Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Alien Salamander)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:13 am

@WalrusM3:

Sorry WalrusM3, but I no longer have the original basic sketch for that monster. Thanks a ton for the comment though, I'm glad you liked it.

@Brax4:

Thanks Brax. I wasn't thinking of Venom or of Ridley Scotts Alien when I drew this, but I did want it to have a bit of an extraterrestrial vibe to it.
Bark

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Aww, he's adorable! Does he do any tricks?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Its really hard to train it because of how bitey it can get.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Should've told me that before I told it to sit.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 pm

PPG: The Utonium Triplets
--
--
This is something I don't know if it will ever be an actual "thing" or not.
If it ever does become something it won't be for awhile. I need more practice in a lot of things.
In case any of you haven't noticed it yet, I'm a really big fan of the PPG series. I like it to a rather bizarre degree, can't say why though, there's just something about the show that just clicked with me and developed this fascination for it.
What it might be is basically a series of on going comics that will be episodic, but also fallow a kind of plot. I want to do a story of the girls and the characters of Townsville as they try to live in a city that has a bizarrely high crime rate. It will have superheroic stuff in it, but I want it to be more about people. If that makes any sense. I want to make a superhero comic, but I also want to make a comic about people, be they super human mutant children, single parents, ex-criminals trying to go straight, a mayor trying to clean up the city she grew up in, some punks who don't give a shit, teachers, cops, or people who are just plain evil.
The girls are the most important part of it being the main characters and all and the other characters are also important in their own right, each one of them playing a role in the girls lives, be they friends, family or foes.
I want it to be about these people and how they deal with living in a city filled with crime, some fight, some don't, some try to make things worse and others just try to live. I want it to be about how growing up as crime fighters has effected the girls and how times have changed their town and the people in it for the better and the worse. Not to say it won't have its fun moments though. I do want it to have a sense for humor for times when the characters have their little silly moments or when they're using humor to just get through the day.
This may seem like an odd idea maybe.
Its just something I've been thinking about doing. No idea if it will ever become a thing.
I need to better myself more before I can ALLOW myself to do something like this though.
I guess you can call this an very early concept drawing.
Oh, and Bubbles is wearing her hair down in this picture just because I like to alternate her hair from time to time. The same reason why the characters will occasionally be wearing different cloths.
I was drawing those face in preparation for this. The background is okay I guess, but I want to work on making my future background more... better. There are a lot of things I want to make better. That's what practice and training is for though.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Looks great Mutt, nice work on the crowd, though HIM looks a bit too large, as does the girl beside it. I think that's what you meant to do, but personally I think it would look better if everyone was the same size in the crowd. Other than that I love it.

Not dogging on your work, just giving a suggestion. Once again, it looks great.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Can't help but like Bubbles' jacket should be blue. Other than that, I love it. I like to see AE posters, and this is no exception. "AE" is short for "Absolutely Everyone", though I'm not sure if that's actually what this is.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 am

Two drawings of some OCs coming up, the first one was a basic idea and so is the second, but the character has a better defined look in the second and I was trying some... different things for the first one.

But you look so Purrty
--
This is pretty much a first concept of them. Those who have looked deeper into my Devaintart gallery, might have noticed that I have a weird affinity for severed talking heads.
--
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 am

A weird girl, a talking head... and a slug thing..
--
I like the way the girl looks in this one better than the last one, even if she's kind of in a wonky mood here. Her body is suppose to look oddly contorted by the way.
I think I gave her a better design and look for this one than the last one (here eyes aren't always like that) and Jason the talking head has one extra leg for this one.
And in the background we have a weird purple and pink slug vomiting up some red slime stuff.
--
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 pm

These are quite creepy, twisted, yet nice to look at. Nice job Mutt.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 am

Almost two years ago:
http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -270085149
And now I'm here for this next drawing.
I'll keep moving forward.

PPG: The Girls Are Back in Town 2
--
Bark

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 pm

I can't help but feel like you extended Blossom's hair a little bit, so that she's still got longer hair than the others.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Devil Blossom: The Beast Within
--
This one is actually part of a trade with our very own Ari-6
Devaintart page: ari-6.deviantart.com/
And you can see Ari's half of the trade (which is really really good) here: ari-6.deviantart.com/art/The-D…
Hope you like it Ari.
I was going to draw DB in chains for this, but this is meant as more of a mental thing and I figured a straitjacket would be better. Also, chains have been done a lot.
--
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Great work! I really like your character designs, they always look dark and dangerous! I already posted on your DA but I was wondering if you would let me draw this character sometimes?
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 pm

I don't see why not, go for it if you want to.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:13 am

Come At Us Bro!
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:17 am

Teeth and Claws:
--
I'm trying out a less cartoony style for this character:
mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/I-…
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:23 am

PPG: Attack On Townsville
--
As some of you may know I did an art trade with our very own Ari-6 where he drew a pretty great picture of the PPG in the way I usually draw them. I gave him total freedom with what the girls would be doing in the picture and he decided to draw them with battle damage. That picture put this idea in my head so this is a bit of a continuation of our little trade. And yes the title of this is based off of a certain other show that involves giant monsters attacking things.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:00 am

Blossom: Over the Earth
--
A slightly older drawing that I found in the back of my saved files. I work on a lot of stuff so I occasionally lose track of some drawings. One of my few gripes with this is how I did Blossom's pose, I'm not sure about it. It looks more like she just finished a dance number or something. The picture itself was already 80% doneish, so I just added a few things here and there. I've improved a bit since I started this and forgot about it, so I wasn't sure if I was going to upload it, but I figured I'd just go with it since its been taking a while for me to upload more work lately.
--
Bark

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 am

I know it's cliche, but I can see my house from here!

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 am

Cliche or not, it still made me giggle.

To everyone whose commented on my work so far:

I know I haven't responded as much as I usually do lately, but I still read every comment and take in any suggestion you offer to help improve my work. Thank you all for the comments.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

I get a Phoenix vibe from this one. I love the way you drew the earth and moon. It sort of looks like she flew upward while spiraling, so I like the pose (personally).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you Cerulean, and the pose has kind of grown on me the more I look at it.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Awesome, your work gradually improves Mad-Mutt. But I do wish you'd do something about the hands, I'm not sure if you do the fingers that way intentionally to be honest however. But ah well, at least you do everything else awesome. Like that's real awesome how you've done the Earth and the moon in the Blossom over Earth. Not that I've been keeping up with you Mad-Mutt, but it would be real awesome for you to do a comic or something, as even though I dislike your hands... a lot. I can't help but feel an appeal for your art.

But anyways, I think the issue you may have in the Blossom one, is that her arms twisted right around, looks as if she dislocated it. But besides that it looks totally fine. I also need to know how you did that feckin' aura, because I can't do a flaming aura in my art! (Well I kind of can, but not like that!) Going to have to open special art classes specially for me I think Mad-Mutt. But yes, great job.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Lucina: I'll Challenge My Fate
--
Behold the main reason why I haven't been uploading a whole lot of art lately. I finally got a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening and this is the first time in a long time I've gone on long sit downs with a game. I've been playing it a lot.
This is Lucina (or Lucy as I've taken to calling her. I got silly little nicknames for most of the characters in the game).
Its just a little drawing that FE:A related that I did to get it out of my system. This is a first attempt at drawing FE:A art and I don't know if I'll do more of it. And for those of you wondering, that is indeed a silhouetted Risen that she has cut in two.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Art