Stooies Art & Current Host of Freaky Nick

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stooies Art & Current Host of Freaky Nick

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:32 pm

This is Freak's own personal idea. Me and Stooie are doing the art for him since he has so many of his own going on too.

My own has a prologue out, but after it being so long, the art is clunky compared to what I can do now. (I did the lining all by hand during a cold. Yeh.)

The first chapter has been scripted, but I'm waiting to script the entire thing before I draw it, so I can make changes if need be.

But yeah, Freaky Nick is Freak's writing, my storyboarding & coloring, and Stooies art. 8D

Sigment proofreads and Snow Diggity was our original colorist, but he's on hiatus at the moment. >.> Hoping to get him back by act 2. Since Stooie herself is also busy with a lot of stuff.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Going to be a while before the entire script is finished, I'm pretty much only half way through the first act, almost anyways, I think I have longer than that (Some scenes take longer than I imagined it... but they also take shorter than I also imagined).
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Sorry for the delay- Promise I'll have three more pages up on the weekend! 8D

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Due to technical issues, I only have one page to post. XD Sry, the other two will be up Wednesday! 8D

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Got dem new pages!

My hamster got out of his cage and I had to lay on the floor infront of the dishwasher for an hour waiting for him to wander out. Datz why I named him Dipshit. I was then up til 2am finishing these. >.>

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Sigmas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Things are definitely looking great. Glad I could help you guys out. The art looks fantastic, Stooie. Grim, great coloring work. Really is fun to watch this take life.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Awww, such a sweetheart Siggerz. XD

Keep worrying I'm being lazy with some parts of the coloring. These two pages were so rushed. Anyone point out if there's a persistent problem that's too noticeable.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:09 pm

*Cough* Forgive my double posting Stooie sweetums, XD Moar pages here!

Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby stooie74 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:34 pm

I've had to put this off for a while but I'm glad I could post this. Again haven't really been on here for a while...still doing commissions and of course working on the comic.

Anyway, hero character number 4!
Matchstick
Real name is Jonathan Asmodeus Cynder. But most just call him Johnny. 15 years old, 5ft 1. Quite a laid back teenage boy, he plays guitar and rides a motorcycle. Compared to the rest of the team, Johnny is a bit of a screw up. He makes mistake and usually doesn't listen to anyone's advice but despite his quirks he always come through in the end. His mother is a Valkyrie and is father is a demon from hell. He inherits traits from both his parents. He has the ability to control, create and even turn into fire thanks to his father, as well as some other demonic powers. And inherits his mothers extremely beautiful good looks.

Back story time!
Growing up Johnny was raised only by his mother. He knew of his mothers history but very little knowledge about his father. All he knew is that he wasn't there growing up. Johnny had a pretty normal life, he was always seen a extremely good looking boy. By the time he was 13 years old thats when his looks really started to shine through. Though this was more of a problem then a blessing. It attracted to much unwanted attention and began to cover his face with a mask at all times. So much so that no one is quite sure what he looks like anymore. It was also at the age of 13 that he started to gain his demonic powers. After almost setting the school on fire, he was finding it hard to understand and control his new powers. Feeling lost, he decided to talk to his mother about this problem. A long conversation soon followed afterwards. Johnny finally learned that his father was a demon but was a prisoner in hell for committing betrayal towards his own kind. As his mother told him this story she gave a helmet to Johnny, a keepsake that belonged to his father. Johnny promised his mother that one day he would find a way to set father free.

Two years went by and Johnny was able to keep his powers under control. He learned much more about himself. As well as demonic powers he found out that he had a 'demon form' and had limited access to Hell. Very limited mind you, he has still not been able to free his father. It was during one of his visits there that he met the Seven Sins. He became fast friends with them and formed a band. During his normal life at school he was able to make a friend called Sylvanas. A secret werewolf. (Another character I will discuss next time)
Life seemed to be going well for Johnny. Until one night he took his motorcycle out for a drive, he spotted what looked like a woman being mugged on the street. Springing to action, Johnny tried to save her. Using his powers he was able to send the men running. But as soon as they were gone the woman reveled her true form to Johnny. To his surprise she was a demon too but not just any demon. The infamous succubus named Lilith. Angered by Johnny for ruining her plans to capture those men, she attacked. Johnny fought back but though the struggle his mask came off. Upon seeing his face Lilith became awestruck, never before had she seen such a beautiful sight. She instantly fell in love with him and made a attempt to capture him. Johnny was able to escape her on his motorcycle. Lilith vowed that she would make Johnny hers. She became a stalker and Johnny had to be much more cautious as time went on. Other demons started to haunt down Johnny on Lilith commands. Life suddenly become much more complicated then before.

When walking home from school with his friend Sylvanas, the two suddenly came across a an intense battle. They found Sir Anvil, The Brick and Changeling fighting off an attack. Acting on impulse, the two joined to help.
Heres my DA page if you want to check it out > http://xstooiex.deviantart.com/

Postby stooie74 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:15 am

Something for Freak <3
Heres my DA page if you want to check it out > http://xstooiex.deviantart.com/

Postby Jesturr » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 am

Woah Stooie D: That looks... really well done! I'm assuming the sketch is traditional under it, but I'm not sure about the coloring, it's really clean! xD
I was gonna draw something for Freak too, but I couldn't figure out what that blue sack he was holding is ; A;
(We should all drown him in gifts so he feels bad for worrying us after his inevitable and miraculous recovery!)
Bagel Eater

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm

The blue rag is holding a doll. Which the Clown thinks is alive and is very protective of. XD

Precisely, many gifts after miraculous recovery! Ack, I'm too young to deal with this shizz.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:57 pm

*Cough* ehem...

Freaky Nick is continuing. Stooie's up to it. I'm in full charge. Pressure slowly eating me. Wat? No, I'mma keep this alive if I do it on my deathbed! Just like Freak did. :3

*EDIT I missed posting about ten pages. Derp! Full Zim scene now!

Last edited by GrimlyLoveGunner on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby ari-6 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:52 pm

If I could, I suggest you alter the way you are rendering lines. As it is, the pixels are clearly visible and regular resolution which is pretty bad. You should probably be working at a higher resolution and then reducing it. What is your process for rendering lines at the moment and what resolution are you working at?
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Ah, the lines looking that way are entirely my fault. Stooie draws them quite smoothly, but I ultra-contrast them to make coloring easier.

I'll try blurring or reducing the image to make it less pixelated. XD Thankyou Ari! I don't generally color my comics so I've been waiting for people to point out what parts are blaringly wrong before experimenting.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby ari-6 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I see. Instead of contrasting, adjust the levels to makes the darks darker and the whites whiter. You could also vectorise but unless your running Adobe Illustrator I can't recommend it. Contrasting like you have done here would only really be viable if the image was drawn an then scanned at a super high resolution.

I also recommend relying less relying less heavily on effects to fill wide spaces. But on the drawing side, wide open spaces, especially panel 2 of page 28 shouldn't really be happening. There should really always be things in the background for wide shots, the only time you can really getaway with it is for close up's. It is an alien base floating in orbit, there are plenty of details that can be added. If trying to come up with details to fill spaces is hard, I recommend going to the cartoon or to a wiki and collecting screenshots of everything. What really made the alien stuff in invader Zim stand out was that there were loads of great background details.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeah, I really couldn't find many screenshots of Zim's base. DX I wanted his place to look completely stripped like it's useless and he's hightailing it. I should of put more detail into the floor and walls in my storyboarding. Whoops.

Though, how is it you noticed the contrast resolution but not that there were ten pages missing? Aaaack! I can't believe I did that! XD

The full Zim scene is up there now. sry. XD

Anyway, I'm using Gimp, if you have any more technique suggestions. Whites whiter and Darks darker? I thought that was what contrasting did. XD
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Previous

Return to Art