Switch to full style
Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.
Post a reply

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:58 pm

What do I do, when it comes to updating a story I posted?

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:40 pm

danke!

Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:34 pm

TheMaxyDawg wrote:Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

That's a good question, and the answer's probably no...

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Hello, This is mostly for the sake of my curriosity and my writing that I have posted on here.

I am just currious how do you continue your running topic on a new page (much like this thread right now)? I don't wan't poeple to feel swamped when reading my work.

Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 pm

i have read it

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am

TheMaxyDawg wrote:Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

No. If someone is making fake chapters, it's obvious it's not from you.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 am

So am I actually allowed to post more than one thread if I have 2 'way' different stories? I was planning on making only but 2 threads anyway, if that is okay?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I wanted to know what could have possibly had happened to make it where you can only have one thread for -every- story you have? I mean if you love to write and show off, then using one thread for everything that you have is Tedious and confusing. All of the stories will seem like it is one story that I'm just jumping around with. Not that I don't mind doing it, though..

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 am

Because then some people wind up having like 5 threads

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Man, I'm a jerk. I think I love me!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Cole wrote:Man, I'm a jerk. I think I love me!

I know I love you Cole. This much. You can't see it, but my arms are stretched out.

Our own story

Sun May 17, 2009 3:02 am

Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Lititure? :unsure:

Re: Our own story

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Shadow Aliance wrote:Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Literature? :unsure:

Of course it is. Your story does not have to be a fanfic, it can be of your own imagination.

Re: Our own story

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Shadow Aliance wrote:Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Literature? :unsure:

Of course it is. Your story does not have to be a fanfic, it can be of your own imagination.

Thank you for correcting that in the quote.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Greetings. I finally cracked and decided to join the forum. I plan on submitting a fanfic or two here, but I had a question regarding one of them.

It's going to be based off of Total Drama Island, and I'm currently in the process of putting together chapter ideas and compiling characters from multiple sources. However, I am still in the need of a few of the latter. However, I didn't want to immediately make a post on the site asking people to submit their character ideas, since it's essentially frowned upon on other forums.

Is it safe to assume that I should look elsewhere for this sort of participation, or would such a post be allowed?

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 am

You are allowed one topic to put your work in it, and if you want ideas from people then you are allowed to ask for them in your topic. Yet, I'd advise you to try and do it on your own, since it is unlikely for you to get much feedback here, random people don't drop by in this forum much, and if they do they tend to read only the stories they already know.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 am

You know, using an IP Generator isn't a mad skill of any sorts...at all..

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 pm

If one were to edit their own work, should they notify others that it has been edited?

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 pm

If you mean notification by PM, then as long as they don't consider it spam it's fine. If you mean bumping your thread, then it depends on the degree of the edit I suppose. Fixing errors and the like isn't really equivalent to updating your story, unless you've remade something. Still, you can bump it if you want as long as there is somebody who you know will want to know about the edit. (Even though in this case I believe PMs would still be better.) Like somebody who gave you criticism and you've edited what they'd pointed out and wish a second check.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Can Jesus make a thread with some exquisite Jesus haikus? aka Christkus?

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Poetry goes into literature, so I don't see why not. At least as long as you don't copy/paste the whole bible.

And I'm assuming Jesus never had a thread in the Lit forum. If so it could be even better to reactivate it.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm

I used to have a shitty ass story back in my emo days but that was like 4 years ago.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:29 am

What about screenplays? I have a few feature length screenplay that I would like to post (I would post one at a time of course) but I feel that it might be too much. Would I then just post it in sections or would I need a link? How would be the best way to handle that?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:34 pm

As much as I dislike necroing a dead...oh, it's not dead.

Anyway, is one allowed to link music to their work?
I don't think there's a rule about that.
Post a reply