Switch to full style
Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.
Topic locked

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 am

how do u change profile? im VERY new

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 pm

At the top of the page RIGHT under the giant "Snafu Comics" Picture where it says
Comics - Board Index - Rules - FAQ - Search - Members - User Control Panel

Go to User Control Panel.

Once you click on that, on the left side of that page you will see:
Overview

» Front page
» Manage subscriptions
» Manage bookmarks
» Manage drafts

Profile<---
Board preferences
Private messages
Usergroups
Friends & Foes
Click Profile, as I made stick out above.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Btw Ausomeness, Welcome and enjoy your time here.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Finished my entry but I don't know how or where to post it XD im new here :unsure:

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

If you have a DeviantArt account then you can upload your work there and post a link to it in this thread. If not, you can upload your work on any image hosting site (photobucket, imageshack etc.) And either link it, or post it in Img tags.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Submission into the contest: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 6fxhol.jpg

My DA account: http://che999.deviantart.com/

Oh and yo I don't know how to make my own art thread ^^''

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Go to the art forum, click the button near the top of the page that says "post new thread"

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:10 pm

My Art contest entry :
http://i.imgur.com/A2fEAE8.jpg
tis also in my art threas.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Cool. Well guys, the contest is going to close on Tuesday the 6th of August. So if you haven't submitted anything and you still want to win the prize of a free commision from Bleed, get your stuff in.

You will still have that day to submit your pieces until I or another mod shut this down and open the voting thread up with its procedures. Thus far, I'm going to try and get to it because I said I would. I am planning in the evening hours of midnight Mountain Standard Time US, to shut everything down and get everything else online.

However, I'm going to be in Grain Harvest at the time, but I will make the posts in the even hours when I can or get the information to someone who can make the changes.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 am

was mine accepted? I wanna make sure that I submitted correctly ^^;

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am

I believe so, yes. If I'm going through this and you have submitted your information incorrectly, I'll PM you or fix it myself.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi!
Just want to make sure, so we will have until around 11pm on the 6th to submit our entry?
And does this website displays correct MTS time? http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/mountain-time/

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm working on my entry now and I'd hate to be late! ^^;

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Yup. That website displays the correct time, and it will end at midnight, so like 11:59pm on the 6th.

And Welcome to the site! Your avatar made me chuckle. You'd probably like this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49554

Now again, if anyone runs into certain problems such as difficulty with the site, or further confusions, post your problems here in this thread or send me a Private Message. I'll even answer questions about the site and how to access certain functions. If you have trouble with your stuff and you miss the deadline, send me a PM explaining the problem you are having and I'll do my best to help you resolve it and get you into the contest.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Here is my entry http://ari-6.deviantart.com/art/Mimi-an ... 1375826864 I guess I am pretty happy with it. I wish I had more time to finish the drawing of Minnie but never mind. I know the background is more than just a little bit shit but hopefully it will not distract from the characters. I just wish I knew how to get rid of the white line around my drawings. God I hope I am doing this wright, I am very tired. http://ari-6.deviantart.com/

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Quick! How do I post my art for the contest? I'm trying to post a thread with the link to my dA page and the inserted image but I don't know how to insert the image. How do I do this? Do I post it on dA and put the link to the image?

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 am

Here is my art submission for the "summertime activities" contest.
My dA page is: http://giffproductions.deviantart.com/ I haven't posted any deviations in a while but I hope it counts.

http://giffproductions.deviantart.com/a ... 1375852232

PS: I know it won't count for the contest, but since I'm somewhat new to coloring on the computer, the original black/white sketch version will be on my dA page for any who is interested in seeing it.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:16 am

GiffProd wrote:PS: I know it won't count for the contest, but since I'm somewhat new to coloring on the computer, the original black/white sketch version will be on my dA page for any who is interested in seeing it.

You have been entered. PM me if you have any questions or issues with the site. Oh, and go make a art thread.




I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.

Anyways, to make a long story short I am still in the middle of Grain Harvest and I'm having an allergic reaction to the grain chaff (the dust and particles). I've had to use an inhaler, its been bad, and I've been removed from trucking to running a tractor and disking the fields. Point is I need as much of my sleep as possible, so I will lock this thread and open up the voting thread with a link to the place you can go vote and with very clear and defined voting rules in the morning (Wed 7th at about 8 am)

Rules still go though, deadline was just extended a few hours for me. Note though that this doesn't change the ending deadline of the voting process. IF you have issues or are running a tad bit late, PM me and I'll get it entered in. For now though, I'm going to go to bed.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 am

Blood Lord wrote:Yup. That website displays the correct time, and it will end at midnight, so like 11:59pm on the 6th.

And Welcome to the site! Your avatar made me chuckle. You'd probably like this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49554

Now again, if anyone runs into certain problems such as difficulty with the site, or further confusions, post your problems here in this thread or send me a Private Message. I'll even answer questions about the site and how to access certain functions. If you have trouble with your stuff and you miss the deadline, send me a PM explaining the problem you are having and I'll do my best to help you resolve it and get you into the contest.


Thank you for the clarification Blood Lord! I'm not familiar with US timezone so it was a bit confusing for me haha xD;
And glad you liked my avatar! It's always awesome to find another pony fan xD I'll be sure to post in MLP thread as well!

By the way, here is my entry for the contest: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/image/57590124391
My tumblr: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/
Art thread: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55063

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:59 am

and of course the contest is lost

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 am

Blood Lord wrote:Rules still go though, deadline was just extended a few hours for me. Note though that this doesn't change the ending deadline of the voting process. IF you have issues or are running a tad bit late, PM me and I'll get it entered in. For now though, I'm going to go to bed.
So I was up two nights in a row trying to get my entry finished and having to settle for two characters instead of three like I had planned, Just to make the deadline and then I get an extension? Now I am contemplating finishing it off like I wanted and add in Minnie except...
TheOctoberScarf wrote:and of course the contest is lost
I move that this girl be banned from the competition due to overwhelming skill! (sigh) There go my chances.
Blood Lord wrote: I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.
What is this from? I know I have heard it before.
Blood Lord wrote:Anyways, to make a long story short I am still in the middle of Grain Harvest and I'm having an allergic reaction to the grain chaff (the dust and particles). I've had to use an inhaler, its been bad, and I've been removed from trucking to running a tractor and disking the fields.
Blord... Are you a farmer?

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:32 am

ari-6 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Rules still go though, deadline was just extended a few hours for me. Note though that this doesn't change the ending deadline of the voting process. IF you have issues or are running a tad bit late, PM me and I'll get it entered in. For now though, I'm going to go to bed.
So I was up two nights in a row trying to get my entry finished and having to settle for two characters instead of three like I had planned, Just to make the deadline and then I get an extension? Now I am contemplating finishing it off like I wanted and add in Minnie except...
TheOctoberScarf wrote:and of course the contest is lost
I move that this girl be banned from the competition due to overwhelming skill! (sigh) There go my chances.
Blood Lord wrote: I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.
What is this from? I know I have heard it before.
Blood Lord wrote:Anyways, to make a long story short I am still in the middle of Grain Harvest and I'm having an allergic reaction to the grain chaff (the dust and particles). I've had to use an inhaler, its been bad, and I've been removed from trucking to running a tractor and disking the fields.
Blord... Are you a farmer?


He was quoting darth vader from that robot chicken sketch or maybe the movie,been a while since I seen it but I agree,lunateaa was late on the due date entry and with all that effort,why even go for the prize?

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:36 am

Just to clarify, I was joking. I was not seriously suggesting we ban the new person.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 am

Laudine wrote:
Thank you for the clarification Blood Lord! I'm not familiar with US timezone so it was a bit confusing for me haha xD;
And glad you liked my avatar! It's always awesome to find another pony fan xD I'll be sure to post in MLP thread as well!

By the way, here is my entry for the contest: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/image/57590124391
My tumblr: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/
Art thread: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55063

Thank you, I will add you in shortly.

ari-6 wrote:Blord... Are you a farmer?

Yus.

TheOctoberScarf wrote:and of course the contest is lost

I shall address concerns like this in the Voting Thread, because I feel like many people are going to feel that way. But allow me to say that the contest is more than just winning. Its about having a chance to compete with other artists and to learn from each other. I find art work such as Laudine's and Ari-6's to be an inspiration in my own artistic pursuits and it causes me to work harder. So don't be discouraged if you feel someone's art is superior to yours, instead recommit yourself to the pencil and draw more. I'd even go ask them for some advice too.

TheOctoberScarf wrote:He was quoting darth vader

Direct Quote from Episode 5.

Re: Snafu Art Contest: 2013 - Summer Activities. OPEN!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:00 am

The voting thread is up and now online. Thank you for all that have come to Snafu to participate, as well as to Hiroko for the contest idea and to Mir@k for the contest graphics. I wish you all good luck and I would hope that all of you decide to stick around and hang out with us here at Snafu.

If you do not win, well that sucks. It always sucks, but don't get discouraged. We've all learned and gained something here today and you came forth to compete. Pat yourself on the back for having the balls to do that. There was more to this contest than just winning. It is also about pushing yourself and your skills to make some awesome art. Many of you have done this and they all look fantastic. This is also about learning from eachh other and gaining inspiration to push your art skills harder or even experiment with new art media.

VOTING THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54947
Topic locked