Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update:Something other than fanart)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: The Princess and the Dragon)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks a lot Sigment, I'm glad you think so.
Bark

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 am

This looks massive. I mean, it feels massive. Like an epic or something. Good work!

I agree with Sigment. Your line work got a bit smoother as well as your shading. Have you thought about varying the line width?
dA
o -o

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Thanks a lot Ruxan.

I really wanted to give it a massive feel (since one of the characters in that drawing is a giant dragon) and I'm glad to hear that you think I pulled it off.

As for varying my line width, I've always tried to go with very thine lines so they aren't as noticeable, do you think if I try something else, my work will look better?
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:41 am

Awesome, you're really coming on Mad-Mutt. You're shades a whole lot more impressive than what it once was and you're lines are more curved and controlled. You're also putting more effort into the eyes and it's paying off... but I'd make the eye lashes a little less smudged. Overall this is great.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks a lot Mister Freak.

I have another drawing for you all today as well.

Keep in mind though, its a certain someone who asked for this so for better or worse here is my least favorite creation to date:

Whoop Ass Girls: Hardley's Child
--

--

For better context to what is going on in this drawing go watch the Powerpuff Girl's Episode, "Knock it Off"

And read the whole description for more context on how this horrid thing came about.

This thing came about during a little back and forth in a forum that I sometimes visit. Someone took a look at one of my more creepier drawings and wandered what it would look like if I combined the PPG (or in this case the WAG) into a a cerberus like monster. It was such a bizarre idea that I wondered what it would look like as well.

So I set off to draw this thing.

And I don't like it.
No really I don't.

I went through several designs for this creature, I think it was around 7 or 8 including the one you see before you now.

My main goal was to create something with a very feminine and beautiful design and I was having a hard time capturing that in a dog like silhouette. But in my past reading I recall a time when Cerberus was referred to as "The Great Worm" and I went with a less dog like and more slender build, I still kept some dog like elements such as the dewclaws and the teeth on the Blossom clone.

I gave it a rather hourglass and womanly looks to create an elegant yet powerful design. Although now that I look at "Hardley's Child" I can't help but see Xelotath a little bit.

I didn't want it to come off a disgusting or sexual, I don't like it when artists try to do that. I wanted to capture a sort of sadness and rage that a creature like this might be feeling. As if it demands to know why it was born in the first place if it must suffer like this.

Anyways a bit of a back story on this thing.

I want to be clear that this thing is a clone, I just don't have the heart to do this to the real Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. The events of this image are similar to the "Knock it Off" episode only Hardley doesn't turn into a monster at the end and a monster of his own creation ends up killing him.

Its all very Frankensteinish.

Utonium gets the girls out of the chamber that was draining them of their powers and their complexion and with a heavy heart, he leave his old friend to the mercy of his creation as the fire begins to consume everything and burn it to ash. All in all I changed very little up to this point mainly because I don't have to.

"Knock it Off" is my favorite PPG episode and its one of the most darkest the show has to offer with a villain so despicable that even Him looks redeemable by comparison. No really.

I like "Knock it Off" so much that I don't even want to touch that story at all, its just fine the way it is.

I only did this so I could see a cerberus Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup clone while keeping the actual girls safely in their normal forms.

So while I do make PPG related comics from time to time, don't expect to see this pop up again.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Hardley's Child)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am

Good Lord. @-@
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:34 am

Are you happy now? He finally went and did it! May god have mercy on your goo!

But seriously, when I realised what was going on in this scene I just though "wow... This is damn epic"
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:38 am

I think the bigger struggle I'm having is figuring out whether this is sexual or scary...

I'm really not going to get into this thing as well, as just mentioned I'm having trouble here.

But it does make me ask if you'll be resuming any of your comics?
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

@ Tenshi Nova:
You're the one who brought it up.

@ Ari-6:
Thanks Ari.

@ Freak:
I mentioned this in that description, but you may have missed it. I didn't want this thing to come off as sexual and I'm not a big fan of it when artists do that. I did want it to look feminine and a little elegant, but I also wanted it to look like a very sad sort of creature, I wasn't going for something like grotesque or sexual, I wanted the design to have a sorta sorrow attached to it.

As for my past projects I've been doing something lately that has taken up a lot of my time which is why you haven't seen much art lately, I don't think I can discuss what that is yet, but you may find out eventually.
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:19 am

Bit off from a 3 headed dog, but an interpretation is what it is :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

Whoa. That reminds me a lot of the Cloverfield monster. You're pretty good at making very unsettling drawings.

As for the line width thing, I dunno. You can always try and find out. But since you style is more towards the more unnoticed lines, you can experiment with coloring the lines a darker color of the subject instead of having pure black lines, or forgoing lines all together and just use the differences in color and shade to create an illusion of line.
dA
o -o

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:21 am

Title - Whoop Ass Girls: Bubbles vs Some Thug With a Gun
--
Description -
Guess, what?
The super powered mutant child wins.
The guy got a hit in, one of his bullets managed to hit Bubbles around the eye which left a bit of a bruise, but all that did was make her angry.
--
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Bubbles vs Some Thug)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue May 06, 2014 10:58 am

Trolling With Ponies: Overprotective Parenting
--

--

Twilight's feeling a little OOC today.

I just wanted to make a quick little comic of Twilight acting like an almost psychotic overprotective guardian for Spike because I thought it be kind of funny.

And no I'm not bashing this ship I'd just thought it be funny to have Twilight threaten Rarity like every parent or older sibling who thinks they're little one is too young to date yet. I think its a little cute in a crazy kind of way. Twilight wants to make sure Spike doesn't get involved with something he's too young for.

I'm thinking about making some others where every time Rarity is alone with Spike, Twilight is there just watching them. Like Rarity is in her house with Spike and she looks over and Twi is just right outside the window looking at her with a crazy look in her eyes.

And yes, I did not draw Twilight with wings in this. This is before her Alicorn days.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Overprotective Parenting)

Postby ari-6 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm

This is pretty...... huh. I'm just going to say that over protection and god like powers are evidently not a good combo and leave it at that.

Postby stooie74 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 am

lol lol lol That comic made me laugh, good work
Heres my DA page if you want to check it out > http://xstooiex.deviantart.com/

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu May 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks a lot ya'll.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Ooh, these look great Mutt! My favorite is the Bubbles picture here, but I also greatly enjoyed the MLP comic. I like how bright and vibrant it looks until the end there. Keep up the good work!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks a lot Cerulean.

Whoop Ass Girls: Never Trust a Pretty Face
--
Yes, this is totally a dude. In the Whoop Ass Girls shorts Him was called the Devil, which wasn't as really as a creative name to me at least. Also, he had this kind of demonic catman look to him.
I like to draw Him taking on different forms, most of which are very feminine, this one is his kind of childish (dude looks like a lady) look. Its for when he wants to look his most deceptively harmless.
--
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Never Trust a Pretty Face)

Postby ari-6 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 pm

My favourite episode of the PPG was the one where they travel to a future HIM corrupted. Everyone had been turned into a shell of their former selves. And there were ominous posters all over the ruins saying things like "Who is HIM?". It really made me question what exactly happened in the time they had been gone. Also I liked how they couldn't defeat him with their fists. That was the episode that really hinted at him being more than just a villain.

I am really interested when you described what the original HIM was supposed to be like, do you have a link to a picture? I also much prefer the name HIM. It is much more threatening than just Devil because it implies that no one dares to speak his name. Out of all the cartoons I saw as a kid, I think HIM was probably one of the best.

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Never Trust a Pretty Face)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed May 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah, that's a pretty good episode.

And I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I look I can't find a picture of Him as he looked in the Whoop Ass Girls short anywhere on the internet. The only reason I know about it, is because of the big ass PPG DVD box set that I own that has the shorts on it.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Godzilla!)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu May 15, 2014 12:51 am

Godzilla: When the Gods Do Battle
--

--

Drew some Godzilla art because Godzilla is awesome.

I was gonna try and make him look kind of like how he does in the new movie, but I was having some trouble getting it to look right, so I went with a stylized approach to his appearance. He was also going to be grappling with Ghidorah here, but I went with Manda instead because I couldn't fit in Ghidorah's other heads.
Also there's that poor little human girl over there.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Whoop Ass Girls: The Utonium Family + Keane
--
--
The family that enjoys some music together...

Dad is having a slightly hard time trying to work the myipodphonefilewhatevermabob that Bubbles gave him because having three kids tends to help make you get a little behind the times. Luckily Keane doesn't have kids and has probably had to confiscate a bunch of those so she has a better idea of how to work it.
Also, Bullet is there. This version may or may not have powers. Who knows.

For those of you who don't know, the PPG was originally going to be called the Whoop Ass Girls, but the tone and name of the show was changed so parents wouldn't throw a shit-fit.
I've been drawing them with the Whoop Ass Girls mentality, because I'm curious on how they might have been like in that kind of tone and setting. Also it gives me an excuse to draw these characters some more.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Keane as kind of a surrogate mother, I like that allot.

Nice work. Your figure drawing is slowly coming along. Marked improvement with the faces.

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Utonium Family)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks a lot, Ari.
Bark

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Utonium Family)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Rock A By Dragon
--
This was mainly to practice how to do Twilight's magic effects.
Its still kind of cute though so I figured I'd upload it.
--
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Art