Thy Obsessive freak's artwork (Update 26/06/14)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Thy Obsessive freak's artwork (Back from the Hospital)

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Seriously, GrimlyLoveGunner, you do enough for me as it is. If I need someone though, I could probably get Sigment, just have to get him to owe me by looking like I saved his life and then he'll owe me to do one himself. Sure he's a learning artist, but heck some of these comics would just be great being told even if they did look lousy, they'd probably turn great over time and constant improvement (Heck look at The story of Mizuka. In my opinion started out like such a trainwreck). So yeah, might as well get that bus just in case I resort to that. Then there's also probably someone else out there that could help me.

I was wondering how to fix the frickin' legs! But thanks Sigment and GrimlyLoveGunner for the other point out.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Re: Thy Obsessive freak's artwork (Update 15/06/14)

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Next page finished.

Now this one's pretty much personal.

Summary: This is my first ambitious idea eva! Well, one with an actual story and structure (Ideas before were daydreams that had no real story going on besides just a character being really awesome). Chitso Samake as it was called and was written for the Nano competition back in 2006 (Yes, that long ago). Originally it was to tell the story of a magical ninja possessed by a demon... But inconveniently (Or more conveniently in time just before I writ the idea now), Naruto came to the UK had had 'alot' of similar ideas. So it was rehauled a lot to revolve around someone who had awoken with Amnesia, but soon finds out he's a water element (Hey! the idea wasn't so overkilled at the time, especially in the UK) who belongs to an Elemental guild known as the Ossuka Empire guild, who happens to be good friends with a mooch elemental who his guild hates. To make things more complicate he has a curse that was meant to have killed him, he got the curse by a long ago lover he broke up with, her lover didn't mean to, she just didn't know she was apart of a race that instinctively sets curses on people when they reject them and he got half cursed because he did it the other way around (It's meant to be that he rejects him, not that he rejects her). The make matters worse, because he's the only known person to have survived the curse, he's valued on the bounty hunter market (Elementals aren't protected by the government, the government leaves it the the guilds they're apart of to be responsible for them) so he can be subjected to inhumane research and general mad people.
So that gets the background out of the way, what happens throughout the story is that whilst Chitso Samake tries to find out why he has amnesia and why awoke in the water, he also finds out his lover has returned to his domain (After having to leave for racial reasons) and can undo the curse by getting back together, he also has to learn to get use to be hunting constantly again as well as figure out why odd and inconvenient things have been happening like the bounty on his head increasing.
Themes: Chitso Samake is a... What's it called again? A tale to adulthood or something like that. Either way it focuses on Teenage themes (Do love teenagers.... I know creepy), romance, friendship and dealing with the tough things in life really.
Strengths Chitso Samake was always popular amongst my friends (Until some just drifted apart and some just don't have time to read anymore), I wrote several books of Chitso, one friend even tried very hard to edit it (He's done the highest one English course you can achieve now) so it could be published. I wouldn't recommend asking to read it though, my writing was atrocious and probably broke every English rule imaginable, constantly, honestly don't know how my friends could like it but they did. I even writ a screenplay and sent it to an award winning screenplay writer who even praised it, besides the fact that I had disregarded the Three Acts by accident (Reason why I didn't advance with the screenplay was because I somehow lost it, even though I had several copies, like I got locked out of my email account, computer brokedown and Fivesprocket shutted down, it was as if it was never meant to be) and found the theme of Going to adulthood amazing and unique. Overall Chitso Samake was creative with great amounts of action and has received the most amount of feedback I've ever gotten.
Weaknesses Ideas have either gotten stale or overdone. Like elementals... no thanks to Avatar the Last Airbender, grr. Swear everyone thought I was inspired by Avatar, stories nothing like Avatar! Just that both had people who could control specific elements! I could change that, but heck I just feel it was damage the identity of Chitso Samake too much. So yes an old identity that might not hold up.
Likehood of being turned into a comic: Pretty good. As mentioned by the Awarded screenplay writer, only weakness in his opinion was the disregard for the Three acts and wasn't sure if I did the dub dialogue on purpose. But wait until I go through the rest of my ideas.

An obsessed freak

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:23 am

An obsessed freak

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:39 pm

The kids' arms and legs look a little short, but I can't tell if they're supposed to be a little bent or not. Either way, good pages, man. Liked Metsu's expression in the last panel.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Darn it. Thanks anyways Sigment.

Anyways, might be familiar with this one, I drew a pic of this for the Snafu art contest and have drawn it another picture for it to be talked about. The Last Hero Returns.

Summary: The Last Hero Returns takes place during the Peace of Nicias which was during the midst of the Peloponnesian war, but has been heavily crossed with fantasy and myth, both invented and that of Ancient Greek mythology. As Greek is ravaged by the aftermath of war and consumed with another war growing that divides it, it threatens to destroy itself. During this a man finds himself awoken back to life from the sea with no memory (Yeah, like Chitso kind of embarrassing, but hey, both have good reasons why they wake up in the sea and have amnesia) and with incredible human abilities by a masked woman. While she seems to disdain him, she has need of him and the man finds himself on quest to become the first person to be classed as a hero in Greece for a long time, a man willing to fight great evils for any Greek man, no matter was City-state. On his way he brings together the most unlikely party perhaps ever seen in Greece, all while gathering the attention of a group of followers that worship the dark gods who feed on the self-destruction of Greece.
Theme: As you can tell this story revolves around good old fashion war themes that include vengeance, forgiveness and the evil that profit from war. So yeah, probably some cliche themes, but I would imagine this story being carried by the characters and the story itself as it does blend in with Greek myths and the mystery involved.
Strengths: As mentioned the characters and stories I think are the strengths. For one, when I showed some of the written story to someone he got me to tell the progress for it and it highlighted that for every action he did, there'd be a greater obstacle, things never got easy for him and it was straining him but kept evolving to defeat each challenge, which is something you do just want for your main character in Shonen stories. There are also mysteries that I can imagine people getting invested in, like the masked woman and her intentions. I also think the villains in this is the most colourful group I've created. The woman you see in the drawing for example is actually a Helot who wants vengeance against the Spartans and has sort of a simple and I would argue powerful back story to it. It is also my second most relevant story that people wouldn't have to get use to or read up on. (First being Pride and Feminism).
Weaknesses: Problem with this story, is that it's probably the most complicated one (I have a far more complicated story, but that's because of the world and science), it evolves into several sub-plots and has so much politics involved as it tries to the third war that took part in the Peloponnesian war (The war was actually three wars, just like the Hundred years war was actually several wars). It also has that common historical adaption problem that it's very loose, it keeps true to the key things, but things like the timeline is insanely a lot shorter, it has fictionally involved characters and have course the really huge fantasy elements that have been added. It may also suffer the ill that it has too many characters, but hey, this is meant to be shonen and shonen's always had that problem.
Likehood of being turned into a comic: Good. While it seems to have a lot of problems, a lot of them have been fixed that I think they shouldn't be too bad now. It's also my most seond basic Shonen one (Chitso Samake being the first), what with all the characters, motivations and shonen like villains. So not as good as Chitos Samake, but better than Pride and Feminism.

An obsessed freak

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:25 pm

I was wondering where that was from. I originally thought that it was a bunch of Magicborn without armor.

The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Since my poor sad Be My Angel FOP doujin is still in the scripting stages, (Ooooops) And I'm only really doing Storyboard & Coloring of Freaky Nick- I was gonna put up ideas for a bunch of fast-paced B&W crossover fancomics to make in the meantime.

Maybe I'll make the descriptions longer like you have, but if I do you have to help me decide which one I do first! XD

No one else CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARES *Angstz*

I always wanted to ask you about Chitso Samake. It sounds lovely. Too bad elemental-themed stories have become almost cliché.

The only thing I've done that I think comes close to how much you did with it was some of my old Naruto fanfics. Almost four hundred pages of AU Akatsuki angst! Ridiculous amounts of backstory I hinted at for a prequel I never made! Grammar doez not exsist in tat realm!

In my first one I seriously decided on the final plot twist -in the chapter it happened in- XD

Since I mostly do fanfiction and at that enjoy doing it more, I could only publish if I went the E.L. James route and renamed all the characters. XD

Fifty Shades of Grey was a Twilight fanfic? It's so obvious once you know it!

Anyway- as for the legs on the kids- yeah, I have trouble drawing characters of different heights correctly. It's really something you gotta decide early on and then draw all the characters next to eachother, and then ontop of that remember the proportions of them all. >.>

Ack, I'm antsy on what's going to happen to Rena! RENAAAAA! Y CAN'T U B HAPPY?

IS IT DHAREM MENOPAUSE? IS THAT IT? NUUUUUUU!
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks, GrimlyLoveGunner and Sigment. Always great to have your replies. Especially when I need them. Sorry but I've had a terrible day and could use something positive (Anything really) and good that I have those to counted on for a some brightness.

But trust me GrimlyLoveGunner, others do care, just that one, it's difficult to get a comic some attention.

First few chapters of Chitso Samake (v4, re-written the first three chapters four times) are in the literature thread.

Anyways, next page, onto a new scene really.

An obsessed freak

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

And also next idea. This one being my most complicated one yet.

Summary: Taking place in an extremely fantasy world. There exist three races, Good, Evil and Neutral. Good are beings that look human but with white skin that also try to build societies and a civilization. There are then the Evil beings born in a variety of nightmarish forms who simply destroy. Then there are the Neutrals who again, look like us, but with grey skin but can sometimes have very bizarre and weird forms.
Good and Evil have always been deadlock in a stalemate war, but now Evil is beginning to win. A neutral named Scorphenia has abandoned her neutrality when she is convinced that Evil does not need Good for Evil to exist and that after the Evil win, they will come for them. She has therefore joined the Good side. She is then pretty much Tarzan introduced to New York as she is bewildered by the advanced city and how Good is not so Good as it is embroiled by politics and discrimination, especially against the beings called the manufactured (Beings built by the Sub-Good race known as the Firms to serve roles in society, almost like robots really).
While there is little she can do by just adding her strength to war, she begins to unravel a plot that will destroy Good if she does not stop it in time.
Themes: Obviously discrimination (Discrimination is such a common theme, especially in Shonen), as well as hopefully giving thought to how something is Good and Evil and also corruption and as well as Fatherhood (Manufactured call their masters fathers and mothers, being that they require being raised from infancy)
Strengths: I think it's great that something so creative and actionpack revolves around fatherhood and it's also just really creative, really it's my most creative idea yet I say, what with the civilization and races, yes kind of basic how they've been put into alignments but I think they huge level of creativity makes up for it. It also has an intricate plot and very high stakes (Been a while since I put thought into a story that involved saving the world)
Weaknesses: As mentioned it's a really complicated idea that risks tons of exposition that makes us forget the story. When I wrote the book as well, there was an insane amount of subplots that had nothing to do with each other, especially the main story, there was no focus really, but most of those subplots have been thrown out or been made relevant towards the story.
Likehood of being turned into a comic: Not good, better than Pride and Feminism, but far from Chitso Samake. Reason why is because of all the designing that would be needed, having to make the complicated structures and races and all the colours needed. Making this comic myself would be such a git to make, guh! Why can't life be simple. Be better off just re-writing it as a novel instead really, but worth a shot seeing if anyone would be willing to help (Not you GrimlyLoveGunner and Stooie!! you do plenty enough help with my comics as it is and I think this one would be quite a strain on you both to help with. Better I had someone like Sigment suffer after I pretend to save his life) or if someone truly had faith in this or had a good point I hadn't thought of.

An obsessed freak

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 am

The closeups you've been doing on each face look great c:
(Zyuu's sorry face from previous page in this thread is my favorite one (he's so cute!))

Ohh, so this is where the story is going. Can't wait for more!

Also I hope you're doing well and that your days get better soon!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:34 pm

My head is ponding and there's an evil light glare on the librarys computer monitor that seems to be constantly being moved but won't move for me! Can't.... focus....

I rlyrly like that new poster-idea thing. It's pretty. Though the main girl kinda looks like Kunaga as a ninja. XD

As for the pages- oooooooooh~ WAT A TWIZT! 8D

XD Haha, the magicborn guy looks like a hamster. Are his eyes supposed to be glowing? Or are those markings? Glowing would work better with a wavy translucent effect, but markings are interesting.

Is it sadistically pessimistic for me to predict his death?

Poor Daddy-Mizu. XD
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Wooow real long time since I posted anything. But got busy due to cancer and needing to get Chemo and really all that stuff, so yes, been very, depressingly busy.

And wow, your title is gold Cerculean... Did you just turn into a Super saiyan? Or did you find some chaos emeralds lying somewhere.

Yeah that's because Kunaga's was actually recycled from Scorphenia. I thought because Forgotten dreams went terrible, storywise, that Scorphenia would never see the light of day again, so instead of just abandoning her entirely, I had Kunaga inherit her hair style, which is why Kunaga has a really cartonish hair style L:D

Thanks anyways guys.

And that concludes chapter 5!! Been ages since I concluded a chapter.

Summary: So yeah Anarchy's Will has gone around a lot of changes, but now I'm finally turning around to what I'm most comfortable at. Anarchy's Will takes place in a world, where the Brundasia Republic lost three-quarters of it's army during a military disaster. They have no near possible way to replenish their strength in time except for drinking the Blood of Enochi, the God of Guilt, but people who do so have a chance of becoming mad or ruptured asunder by the power that is gift upon them. As the senate discusses, none can find any possible way of getting men to take up this cause, except for one Senator. Leonard Vandorf who then suggests for women to become Godlikes. This leads to outburst to an extremely suspicious and sexist society, but with no other solution, the give into this proposal, on the condition that Leonard raises the regiment himself in a highly competitive army, where rank is attained through contests and achievements and the most respected regiments are the ones with most glory and winner of events.
As handful of women join the cause for the own reasons, two in particular who are almost counter opposites also join. Abigial, a girl who always repelled against the Patriarchal society that split her from her own family and only wants gender equality. Then there is Wendy, brought up to be an obedient wife, the marriage she was almost unprepared for was a symmetrical relationship as she married to one of the few men like him and experienced love. However, her husband died during the military disaster and wanting to honour his death, she is willing to die for the Brundasia Republic just as he did. These two girls will find their beliefs collide and the competitive military and strong views of politics will not help that. But their real enemy, will be Leonard Vandorf, who is hiding the true reasons to why women have become permitted to become Godlikes.
Themes: Themes include war, Marxism, sexism, feminism (Obviously), rivalry, love, trauma and family, so yeah this one probably has one of my biggest themes yet, but there you have it.
Strengths Feminism is a very relevant subject today. Although most sexist problems have been resolved, you can't turn your head away from a Radical feminist trying to drown you with her views and especially common belief that all feminists are man-haters (They're not really, especially if you learn sociology and are open to feminism, they're simply trying to understand why there's unequal power between genders and... a lot of points to biological things, like men having upper body strength, except ones like Marxist Feminist and Liberal Feminists). The story also has three main characters that it revolves around (Although ones a villain that has the least relationship between the two) which makes it unique and hopefully interesting. It's also inspired a lot by Psychology and Sociology.
Weaknesses Very controversial. I've shared this idea before and people think this is going to be a man-hating story, I swear it's not as the story simply tries to understand the mygonist Brundasia republic and unveils the superstition and Conservative extremists, but obviously me arguing probably doesn't help much. It's also gotten criticism for me trying to make it a Shonen, when it's more like Seinen. Trust me, I'm a lot more better at working with Shonen that it's better if I turning it into something I'm good at rather than what it more seems like.
Likehood of being turned into a comic Mild, Chitso Samake and The Last Hero turns still take the lead, but it's above Feminism and Dignity and Forgotten dreams. The reason why is because this will require drawing lotz of characters, which can be fatiguing and the story itself is still going through drastic changes each time as I change it from being more Seinen like to more Shonen like.

An obsessed freak

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Okay... might have kind of rushed this one, but couldn't be help, it was only a Stuff you want to know after all, so no need for effort I guess... It was good practice though.

An obsessed freak

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:28 pm

An obsessed freak

Re: Thy Obsessive freak's artwork (Update 26/06/14)

Postby Sigment » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Dunno if you wanted it to be obvious or not who's the client, but... it is. 'Course, that's not to say it's a bad page. Nice bit of drama. Good job, man.

The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:47 pm

DRAHAMA.

Fightscene? I'VE BEEN WAITIN. DAMMIT. We haven't seen a real one since they first found Kunaga!

I keep wondering what the red-guy-who-isn't-a-daemon-just-a-supar-powered-blonde-dude-I-can't-remember-his-name is gonna do.

Le Suspense!

Kappa! XDDDDD

Hahaha, the fish guy on TV found out they were just fishes with rly big mouths. XDDDDD.

I couldn't stand using guidelines and measuring proportions when I was younger. All the little scratches were an eyesore and distracting and I generally didn't ink and just left things sketches anyway. But once I got serious about using them and using them right, the difference was so magnificent that it's the first thing I recommend when someone's having problems with things.

It's also tasking and difficult to remember how to think in 3D, all the time. XD But if you keep doing it and draw a lot, some proffessionals can get used to drawing quickly and efficiently without any guidelines! But you need to have experience with lots of different art and types of action before you can build up that kind of vision and memory.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks guys and certainly a while since ye commented Sigment.

Anyways yeah, obvious and yeah, drama effect... Was also not well at the time and wanted to save time by not having to make her whole head so laziness in there as well.

Also as you can see, started putting more lines on my character, why? As a crutch for now to help with shadow placement, I think it also helps make the character's look more 3D, but I think once I've just the lines for a while, might get to a point where I don't need them, why? Because I dislike detail and this adds a lot of unnessecary and yucky detail, but can't argue with the benefits.

An obsessed freak

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Was that meant to be a question or a statement? Either way, I guess we'll see who he's talking to later. I find it interesting how you drew his cheeks in the last panel. Not sure if he's supposed to have been losing weight or something, but that skinny a cheek usually strikes me as something you'd see with someone that's malnourished.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:26 pm

*you're
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Bad Dragon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:45 am

I'm guessing you're going for an angular face look yes? I think if you used less shadow it would give him more of that angular look rather than it looking close to like his cheeks are unhealthily sunken in. Basically rely more on the line and a little bit of shadow than extending the shadow all the was to the edge of his face.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks Bad Dragon, that might just fix things really when thinking about it, I'll give that a go next time.

An obsessed freak

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Balalaika wrote:*you're

Don't ignore me, Freak. You messed up with the grammar in your last page.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:59 pm

And what made you think I was ignoring you.

An obsessed freak

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Lack of response.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:12 pm

I'll keep in mind to respond next time. Thanks for pointing it out.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There we go. See, this is a nice, polite way to respond to someone. I encourage you to address people this way more often.

An obsessed freak

PreviousNext

Return to Art