Blood Studios - Doing some "Hands on" work.

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blood Studios: Valmyria Windstrider (Outline)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 pm

The hand was not looking right. It was like she was trying to stick her hand in her pocket when she doesn't have any... I drew the arm too low, so I thought I'd just attempt to do the arrow thing instead.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Re: Blood Studios: Valmyria Windstrider (Outline)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 am

This was the original Blood Studios sign. I'm doing some cleaning and was digging through my stuff when I found this. I made it during my mission after failing repetitively to do the blood splatter design that is on the current one.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Re: Blood Studios: Original Blood Studios Logo

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Looks pretty legit
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Re: Blood Studios: Original Blood Studios Logo

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Concept art for a upcoming project of mine. Sadly its a story and not a comic. You do not want to see my background skills.
Mercypostle

Re: Blood Studios: Grim Tales from the Surface Above - Minnie

Postby Sigment » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Nice armor. Kinda wish I could wear something like that in Skyrim.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:15 am

So Blord, this is the final design? I like it, I like it a lot. My only suggestions here would be to make it slightly more "asymmetrical". But other than that it's perfect. I think it's good to go. I take it you decided not to give her an eye patch. I think you should have, yet at the same time, she looks just as good with both eyes.

What do you mean by "You do not want to see my background skills"? Are you not good at drawing environments?

Postby Sigment » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:19 am

Havoc wrote:What do you mean by "You do not want to see my background skills"? Are you not good at drawing environments?

That would be the implication, yes.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:57 am

Havoc wrote:So Blord, this is the final design? I like it, I like it a lot. My only suggestions here would be to make it slightly more "asymmetrical". But other than that it's perfect. I think it's good to go. I take it you decided not to give her an eye patch. I think you should have, yet at the same time, she looks just as good with both eyes.

Yup. That's her final design. It kinda incorporated a little bit of everything that was talked about. You've got armor, leather, a bit of Minnie's flare, and I thought the sliced dress worked very well. I was actually thinking on the symmetricalness of it, especially the top. An idea I had early on to have the Grim skull on one of the shoulder plates instead of as a brooch.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Havoc wrote:What do you mean by "You do not want to see my background skills"? Are you not good at drawing environments?

That would be the implication, yes.

I am terrible at doing it. The only thing I'm remotely good at is characters and vehicles. But I haven't drawn a car, or truck, or tank, or a plane for a really long time.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 pm

My teacher always says, if you are bad at drawing something then that is even more reason to draw it. At least that is what my teacher says. I just thought it might be good advise. I did not mean to criticise or anything.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 am

I love her armor.

Hmm, Minnie looks a bit older?

Very interesting, I'm looking forward to reading your story c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Sigment » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 am

This is awesome. She looks like a young general (which, in anime, happens a lot).

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 am

Blood Lord wrote:I was actually thinking on the symmetricalness of it, especially the top. An idea I had early on to have the Grim skull on one of the shoulder plates instead of as a brooch.

I kinda like the skull brooch the way it is now. It's very reminiscent of her original human look in the comic. I was thinking just make the left shoulder armor a bit bigger, and more reinforced. I was also thinking about adding a simple strap across her chest. The midsection seems a little barren imo.

Blood Lord wrote:I am terrible at doing it. The only thing I'm remotely good at is characters and vehicles. But I haven't drawn a car, or truck, or tank, or a plane for a really long time.

That's funny because I'm kind of the exact opposite. When it comes to characters, I suck ass. However, back in high school, I could draw some pretty decent backgrounds and landscapes. But it's been a years since I've tried to draw anything.

Re: Guardian Gate Developments.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Blordy on the DA wrote:This is just me getting some practice on drawing hands. Hands are probably the thing I have the most difficultly with when it comes to drawing so I spent a lot of time understanding the hand, its movement, and working on some of its interesting shapes. also experimented with shading here and there. I was using my big notebook (11x14) so it didn't fit well on the scanner and I used a camera to get this instead. Because of that, the shading doesn't come out the greatest.

I think I've gotten better at doing hands, looking from left to right. I've been working at arms, but I really miss drawing people. So I might forget the program I had established and jump straight into drawing the figure.
Mercypostle

Re: Guardian Gate Developments - Doing some "Hands on" work.

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:47 am

Those are some nice hand studies.

Based on the Minnie drawing, I would say you need some work on gesture though, she looks stiff. I think this may help. I'm going through it to work on my gesture as well.

Previous

Return to Art