Inking, Digital and Otherwise

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Inking, Digital and Otherwise

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:45 am

Okay, I'm gonna ask what you guys use to ink. If you use computers to ink inform me of the software. If you ink traditionally say so.

Reason is that I'm currently inking with Flash which does the job well enough, it leaves thin, spidery lines that look ugly. I can delete these and it gives a nice no lines effect but I want something nice to ink with.

So please, share your opinions but keep the big art words dumbed down enough for someone who scribbles out of boredom.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:32 pm

I hate inking but when I do, I ink traditionally. I trace the ink onto a different piece of paper rather than right on top of the drawing, mostly because I hate inking and I don't want to ruin the original with my ink job. I usually use some fine felt tip, but I want to try out some ball points for finer detail. After that, I scan in Photoshop, take to Streamline, convert, take into Flash, ungroup, ungroup, smooth, smooth, undo, back to Photoshop.

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:02 pm

Photoshop, Tho Open Canvas is reeeaaally nice for inking as well.

Postby Carmz~ » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:41 pm

if u use photoshop to ink, u can undo ur mastakes but if u use traditional inking ways, u might mess up some kind of 6 month project. so chose wisly. i do calgraphy and i always get mad if i mess up though ^_^
[url]http://www.animeboredom.co.uk/Uploads/Areview/871085046401.jpg[url]

Return to Art