Across the Dreams and through Fantasy - On Hiatus

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter V)

Postby Aeris » Sun May 21, 2006 5:32 am

Chapter VI – Class

As the young girl entered the class, preceded by the librarian, silence fell upon them. It seemed that the mere sight of the drow had profoundly stunned everyone, including the teacher, so nobody was making the slightest sound. The embarrassing seconds felt like minutes for Aeris, the attention of every single classmates focused on the newcomers. Finally, the teacher decided to break this momentum of complete paralysis by saying – or rather trying to say something. Words did not follow the movements of his mouth, and something told the young girl that what was happening was indeed very wrong. If even the teacher couldn't mutter a word in front the drow, who might the dark elf really be? Edrix Harpell seemed to realize something, and snapped his finger in an absolute silence.

Sorry Mith Solen, I had completely forgot the spell of silence at your entrance. It is rare to see you here
, he said with his casual joyous tone.

Aeris was relieved. It was only a silence spell. Nothing more. So comforted she was that she forgot that the door was still open as she leaned backward, crashing heavily, her new belongings bouncing on the floor. The ink-pot however did not shatter on the ground, as she expected with dread. In a single turn, the nimble fingers of the drow found the item before it could even touch the floor, not wasting a single droplet of the precious black ink. In a blink of an eye, he went back to his original position, the only change being the dark pot held in his right hand. The young girl gasped with dismay at the display of such agility and reflexes, while slowly getting up, gathering her book and her parchments. The laughs of her classmates were also cut short at the librarian's action, hopefully for the shameful young girl, who once again stood behind him, hiding as much as she could her blushing cheeks. The teacher was anew the first to break the embarrassing silence that fell on the classroom, this time without the need of a spell.

Eh… Hahah! Truly you acted before I could, not that I would not have been able to prevent this ink-pot from breaking!
He cockily said, laughing.

I do not doubt you a second
, answered the drow politely, a slight smirk showing on his face.

Hem… Well, if miss Aeris could take a sit, now?

Sure, sir Harpell, she answered while striding quickly to the empty seat beside Rukia, trying to hide her shame as well as possible.

As she sat, disposing her belongings on the table carefully, her gaze was once again focused on the dark elf. The ink-pot was now on top of her book, which was not the case before she passed next to him. Confused, she carefully stared at the drow's right hand. The black pot was not here anymore. As the two adults were chattering, Aeris curiously asked Rukia.

Eh… How did the teacher called the librarian, again? Mith... something?

Mith Solen. That means Grey-Eyes in Common language.

Grey-Eyes?

Haven't you noticed? He is blind.

Wait… That's not possible, how come…

I too did not believe that at the beginning, but he truly is
, Rukia cut short.

The door closed gently, ending the conversation between the two students. Harpell clapped his hands happily, resuming his teaching.

Alright, since a new student has joined us, we will learn some easier spells – but no less useful in battle! You all know that war is breeding at the north, we would better prepare ourselves. Now, look at me carefully.

Harpell started chanting in some unknown language, moving his hands in slow and mesmerizing motions. Although she was truly fascinated by the spell, one word clearly rang in her mind: "Danger". With all the strength she could gather, she adverted her gaze from the teacher, thus countering the effect of the spell on her. She shortly realized that Rukia had done the same, as some other more experienced students, who had already witnessed the effects of such a spell. The other ones were still facing the teacher, seeming lost in their contemplation. Less than ten seconds later, the teacher clapped his hands, and asked clearly.

Why don't you all go and run a bit in the corridors? It's good for the health!

All the ensorcelled students rose without a second thought, heading for the door. Aeris also started to rise, but Rukia quickly prevented her from doing it. The young girl gazed at her friend curiously, wondering why she did not also follow the teacher's order like so many others did.

That's a little test. Look at those who didn't fall into the teacher's trick
, she quietly muttered.

A quick scan made Aeris understand her mistake, and she once again sat confidently on her chair, waiting for the teacher's reaction. Harpell was still waving at the last student who crossed the door with an amused smile, and then turned to the remaining students.

You got magic in your blood, don't you?

It took some time for Aeris to understand that the words were aimed at her. She shuffled her feet uncomfortably, not knowing what to answer. But the teacher was already explaining for her.

First the signature… And then this! Not many – if not any – can advert their gaze from a hypnosis spell without knowing it! Tell me, did you know this spell?

No…

Have you ever witnessed the effects of such a spell before?

No…

Truly amazing. You might be able to cast superior spells without the need of too much training, I think I will not need to adapt my lessons for you. However! All of you here realize how this spell can be dangerous! It doesn't even consume half of the energy you need for a fireball or a lightning bolt! Remember well, such spells can be very useful. Very useful. Alright, session ended! See you students tomorrow! I will wait for the others to return.

This time, none of students hesitated to gather their effects and leave the class. Following Rukia, Aeris also left the room. In their way to the entrance of the building, they met some of the ensorcelled students, walking confusedly towards the classroom, not quite understanding why they were running for about two minutes now.

So… We only have class the morning?

Sure. All of us here work the afternoon.

Oh, I see.

Don't you have a job?

Hum… Yea I have.

What is it?

Florist.

Oh.

You?

Serving people and all in a tavern
, she answered with a grin.

Oh, I see. Which one?

Dragon Tavern.

How far is it from the Sunset inn?

Right next to it.

Well I might pass some times, said she with a smile.

Time was now for lunch. Rukia headed for her workplace, while Aeris still depended on the temple. For now.
Last edited by Aeris on Sun May 21, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art Thread (not to be updated for a while)

Postby Darkness_calls » Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 am

GREAT!
Always when I read this it reminds me of old D&D adventures ^_^

The writing is truly amazing, the syle is perfect and the descriptions are good ^_^

You've really outdone all my hopes. Truly amazing.
You deserva a medal :)

Postby Aeris » Sun May 21, 2006 10:45 am

Thanks^^

Working on the next chapter. Erf, that's hard xD

Postby APE » Sun May 21, 2006 1:39 pm

Darkness_calls wrote:GREAT!
Always when I read this it reminds me of old D&D adventures ^_^

The writing is truly amazing, the syle is perfect and the descriptions are good ^_^

You've really outdone all my hopes. Truly amazing.
You deserva a medal :)

agreed, for aceiveing exelence in your fan-fic i give you this *gives golden meadal*.

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter VI)

Postby Aeris » Sun May 21, 2006 3:30 pm

//Alright, some people may find that chapter pitiful, but I don't care. I almost cried when I wrote this chapter. You may think: What kind of fucktard would cry in front of a computer while writing a fic? Well, I did. Call it weakness, call it stupidity, call it whatever you want, I don't give a shit.//

Chapter VII – Mommy

As time passed, Aeris got used to her new life. In fact, she truly enjoyed it. Every morning her knowledge was expended with the magic lessons. Learning new spells, training with friendly competition… The afternoon, she turned into a florist, composing new bunches of flowers, performing her daily job in the sweet sent of charming plants. And then, she would dine with Rukia, chatting mainly about wizardry. Eventually, she would go to the library were she could enlarge her wisdom and once again find new spells that Harpell did not have time to teach. She came to know Solen pretty well. The peaceful librarian had however warned her about the evilness of the dark elves, and that he was but an exception. "Never trust the words of a drow", that was the litany he kept telling her. He also carefully chose the books that could interest the young girl, since he had not much to do.

Life was easy and enjoyable.

But an event had occurred. Some would say it was a curse inflicted upon her, since it would deeply change her life. A burden she would have to carry to her grave. Aeris saw it as a blessing.

It was her last day at the temple. Two weeks had gone since her awakening, and she now had to leave the place. Through her window, she watched the sun fade into the darkness of the coming night, and wondered how lucky she had been. No longer her heart was aching for her past. The constant chattering of the town that she heard meant: "Welcome home". She truly felt as if she belonged here. Only two weeks had passed, and still it was with a hint of nostalgia that Aeris would leave the huge temple. Not that she wanted to stay there; she knew that some people would need her room for more urgent matters. The young girl didn't feel like going out, she enjoyed being in this peaceful place, a place where she surely wouldn't come often anymore after this day. She was wrong to think that. Feeling compelled to at least thank her nurse, the old Soye, the young girl jumped off her bed and headed for the corridors. Surely he would pass by, she knew. Not ten minutes had slipped, and already she sighted the old elf, seeming running in all directions, sorely pressed by his work. As she approached him, he gladly turned to her and asked.

Oh, I'm sorry, but could you watch over these young girls?
He said, pointing the door he had just crossed.

I have the feeling that they will awaken soon.

Sure, I will do that.

Many thanks. I must depart now.

Watching the old man walk away, she then quietly entered the room. Similar to hers, but bigger, it contained three beds, where three little children were sleeping calmly. They weren't old, no. About five to eight years old, she guessed. And so cute… The first one, with blond hair, seemed more agitated than the others. Watching the three little girls sleeping, Aeris found a level of inner-peace she could have never hoped to achieve. She was glad the old nurse had told her to look after them. It seemed that she could be staying like that starring at the sleepy children for hours and hours, her smile not fading away from the least. But it did.

The youngest one of the three, the little blond girl whose dream seemed agitated, started sobbing. Was she awakened? The sound of her tears deeply pained Aeris, even more than when she had been inadvertently struck by a minor lightning bolt while training in the magic school. She slowly moved towards the bed, and froze when she heard the desperate voice of the young child.

Mommy? She heard.

The young girl still had her eyes closed, curled in her bed, silently crying. This revelation broke everything Aeris held to before. This amnesia was not a blessing. It was a curse. Although she truly enjoyed her new life, she couldn't help but think about those children, whose parents will never know, and ultimately lost.

Mommy?
She heard once again, the pleading voice seeming almost as begging.

Aeris felt her heart break at the desperate call. Without thinking more, without wanting to hear more suffering, she quickly strode towards the bed and warmly hugged the young blond child. The word 'Mommy' rang in her mind, she felt the sadness bursting from her own heart. The child needed her. She needed a mother.

Don't worry honey. Mommy is here. Mommy is here, she gently soothed in the girl's ear, hiding the best as she could her own grief.

Mommy I thought I was alone!
Answered the child, bursting into desperate tears.

Mommy, mommy, mommy
, she repeated, her voice fading away as she roughly grabbed Aeris, burying her head in the young woman's embrace.

Truly Aeris was amazed by the child desperation. The endless tears soaked her shirt, and the child's strong grasp was strong and painful. But the young woman did not let go. She kept hugging the child – her child, now – and tried hard to fight back her own tears – in vain. The noisy cries of the youngest had awakened her sisters, who now were looking confusedly at the room. Driving her tears away, the new mother's gaze found the children's eyes. The first one was quite a strange one – orange hair and pink eyes – and looked at Aeris with confusion. The second, however, the one with black hair and green eyes, seemed more distant and more careful. Seconds went by before any words could be spoken by anyone, but ultimately the call remained the same.

Mommy?
Asked shyly the orange-haired girl.

She tried rising up, but found – to late – that her legs weren't able to support her weight yet. She almost fell on the ground, but Aeris caught her in time, without releasing the first child – not that the blond girl wanted to be separated from her mommy. As an answer to that protective act, Aeris felt that the orange-haired was also tightly embracing her, seeking for some warmth. The last child still didn't move, eying the group with confusion – if not suspicion. The dark haired girl seemed lost, not knowing what to think. Aeris broke her contemplation by gently soothing some words in a motherly voice.

Come here.

Yea….
Answered the young girl after hesitating a bit.

She also went to her new mother, and even her couldn't deny that she felt comfortable around her mommy. Was it Aeris' charisma that led the children take her as a mother? Was it because of the fact that the children only needed someone? Or was this caused by a outer force, something surreal that no one could even start guessing about? To Aeris, it didn't matter. She felt like she had always been their mother. No more a girl. But a woman. Despite her young age, despite every thought that had ever crossed her mind about children, family and all, she felt as a mother. Now, her life was truly complete. Now, the distant call of "Welcome home" was fully echoing in her mind. Slowly releasing her embrace, she remarked that the blond girl had once again dozed off. Carefully lifting her from the ground, where she had been kneeling for about five minutes now (since she had prevented the second child from falling), she replaced the girl on the bed, pulling her cover on her so she doesn't get cold. To her relief, the tears were already drying, and now a faint smile could be discerned on the child's innocent face. She gently stroked the young girl's cheek, and then turned back to the other two.

Why don't you two also get back to bed? She gently asked.

It is getting late. You better rest a bit, alright?

The two girls looked at each other, and nodded in agreement. Then, they also went to their bed, and quickly fainted into the dreamlands. They were still tired. Aeris found a chair to sit on, and she continued watching over the girls, her smile more warm than ever.

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter VII)

Postby Leon FlameBurst » Sun May 21, 2006 3:36 pm

Great story, Aeris, keep this up!

Postby Darkness_calls » Sun May 21, 2006 9:05 pm

This is just great ^_^
If I'm not dieing out of stupitidy, then I would guess those girls would be the powerpuffs (or at least the looks).

This chapter moved me (not much but still did, that is rare. So look at this a praise).
10 years ago I would have cried. But like said above I got moved by it. Touching chapter.

How old is Aeris acually ?

I am really glad that you write this, because it fills me with memories (good ones), yes even this chapter reminded me of a D&D adventure lol

The style amazes me, like it always has. The describtions are good and the storyline is even better.
I could see a good movie out of this ^_^

Really well done. Most pleasing :)

Postby Aeris » Mon May 22, 2006 1:25 am

Thanks for you nice comment.

She should be about 17 years old, the fact is that in medieval time, people started having children at about... 14 years old?

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon May 22, 2006 1:29 am

Wow...

tsk tsk, what kind of educational technique they use there?

still, sounds pretty romantic, to know secrets of love at that age (or are you telling me there are phedophiles?)
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Aeris » Mon May 22, 2006 1:31 am

Wow wow wait a second.
You're telling me you do not know that in Medival time, people lived up to 40 years old when they were lucky (and therefore had children way sooner)?

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon May 22, 2006 1:43 am

Well, i got more things to do than paying attention in History class (doesn't count for my exams)

Postby Aeris » Mon May 22, 2006 1:49 am

That's not in class you learn that xD

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon May 22, 2006 1:53 am

Ha ha, you re right lol

im just playing dumb!

but, hey, i didn't remember, ok, i apologize, i apologize...

Postby Aeris » Mon May 22, 2006 2:00 am

xD
Why apologize?
There is no shame in not knowing
But there is in not wanting to know^^

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon May 22, 2006 2:05 am

TRue, YAY, my mom has just let me know i've been accepted in the Theather school!

My poems are giving fruits!!!

Postby APE » Mon May 22, 2006 1:09 pm

Brilliant work *gives 97 platinum medals* absolutely brilliant.
and darkness can't help but feel the same way as you about the three girls.
love the story, can only confirm whatever else DC said about the fic, waiting for a new chapter of this is like waiting for MI-III(witch is supposed to be very good)
also congrats Mir@k, 'bout the Theater school thing.

Postby Aeris » Mon May 22, 2006 1:14 pm

Thanks Ape... The next update is surely going to be on wednesday, since I got some work to do...
Congratulation, Mir@k^^

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter VII)

Postby Aeris » Tue May 23, 2006 10:44 am

Chapter VIII – Bubbles, Blossom, Buttercup

During the whole night, Aeris was watching over her new children. She now felt so complete… Even when tiredness was more oppressing than ever, she did not advert her gaze from the three girls. Soye came not long after the kids were asleep. Obviously, he had no way to know what happened earlier. "Everything's fine, young girl?" he asked. "No more a girl, but a mother" she had answered. Without saying more, the wise elf had already understood. Leaving the privacy Aeris needed, he went back to his duties. Sun had risen for about two hours now… Summer did not let night last long, anyway. Unflinching, the young woman was still comfortably sat on her chair, half asleep.

Mommy?
Came an anxious call.

Scared that the previous scene had been but a dream, the blond girl had woken up asking for a confirmation of the truth. Aeris was quickly at her side, as nimble as a cat, moving without a sound despite her weariness.

Yes my dear? She quietly asked.

The young girl closely looked at her mother, and then buried her face into the young woman's breasts in content.

Mommy…
She repeater in a joyous tone.

Not a second thought had crossed the girl's mind. The possibility of Aeris not being her mother did not even exist for her. For the moment, the comforting sight and embrace of her mommy was the only thing she needed. The young woman looked tenderly at her child, than turned her gaze upon the black-haired one, who was turning in her bed with a groan.

Bubbles will you just…
She let go an angry sigh.

Never mind
, she continued while jumping out of her bed.

Bubbles? The name echoed in her mind. Bubbles. She looked at the blond child once again, and smiled. Indeed that was a pretty name. Apparently, "Bubbles" had just roused her sister with her noisy awakening. The last girl stayed in bed, struggling to stay asleep. A faint attempt, considering the kick the black-haired girl delivered in her bed.

Buttercup…?
Asked the young girl, remaining half-asleep.

Aeris chuckled at the spectacle. Buttercup sure was a healthy one, so quickly up on her feet and with enough vitality to be kicking at her sister's bed.

C'mon Blossom you can't be sleeping all day long!

Just… Leave me alone…
Answered Blossom as she turned, hiding her head under the pillow.

Buttercup… Blossom… Bubbles… Such pretty names, Aeris thought, although very original. Buttercup sure was a weird one. But she liked it. With a smile, she lifted Bubbles in her arms and went for Blossom's bed.

Yes, Blossom, wake up. Mommy has a lot of things to tell you three.

… Alright mom…

Less than a minute later, the four of them were sitting on Buttercup's bed, which was next to the wall so they could lean on it.

So… Where should I start… Aeris wondered aloud.

Why don't we remember anything, mommy?
Asked Bubbles innocently.

Aeris smiled at the youngest girl (at least she supposed Bubbles was the youngest, considering her reactions).

Well… You were playing on the walls of the city with your sisters and then… You all fell together… And then… The young woman hoped the girls wouldn't see through the lie, she really wanted to avoid telling them the true nature of that amnesia.

I brought you there… I thought you were injured, but the priests told me that everything was alright… Except a slight head trauma, which is the source of your amnesia… But there is nothing to be afraid of, alright? She ended with a warm smile.

Though Buttercup seemed unconvinced, she did not ask for further informations.

And Daddy?
Asked Bubbles with an innocent smile.

Not that she didn't expected the question, but that made Aeris feel uneasy.

Daddy is… gone. He travels a lot with his friends. But I'm sure he will be back soon.

Aeris knew she was doing a dangerous gamble, here. However, she didn't have anything else for the moment. Happy with the answers, Bubbles was already looking curiously at the room with a childish happiness. Blossom seemed more lost in her thoughts, Aeris dreaded she would remember something that would compromise her decision. But she didn't seem suspicious at all, it seemed that she was lost in a day-dream. Buttercup was reflecting for a moment, then inaction pushed her to jump off the bed.

So, where do we go now?

A warm smile spread on the young mother's face as she stood up, gently stroking Bubbles' and Blossom's head to tell them they were indeed going.

Outside, she answered with a joyous chuckle.

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue May 23, 2006 10:53 am

Ohh mommy love ^_^
Nice idea to put the PPG's in the fic :P
(You know Buttercup is the name of an flower?)

Again you amaze me. I've told many times how I love your fiction :)

Though this is the first chapter that doesn't remind me of an D&D adventure lol

Well done, very pleasant reading ^_^

Postby Aeris » Tue May 23, 2006 11:47 am

First attempt of drawing... (It's supposed to be Aeris...)

Added after 27 seconds:

EDIT: Not finished

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue May 23, 2006 11:48 am

Rawr lol

Really good Aeris ^_^

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter VIII)

Postby Aeris » Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 am

A really quick sketch of Aeris holding Bubbles in her arms.
I will draw it when I improve... :D
And for those who wonder, it was done in geography class. I truly don't give a crap at LEDC's slums. ^_^

Postby Darkness_calls » Wed May 24, 2006 10:14 am

I aslo draw in school when I'm bored. It angers the teacher greatly, but they usually don't do anything because I most often pass :P

Postby Comic Kitten » Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Wow. I never knew of your fanfic. I LOVE it!!! ^_^
Meow.

Postby Tsunade » Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm

I like it! ^_^
Never see that coming(talking about the PPG) I tought this was nothing about them. Still like it
Keep it up!
My first fanfic-Chapter 14: viewtopic.php?t=11453
A Model's Diary!:Ingrid Lavinge:Translated by Tsunade:Comedy:
viewtopic.php?t=14977
Teen Titans, you'll never be forgotten!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Literature