Post your ART.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Post your ART.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 pm

BanditFalcon wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All done with hard work! :mrgreen:

it is painfully obvious, expesualy sense the sprites are all in different styles and hes never brang his imaginary sprite talents up before.

You phale u Phale hard exept with alpha who u seemed to have tricked.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:Clearly the first is a sprite from an actual game (one of those Shonen Jump All-Stars Games? I dunno...).

The second is a regularly proportioned original work based off the game-sprite.

id take the "porportion" statment out if i where you even thats not right.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby BanditFalcon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Rockwell wrote:
BanditFalcon wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

it is painfully obvious, expesualy sense the sprites are all in different styles and hes never brang his imaginary sprite talents up before.

You phale u Phale hard exept with alpha who u seemed to have tricked.

Yes Rockwell your right about the different art styles. And Yes also, I was showing you what a Jump Ultimate Stars Gintoki Would look like If he was mushroom'd. And Gintoki's awesome, that's why I did that Gin one. JUST DO IT!

ALPHA-FUMMOFFU wrote:You made those man? Dude, make a snafu game.

No way, I don't know how to make my original sprite.

Well...that Gintoki one was an original sprite. Maybe I do know how to make my original sprite, but If I were you, I'd make drawn sprites. You can do that. KOFXII proves it. It's like making stickman sticky note frames. Except better. Meaning that Dave can make his own sprites with the current art style he has as well as Bleedman and other artists. So making a Snafu game is possible, it's just that we'd be using the mugen engine, and the colors are freakin limited; 256 colors max.

So If I were you, I'd make a snafu game with MUGEN Normal speed.

Now, let me answer to your post in a serious tone: NO. I'd be editing sprites, and Leon's an edit of Kyo. He's my WIP in fact! So, If I edited a character sprite, it'd be ugly. Editing Konata to make it look like a PPGD characyter is an example. Oh, and there IS a Konata for MUGEN. Some should know. The Konata character is a WIP and it sucks right now.

Rockwell wrote:
ALPHA-FUMMOFFU wrote:You made those man? Dude, make a snafu game.

hahahahh its realy not hard to see through art thieft, true artists arent fooled.

Woah slow down there Rocky. I didn't steal them, I edited them. And I didn't say "IT IS MINE" did I? This is why I never make a Snafu Game using the MUGEN engine and never release it to the public.

CVS Orochi, Mizuchi and 97 version:

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:41 pm

you popsted "hard work" in a thread named "post your work" without saying its not your work, which would be off of the topic in he firts place? sounds like your trying to cover your butt, nontheless, I dont want to turn this into a
large argument. try to watch it next time.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby BanditFalcon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:10 am

Rockwell wrote:

you popsted "hard work" in a thread named "post your work" without saying its not your work, which would be off of the topic in he firts place? sounds like your trying to cover your butt, nontheless, I dont want to turn this into a
large argument. try to watch it next time.

Wow, nice find you found in my post. At least I didn't say it was mine, but I will try to keep it in mind.

Anways, I looked at marancv's Snk To CvS Sprite Tutorial, and this is what I made. Here is Snk's Sprite CvS style, Shen Woo:

The Original:

The CvS Version:

Notice that there is a size difference when I edited the original sprite. The reason why it is a different size is because CvS Sprites are bigger than Snk Sprites. Snk Sprites are of course, small. And CvS Sprites have a "drawn style" look that has some colors the original Snk Sprite never had. If you don't know the difference, copy the images, put them ontop of each other. you will notice the size difference, and some new colors were used for a few parts. I tweaked a few things on Shen Woo such as his grinning smile since grinning CvS characters have only 1 white pixel for their smile. CvS Kyo is an example.

Here is the Snk to CvS guide by marancv, it's in Adobe Format:
http://www.freewebs.com/marancv/CvS%20S ... e%20v2.pdf

Shen Woo is a property of Snk Playmore, not my character.

NOTE: I'm sure you now notice that I used this technique with Orochi now.

Postby Shoi » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:00 pm

"Bandit, make sure you clarify next time you edited them before hand. Next time you'll get your thread deleted and get banned for Art theft" --Erix
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Shoi wrote:"Bandit, make sure you clarify next time you edited them before hand. Next time you'll get your thread deleted and get banned for Art theft" --Erix

I made a thread?

It's really hard for me to explain who who's. If you guys said that "It's not yours" that's okay. Don't take this as an excuse or assume this as an excuse. Consider this as an apology for those who misunderstood what I said.

To be specific, this is what I could've said:

These sprites here are NOT mine and they are property of Capcom, SNK, and other companies that may include Jump and others. I did not make these sprite in anyway, however, I edited them. These sprites did not come from the site of the companies; THEY WERE RIPPED FROM THE GAMES. People ripped these sprites out of the game, and sprite editors such as I edited them without the consent of the authors. I would also like to say that these were edited without the permission of the companies, along with other material sprite editors have edited themselves. We the sprite editors do not own these sprites in any way regardless of copyright for those sprite editors from dA. We are aware of the owners of the material we have edited. I would also point out that situations like this has happened between Capcom, and tmyapp, the creator who made Street fighter Online. Although not an important thing, tmyapp struck a deal with Capcom as well as Marvel. We are victims of Art theft. Any sprites that were not in the actual games are proof, such as sprites made by deceased Reubenkee En Rui. Those sprites were of SFA Ryu and Ken. This is not important detail. In a nutshell: we have edited the sprites, we don't own the actual ones, the companies do, and we are also victims. Also, please do not make any assumptions that the Sprite editors made the sprites. Otherwise, there will be some confusion.

I will promise next time that anything I edit, I will tell you the original thing. Today, sprite editors do not need the permission of the creators of the sprites to edit them. The sprites were all legally ripped using an emulator. And when I say legally ripped, I mean that the sprite rippers had the actual game to emulate and rip.

Once again, I am sorry for not being very specific. I will try to have more detail when posting here in the Art section.

Thank you for your time reading this. My apologies.

Postby Zelosse » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:24 am

I have two, admittably I feel like im cheating since I used a previous picture as the base, then simply redid it the way I wanted it.
[img]
http://krimson123.deviantart.com/art/My-sketch-68404467[/img]

Postby Noble Atomic » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:05 am

I did this back in October. I must discredit the sprites that are used. Dan123 and his sister made them.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm

HOW WILL THIS EPIC BATTLE UNFOLD!!! =O
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Noble Atomic » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:37 pm

BrokenLine wrote:HOW WILL THIS EPIC BATTLE UNFOLD!!! =O

I'd never thought of what would happen next OR how it got to this. It was done out of utter randomness. lol

Postby Spy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:43 am

I made a skull.

It has an afro.

This afro belongs to a clown.

This is a skull clown, savor him.

Tools: Ze Paper, ze pastels, ze charcoal pencilz
"When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name.
"

Postby BanditFalcon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 am

Fz-Archmage wrote:I have two, admittably I feel like im cheating since I used a previous picture as the base, then simply redid it the way I wanted it.
[img]
http://krimson123.deviantart.com/art/My-sketch-68404467[/img]

In Manga, some artists do something like that. That's what reference means when you draw manga. Artists can get a mirror and try to make a pose the can draw into their manga. Or, they can hire proffesional posers and make a drawing out of it. That's what I did with edited sprites. Frankenspriting is an example of referencing except that it can be an edit of other sprites. It is encouraged that you don't consider it yours when franken spriting other sprites. Original sprites that look like a certain familiar pose such as Bubbles sprites created by the certain person making it look like Chun Li's winning pose is an example of reference. This rule really works in pixel art as well, except that the material can actually be used for the work or a parody. Edited sprites are not considered fully yours, saying once again.

I do have a manga guide that has more on reference.

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:03 pm

This is the latest thing I have on my deviantart account:

(I know, it's huge, but I don't know how to make it smaller...)
Daffy Duck to Elmer Fudd: "Shoot me again, I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gunpowder, and carnight. I'm an elk, shoot me! Go on, it's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab. Why don't you shoot me?! It's fiddlercrab season!" ~from "Duck, Rabbit, DucK"

Postby BanditFalcon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:06 pm

*Carlton dance while Dodgers sings that song*

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:48 pm

BanditFalcon wrote:*Carlton dance while Dodgers sings that song*

You got to love Tom Jones in that episode. It was amazing.
Daffy Duck to Elmer Fudd: "Shoot me again, I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gunpowder, and carnight. I'm an elk, shoot me! Go on, it's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab. Why don't you shoot me?! It's fiddlercrab season!" ~from "Duck, Rabbit, DucK"

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 am

New pic: For my 100 Pic Challenge. #1-Introduction
http://fc96.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... narked.jpg
Me: "Now listen closely, lil' platypus. The once was a crazy lady that had the moronic idea of doing a challenge..."

Postby HanyoAlchemist780 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 am

Image Image Image

Postby HanyoAlchemist780 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:13 am

EDIT: -blank-
Image Image Image

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:17 pm

HanyoAlchemist780 wrote:http://hanyoalchemist780.deviantart.com/

;)

Nice stuff. I think I may leave some comments on a few...

Postby G-O » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:32 pm

HanyoAlchemist780 wrote:http://hanyoalchemist780.deviantart.com/

;)

I really like the elegance of the photographs

Postby Intactus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

guess who's a narutard!
I'M A NARUTARD.
Tell me are you free/Tell me are you free/In word or thought or deed/Tell me are you free/While the gallows stand/And bullets lance the bravest lungs/Will I fold my hands or hold my tongue/Or let the flames lick at my feet/Or breathe in fire and know I'm free/Flames will rise and devour me/Oh, to breathe in fire and know I'm free/
Thrice: Firebreather.

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 am

Heh. Looking good.

Postby DrakkenWasHere » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:35 pm

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... narked.jpg

Another of the 100 Pic Challenge. This one is 19. Gray. Yay for Camp Lazlo!

Postby Teran » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:09 pm

I don't like Camp Lazlo. Though, nice picture.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Art