Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Alien Salamander)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:16 pm

A lot of people (including me) always though Rodan and Godzilla were the bros but that isn't the case apparently.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm

It depends on the movie really.

"Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster"
---
Godzilla and Rodan spend most of the movie fighting, until a child Mothra tries to convince them to cut the shit and help her fight Ghidorah before he destroys the planet. They say no at first and Mothra goes to fight Ghidorah on her own even though she's just a larva at this point and doesn't stand a chance. Godzilla and Rodan must've felt like assholes for basically letting a little kid challenge a perfect golden space hydra, because they join the fight and the three of them defeat Ghidorah.

"Godzilla vs Monster Zero"
(Monster Zero turns out to be Ghidorah)
---
Godzilla and Rodan are friends and the work together to fight Ghidorah.

"Destroy All Monsters"
---
Godzilla and a lot of other monsters (including Rodan) seem to get along fine in this one and they all band together to fight Ghidorah in the end.

Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla (90s version)
---
Godzilla and Rodan fight in most of their encounters this time, but in the end, as Rodan dies he gives Godzilla some of his energy as a final act to help Godzilla. Godzilla gets a power boost thanks to Rodan and destroys Mecha-G.

Godzilla: Final Wars
--
Godzilla just has it out for every monster in this one. But Final Wars takes place in a timeline separate to all the reboots and series that came before it and is not cannon to the Showa, Heisei, or the Millennium series.

I think that's all the movies that had Godzilla and Rodan in it at the same time. Also, I'm not including the movies where Rodan appeared as stock footage.
Bark

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Man, I really have to watch the Godzilla movies sometime. They sound amazing!
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 pm

They super are.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 pm

I love this picture of Bubbles c:
the flames look beautiful!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks so much Cerulean.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 am

Title: Mother of Sunlight and the Father of Chaos
--
Drew this for fun and just for fun.
I gave human Celestia a massive sunlight sword and for some reason I figured that if Discord gave off chaotic energy, it would be colored red.
Celestia: What in the-? Discord! What did you just turn me into!?
--
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (update: Been a while)

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 am

Cool. Interesting idea.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Jesturr » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 am

That's awesome O:
I like how intense the colors are
Bagel Eater

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 pm

EXXXXCAAAALIBUUUUUR!

But seriously, good work, Mutt. I like this, and it reminds me of Fire Emblem for whatever reason (likely unmerited, since I've never played it).
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

I like it Mad-Mutt, and don't mean to be a pain in the ass about it, but Celestia is missing a few stands of her hair color. Like the green and purple, unless it is hidden up there a bit.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 pm

@ Ari-6:
Thanks, glad you liked it.

@ Jesturr:
Thanks, I had a lot fun with the colors of this one.

@ Sigment:
I can kind of see that. Most Fire Emblem characters have a similar kind of cloak or something the characters wear on their back that I gave Tia here. Chrom has one, Lucina does, Marth, Ike, Roy, and even Robin wears this big ass long flowing coat. I also wanted Celestia's sunlight blade (the name is a reference to something) to have a kind of video gamey look to it.
I wasn't thinking of Fire Emblem when I drew this though, I kind of pictured Tia's battle attire to look kind of like she's a warrior monk or something like that.

@Bloodlord:
I'm glad you liked it BL and don't worry about it, I did decide to hide some of her other hair colors up there because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off on a human design and make it look natural, but looking at it, I kind of wished I had gone all out with it. Maybe next time if I even feel the desire to revisit this concept for another drawing.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 am

Dude, badass shonen off the limit talk, so inspirational cool wow all at once. One of my favourite pieces in your stash yet really, just in terms of creativity, colour and posing. Like the way yoo've drawn Princess Celestia standing alongside Discord like that is pretty cool. The colouring is wicked. THe background is just completing it. Really do find this one awesome.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks for the comment, Freak.

More art.

Title: The Fledgling Alicorn vs The Corrupted Sunset
--
Wanted to draw something cool with Sunset's demon form as a pony.
I also wanted to draw something cool with Twilight.
Decided to do both with this one.
That's also Spike's massive dragon eye in the background.
I wanted Twi's expression to be as fierce as I could make it. I know that's a strange idea to think about, "How fierce can I make a colorful cartoon equine? But... what can I say."
I think I'm getting slightly better at doing fire and those magic effects I like doing.
A last minute change I made to this was deciding to tone down the amount of blood and scars on Twilight. There wasn't anything major, just a scar over her mark and the cut on her cheek has a bit more blood coming out of it.
--
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (update: Angry Stare Down)

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 am

Good call. When it comes to blood and scars and stuff, less is usually more.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Guardian » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:@Bloodlord:
I'm glad you liked it BL and don't worry about it, I did decide to hide some of her other hair colors up there because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off on a human design and make it look natural, but looking at it, I kind of wished I had gone all out with it. Maybe next time if I even feel the desire to revisit this concept for another drawing.

Do it, push yourself and see what happens.

This one you did with Twi and Sunset is pretty boss too. Spike's eye looks kinda sad to me. Like, he's sad.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Twilight should just accept defeat
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:50 pm

@BL:

Thanks for that, and I can imagine why Spike would look a little worried in this situation.

@ OrangeBee:

Twilight ain't got no time for that self doubting shit, she's got mouths to feed and bills to pay because ain't nothing in this world for free. She can't slow down and she can't hold back, because there's no rest for the wicked. Plus, she knows Sunset, Sunset ain't no real mad dog killer. Why should she give up when she's got a Godzilla sized adopted son to back her up? Ain't nobody got time for given up, its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit. Just who the hell do you think she is? I don't know why don't we ask Kamina, but he'll probably tell you the same thing. Why do you think we have eyes in front of our head anyways? Its so we don't spend our whole lives looking back. Its just another mission, another cause for her to fight, her motivation, an oath she's sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again. No explanation will matter after its all began. She'll unlock the dark destroyer buried with in. Now Twilight's unfortunate former friend will discover a war they'll be unable to win.
Don't you know man? She's become indestructible, Determination that is incorruptible. From the other side, a terror to behold. Annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know that their opponent had to be invincible. She's an indestructible colorful equine of war.
And!...
I've run out of references to make. That was fun though.
Thanks for the comment though, I appreciate all kinds.

Also, congrats to anyone you gets all those references I just made. Most of them are musical, the others are from movies. Ones of them should be very obvious.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:35 pm

I god! The music references! The gangsta talk! It hurts!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I think I only got one of those lol (Ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good~)

These two drawings look pretty good. I'm loving the glowing effect thing that you've been giving your pictures. It really makes the pictures POP. Can't wait to see more c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 am

Thanks a lot Cerulean and I hope that last post of mine wasn't too cringe inducing for you Ari.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:20 am

Just epic, got to love that flame and purple magic effect and how you've managed to fit Spike's eye behind them just right. It's a splendid piece.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks, Freak.

I had to move around Spike's eye some to get it into the right place, when I first drew it, the eye looked to low so I had to adjust it.
I also really enjoy making little effects like those because it lets me play around with colors a lot.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (update: Perfectly Mismatched...)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Rita and Runt
--
I made a quick little picture of Rita and Runt.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (update: Charging the beam)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Title: Godzilla: Dark Defender
--

--

The idea for this picture is that Hedorah (the giant slug monster) was spreading pollution and disease and Mothra, the guardian of the Earth was all like, "Hey, knock it off or me and you are going to have a scrap."
And Hedorah is all like, "Screw you, you butterfly shit."
And then they fight, but Hedorah gets the upper hand on Mothra, but lucky for her, Godzilla shows up because he doesn't like Hedorah either. Godzilla lets Mothra ride on his back out of harms way while he knocks Hedorah into a corner. The image here is Godzilla charging up his atomic blast to deliver the final blow while the twins who usually speak for Mothra watch on from afar.

I basically just wanted to do a picture of Godzilla that portrayed him as more of a hero, but still keeping him looking fierce and powerful.

This is something that's been sitting on my computer for a while because I wasn't too happy with how it turned out. So as per usual with pictures I'm unsatisfied with I leave it sitting on my computer for a few weeks until I edit it and mess around with some stuff and upload it.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Art