Quotable quotes

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Quotable quotes

Postby Spaceballs » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm

"It is sometimes hard, in times like these, to understand God's way. Why would he allow nine innocent people to be run down in the prime of their lives by a senior citizen who, perhaps, shouldn't be driving? It is then that we must understand, God's sense of humor is very different from our own. He does not laugh at the simple "man walks into a bar" joke. No, God needs complex irony and subtle farcical twists that seem macabre to you and me. All that we can hope for is that God got his good laugh and a tragedy such as this will never happen again."
- South Park

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. It was the experience of mystery — even if mixed with fear — that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds: it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity. In this sense, and only this sense, I am a deeply religious man."
- Albert Einstein
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

1-2-3-4-5? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

My Deviant Art page. Image

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Spaceballs » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 pm

"The greatest joy in doing evil is to be rewarded by the sight of those who suffer its consequence!"
- Mephisto

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom or truth? Perhaps peace? Or could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although... only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? WHY? WHY DO YOU PERSIST?"
- Agent Smith

"Reluctance to forgive has long been a human failing. It is man's nature to sin, yet you answer sin with violence upon violence. Is that not itself a sin?"
- Emperor Mateus Palamecia

1-2-3-4-5? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

Postby Spaceballs » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:38 am

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man. Physically unremarkable, it instead possesses a deformed set of values. Notice the hideously bloated sense of humanity's importance. Also note the club-footed social conscience and the withered optimism. It's certainly not for the squeamish, is it? Most repulsive of all, are its frail and useless notions of order and sanity. If too much weight is placed upon them... they snap. How does it live, I hear you ask? How does this poor pathetic specimen survive in today's harsh and irrational environment? I'm afraid the sad answer is, "Not very well". Faced with the inescapable fact that human existence is mad, random, and pointless, one in eight of them crack up and go stark slavering buggo! Who can blame them? In a world as psychotic as this... any other response would be crazy!"
- Joker

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Hobos and Tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants. I come before you, to stand before you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. One bright morning in the middle of the night two dead fellows stood up to fight. They stood back to back, facing each other, drew their swords and shot each other. If you don't believe my lie, it's true, ask the blind lady on the corner, she saw it too."
- Joker

"You can't kill me without becoming like me! I can't kill you without losing the only human being who can keep up with me! Isn't it IRONIC?"
- Joker

Postby Q.U. » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:41 am

"Four exclamation points; the true sign of a Mad Man." -Terry Pratchett

Slugs?! I mean what was the almighty thinking of when he created slugs. They can't think. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. I mean; are we not in the hands of a lunatic?

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty, I will no longer be standing. Because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby psychoslug » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 am

"I don't think you should mention 'Christmas' to jose"
"Why not?"
"Because I hear that in mexico, they celebrate something called 'Navided' with some chick named 'Philis'."
"Oh, you mean 'Feliz navidad?'"
"Yeah, that's the bitch."
You and you: Panic. Everyone else, Follow me.

Postby Spaceballs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm

"I'm sorry, guys. I never meant to hurt you. Just to destroy everything you ever believed in."
- Bender, Futurama

Leela: Kids don't turn rotten just from watching TV.
Fry: Yeah. Give a little credit to our public schools.
- Futurama

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."
- Colonel Gerald Wellman

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 am

May it be half and hour in heaven before the devil knows your dead. - Irish Rovers CD
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Spaceballs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:09 pm

"A poet can write about a man slaying a dragon, but not about a man pushing a button that releases a bomb."
- W. H. Auden

"I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:58 am

Spaceballs wrote:"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man. Physically unremarkable, it instead possesses a deformed set of values. Notice the hideously bloated sense of humanity's importance. Also note the club-footed social conscience and the withered optimism. It's certainly not for the squeamish, is it? Most repulsive of all, are its frail and useless notions of order and sanity. If too much weight is placed upon them... they snap. How does it live, I hear you ask? How does this poor pathetic specimen survive in today's harsh and irrational environment? I'm afraid the sad answer is, "Not very well". Faced with the inescapable fact that human existence is mad, random, and pointless, one in eight of them crack up and go stark slavering buggo! Who can blame them? In a world as psychotic as this... any other response would be crazy!"
- Joker

Ah. A The Killing Joke fan. It is one of my favorites.

"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."
~Groucho Marx
Daffy Duck to Elmer Fudd: "Shoot me again, I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gunpowder, and carnight. I'm an elk, shoot me! Go on, it's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab. Why don't you shoot me?! It's fiddlercrab season!" ~from "Duck, Rabbit, DucK"

Postby Spaceballs » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Ignignokt: You and your third dimension.
Frylock: What about it?
Ignignokt: Oh nothing. It's cute. We have five.
Err: Th-thousand
Ignignokt: Yes, five thousand.
Err: Don't question it!
Frylock: Oh yeah? Well I only see two.
Ignignokt: Well that sounds like a personal problem.

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 pm

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
~Groucho Marx
Daffy Duck to Elmer Fudd: "Shoot me again, I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gunpowder, and carnight. I'm an elk, shoot me! Go on, it's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab. Why don't you shoot me?! It's fiddlercrab season!" ~from "Duck, Rabbit, DucK"

Postby Spaceballs » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:41 pm

"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."
- Homer Simpson

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Groucho: "Get outta here before I get arrested."
Chico: "Nah I'd like to stay and see that."
~Groucho and Chico Marx in A Night at the Opera (movie)

(Sorry...I just like the classics)

Postby Spaceballs » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm

"Look, all I know is that this cord here was plugged into my house, and your house was glowin' like the frickin' sun! So I put two and two together there hey, and decided that you're pissin' me off."
- Carl

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 am

Doctor Doofenshmirtz (While he is dancing with Perry the Platypus): "To add insult to injury, the platypus is leading..."
~"Out of Toon" Phineas and Ferb

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:51 am

~When asked,"How do you write ?" I invariably answer, "one word at a time.' - Stephen King
~"I've given up thinking - it keeps getting me into trouble." - Clark, You Know They've Got A Hell Of A Band in Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Stephen King
~"He was a loser, you know. Every high school has to have at least two: it's like a national law. One male, one female. Everyone's dumping ground." - Christine, narration, Prologue, Stephen King
~"I taggled my own quartermack!" - Kyra Devore Bag of Bones, Stephen King

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am

Master Chief: "Thought I'd try shooting my way out - mix things up a little."

Postby Q.U. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Steel prison door get blasted out.

Guard: Trying to escape you scum? You'll pay dearly for this!
Prisoner: Sorry about the door... Couldn't find a doorbell.

Q: My, my... I'm bemused to see you here. You actually did follow me all the way. Your hatred towards me had finally managed to overcome your restraint, fear, and cowardice. The question is, what do you plan to do next?

N: I'm here to put you to justice for what you've done!

Q: I see... And just what attribute, what tool, or what power would you be able to use in order to achieve that petty goal?

N: I'm armed with the trust and support of those whom you have brought misery upon. I hold the virtue of all those who seek justice, and the love of all those who care about me.

Q: No, my friend! What you are armed with are the false hopes of the weak, and the fallacious belief that any of them actually cares about your existence. You hold the misplaced ideals from a world long gone, and the hatred that allowed you to finally come here and meet me face to face.

Edit

337 more to go.

By the way, where does the big quote come from?

It's not big, and it came from the same place as the quote in "the best way to kill off a character"... Only this time with Vanitas and not Taurus.
Last edited by Q.U. on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Thy_Robocop » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Q.U. wrote:Edit

337 more to go.

Lulz, I got it.

By the way, where does the big quote come from?

My turn to quote:

Giacomo: Since when haven't you confessed?
Giovanni: Well, there was Pertini, and we won the 2006 world cup...
Giacomo: That was in 1982.

Aldo: Je suis un cavalier!
Giovanni and Giacomo: Cavaliere?
Aldo: Oui?
G&G: Prrrrt!

Roughly translated from the "Cosmo sul comò", which I had seen yesterday.
“How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?” Sherlock Holmes
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." Lovecraft
"It's incredible how the human mind can devise such simple explanations to the things it doesn't understand, just to avoid looking at the terrible bigger picture that is the truth. Unfortunately, that won't help them when it comes knocking at the door." Alyssa Gillespine

Check out my (still ongoing) short stories here on Snafu or on my DeviantArt Account .

Postby chaos-shadow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Wisdom is sticking your tongue in a lamp socket and remembering not to do the same thing ten years later.
On a tombstone: "I told you I was sick!!!

Postby chaos-shadow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:44 pm

If at first you don't succeed, remove any evidence you ever tried

Postby chaos-shadow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Last conversation you ever want to hear in a war zone:

"Did you just hear a loud explosion?"
"Yeah. did you just see a bright flash?" ...
"Oh, Shit!"

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:15 am

Please don't double, or triple post; it's annoying.

~If life gives you lemons, make grape juice and sit back to watch everyone wonder how the hell you did it.

Postby psychoslug » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 am

Prototype 52573-9: "Engine malfunction, preparing to jettison unecessary weight."

Bruno: "Dammit! You're not ejecting us this time!"

Prototype 52573-9: "Calculating. . . Preparing to jettison unecessary weight."

*Grinding sound followed by large thunk*

Mateo(Looking out window): "Was that Jester?""

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elliot: "I have come to give you a one-time offer. Hand over the woman, or I will kill you. What is your answer?"

Michael: "When you put it that way, how can I refuse?" (grabs katana and charges forward) "Wait, I remember now!"
You and you: Panic. Everyone else, Follow me.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature