Iris' art

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Iris' art

Postby Iris » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 am

So I've decided to start drawing, mostly because I've always had ideas and was always frustrated by my inability to put them on paper as well as wanting to simply learn to draw. Time wise, I started practicing sometime at the beginning of June so I'm not too sure if I'm on the right path.

This is The Promethean Scholar, a concept character I've planned for a future project. The basic concept is that he's an amalgamation of magic and knowledge he has stolen over his previous lifetime and due to a disaster is now in this predicament. Aside from the loss of a physical body he has also forgotten who he was and what actually happened to him. He now seeks to recover the knowledge he has lost though at what price?

Click on the image to go to my deviant art account to see the full image as it's rather big.

Re: Iris' art

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 pm

By the looks of it, you've been studying up on shading, good job. Even kept in a little sun for the purposes, I reckon.

Pro-tip: Remember to crop your images. Either so there's very little white space, or so it gives a good composition, for instance by making use of the golden ratio. The former is easier though. It's a real shame when half your image is eaten up by a bland background color.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Re: Iris' art

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:46 pm

You're doing great, got some fine details in there.

Interesting character design. I dig it.

Hope to see more from you in the future.
[ LVL 131 ]

Return to Art