In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm down.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Alopunk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm at a loss of words. It's just... it hurts.

I didn't know him very well, but I know he was a great person. A great friend to those who knew him so well.
I don't want to believe that this happened, none of us do.
I wish I found out about this sooner... and yet I wish I didn't find out until even later on.
Rest in peace, Ethan Foster.
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.

Postby Zelosse » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:00 am

No matter how often I see things like this it still churns my guts. Death is an absolute in this world and the thought of a person simply stopping scares me more than I can explain, so it's great to see others honouring the lost but never forgotten.. I'm very sorry to hear this happened. Crum and I weren't close but, like with most posters I'm sure, there was a respect I held for him.

Depression is such a horrible feeling. It seems so easy to hide from others until it seems to poison every thought you have and make the kindest gestures from friends and family seem hollow and pitiful (atleast that's how it felt for me). I hope that he is in a better place now, I truly do.

Postby Karo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 pm

I first met Crum when he joined the site back in 2006. I remember thinking he was just another stupid noob, who would disappear like all the others I've seen come and go. But he stayed, listened to all the criticisms everyone had about his writing and his characters and working at making him better. I got to watch him turn into a wonderful writer, and I wish I had been here the last few months to play with him and talk to him more. You will be missed Crum.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I never got to know who he is or anyone on this forum for that matter. I'm just not good at that. But reading through this thread, I know he is one person I should have known, should have befriended.

Rest in Peace.

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:46 am

I can't say we were really friends. Definitely not at first. He was a little shit, and tiresome, and that was back when I let things get to me in the worst way.

But...he grew on me. Like a lichen. And while I was around here, he made me smile...sometimes even when smiling was the thing I wanted to do least. That was important to me. I'm sorry I never told him that.

I'm not going to sugarcoat anything, and I'm not going to dwell on what he did or why he did it. I will polish up the little gems of those smiles he gave me, and hang them in my figurative window, so they'll cast rainbows on the rest of my life.

Ethan, you were a good guy, and you're with some of my favoritest ever people now. If you and Jonathan and Joshua could send me a few more rainbows, I'll be looking for them, and smiling when I see them. Just for you guys.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby QuickSilver » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:37 pm

It is always deeply sad to lose someone so young.

Pleasant journies through the outer planes.

Rest in peace.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Mimeme » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 am

I am sorry to hear of his passing :( My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace, Ethan.

Postby sam4books » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 am

Just heard about this a couple days ago from my boyfriend.

Still really really shocked.

I mean, I know plenty of people who are in the same boat, perhaps a bit more open about it but Crum, I don't think I could have seen it coming. We never really talked much, save for the plenty of Skype chats we used to have. I remember him being really funny and lighthearted, and it was really fun to hear everyone laugh. I am really sorry to hear about this. I'm still shocked, and torn about this. I really had no idea, no clue. We still had each other's tumblrs and he often liked my stuff. When he suddenly stopped, I thought he had probably been just busy. I didn't even notice how his tumblr wasn't "there" anymore.

I really liked his stance on the world and how he viewed things, and I know he and my boyfriend got along greatly.

I really do hope he's in a better place.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Brandun13 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm so sorry to all of those people who were close to the Dacrum i didn't personally know him but he helped me once a lot on my drawing thread along with Tuor.

But i feel extreme sadness to all those close to him. I lost my sister almost a year and a half ago so i know how all you must feel about this.

Hes in a better place now and wish you all and him the best. R.I.P Dacrum we'll miss you.
Thirteen

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

I also didn't know him well personally but, like Brandun's sister and my aunt, he's in a better place. May they all rest in peace and the Goddess protect their souls.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 am

I still miss you, bud. I don't know if that will ever change. I can imagine myself having a gin and tonic on the anniversary years from now, when I have a family, ritually preparing the drink and just going off to sit by myself for a while. Rest easy, dude.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:39 am

Happy birthday, man. I still miss you, but I'm glad you're at peace now. Rest easy, bro.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:51 am

One year ago today I got the awful news, saw the facebook posts, and felt my stomach plummet. Most of the time it feels like it was only a week ago that this happened. I still miss you and I probably always will, but I know you're free of your burdens now. Of course no one on your wall has a bad thing to say about you, but I can't help but find it laughable considering everything you'd told me.
Rest Easy Ethan

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion