Across the Dreams and through Fantasy - On Hiatus

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Aeris » Mon May 15, 2006 11:59 am

Damn, you're too smart :/
Art Thread (not to be updated for a while)

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon May 15, 2006 12:16 pm

Why thank you ^_^

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter III - 2)

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 2:17 am

Chapter IV – Mighty Magic

Part I

The main façade of the large building was covered by numerous magical lights of different colors. "Faery fires", she would learn later. Such a school could be recognize easily by its originality. Arrived in front of the edifice, the young woman wondered if she would dare to enter. Trying to gather all the courage that she had, she slowly stepped toward the entrance, gradually climbing the several stairs, thus closing again and again to her fears. As she touched the magnificent wooden door, she noticed that her hand was trembling. Biting her lower lip, she gently pushed it open. No one came to greet her, no one was here. In the large and empty corridor resounded the steps of the young woman, staring with awe the inner decorations. She almost fell down as a sharp sound of explosion came from the window, shortly followed by another one.

I'm telling you mine was bigger!

Who cares, mine was more powerful! Look at the target you fool!

The young girl stood up and peeked out the window to see two young boys quarreling in the courtyard. Some fifty feet away, two targets supposedly made for crossbow training had been literally blasted to dust by the spellcasters. She hesitated to answer: "There is no target", since none of it was remaining. By the smoke and the burning pieces of wood, she could easily guess some fire-register spells had been used, most likely fireballs, which was the first thing that crossed her mind. Watching the two adolescent arguing about their respective powers, the young girl now wondered if whether or not she wanted to go further in this school. Looking at where the targets should have been, she correctly deduced that if she had been there, there would be not much left of her body.

Oh yea? Than beat this!

As the young man began chanting and moving in rapid motion his arms for some seconds, the woman wisely backed away some steps from the window. Conjuring a bolt of lightning, the wizard then pointed at another target, instantly blown high in the sky. The opponent did not let the contest end so easily, and thus he started casting another spell, which invoked a long green arrow, hitting again another target (there wouldn't be much targets left for crossbow practice by the end of the day). The wooden target gradually melted to a gooey substance.

(Acid!)

The young girl gasped in disbelief. Indeed those were mighty spells that could easily kill any living being, she thought. Having enough of this destructive show, which she hoped would not end in a blood-bath, she turned to visit the school some more.

And collided with a dark-blue-haired girl, who fell to the ground, books and scrolls dropping randomly on the ground.

I'm sorry! I confused, really! I didn't see you!

It's ok. It doesn't really matter.

Helping the newcomer to get up, the young woman then quickly started helping to retrieve her belongings.

Who are you? She asked curiously.

I never saw you around here.

Well I… I've just awaken in the temple a few time ago and… Well, I wondered if I could apply to this school… Magic is so fascinating! ]She added with enthusiasm.

Oh, I see. Just come with me, I'll present you to the teachers.

Wh…What? You mean, I don't have to… I thought that…

You have a different status, as all the other 'Heroes'. What, did you believe you would have to pass some sort of test or anything?

Uh… No, but it seems so… I mean… (I would never have thought that it would be done in such an easy way.)

Well, if you don't mind, we better go,
cut the blue-haired girl sharply, not meanly though.

And the young woman found herself following blindly the student, not really knowing where she would take her. As minutes went by, the young woman soon realized that she would likely have got herself lost if had she stayed alone. The enormous edifice was such a maze! After what seemed to be hours of contemplation, the student finally stopped at the door, and asked.

By the way, what is your name? Mine's Rukia.

Eh… Well… She answered, embarrassed.

Well?

I don't… Err… Remember my name.

That's rather curious. Oh well, the teacher will surely find you one.

The knob slowly turned, opening the path to her grandest ambitions…
Last edited by Aeris on Tue May 16, 2006 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue May 16, 2006 3:12 am

Hay, change the color from blue to cyan, please, i didn't read it well...

i had to select the text... that pisses me off,...

I though you were going to name 'Raven' to the witch :P
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 3:33 am

Mir@k wrote:I though you were going to name 'Raven' to the witch :P

Why so?^^

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue May 16, 2006 3:43 am

Why, hair is dark blue, carrying spellbooks and stuff...

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue May 16, 2006 9:52 am

So the student cast Melf's acid arrow ;)

Aeris ... do you play D&D?
Just asking because you have great fantasy knowledge and D&D is the best place to earn fantasy knowledge.

Other then that question, really great. Love the newest addition ^_^

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 11:05 am

Dracosire.com is a RolePlay forum based on the rules of D&D, thus having the same combat system and the same spells.

Ooooooh and that reminds me!
Happy birthday NightShadow9^^

In case you guys wonder who he is (no, it's not the one that exists in this forum), he is a childhood friend who works with me on this fiction. The fact that I used his nick for my first account here (before I screwed up with the email stuff) is because I didn't have much idea of an account name, and he didn't mind me taking his (which I already have done on several other forums) because he doesn't go to this forum.

He is also the one who made the character of Aeris, based on FF7 that he played at the age of 10 or so. Playing only male characters in Dracosire, he gave me the concept of Aeris, which I then developed on Dracosire.

Back to the D&D stuff. He is a GameMaster, thus knowing a lot about that^^

Thanks NightShadow9 and happy birthday again^^

PS: I don't care if he doesn't read this, it's just a personal tribute for him :D

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue May 16, 2006 11:10 am

Good for you ^_^
Giving personal tributes to your friends :)

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 11:15 am

The Pb is that he doesn't care about his work being read by others :/
That's sad, he has good stuff.
If it wasn't for me, he would surely had kept all of his work in some folder which eventually would be forgotten...
Damn it! Why does he have to do that! Anyway :/

Oh, and I still don't get the connection between the student and this so-called... Raven? Who is she? Some famous character?

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue May 16, 2006 11:54 am

Nope, she's from teen titans

Postby Frostmork » Tue May 16, 2006 11:59 am

I think they mean "Raven" in teen titans.
Otherwise:
Cool...

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 12:06 pm

Aahhhh.
I remember my little 'sis watching this show one year ago^^ (or less, I don't remember well)

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter IV - 1)

Postby Leon FlameBurst » Tue May 16, 2006 12:08 pm

Wow, big and great fantasy stories! w00t
Keep this up!

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 12:11 pm

Thx all^^

Postby Emerald Emblem » Tue May 16, 2006 12:12 pm

I only read the first 2 parts of your first chapter but what i read is good
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Aeris » Tue May 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Alright, Fiction isn't gonna get updated for at least two or three days (yea, work work work), so here is so different kind of art... MUSIC!

Alright, if you have the time, download the file, it's a piece of harp played by NightShadow9^^
Leave some comments about it^^

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=4EJEFEFS

PS: I like harp XD

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue May 16, 2006 1:14 pm

oooh I didn't notice HArp you say ... must check !

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue May 16, 2006 1:14 pm

You like harp? why,
that's the instrument i handle!

:strings harp: <---------- Didn't you notice it before?

Postby Aeris » Wed May 17, 2006 1:45 pm

//SCREW THE HOMEWORKS! HERE COMES THE NEW UPDATE XD//

Chapter IV - Mighty Magic

Part II

The class revealed itself, a dozen of students seeming to be taking notes on their desk. The teacher was not to found anywhere. What a relief.

You're late.

The cold voice had been murmured just an inch from Rukia's ear, who quickly turned around to face her teacher. The teacher was still nowhere to be found.

You're late
, Repeated the voice

But who cares?
The teacher said suddenly in a joyous tone.

Dismissing his invisibility, he reappeared in front of the two girls, the first one wearing a expression of relief, the other one… Quiet unsure of how she should act, and still shocked by the sudden apparition from the oblivion of a tall human in a… Brown with yellow stripes robe, which was somehow a very disturbing sight, she hesitated between presenting herself or just smiling helplessly while waiting for a question. She would have opted for the first option, but she realized that she just couldn't say a word. Too intimidated? Perhaps.

Who cares? And ooohhh… You've brought a new student, haven't you, Rukia?

Yea
, she answered casually, hardly caring.

That's marvelous! Tell me young girl, what is your name?

(Why does everyone have to ask me about my name? Uh… Ok, that was a pretty dumb question.)

Hum… Well…

Well young girl? You don't want to tell me your name?

No no! I just… Don't remember it, that's all.

Ohhh…
Said the teacher in a sorry tone.

That's awful! I will find you one!

Err… Thanks.

She couldn't have said anything better. The teacher clapped his hands happily, and continued.

Well, Rukia, if you don't mind sitting down…

No sir.

Sir? Ahhh don't call me 'sir'! I despise that! Just call me… Edrix Harpell, the greatest mage that ever walked on Farun.

Actually, sir, it's Faerûn.

Really? Curious. Oh, who cares. Please take a sit.

Yes sir.

What did I just told you?
Asked him in a teasing tone.

Yes, Edrix Harpell, the greatest mage that ever walked on Farun
, she said, almost exasperated, accentuating the misspelled word.

Right! Now, young lady. Let's see what you can do. Here
, he said, giving her a scroll.

The young woman looked curiously at the paper, not getting what she had to do.

Hum… Sorry but… What do I do with it?

Just try! Try!
He said, waving his hands in the air emphatically, making himself resemble to a featherless bird trying to take off (and failing, by the way).

(Alright… Hum… Let's see that… Tanui… tuaerarsecum… renonfru… Alright. Oh? There seems to be another text under… Etele ecolio… tetiri saecre… acopo auaundor taberi… pepplite… grauanfla… grauanflaffensta.)

Tanui tuaerarsecum renonfru etele ecolio tetiri saecre acopo auaundor taberi pepplite grauanflaffensta, she murmured quietly under her breath, trying to understand what such text could mean.

Hum sir? What does this m…

*Bang!*

Before the girl could do a thing, the scroll suddenly disintegrated in a loud pop, leaving only particles of burned paper flowing in the air.

That's curious
, the teacher said, looking interestingly the floating remnant of the magic scroll.

Tell me young girl, what did you do?

I just repeated what was written on the paper! Nothing more, I swear! she said, distressed.

Alright alright, just calm down. I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation to this.

Actually sir, none of your explanations have ever been logical
, said one of the student with an amused tone, bringing forth a burst of laughter of the whole class.

Rukia didn't seem to care, she was still looking distractively at the flying dust.

Ah, shhhh! Don't say that. There isn't any spells that the Harpells haven't explained.

But sir, I heard that the Harpells were eccentric wizards and that you would never know if a fireball thrown by one of them isn't going to freeze the enemy to death instead of burning them!

Really? That's not true.

Then how come you made your robe disappear when you first casted the invisibility spell?

A quick look to Rukia made the young woman clearly understand that she had been glad to be late.

That was… on purpose! A good laugh doesn't make anyone bad, does it?

No sir
, replied the student, thus ending the chuckles of his classmates.

Alright… Back to were I was. Sooooo… Ah, I knew the spell couldn't fail!
He suddenly said with excitement.

Wh… What?

Following the teacher's gaze to the floor, she clearly saw five letters on the ground, shining peacefully in a bluish glow.

Aer… Aeris?

Seems that I won't need to find you a name no more, young lady! Or should I say, miss Aeris! Alright!

The teacher took another parchment and started writing frantically. Then, he turned to Aeris and delicately left it into her waiting hands.

Alright! He repeated.

You will need some stuff! Go to the library, show the librarian this paper, he will give you everything you need, and then come back here as fast as possible. Understood?

I… think so, said she, quite unsure.

Then go!

The young woman quickly opened the door and rushed into the corridors.

Postby Comic Kitten » Wed May 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Oooooh please continue!!!!! w00t
Hmm

Postby APE » Fri May 19, 2006 8:56 am

sweet fic, but how can you be both in the forums and in your fic?
hmmmmmmmmmmm....
ugh i don't undertand, my heads tired

Postby Darkness_calls » Fri May 19, 2006 10:34 am

I love this fic. It reminds me of my old D&D character (before she was killed and eaten my zombies, then turning into a lich)

Really well describet and most pleasing. I love this fiction ^_^

Postby Aeris » Sat May 20, 2006 5:26 am

That's called magic, Ape, magic... :D
And Darkness, I really pity your character. Eaten by zombies... Eeeek.

Added after 10 hours 9 minutes:

Chapter V – Lost?

Aeris ran for about a minute before noticing that something was terribly wrong. She did not know where the library was. And worse, she did not know where she was now. Looking around her, confused, she tried to find an appropriate solution to the problem.

(That's simple. Let's just go back to the classroom and ask for more indications.)

And so, the young woman turned backed to the path she thought was leading to the right location. Nearly five minutes passed before she realized that she was obviously lost. Her first reaction was to cede to panic, chewing nervously her lower lips while spinning around to find any possible clue of where she was. Pragmatism made her calm down, knowing that losing her nerves would be indeed a bad idea. After some reflections, she came to the conclusion that she would first have to find someone who could help her. She went to the nearest door and knocked, waiting calmly for an answer. None was given. As she tried opening the door, she realized that it was locked. Her initial surprise was quickly washed away by an embarrassed chuckle.

(Of course it's locked… As if all the rooms were occupied… I wonder what I expected…)

As nearly all the doors were unfortunately locked – and the ones which weren't led to empty and dusty abandoned classrooms – she started thinking about another option. How much time did she loose already? Thirty minutes? Perhaps even more? The corridors were so silent… If she hadn't encounter Rukia, she could have believed that the edifice was deserted. Fumbling with the paper the teacher gave her, she tried finding some relatively useful informations on it. A map. A map. This time the chuckle was replaced by a loud laugh. How stupid she had proved herself! How could she probably explain to the teacher the delay, now? She had no excuses.

(Alright… So where am I…)

As she spotted on the map what seemed to be the courtyard she was facing, she managed to draw in her mind the shortest route to the library. Ten minutes later, she opened the door of an empty room.

(Nope, that's not it.)

Continuing her quest with her map, she quickly identified her mistake, and once again headed for the library. Once again, an empty room was the confirmation of her mistake.

(Doesn't look like it either…)

Annoyed by the previous failures, she turned the map upside down two or three times, trying to spot a liable element in her surroundings that could be found in the map. This time, she would succeed. Walking in long strides, it didn't last long before she came in the view of a large door.

(Ah… Finally!)

As she opened the door, satisfied, she almost dropped to the floor.

No that's the god damn toilets!
She raged out of frustration.

Slamming her fist angrily on the rocky wall, she did nothing more than hurting herself. Yep, such unconsidered action could be very painful, and the young woman was glad she had not used her head to accomplish such a feat. Muttering silence curses while holding her aching hand, never she would have noticed the silent and slender silhouette that now stood barely two steps behind her.

May I help you, young lady?
Asked a melodic voice.

Quickly turning around to face the speaker, who wore a long night-blue cloak, thus hiding his face, the young girl answered in a embarrassed tone.

Hum… Well… Actually, yes. Could you tell me where the library is?

Right here,
he answered, pointing at door next to the toilets.

Aeris blushed deep-red as she realized her mistake. The map was not wrong. She had just chosen the wrong door out of impatience.

Oh… Errr… Hum… Thanks… She said, confused, while walking towards the door.

Might I know what you intend to do in the library?
The slender figure gently asked.

I… Have to give… Hum… This, to the librarian, said she, waving nervously the paper she had in hands.

Then no further will you need to go. I am the librarian.

Oh… Then… Hum, here you go.

She handed the paper to the librarian, whose hands revealed to be as dark as ebonite. After such a sight, she eyed him quite curiously, although she realized short after such things were not polite at all. Having apparently noticed the sudden attention of the young human, the librarian answered casually without leaving his eyes from the paper.

Drow. Dark elf, if you prefer.

Uh?

It took some times for Aeris to register such informations, for she did not expect them to be exposed so easily.

Oh, right! Sorry, I am a bit lost.

She chuckled nervously while waiting for the drow's verdict. A few moment later, he bade her to follow him into the library. Such a large room, filled with knowledge (and dust)! Handing her a well crafted book, a feather, ink and some parchments, the dark elf then said.

Well, here you go, young lady.

Alright…

Don't worry, I will accompany you to mister Harpell.

Thanks! (How did he know that? Oh well, I guess I must seem very lost indeed.)

Locking the great wooden doors as they left the library, thus securing centuries or millenniums of precious lore and wisdom, the two of them headed back to the classroom. While walking, the young lady curiously peeked out at the book, which was absolutely… empty. Nothing written on it.

Excuse me… She started with a curious tone.

The book will be yours to fill. Spells, mostly, for you will need them in written form to memory them each day
, he quickly answered.

Alright…

They resumed their walk, Aeris having now more questions in head than answers she had been given.

Postby Darkness_calls » Sat May 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Most pleasing Aeris ^_^
Drows aren't to be trusted lol
This must be a good one ;)

Great chapter :)

PreviousNext

Return to Literature