: wealth without work,
pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without
morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics
without principle. -Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a
hunt. -Otto von Bismarck, statesman (1815-1898)

Dissent is what rescues democracy from a quiet death behind closed doors.
-Lewis H. Lapham, editor (1935- )

Postby Spaceballs » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 am

"May the merciful gods, if indeed there be such, guard those hours when no power of the will, or drug that the cunning of man devises, can keep me from the chasm of sleep. Death is merciful, for there is no return therefrom, but with him who has come back out of the nethermost chambers of night, haggard and knowing, peace rests nevermore. Fool that I was to plunge with such unsanctioned frensy into mysteries no man was meant to penetrate; fool or god that he was — my only friend, who led me and went before me, and who in the end passed into terrors which may yet be mine!"
- H. P. Lovecraft

1-2-3-4-5? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

Postby psychoslug » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:06 am

"Sex is like math. You subtract the clothes, add the bed, divide the legs and multiply the kids" - Unknown

It is generally ill advisabkle to play Russian Roulette, especially if the gun is an automatic.
You and you: Panic. Everyone else, Follow me.

Postby Trace284 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Another one,
Me: Greatness is for the great. That's why you're a loser.
ImageImage
Some people are like Slinkies. They don't have a purpose, but it's fun to push them down the stairs.

Postby Spaceballs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:41 pm

"I am sinister. Beware I live. Run. Run. Run. I hunger. RAAAWWWRRR!!!"
- We are the Strange

"Good evening, I'm Tom Tucker. Coming up, important traffic news that can't help you because you're some place where a TV is."
- Family Guy

"A gun is not a weapon, Marge! It's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon or... uh, a... an alligator."
- The Simpsons

Postby Spaceballs » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 pm

"EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED."

"DEMOCRACY... IS NON-NEGOTIABLE."

"OBSTRUCTION DETECTED. COMPOSITION: TITANIUM ALLOY SUPPLEMENTED BY PHOTONIC RESONANCE BARRIER. PROBABILITY OF MISSION HINDRANCE... ZERO PERCENT!!"

- Liberty Prime

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Harley Quinn drops a mallet on Batman's head, Joker catches it in mid-fall]
The Joker: Careful, Harley. You'll kill him.
Harley Quinn: But...
The Joker: But nothing. You're my hench-wench. Less wench, more hench, you molly-coddling little twit. Nobody kills the bat but me. Like so...
[Batman and Joker begin fighting]

The Joker: [halfway through the Batman vs. Joker fight] Uh, Harley, a little help here, slugger?
Harley Quinn: [to herself] Ooooo, now he needs my help, 'less wench' he says, 'more hench' he says.
[shouts]
Harley Quinn: You're on your own, puddin'!
The Joker: That Harley; won't kill for you, can't kill without you!
[goes back to fighting]

The Joker: So, after that, we're home free. Our friend in tights takes the bait, and after we lure him in, we string him up and drop him in the drink! Ha-ha-ha...! Any questions?
Thug: Yeah, well boss... me and some of the other guys were thinking, since we're fighting the Bat and all that, maybe we're not getting paid as much as we should. I mean, when I was working for the Penguin, we was getting benefits and a 401-k...
[Harley charges out of the shadows and hits him over the head with a mallet]
Harley Quinn: Well, now you're working for Mr. J, you chowderhead. You'll do what he says, and take what he gives, and hope it is not - A BULLET!
The Joker: Baby, you're the best!
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby nightwalker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 pm

can you go :right: to :left: if you :left: to :right:
Chibi sephiroth

Postby Spaceballs » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 am

"To kill the beast, you must know him. To know him, you must become him. I have become a monster to kill monsters. Sly. Callous. Duplicitous. I thought it was for revenge. I was wrong. It was for pleasure. I am home, a predator amongst predators."
- Robert Sheldon

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm

"Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? All you grubby-ass bitches are going down! Like, way down! Dead down! So down you ain't gonna know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be crying to your skank-ass Queen, 'Oh Mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!' Fuck you! We gonna whoop yo momma's ass! WHOO!"
- Cole Train (Gears of War 2)
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:35 am

"Life.. death.. either way we're devoted to our tiny cubicles"
-Hermes.

Postby Spaceballs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 pm

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."
- Albert Einstein

Postby Spaceballs » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Sarafan Soldiers: "Surrender, vampire, and we promise you an easy death!"
Kain: "I would promise you the same... but it would be a lie."

-Legacy of Kain series

Postby David_Kaung » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. -A. Whitney Brown

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 am

~Ayaka Yukihiro: Good morning, Negi-sensei, welc...
[slides]
Class 2-A: Good morning, class rep!
Ayaka Yukihiro: What are you all doing here?
Asuna Kagurazaka: We're guardians, guardians. If we let Negi go alone, we don't know what you'd do to him.
Ayaka Yukihiro: Asuna, I'll kill you!
Asuna Kagurazaka: I accept that challenge!
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby thetzar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 pm

You can either live your dreams, or live your life.

Living your life, you will live in health until you're 90 and you will have everything everyone else has: a home, a family, a car, a job...but when you will look back on your life, you will see that you never became what you were meant to be.

Living your dreams, on the other hand, you probably won't see 40, but you won't care. You will not have much and you won't need it. But when you look back at what you have acomplished, the lenght of your life, the amount of things you had, or could have had, will be irrelevant and unimportant... for you have become your dream and thus made it real.

Postby Cheesemore » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson. -Vernon Law- (In my Sig ^_^)
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Spaceballs » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:40 am

(on phone) "Oh, how awful. Did he at least die painlessly? ...To shreds, you say. Well, how is his wife holding up? ...To shreds, you say."
- Professor Farnsworth:

Master Control Program: You're getting brutal, Sark. Brutal and needlessly sadistic.
Sark: Thank you, Master Control.
- Tron

Postby Cheesemore » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:50 am

Fry:Hey I got an idea, let's escape through this steam pipe

Bender:Good idea

(Steam flys out at them)

Fry:No good, it's full of steam!
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 pm

"4 gods sit on the windowsill, where once 8 gods did war and will and if the gods themselves may die, what does that say for you and I?"
- Penny Arcade's 'On the rain-slick precipice of darkness.'

"Now, three gods wait on the windowsill. Where one god's blood was lately spilled. While black tongues lap at the spreading pool. And build the strength they need to rule."
- Penny Arcade's 'On the rain-slick precipice of darkness.'
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Spaceballs » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 pm

"Whoever said a picture was worth a thousand words... is about to see just how badly he miscounted."
- Ra's al Ghul

"This is Politics: 'Do what you're told or we'll punish you.' This is Religion: 'Suffer misery now so you can be happy after death.' This is Philosophy: 'The Universe came from nothing, and will one day return to it.' None of these doctrines stands up to rational analysis."
- Anarky

"In 1995, the countries of southeast asia spent $435 billion on military expenditure-- Not because the people demanded it, you understand; how many peasants do you know who've started wars? Mao Tse-Tung spouted a lot of nonsense, but he sure got one thing right: 'all (political) power comes out the barrel of a gun.' You don't believe me, do you? You live in a democracy. You vote for your leaders-- So tell me -- what happens if you want to disobey them? Say you don't like the President. You object to paying taxes to support him, his family, his pets, his bodyguards and his friends he wangled jobs for. What do you do? Or say you don't like your taxes being used to subsidize foreign arms sales for slaughter in the third world. How can you stop it? Vote for somebody else, whose policy is the same? Don't vote? The government pretends to be there to serve you. In reality, it's there to tell you what to do-- If you refuse to obey, you'll be investigated--arrested--criminalized. Your assets will be seized and given to the state. You will be jailed. And that's the 'free' America -- -- Imagine what it's like in Iraq."
- Anarky

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Kid #1: Stay away from our women, or we'll beat you crapless, comprende?

Kid #2: Everything but comprende.
The Master of Cheese

Postby justshort » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Why go to High School, When you can go to school High?
Proud to be a girl who likes video games.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature