Across the Dreams and through Fantasy - On Hiatus

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Across the Dreams and through Fantasy - On Hiatus

Postby Aeris » Wed May 10, 2006 10:31 am

The actual story is on hiatus.

Book I - Rebirth

Chapter I - Imagination. Updated Wednesday 10th May at 6h51 P.M. GMT.

Chapter II - New World, New Life.
Part I updated Thursday 11th May at 5h36 A.M. GMT.
Part II updated Saturday 13th May at 5h52 A.M. GMT.

Chapter III - Amandine.
Part I updated Sunday 14th May at 6h31 A.M. GMT.
Part II updated Monday 15th May at 3h14 P.M. GMT.

Chapter IV - Mighty Magic.
Part I updated Tuesday 16th May at 7h17 A.M. GMT.
Part II updated Wednesday 17th May at 6h45 A.M. GMT.

Chapter V - Lost. Updated Saturday 20th May at 10h26 A.M. GMT.

Chapter VI - Class. Udated Sunday 21th May at 10h32 A.M. GMT.

Chapter VII - Mommy. Updated Sunday 21th May at 8h31 P.M. GMT.

Chapter VIII - Bubbles, Blossom, Buttercup. Updated 23rd May at 3h46 P.M. GMT.

Chapter IX - Joys of Life. Updated 25th May at 10h00 A.M. GMT.

Side Story - Courage. Updated 25th May at 8h04 P.M. GMT.

Side Story - Lélio. Updated 27th May at 5h47 A.M. GMT.

Chapter X - WarDrums. Updated 31st May at 4h00 P.M. GMT.

Side Story - Sweet Night. Updated 4th June at 2h19 P.M. GMT.

Book II - Wilderness

Chapter XI - Exodus. Updated 8th June at 2h15 P.M. GMT.
Last edited by Aeris on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Art Thread (not to be updated for a while)

Postby Frostmork » Wed May 10, 2006 12:01 pm

So cold...Lucky for you I don´t own the rights of that phrase.
Update, It´s short. Too short to judge jet.
(Rank now: Nothing wrong.)

Postby Aeris » Wed May 10, 2006 12:05 pm

*Deleted*
Last edited by Aeris on Wed May 10, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Wed May 10, 2006 12:12 pm

The plot isnt stabilished yet? i suggest you make at least a whole page about your history so we don't bore whit short scraps of the chapters...
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy

Postby Aeris » Wed May 10, 2006 1:03 pm

Right^^ That's true^^

Added after 48 minutes:

Note: The story is a very long one, there is no "main plot", and might look very weird and very boring at first. Ah, heck. I'm not the reader, after all. Inspired by various games, RolePlay Forums, books, you might find many characters you know. The original setting is from Dracosire, a french Roleplay forum. Oh, and by the way, all rights reserved for the copyright images, if ever there will be any images.

BOOK I - REBIRTH

Chapter I – Imagination

White… Everything was white… Everything? Nah… Staring at the emptiness…
Cold… This world was frozen… World? How true… Just… So cold…

Ah!

Sweating, frightened and obviously lost, the young woman woke up all of a sudden. It took her least than five seconds to calm down. Everything was alright. It was only a bad dream. Only a bad dream. She let go a sigh of relief, and although the fear had totally disappeared, she felt that her limbs were still shaking. What was she terrified about? She couldn't even remember. A gasp of disbelief resounded as she tried to get out of her bed, her legs were not moving at all! Now seriously alarmed, the young woman started to look around her randomly. She did not know this place! Where was she?!

(Hold on, there must be a perfectly logical explanation to this. Everything is fine. Everything is fine. Just… relax.)

She exhaled calmly, trying to steady her breath.

In vain. Ironically, it was worse than she thought. No memory came to her as she tried to recall anything that would justify her presence in such a place. Attempting to stay cool, she searched for any remnants of her past in her mind, anxiety growing dangerously as the seconds flied by. This was definitively bad. For about ten or more minutes, she was disconnected from the world, trying to seek her identity within the depth of her consciousness. Unsuccessfully.

(Well, this is just another nightmare, isn't it? Right, it is only a bad dream. Let's just get back to sleep; everything is going to be alright.)

"Everything is going to be alright". How many times did this sentence echoed in her within her, hoping to achieve its aim, but ultimately ineffective? How could she do as if nothing happened? Even though her own personality had disappeared with the rest of her memories, one thing was sure: she was definitively an anxious one. Nevertheless, she closed her eyes and pulled her cover over her head, almost hiding beneath it to prevent this world to become… too real. And then waited…

Seconds, minutes and even hours… How much time passed before she would dare to open her eyes? Morpheus was surely not going to let her rest. How could she, anyway? A dream within a dream, that's what she thought to stay calm. But how to achieve such a thing when the dream was more of a nightmare? Patience had worn out, she had to know the outcome of her hopes. One eye and then the other, slowly setting the cover aside, the room was discovered once more by the young woman. As the world slowly revealed itself, she had to admit her defeat. The nightmare seemed too real.

Why not lie down again until she woke up in her own bed? For an odd reason, she just could not. In her heart's core, she now knew the ugliness of reality, and felt compelled to discover her new self. Who was she, after all? A girl, that was obvious. A child no more, and yet she did not feel comfortable with the notion of being an adult. And where was she? In some… Hospital, maybe? Yea, it must be a hospital. The walls were covered in white, the room was small, a weird stench of medicines or something worse floated in the air… Well, at least she was still able to recognize a hospital, and even know what it was.

(A hospital… Means employees, which mean that I'm not alone here! They'll explain what happened, I'll recover my memory, my family is going to take me home, and then life will start again!)

Eh! Anyone here?

Before even thinking more rationally, she started yelling to dispel the dreadful dream. If anyone, just anyone, could explain only anything to her about her, then there was no need of worrying. Furthermore, she was retrieving full control of her body. Yep, there was no need to worry.

No need to worry.

//Update when I feel like it^^//

Postby Darkness_calls » Wed May 10, 2006 1:08 pm

Oohhh... That was awesome. A great written chapter :ogle:
I give you props for it. Really well done ^_^

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy

Postby Aeris » Thu May 11, 2006 12:36 am

Chapter II – New World, New Life

Part I

Her call was quickly answered, as footsteps could be heard behind the door. The entrance of the nurse was the first of the numerous surprises the young woman couldn't even start to comprehend. It was a male nurse – well, she couldn't even tell if it really was a man, he looked more like a very old dehydrated tree. Hell, she even wondered how such a person could exist. Even though politeness compelled her to conceal her disbelief, such a view was too astonishing to just ignore it.

Excuse me sir, but what… (Ooops!)

That was a type of mistake you do not want to do.

I mean who! Who are you, sir? Asked promptly the young woman, trying to rectify her error as fast as possible.

Severely blushing as words came out of her mouth, perhaps too quickly, she diverted her gaze from the nurse to the floor. Hoping she had not been too rude, she was now wondering if she really wanted the answer to her question. The old man did not seem to take it badly. In fact, he laughed gently and quietly while getting closer to the bed. Almost bold, his eyes were almost concealed by large white eyebrows, and his face was torn by the ravage of time... With a calm and rasping voice, he answered the question as he sat on a chair facing the bed. He definitively needed the chair anyway.

What am I? *koff* Well, do I look that old? True, true. I've been here since… A long time. But let's rather talk about you. Ah, what a rare sight. A young and beautiful human.

(Waaa? A human? Then what in the name of god is this… uh… whatever.)

Excuse me but… Well… Hum… I just… Hesitating, confused, she just couldn't make proper sentence.

Lost your memory? The old man quickly replied.

Yea…

Don't worry. That's… normal, should I say. You've been contaminated by the Fléau, a disease that causes amnesia and slight physical changes.

(Riiiiiiight... Never heard of that in my life.)

And… err… how long does the amnesia last?

Eternally.

Right… Uh. What?!

The Fléau is said to be a disease sent by the gods as a gift. Thus, no cure has yet been found. Legends say that from one of those who awaken here will accomplish great things. Do not worry, you are not the only one in this town hit by the Fléau.

Wait. Don't I have a family here? I mean, there must be someone that knows me!

… Well… It's more complicated than that, young child.

What do you mean?

As confusion arose from every word to assault the poor girl's mind, the discussion was getting more and more animated. The old man took a paper out of his long blue robe, and his eyes restlessly stared at the woman and the paper in regular intervals of time.

Officially, you have been found unconscious in the forest four days ago. I can tell you right now that none of those who awaken here have ever been recognized by someone. I'm sorry to say that, young child, but you must start a new life.

Wait, this is just ridiculous. First of all, how the hell did I arrive in a forest? How did I get struck by some religious disease sent by whatever god? I mean, this can't be possible. It's only a bad joke, isn't it.

Yes, it just didn't make sense. Logic just couldn't accept such a story, it was not possible. What kind of fairytale was that? Did she look that naïve? Feeling fooled with, the young woman sat on the edge of the bed, now fully looking at the old man. And… noticed something even stranger. His ears. She instinctively raised a hand to touch her right ear: Everything was alright. Then how come his ears were… pointy? Sharp? Long and tall? Having noticed the movement, the old nurse added.

Ah… Ears. I guess you never saw an elf before. Ah, forgive my stupidity, I've already forgotten that you're amnesic.

Elf? That was even less logic. Not that she remembered anything of where she lived before, but… The thought of having an elf in front of her made her uncomfortable. Although things like "hospital" came quickly to her, "elf" was something she would have never thought of.

Wait… You mean… When you said human… That means there are other races than humans? I mean, not like dogs or cats, you know. But…

The certitude of being fooled had been harshly weakened by the revelation. She still secretly wished a big "Surprise!" or anything like that, but… Another part of her just wanted to believe the story presented to her. Everything seemed too out of place to be just a false décor.

Ah… Yes, young child, there are many races… Even though the kingdom of Edena is mostly populated by humans, there are many other races… Elves, like me. Half-elves, of course. Halflings, who look like short humans. Dwarves, who look like taller and massive halflings. I could go on and on for a long time, if you wish.

Nah, that will suffice.

How come she accepted this so quickly? Something really strange was breeding, but not necessarily bad. The young woman surrendered, she was tired to stick with her deceiving hopes. She wanted this to end, and mostly wanted to get out of that little room, where she started to be somewhat claustrophobic.

Right. Hum. Just a question. How…

Well, I forgot to tell you: To adapt to your new life, we offer you two weeks of shelter and meals. Meanwhile, you better start looking for a job and a cheap inn. We would gladly keep you longer, but we don't have much place to spare. Don't worry about the work, there are plenty of employments in this town. Oh, and by the way. Wait for me, I will be back in a few moments.

The old elf stood up and walked away, leaving the young girl alone with her thoughts. That was too much, really too much… She released an annoyed sigh, more because of her incomprehension than anything else, and let herself fall on the bed. Strangely, she did not feel sad about what she might have lost. Everything had been prepared for the likes of her, so why did she need to worry about? Although she didn't think she had already experienced working in her anterior life, it couldn't be that hard, could it? A new life… A new opportunity. Ah, well. Footsteps indicated that the nurse was coming back. But this time, he was holding a dress in his arms. Standing up to face him, the young woman saw how small he was compared to her.

That's what you were dressed in when we found you, said the old man while giving the dress.

Thanks. Hum… Don't you know anything more about me?

Well, if you ask, said the old man while taking out his paper once again.

Young female human, about 20 years old more or less, 1m75, long brown hair, blue eyes, light skin and apparently without any physical problem, he read.

Alriiiiight…. (That wasn't really the answer I expected, but whatever.) Well, hum… Thanks for everything you've done and…

Oh yes, I'm leaving the room so you can change, the old elf quickly answered with a wink.

Uh… No, that's not what I meant!

Too late, the nurse was already gone, letting the young human alone once again. That's right, she couldn't go in the street with that long white robe without anything beneath it! After dressing up properly, she shyly approached the door, as if it was a forbidden area. Stopping for a few seconds in front of it, curiously expecting someone to burst in at any moment, she then slowly opened the door.

A new world awaited her.
Last edited by Aeris on Sat May 13, 2006 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Updated - Chapter

Postby craig911 » Thu May 11, 2006 1:02 am

Holy crap that was LONG!
But awesome.
I'd hug and squeeze you to death if you were here just to thank you for the awesomeness in your fic. ^_^
Everyone in this list...I shall miss with all my heart.
CarrionMan,Erix,Whispersoul,Miss Redhead,APE,narutodesu,SpellRuler,wickedali, PPGD Fan, Kyle,~Gaara's Little Angel~,TheCoosinator,DarkDragon_DEK, The.Time.Lord., Hiryu.

Farewell.

Postby Aeris » Thu May 11, 2006 1:05 am

(X_x) I'm not yet gone... unfortunatly.

Ah well, squeezed to death isn't that painful... At least it seems to be a quick one.

Postby APE » Thu May 11, 2006 2:21 am

that was brilliant, can't wait to hear more...

Postby craig911 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:05 am

If it was longer than the last one..
I'll have to consider turning into a boa constrictor because that will be the hug that shows I lurved the fic. ^_^
CarrionMan,Erix,Whispersoul,Miss Redhead,APE,narutodesu,SpellRuler,wickedali, PPGD Fan, Kyle,~Gaara's Little Angel~,TheCoosinator,DarkDragon_DEK, The.Time.Lord., Hiryu.

Farewell.

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu May 11, 2006 8:12 am

Wow. That is really well written. You scare me :ogle:

Very well done ^_^

Postby BG07 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:22 pm

I like you fic, it's really impressive, I can't wait for the next chapter

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Chapter III)

Postby Aeris » Sat May 13, 2006 12:52 am

Chapter II - New World, New Life

Part II

The door slowly revealed what seemed to be a temple's corridor. Mesmerized by the beauty of the inner garden of this sanctuary, somewhat hidden behinds large pillars of finely shaped stone, the young woman did not hear nor saw the danger coming. She stepped out carefully, and instantly froze as a large bearded cannonball rushed right by her, nearly colliding into the poor girl. It took her some times to register what had just happened, her eyes then trying to discern the path of it; too late, it had already disappeared, leaving behind him loud and hurried footstep.

Pikel! Pikel where are ye ye damn doo-dad! Be yer butt prepared for the wrath of me boots! Pikel ye hear me?!

So loud a voice, so harsh an accent. The young woman had a hard time understanding what had just been said by a yellow-bearded dwarf, now coming in her direction. Never had she witness such a creature before. Between one or two feet smaller than her, he could have easily weighted twice as much as her. Besides, the long and yellow beard that adorned his rough face was more than amusing. The first thought that came to her was some kind of clown, although clowns aren't that short. The dwarf stopped in front of her, gazing an exasperated look on her.

Excuse me brother, young lady. He's excited about visitin' the temple, an' be some kind o' use to the clerics there. Stupid doo-dad, he cursed in his beard.

The young woman did not answer immediately. She was too astonished to do so. Not noticing her lack of reaction, the dwarf continued.

Eh, aren't ye one o' the clerics I'm talkin' about? We might need yer help, ye know?

Cle… Cleric?

Yea, ye know. Healin' an' stuff.

Well… I don't know…

What do ye mean ye don't know? Ye're meaning ye don't know how to use magic an' all?

Mage… Magic? No…

Ah… A pity. We would really need some clerics.

Why so?

Well, haven't ye heard? The damn orcs are runnin' out of their smelly holes. King Obould Many Arrows' leading 'em.

That's a weird name.

Yep, but the dog is strong. An' smart too. That dog's more cunning than all o' his smelly army packed together. Curse his name.

But… What does this have to do with clerics and all?

The dwarf cast a curious look at her.

Well, ye don't suppose us to be givin' them flowers, do ye! Theses dogs ain't nice ones, I can assure ye. We're smacking them hard their smelly skulls, but some o' them still know how to fight. Eh, wouldn't be fun otherwise, said he with a wink.

Dwarven humour? She surely didn't get the joke as she was supposed too, but still managed to smile back at the dwarf. Progressively getting out of the mist of incomprehension, the young woman was now able to fully comprehend the dwarf's words. Although still not understanding his jokes.

Well, I'm off now. Gotta catch me stupid brother, this durned doo-dad. Let his butt taste the furry o' me leather boots!

A respectful bow, and he was marching to find his 'brother'. Mimicking what seemed to be the rule of politeness, she watched him go away, not moving for an inch. The dwarf suddenly turned back to say some more words.

Oh yea! If ye have any friends of yers who use healin' magic, can ye tell them that Mithral Hall needs 'em? There're plenty of smelly orcs, might we be losin' ground if we're losin' to many dwarves. For ye own safety and the safety o' the others, ye tell them, alright?

And then he was really gone.

After the encounter with the dwarves, questions and revelations were more than oppressing to the young girl's mind. First of all, something she had just remembered of: What was her name? Even with an intense scanning within the deepest corners of her deficient memory, nothing came to her. She would need to name herself, then. However, this didn't need to be done immediately. She would take time to choose later. Second, the dwarf talked about magic. Not that she was surprised, far from that, this world was too weird for any rational thinking, but the idea of being able to use magic abilities started to interest her. Who would have never dreamed of gaining supernatural powers? As the young woman was lost in her day-dream of being a mighty and powerful archmage – and, of course, as any powerful wizard, randomly tossing fireballs to enjoy her limitless power – the old nurse came back walking peacefully, looking at the young girl.

Well, the dress fits you well.

Uh, what? Said the young woman who was suddenly hauled from her enjoyable day-dream.

Oh yea! Thank you!

So, any idea of what you might do next?

Hum… Perhaps… Visiting the town? She shyly risked.

Wise decision. You plan on visiting the entire town?

Hum… Yea. Why, is it too big?

Oh no, not at all, I was just wondering. Well, if ever you need anything, just ask for Soye to any members of the staff here. Or you might as well tell them directly your needs, I'm sure they will understand you. Oh, by the way, young child. What name of yours do you carry?

I… Don't know. Was I supposed to remember my name?

Normally, yes. But it doesn't really matter, you can just choose one that you like. Isn't that better, after all?

It sure is... Oh, I was wondering. Is there any way to learn magic here?

Sure there is, young child. You will find the magic school very easily, it's located near the temple. You seem interested in the art of arcanes, am I right?

Well… I'm just curious about it. And… About this school… Is there any special requirements to apply?

No, not for the 'Heroes'. In case you wonder what the 'Heroes' are, just think that you are one of them.

Oh you mean everyone who wakes up here has a status of hero? Asked the young girl, curious to know more.

We name them 'Heroes' because they very easily learn how to use their strength and thus compensate their weakness. That means you should be able to learn magic faster than I could.

That's cool. Hum… Well, thanks again for your help! I'm off!

Happily walking towards what seemed to be the entrance of the temple, the young woman could once again fall into her day-dream, at the same time searching for a name that would suit her well. The old Soye watched her go, and then returned to his duty.
Last edited by Aeris on Sat May 13, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby craig911 » Sat May 13, 2006 4:16 am

That's it...
*Morphs into a boa constrictor and gives Aeris a BIG hug*
I lurve it. ^_^

Farewell.

Postby Frostmork » Sat May 13, 2006 10:54 am

Shit...I think I must put you on the 5 best ff list...

Postby Aeris » Sun May 14, 2006 1:31 am

Chapter III – Amandine

Part I

Crossing the huge wooden doors of the temple, the young woman discovered a large street - without doubt the main road of the city. The sun was still high in the lightly covered sky, it might have been around the middle of the afternoon. The buildings were made out of clay, wood, but most of them had a stone-based structure. The streets too were covered by finely shaped cubic rocks, and appeared to be clean of any rubbish and junk usually found in this type of town. The most catching element of the scene were without the slightest hint of hesitation the lanterns. How long did the young girl stayed in front of one of them, watching the constant flame dancing in the lamp, endlessly burning without fuel. She did not dare to open one of them to verify such a thing, for she did not know how this act would be interpreted by the others. Taverns… Inns… Shops… Temples… By the number of infrastructures, she guessed the average population should be around two or three thousands people.

Tall and thick walls of stone were surrounding the town, a strong defense against troll raids, she was told. Such beasts were monstrously powerful, she learned, and the soldiers even let her witness holes in the heavy defenses of the city. Such holes were dug by bare claws of the mighty beasts, who had the strange power of regenerating themselves, ability which made them even more formidable foes. However, the soldiers reassured her: Not a single troll would harm her. Was it just a pleasant joke, some kind of male pride the young girl couldn't comprehend? Or was it a real pledge given to any citizens of the city? The young woman seriously hoped for the second one. If trolls were as dangerous as they had been described, she indeed didn't want to even see one of them. And soldiers said they were also ugly and stinking. Marvelous. Couldn't ever dream of a better beast. By the end of the day, she had already chosen her future job. Flowers! Just watching them made her feel more… complete, as if flowers were belongings of her forgotten past. Thus, it also made her thoughtful and nostalgic. However, these minor inconveniences would not take her away from this profession. Selling flowers was not too tiring, pretty well paid, and also interesting. The young woman took the chance…

Day had ended, fiery flames were still dancing in their transparent boxes, wedged on the walls. Activity had lessen, the barters and the babblings had slowly ceased to let silence fall down on the town. Now, taverns were full of songs and heavy chatters, wine, beer, any kind of alcohol were flowing quickly into the mugs, which never stayed filled long. Mostly frequented by men, taverns were nevertheless serving womankind as well. Some female guards were happily gossiping with the others, most of the people treating them as well as men. This made the young girl sigh in relief: At least, she would not have to take great care about sexism and machismo. Or she hoped. Reluctant to go in, she finally chose the option of continuing her visit during the night. The street were well lighted, and she needed some quietude. Suddenly, a melodic and yet cold male voice made her stop as if she had hit a wall.

Walking in the streets by night is not safe. You should know that, don't you?

The young girl tried to discern the source of the voice, in vain. Turning around, and slowly retreating to have her back against a wall – that reassured her for some odd reasons – she did not answer.

Boo.

She let go a instinctive frightened shriek as a black form suddenly fell from nowhere in front of her, landing with the agility of a cat, the quiet "boo" seeming to be directly murmured at her right ear. As a defensive reflex, she jumped left, falling backward on the ground.

You are an anxious one, aren't you?

The voice suddenly seemed more lively and quiet joyous now. The aggressor stood up, revealing the face of a young adolescent, who surely held no more than sixteen years. About ten centimeters smaller than her, his gracious and slender body made him look as a young noble prince. He was wearing an extremely finely designed white shirt, with laces at the extremity, the young girl even wondered how much such a dress might cost. He also had a pretty angelic face, green eyes reflecting more cunning than people could believe. Stepping towards the young woman to help her getting up, he smartly remarked.

You've just woken up, haven't you? My name's Lélio. I'm also a so-called "Hero", said he with a sarcastic tone.

Hum… Well… Hello…

Please leave aside the civilities. You should go and take some rest instead of risking your life here. Streets by night aren't that sure, you know?

Hum… Alright…

You're not a big talker, are you? Oh well, I'm off. See you.

In the blink of an eye, the young adolescent had already climbed the wall. Such agility made the girl gasp in disbelief, wondering if whether or not magic had been used to do such an act. Then, shaking her head, she quickly strode back to the temple as the young adolescent had advised her.

//Can you sense what's coming next, dear readers?^^//

Postby Frostmork » Sun May 14, 2006 4:55 am

She´s following his advice blindly?

Still a very cool story.She reminds of my char on Elder scrolls IV.Exept HE is a NORD...
(A viking who love to gather flowers,mushrooms etc...)

Postby Aeris » Sun May 14, 2006 5:03 am

He must be a very friendly viking then :D

And yea, she follows his advice blindly... Up to now, she is kinda lost and would do almost anything she's told... Too naïve? Yep.

2nd thing, she is a bit shaken after this encounter, so the "going back to sleep" option seems the best course :D

Postby BG07 » Sun May 14, 2006 8:50 am

Amazing, I really like your writing style, two thumbs up ^_^

Postby Darkness_calls » Sun May 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Much too good. Really nice. I love fantasies, this fic lightens my heart (the good one at least).

Well descriped, well written, not to long and still not to short. I love it ^_^

Re: Across the Dreams and through Fantasy (Update - Chapter

Postby Aeris » Mon May 15, 2006 10:14 am

//Ok this is rather a short update, but I have to finish the chapter :D//

Chapter III – Amandine

Part II

The night slipped quietly as the entire town gradually fell asleep. Back in her small room, the young woman took no time to slumber away in some distant dreamland. Dreams or nightmares? It seems that this night was a gentle one, leaving her imagining the lands beyond this city. How huge was the world? Will she ever get to visit every part of it? The thought of staying in a house, tending children and performing basic chores made her feel dizzy, although she would reject the idea of having some children. Waking up in the middle of this consideration, she remarked that a deep blush appeared on her cheeks. How could she entertain such thoughts? She was way too young. Or at least, that's what she thought. The sun was already up since some hours she guessed while getting out of her room.

*Yaaaaawww* (Well, where to go now?)

Despite the good rest she just had, she still felt sleepy. However, the young woman was not ready to waste some time sleeping while she knew nothing of this world!

(Ohhhh! I know! The magic school!)

Such a thought made her accelerate her pace, but as she opened the great doors of the temple, it immediately got out of her mind. The main street was filled up with people, all surrounding a tall bearded man. What was that? A show? As the young girl made her way into the crowd, she could now clearly hear the words.

Attention all! We have been informed recently that a new orc horde has been founded by a warlord named Obould Many-Arrows! The mighty dwarves of Mithral Hall are actually fighting for their lives and for the safety of the Realm! Should we leave them alone?!

No! The crowd heavily answered, mainly man voices.

That's right! We're going to bash some orc heads with them! If you want to join us, come at the north entrance of the town! Any help will be appreciated!

Yea! Cheered the crowd.

As the tall man made his way out of the circle, most of the crowd followed him. Others, mostly women or kids, made their way back to their respective house. At the end, the main street was emptied from any living being, except the young woman who stayed still, speculating. How might the world be out there? Should she…?

(No, that's a foolish idea.)

She quickly dismissed the thought, and headed once again for the magic school.

//Next chapter almost done^^//

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon May 15, 2006 10:16 am

She is going to be a fighting hero that I am sure of lol

Great, really great Aeris ^_^

Postby Aeris » Mon May 15, 2006 10:20 am

Just a small question for you all:
Do you have any idea what name she has?^^
And Darkness... Your claim reveals truth... But not all the truth :D

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon May 15, 2006 10:23 am

Aeris wrote:Just a small question for you all:
Do you have any idea what name she has?^^

Aeris :P

Next

Return to Literature