Stooies Art & Current Host of Freaky Nick

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stooie's artwork

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Awesome work Stooie. You should show it to my brother at some point, he is a big fan of vikings.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

That things AWESOME. 8D

XD I used to be good with colored pencils. But then I started spending good money on batches that would break when I sharpened them. ;_;

I didn't notice that comic before. It's.... so..... cute..... XD Haaaaaaah~
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby stooie74 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks guys ^^
Have more messy pencil sketches! I hope you can guess who these characters are.
Heres my DA page if you want to check it out > http://xstooiex.deviantart.com/

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Fabulous, great that you've posted another piece of your artwork and you're getting better a clothes detail.

An obsessed freak

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:43 am

Aw! It's Lady and Tramp. That little kiss is just adorable!
dA
o -o

Postby stooie74 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:23 am

Oh look! More crappy sketches
Been watching a lot of Steven Universe and I love it so much! Here is some of the Crystal gems ^^
Damn its been so long since I worked with watercolors last. I decided to add a little Photoshop for background, still experimenting and such. If you can't tell his is suppose to be Celestia and Discord......I don't don't know if I'm satisfied with or not.
A grumpy werewolf.....dat is all.

Postby stooie74 » Thu May 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Forgot to say thanks for the comments guys ^^

Ok, I've been meaning to post this for a while but now I have enough time to put all this up.
My friends and I all have our own super hero characters inspired by roleplay. We decided to make stories based on missions they do and make other stories for them individually. We thought it would be fun to introduce them here.
Together they call them selves The Golden Eagles. But to the media and the public they are known as the Disaster Eagles. This is because they are not quite the best super hero team in the world. They get the job done and save the day but not without causing a lot of damage and screw ups. But the one thing that ruins there image the most is the notorious villain Thy Obsessive Freak. You read right, Thy Obsessive Freak! He sets up 'plays' and 'acts' for the Eagle team and always makes it look like they are the ones to blame.
The teams main mission is bring down the crazy clown.

Now to introduce one of the characters :D
The leader of the team, Sir Anvil.
Real name is Malcolm Campbell. Approximately 800 years old, physically about 30-40 years old. 6 feet tall. Very intellectual, and determined man. He has his strong morals and is usually very calm.

Back story time!
Originally from middle aged Scotland, in a small town, working as a highly skilled blacksmith. He had a happy content life with his wife, Catherine.The town he lived in was known for its high-quality metalwork, which it frequently delivered to neighboring towns and villages. When he was coming home from one delivery he discovered his town burned completely to the ground. From one of the few survivors that were left he found out it was caused by a fire wielding witch and her huge band of criminal followers. Rushing to his house he discovered his house in ashes and his beloved wife no where to be found. Consumed with rage, Malcolm found the remains of his home, and found the hidden entrance to his basement. There he made his first set of full plate armor, took his hammer and set off to avenge his town and wife.

For months Malcolm tracked the witches followers down, taking them out slowly. Months went by and the witch noticed the numbers of her followers decreasing. Growing paranoid she destroyed the last of them. Malcolm finally met the witch face to face, at her hideout where she kept all assortments of elixirs and spells. Malcolm had told her that he was responsible for the deaths of her followers. Consumed with rage, the witch tried to channel huge volumes of magic, attempting to incinerate the blacksmith and everything around him. She couldn't concentrate, and was overwhelmed by magic, tearing a hole in the fabric of space where she once stood. Anvil was flung into the portal along with most of the witches positions. Now helplessly trapped in a empty void, he couldn't escape. Growing desperate he drank one the magical elixirs labeled 'Elixir of life' hoping it would help him. Drinking it he gained immortality. Using the other magical positions around him Malcolm was able to tear a hole through the void and escape.

Malcolm was now immortal and inspired by his experience. As centuries went on he developed power armor that greatly enhanced his strength and swore to protect the innocent. He gained a great knowledge of science and technology. He soon took on the role of 'Sir Anvil' becoming a hero. At the present moment in time his is working on technology that will allow him to hop between different dimensions. He is more then determined to bring back his wife.

*PHEW* Well I hoped you enjoyed that, more heroes will be coming soon! :mrgreen:
Last edited by stooie74 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Eek! That thing is awesome Stoo. 8D

Alright, well Stooie's given us permission to post the first pages of

FREAKY NICK

In her wonderful thread, since she's currently doing the lineart for it.

I'm posting since I'm doing both storyboards & coloring, so it touches my hands last.

With story and characters by Thy Obsessive Freak, Nickelodeon, and additional help from Sigment and Snow Diggity

I give to you, the beginning, of, FREAKY NICK!

(Large flashing GIF title image to be made soon, hopefully.)

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Looks like things are coming together nicely. Glad I could contribute to this.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Awesome in so many ways.

One we've got Stooie introducing my club's roleplay characters where we play mutants and masterminds which everyone has came up with really interesting and inventive characters (Though it's really wacky and nonsensical rpg) that I hope people here also get to like.

Then we've got the collaboration I've always wanted. I am so happy. I'm still hoping Snow Diggity jumps back onto the team, but Grimlylovegunner and Stooie has done a real good job of filling in for his role while he's away. Like look at those daemonic characters! Awesome!

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:45 am

Freak is pleased, This pleases me.

Got two more pages to toss at ya foolz. Have funz.

Wazzat? has Tootie been watching Frozen? d'oh! Juz let it go, gurl.

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:01 pm

It is pretty cool that you all managed to come together to create something like this. I look forward to seeing how it plays out. The only criticism I can think of is that there is too much use screen textures. The look very overwhelming and take away from the lineart, but with something like a joint project between so many people, it can only improve with time.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I just do the proof reading. :(

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:58 pm

.......I know. You told be that already. Why did you assume I was talking to you specifically?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby stooie74 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Great to see the comic up :mrgreen:

Well heres another hero character.
The Brick.
Real name is Erin Simpson. 27 years old, 5ft 2. Extremely intelligent woman in the fields of biotechnology, microbiology, engineering and so on and so forth. She is basically the genius of the team. There are times when she can be cold and calculating but overall she is quite a very easy going and understanding woman.
Apart from being a brain she also has earth elemental powers. She can control and absorb earth. Her favorite abilities are creating sandstorms and throwing bricks XD (Hence her name) Her fellow team mates like to call her the 'Rock' of the team.

Back story time!
Before Erin gained her powers she was just starting medical school. There she met Dr Alexander Cyclone. He offered her a part time job at his company, he explains that he is trying to increase human life span and maybe even achieve immortality through genetic engineering and by mutating DNA. Erin agrees, pretty soon she drops out of medical school and gets a full time job at the company. As months go by Erin concentrates on the properties of stone, rock and similar minerals. She conducts a series of experiments on herself, trying gain some of it stronger aspects. For example, toughness, resistance to fire, etc. Only then does she start to gain her powers. When she realizes what she has done to herself and what she can do, she heads straight to Dr Cyclone. Meeting him, she claims that she has made a break through and demands a raise for her hard work. Cyclone is pleased but refuses to give her a raise, instead he offers her a holiday. Erin, being such a work-alcoholic does not like that idea, she is determined to continue with her work. She states that she will not share her research until she gets a raise.

Cyclone then becomes suspicious of Erin. He assumes that she won't share her research because she wants the secret of immorality to herself. He steals her research then immediately fires her. They develop a bitter rivalry after that. Erin goes back to school and also keeps trying to get back the research that is rightfully hers. Its not long before Cyclone experiments on himself and gains similar powers, excepts he gains the ability to control air. Cyclone becomes greedy and power hungry and starts to use his powers for his own selfish desires. When Erin discovers that Cyclone is using her research for more wicked purposes, the two become fast enemies.

Its by chance that Erin met Sir Anvil while attending school. Both soon become friends, sharing the same insights and morals. Erin soon explains her problem to Anvil and he agrees to help. They both manage to get back Erin's research and destroy it before Cyclone can develop it any further. The rivalry between Erin and Cyclone strengthens and he swears his revenge.

Anvil realizes that he and Erin make a great team. He offers that the two become partners, she agrees and takes on the title of The Brick.
Last edited by stooie74 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:34 pm

ari-6 wrote:.......I know. You told be that already. Why did you assume I was talking to you specifically?

I didn't. It just feels like I'm not much of a contributor to all this.

@Stooie
Great art, man. You've got such a unique face style for your characters. I love it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Sigment wrote:I just do the proof reading. :(

Proof reading's important, means I don't have to do it and I'm certain if you want, GrimlyLoveGunner can give you a bigger job as I basically gave her all the power to who contributes to what. Besides just the fact you're on the team makes the team bigger and I like having a huge team that I am responsible for. But yeah, the fact you're doing Proof reading saves me having to do it... Proof reading's boring.

Anyways, didn't know my sister had such a long and complicated background, it's good she has the same amount of creativity as I do (And I don't mean Stooie, Stooie's not my sister to make things clear, but the person who made up the Brick is)

An obsessed freak

Postby stooie74 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Sigment wrote:@Stooie
Great art, man. You've got such a unique face style for your characters. I love it.

Thank you ^^

Yet another super hero!
Changeling.
Real name is Rebecca Rosetta. 26 years old, 5ft 3. She is a very bubbly, cheerful woman. She can be quite an emotional person as well as happy. She loves to cook, garden and is it always her happiest when cooking for the rest of the team.
She is half alien. Her alien powers include flight, increased strength and can grow up to 40 feet tall.

Back story time!
When only human, Rebecca lived in a small town and worked at the local shop. She was close with her family and friends. One in particular called Marcus, a childhood friend. She had a normal happy life until something landed in her garden late one night. When she investigated, it looked like a giant green seed. She touched it and the next thing she knew she wasn't home anymore. She found herself on what looked like another planet.There she met the great deity of the planet. The deity explains that she brought Rebecca to the planet consciously not physically. The Deity then goes on to explain that a species of alien called changelings lived here but they were all killed off by viscous aliens of a neighboring planet called kartids. Why they wanted to kill off the entire planets species is still unknown but they won't stop until they are all dead. Changelings are born from seeds, the deity sent this one across the galaxy, fearing that the neighboring planet would kill it since it was the last one. Rebecca told the deity that it landed in her back garden, the deity then decided to task her to take of it but the only way she could was if she was a changeling herself. So the deity made her half changeling.

The next thing Rebecca knew she was back home but found that she had turned completely green, had a tail and pointed ears. Already she hated her new appearance and hid herself and the seed away in her house for days, not wanting anyone to see what she had become. Friends and family grew worried but she refused speak to anyone.

Shortly after another seed was sent to earth, it belonging to the Kartid alien species. Only this one landed on Marcus' car one faithful night. What happened to Rebecca happened to Marcus. Except he was tasked to destroy the changeling seed and its caretaker. His appearance vastly changed as well. He turned purple, gained two extra arms and two extra eyes. He too hated his appearance and in a fit of rage destroyed the kartid seed. He didn't want any of this but he had no choice. When he learned what happened to Rebecca he blamed her for what happened to him. Friendship subsequently turned into hatred and he tried to murder her. She was able to escape but was left heart broken from the loss of her old life and a dear friend.

Fleeing her home town and taking the seed with her, she hopped from city to city trying to find a place to belong. She felt at the end of her rope. Until she met Sir Anvil and The Brick.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Anotha' page! WEEEZ!

Coloring criticism goes to me. Yeah, I thought the background texture might look alittle gawdy. But using one-tone color looked flat and boring. I'll try and lighten up the darkness of it at least, that might help.

And to Sigwad- nonsense! Proof-reading means you can fix Freak's many typo's caused by his superhuman writing speed, without me needing to wait three days for an internet connection to check with him of what something's supposed to say!

But proof-read your proof-reading! You mistyped one of the girls as a 'him' once! Or we're canceling your retirement benefits! Diz iz a suriuz zituashun dood!

As for Stooie's adorable little cast o' characters. They're adorable. Makes me want to build a Sims house with them. 8D

trying to increase human life span and maybe even achieve immortality through genetic engineering and by mutating DNA.

Sims has a cheatcode for that.

But no, really, haven't you heard Kagome Kagome? There's a clan of little demon children living in the woods of Germany that are immortal! Ya gotta take a piece o' the brain out. Side effects is it makes you Yandere, and you automatically sell the rights of your soul to the Vocaloid fandom.

...... Excuse my blabbering, I get bored. XDDDDD
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Re: Stooies Art & Current Host of Freaky Nick

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Hittin' ya with moar pages. 8D Is the screen texture looking less dramatic?

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:38 pm

I had to finish these, like, an hour ago. Before leaving for the library. XD

MWAH~

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:36 pm

For those who aren't sure, that woman is Vicky.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Obyass looks awesome

An obsessed freak

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

Oh, I see I didn't come to gush about your Lady and the Tramp drawing.
So very adorable >u<
Everything else also looks wonderful (as usual)

This comic seems interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Keep up the good work guys and gals! c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 am

@GLG: I'm liking this comic so far. So is this your Fairly Odd Parents D comic, or is this a different Project you and Stooie are working on? Will you be doing Fairly Odd Parents D, in your art style and thread, or is Stooie doing the art?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Art