Bad Dragon's Art Thread [Updated 7/30/14]

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fatality's Secret Ninja Art

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 pm

They were surgically altered and considering how strict the forum can be that she's on, I can only guess she had a pretty good reason for them being that way, but all I really know is that they weren't originally that way.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby Sigment » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 pm

You said this was a birthday present. Is this a drawing of someone's OC? Maybe one for an RP on that forum you mentioned?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Yes it is. :) Her name is Traria Ranni.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby Sigment » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:13 am

Ooh, nice. Obviously a biotic, what with her being an Asari (unless, for the sake of making the character seem more unique, she's not), but what's the character like personality-wise? If you don't mind me asking.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:45 pm

I don't know much about her asides from her using her.... "assets" to her advantage. lol I'd see if I could link the profile but zetaboards is being wonky today.

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Party hard guys. Turian style!

Also a recent turian commission I did.

The Song of my People

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Is that commission female or male? Good drawing either way, but I just can't tell from the front.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Female :) it wouldn't make sense for turians to have "breasts" since they evolved as an avian species, plus the site the character is used on widely accepts that. Main difference between male/female turians is the females have wider hips and lack of fringe (though I gave her small fringes since the site made it fanon for females to have fringes. Why? Causes fringes are sexy. Lol).

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Another turian commission I did :)

Also a WIP female turian:

The Song of my People

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:44 am

Given your talent drawing the turians, I can see why people commission them so often. If I had the money, I might do it myself. :grin:

The Resident Smartass

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:31 am

Pretty much all the people who commission me are on the Mass effect rp site I'm on. :) it's a pretty nice community and a lot of them are very willing and friendly towards artists (there's a surprising number of very talented artist on there that make me jelly of their skills). I'll be posting some more non mass effect stuff here soon. Got some random sketches and such to post up at least.

Also not sure if I mentioned this anywhere but my old tablet I've had for about 5 years now crapped out and the two commissions I posted were done on my new one, and OMG THIS TABLET IS SOOO MUCH BETTER. It basically a newer version of my old tablet (had an wacom intuos 4 and new one is a 5) plus I found it on sale for almost half off. The 5 has a way bigger screen even though it's a medium like my old on and they added a touch screen feature which I both like and hate at the same time. Lol

I hate it since when I draw I keep the side of my hand pressed against the tablet/whatever surface I'm drawing on so that my lines are steadier and more precise, but the touchscreen makes it so that it picks up my hand and pen at the same time resulting in funkiness. I could probably turn it off in settings somewhere but I've been too lazy to mess with the settings yet where it only occasionally tries to recognize both.

I'm really glad you enjoy my work! I love turians and putting in the effort to get them right has definitely helped me with drawing some of the easier aliens (Drell, buttarians, and such). I tend tend to keep my prices cheap (the 2 above were $10 each) since I like to keep things affordable and would rather get more cheaper commissions than charge higher and only occasionally get a couple from ppl that just happen to have the money to spend.

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Some random sketches I did on my new tablet.

The Song of my People

Re: Bad Dragon's Art *giggity*

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:18 pm

That middle-right one reminds me of how you've drawn Quarians. 'Course, they all look fantastic, just wanted to get that out.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah its my quarian OC. lol

Tried to draw Non-Mass Effect but decided to throw her in and the drell to fill up the page.

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:19 am

Now for some totally non mass effect stuff I've been working on!

Got inspired to do some lineart of my OC Fem Irken, Set. Didn't care much for the more "realistic" look I tried drawing her in so I went with a more IZ style. I like how she turned out!

Also here's a quick sketch I did of my favorite OC Space Pirate Captain: SB! (She's mine btw)
Might finish her up later. Might add clothes... or take away. But then I wouldn't be able to show her here lol That's a cannon gun thing on her arm btw. I suck at drawing pew pew weapons so I'm gonna use her as practice!

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Some sketches I did for people on a furry site. The cleaner one took about 15 minutes and the rest roughly 5.

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 am

Another Commission Completed! Love how she turned out. :3

The Song of my People

Re: Bad Dragon's Art Thread

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Been trying to break from my obsession of constantly drawing turians but I couldn't help myself. <3

This is my OC femturian Vesta Sevarius, a biotic turian in the cabals. Still working on fleshing her out.

The Song of my People

Postby Jesturr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Awesome awesome :D
I love the color combination of black and blue *swoons*
Also loving the patterns on the head and the detailing of the base of the neck!
Bagel Eater

Postby Bad Dragon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks! I wasn't sure what color to make her markings at first but with her being a biotic I figured the blue would work well if I ever do a drawing where she uses her Biotics. From there I fell in love with the color choice as well! ^__^

The Song of my People

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Made some adoptables to try and make a bit of money (or end up with OC designs for myself at least).

Image Image Image Image

The Song of my People

Re: Bad Dragon's Art Thread [Updated 7/25/14]

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 pm

These are all really impressive. If you don't mind my asking, what are you studying?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Bad Dragon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:15 pm

In college? I'm a double major in Art and Psychology. With my art classes I mainly focus on digital art and graphic design, but I plan on going into psychology as a career (though I still can't make up my mind exactly what I want to do specifically) and have art on the side.

The Song of my People

Postby Jesturr » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I like the latest ones you posted! They look like cards!
I especially like the heart necklace chain thing on the second one!

Art and Psychology major sounds interesting :O
maybe you could make art to hypnotize people into giving you money
Bagel Eater

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:10 pm

@Jesturr: Heh, I wish I was that good! Make all the dosh!

Some WIP Lineart for a commission I'm working on. The thing the turian is holding on the right is her replacement mandible where she had her's ripped off.

The Song of my People

Previous

Return to Art