Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Postby Giant » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello, my name is Giant

I made the following pictures in honor of the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi comics. I primarily decided to do so because I wanted to learn how to draw the PPGs, but I lacked on inspiration, so I took Bleedman's work as a template. I then planned to send him my fanart, but I shortly afterwards decided not to do so, because I assumed that Bleedman is too much of a busy person to pay attention to my petty art (I am not much of an artist). So then I thought: "Why not just post it on the forum next door?" and so here I am.

The rules I set for myself are as followed:
I take a panel of my choice from the comic and redraw it in the original ppg art. Every character must be displayed as a ppg even if he/she doesn't belong to the trio or is named Bell. Exceptions are: grown-ups and monsters. Also, it must be drawn using microsoft's paint programm. Speech bubbles will not be adopted.

This is what I have so far: (Feel free to name the original page being used as a template)

Yeah, the first one is awfully big. It was my first attempt and I alwasy tended to make the ppg's bodys too long. I might improve any picture I made thus far.

Re: Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Postby Cerulean » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello there!
Welcome to Snafu, Giant. Make sure you check out both the rules and the art forum rules. I hope that you're able to enjoy your stay here with us c:
And be sure to check out the other sections of the forum while you're here.

Also
Giant wrote:(I am not much of an artist)

fixed this for you :3
Keep in mind, that all artists have to start somewhere. And you starting with PPG style or (page recreation) doesn't make you any less of one. Another thing, I don't think your art is petty. I think that it's pretty good.
And you drew these in Microsoft Paint? Wow!
It's true that there are a few rough spots, but overall, good work!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Giant » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:04 pm

But honestly, though

I don't consider myself as an artist. I have a rough minimal requirements for these kind of labels in order to preserve the image of these working fields. Just as I don't call myself a musician for playing three minor songs on the keyboard, I don't call myself an artist for my doodles. That also lowers the expectaitions of other peoples as a positive side-effect. Still feeling ya love though <3<3<3

More pictures will be up during the next week, so stay tuned.

Postby Jesturr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:50 am

If you draw for enjoyment then you should consider yourself an artist :o
It's hard to imagine anyone who is successful in drawing to have been successful their entire life - everyone started out with "petty doodles" (not that yours are very petty to begin with, that 3rd one is cute :D )

Anyway! Welcome welcome to the art forums! Relentlessly stalking and commenting other people's threads is a great way to get yourself noticed and ask for advice and improvement, if that's what you're after! (Except me, I'm a free stalker >w>) As you are a digital artist, please feel free to hop on our recently revived and very ancient paintchat! I don't think Bleed checks here (or anywhere on the forums) often, so you should send him your fanart anyway! I think he'd love it.
Bagel Eater

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 am

Hello Giant. Welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around and enjoy your stay. c:
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Return to Art