Kane369: Halo: Angelic Past: Fanfic rated PG-13. pg.3-4 Ch.7

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Kane369 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:18 pm

I was this close to give away the ending due to that comment. :P
Anyways, thancks for the comment.
Thank you to CrazyPig for the awesome avatar and signature!
Halo: Angelic Past (Chapter Eight up) or FF1: Dark Delieveries (Abandoned)

Postby Kane369 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:09 pm

Oh mah f'ing gawd an UPDATE!

Chapter Six: Battle for Angel
After an hour of running around warning everybody about the attack, everyone was awake and alert. Throughout the entire base, battles were taking place. But I was alone, with Miranda.
We still had our pistols, but new battle rifles (I didn't know what they were called, but I didn't ask anyway).
As we were walking down a hallway, armed and prepared, and I shot from behind. Damned bastard got my shoulder. In shock, we both turned, my left arm clutching the right shoulder where I was hit. Great, another old friend, it was Nethaniel. He lowered the gun and chuckled,
"So, Angel, turns out you didn't get any other men?" he asked with a smirk on his face. I sneered at him and he chuckled again, "You know, love can do things to a man such as yourself." he said and I almost fell over. What the hell did he mean? Was he suggesting that I was in love with Miranda? I turned to her, and she stared at me. She quickly turned back to Nethaniel, immediantly knowing the truth, but not believing it. Nethaniel raised what looked like a plasma shotgun. I cursed and tried to raise my right arm, I screamed in pain and immediantly lowered it, cursing again. Nethaniel laughed,
"Now you're nothing more but a wounded animal, completely defenseless." he said as he walked over to us. Miranda got out her battle rifle,
"Don't come any closer, covenant fiend." she said. Nethaniel looked like he was going to fall on the floor laughing, but he didn't, he shook his head,
"No need for racism, girl. Now step aside, while I kill your dear one." he said and walked closer, placing the gun at my head,
"Come with me, or die infront of her." he demanded in a calm tone,
"Not today!" a voice shouted from another hallway, and Johnson came, thrusting another battle rifle to Nethaniel's head, and without hesitation, pulled the trigger.

---

I soon woke up in a medical room with several stiches in the front and back of my shoulder. obviously it had went right through. I turned my head to see Miranda, Johnson, and someone wearing green armor with a yellow visor, I raised my eyebrow at him, he chuckled a bit. Miranda jumped up and hugged me, avoiding my shoulder injury as best as possible, I hugged back with my good arm, smiling a bit. I looked to Johnson,
"What happened?" I asked with a tired voice. Johnson chuckled,
"You passed out due to blood loss at the shoulder injury. Must hurt like a b, huh?" he said and stood up. I realized he was wearing a black tanktop and dark blue jeans, and not wearing a hat. Must be off duty. Miranda let go of me and nodded,
"It did look like it was agony for you. You owe him one, y'know." Miranda told me and smiled, then, the unexpected happened,
Miranda had kissed me, I mean right on the lips.

Bad ending to a chapter, eh? And I promise it will not end up sort of like a sissy romance story.

Postby dark psyghost » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Good update Kane
Image Image Image

Postby Darkness_calls » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:42 pm

Its taking some time, But I am slowly reading your fic ^_^

Postby Kane369 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Because I am updating...
very slowly.
Anyways, I must resist giving spoiler! *twitch*

Postby Kane369 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Chapter Seven: Preparations
I woke up beside Miranda and smiled. I got up and got in something. As I was leaving my bedroom I turned to see Miranda again. Now she had woken up. She turned to me and smiled,
"I see you're an early bird." she said while she was putting on some underwear,
"Yeah." I said, "How'd you sleep?" and she stopped dead. She turned to me,
"I had the strangest dream last night." she said. I raised my eyebrow. She then proceeded to tell me about it. She and I were walking around a dark hallway, armed and cautious. And then, suddenly, I was shot, right through the heart. That was where the dream ended. I placed my hand on hers and smiled,
"I'm not going to die on you like that, Miranda." I said reassuringly, "I promise." then the door opened, showing Johnson and the green man, who was called the, 'Master Chief'. Johnson chuckled,
"Better hurry up with it then, because the briefing is gonna start in a half an hour." he said, then left, the Cheif following. Miranda and I turned to eachother and jumped up. We literally ran after Johnson and the Chief.

After the briefing, as I was walking towards the armoury to prepare myself, the Master Chief stopped me,
"Listen, kid." he started, "Miranda told me about that dream of hers."
"And?" I asked,
"Well, she has asked me to protect you while we're commencing the attack on their home base.” he explained. I sighed and shook my head,
“Alright.” I said, “It’s not I need help anyways.” and I left for the armoury.

Now it was time to depart for the Covenant’s home base. Miranda wasn’t allowed to come with, I soon had learned, so that’s why she had the Chief cover me for this one. We had gotten on the loading dock and I turned to the Chief, who looked back. Obviously he had gone on these kinds of missions before, due to his stature. I couldn’t really look at the expression on his face. Damned visor. I stepped onto the drop-ship right after the Chief. I looked out onto the good-bye crowd as the door closed, and the airlock opened, to take us out, towards the Covenant’s home,
The High Citadel.

EARLY CHAPTER UPDATE!!!1
Anyways, this is the second draft of this chapter, the first one sucked hardcore. Too many seperate scenes. So, here you go.

Postby dark psyghost » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:00 pm

Good update Kaine.
Image Image Image

Re: Kane369: Halo: Angelic Past: Fanfic rated PG-13. pg.3-4

Postby Leon FlameBurst » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:22 pm

Awesome chapter, Kane369!
Sorry that I don't visit your fic often...

Postby Kane369 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:46 pm

It's alright, Leon. :)
Just try not to make me spoil the ending.
Anyways, I hope you know what will be coming up in the next two or mor chapters. :)

Postby Kane369 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:07 am

Guys, I am SO sorry for the lack of updates. I will have this fanfic done by the end of the week. COUNT on it. Still, I am SO sorry! T-T

Chapter Eight: The Comeback Begins
After two intensely boring days travelling through space, we finally arrived at the High Citadel. Now I wasn't sure what fate brought in this attack, but it was going to be a shocker. Johnson set us out and lead the attack. I have to say, damn was the Covenant surprised, especially with me amongst them. In only a matter of seconds, a majority of what I saw as corpses of the Covenant, and a whole crap load of gore. None of us were dead yet, thanks to the element of surprise. We were seperated into two groups of thirty each (yes, there was sixty of us.) and conviently, the Chief and I were on the same team, and Johnson made sure of that.

An hour later it was clear that they were informed of the attack, because we were running into these guys every ten metres (approximately). After we finally got a chance to rest, the Chief turned to me,
"I see they trained you." he said and chuckled, "Thank god Miranda caught your eye." I didn't say anything. I don't know what it was, but now suddenly I hated the Covenant, probably because I couldn't get that memory out of my head. You did read the prologue right?
Anyway, I stood up once I got the adreneline down to a reasonable level,
"Breaks over. Let's get moving." I said and began walking, rifle at the ready, and smiling. It was time for our little comeback from their attack. Then, we walked into a group of ten, armed and ready. Instinctively we shot the crap out of them, lost two soldiers, one to the head and one to the heart. Lucky shots. I grabbed a brute plasma rifle and examined it,
"This should come in handy." I said to myself and pocketed it, just in case. The Chief looked at me then at the gun, I noticed and turned to him,
"It's like the ones the Elite's use, but it's more advanced." I said. The Chief looked at me for a moment, then remembered that I had lived with the Covenent for eighteen years. I almost laughed at him for it, but hesitated, knowing that he would beat me to a bloody pulp. We continued on throughout the High Citadel, killing any sort of the Covenant we saw, (except for me, of course).

Previous

Return to Literature