Obsessive freak's artwork - RIP

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Thy Obsessive freak's artwork (Update 26/06/14)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Thy Obsessive Freak wrote:I'll keep in mind to respond next time. Thanks for pointing it out.

Great idea. Good luck with the rest.

I look forward to the continuation of your comic.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby stooie74 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

I can tell that your faces are improving, keep it up! :D

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm

stooie74 wrote:I can tell that your faces are improving, keep it up! :D

Thanks Stooie74.

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Holy crap is it just my computer monitor or has everything suddenly got really pretty? D8

THE COLORING, OMG YES. 8D

I like the extra lines on Mizuka. It makes him look older when he very much is meant to be. 8D
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks GrimlyLoveGunner, got some real great help from a friend I found who just gave me quite a bit of advice. Looks it turned out to be quite the hefty advice. Still working on the angular lines though (As they're apparently called by Bad Dragon, sorry, but I just used these things to guide my shadow, turns out they're too valuable to the success of the drawing)

Final idea that I'm consider to try and turn into the comic (This way I'll have three comics going on at once... excellent, but guh)

Summary: Originally called my Dad the Superhero, but may change the title as the focus will have changed from revolving around the Dad Superhero, real name, John Bowler (Yeah it's not inconspicuous). The idea was born when I was having a tough time remembering the names of the attachment theorists, I decided on creating a superhero story. The plot immediately changed when I considered how it must be difficult for Superheroes to be parents, considering they have to keep up a secret identity and that secret identity consists of a job, sleep and personal time, where as a superhero, well yeah. Admittingly the idea isn't fresh and has been imagined in other scenarios, Dexter for example (Funnily enough that's him trying to balance being a serial killer, Dexter Morgan and other identities as it hammers in during the series) and of course you have Reed Richards and I bet Peter Park has a son now, where he's trying to be both Spider-Man, dad, husband, news photographer and student (Sorry I don't read the comics, but have an idea that it will always focus on Spider-man balancing his dual life). Nonetheless the idea is fun and I think having a superhero story based on the Attachment theories is even more fun.
So explanation out of the way that I just wanted to share, the story revolves around your generic super powered person with flight, super-strength and super-speed with power to conjure energy and fire it and telekinesis. Yeah he's the generic overpowered hero, but he's not perfect (Who is... doubt Superman is). Thing is though he's a single Father, his wife disappeared and he has never had any leads to what happened to her, but has guessed it had something to do with his Arch Nemesis, Lady Deprivation (Yeah I've named the Super villain and not the Superhero). Ever since he's struggled to balance his life and has sadly put his triple daughters at the end of his list, leaving them to carers, most recently former super heroine, Armoured Princess, real name Mary Pinsworth, niece of John Bowler. He sadly believes that the attachment they need is their mother and the only way he can truly make his children happy is if he finds her, but has failed to do so for 8yrs, never given up though.
Due to multiple non-secure attachments, the girls have suffer from symptoms of neglect; Low-self-esteem, sensitive and depression, each one strong in the other, having trouble at school because of it, getting bullied, doing bad at work and not having any friends. However each of them suddenly inherit their Dad's superpowers early. It turns out that his powers were split between them hence they were able to grow faster. This presents a problem as not only does he have three girls who have to start learning how to use them responsibly, but the World Hero Organisation, a league John was once the leader of (But abandoned it to dedicate his time to finding his wife) come to enact one of his placed acts that if a child doesn't learn to use his super powers responsibility on his own, the league will step in and in a child protector dealing with ordinary neglectful sort of fashion. John Bowler finally dedicates time to them with the help of Mary Pinsworth taking up as Armoured Princess again and tries to learn to be a father only just now and realizing the damages he's done as well as deal with on rising super villain looking for new recruits. (Phew sorry for the long summary, but I just really wanted to share.)
Themes: Attachment theory, family, superhero (It'll still involve plenty of Shonen elements, if not more than the superhero side), neglect, child protection, vengeance and child development.
Strengths: I think it's strong and relevant theme will be the strength, the fact that child abuse is still very relevant and I guess happens to all of us at some point. I think also it has quite a bit drama and hopefully as well comedy and even more hopefully a balance between deep and light in the story. It's daring really, it's got a lot more gambling on it considering it doesn't have my usual creative level (Like generic over powered super hero and have characters with rip off names of Attachment theorists).
Weakness As mentioned daring and not usual creativity. It's also planned to be more of Shonen-like than what would more comfortably be Western-comic like, but that's because I'm playing more towards my strength than going with the river. It also runs the risk being to preachy, which I will be avoiding, even though the theme and message is what makes the story, I hope not to have it in your face or massive opinion on how others should raise your kids, it will be more aimed at trying to relate than tell.
Likehood of being turned into a comic: Pretty good. It's held back because of the shonen desire and would probably need a lot more background and perspective than the other comics as well as getting five revolved around characters right. But I think I would have more fun telling this story more than the others, it would certainly be my favourite to write if an artist offered to do the art.

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Rena looks real pretty in that side panel, You're doin' something good but I can't figure out what it is. XD

That superhero comic sounds amazing. D8 It's like a really sad version of The Incredibles. Which I'm sure you don't want to hear since your main concern for it was creativity, but I really like it. 8D

Trying... not.... to offer... to do.... art... again... I'm behind on enough stuff as it is. XDDDD

Unhealthy.... need.... to please people...... cdfawpobfapwbeawpeifapwnoa;lswnertfpawrbapwoireknwagzpoiewbsnprowasnbrapwret
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Trust me GrimlyLoveGunner, you do enough for me, I don't need you to do anything else besides what you're already doing at the moment (Imagine the favour I'd owe, I'm too big a jerk and egotistical to be owing some of that kind of magnitude)

But yes, I'm hoping for the story to be like the Incredibles in terms of humour and feel but more daring with the drama, so can't blame you for finding the two alike.

And yeah, neither can I. I just draw Rena like I always draw Rena... Except I've changed her fringe to be more realistic. I held onto the cartoony silly one, but had to give it that it was just silly.

Anyways.

An obsessed freak

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:14 pm

And wow, your title is gold Cerculean

Ahahaha yea it was quite the pleasant surprise for me too c:

It's nice to see that Zyuu has friends in his room. They're a bit rough, it seems, but still nice c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Hmm. This page is a little bit better, but I find many of the panels to be... well, dull in design. Everything is so boxy. Not necessarily the art, although efforts can be done to make the characters look less flat and more three dimensional. Everything is very... square, rectangular. There is very little roundness. Also, you add shading under the hair, it gives a better impression of being three dimensional, instead of just sticking to the face. But I'm getting more into the art and I want to save that for later.

Now the point I was trying to get at was the presentation. All the panels are blocky. There are very few that offer a different lines and geometric shapes. In fact, it feels like you are using a standard template and erasing lines that just don't match up very well. For example, I'm sure if I took enough time to put this recent page and the last page together, that single divider going horizontally would match up perfectly with the first one in the last page. Try something different, experiment with slanted panels, overlapping ones, none at all, etc. The site's comics can be a good source of page layout ideas, as well as manga pages. Google would probably help out too for quick searches instead of lengthy researching opertunities, if you don't have the time.

Different angles could help too. Tell me, how do you plan these pages out, if you do any planing at all? Do you sketch a couple of thumbnails out on different layouts for a page, including camera shot angels? Or do you just go with the wind and make it up as you are drawing?

Now the art. Its difficult for me to class what style you are aiming for, but I'm going to go within the "anime/manga" realm. More research and time out drawing and practicing would be an big help. As stated before, it does share a box like quality to it, but I find everything to be rather stiff and flat. I understand that some of this is due to the armor, of course, but even then it comes off as being... well, hmm... cheap? I can't find the right word at the moment. I'll come back to this later and hopefully have something for you.

Studying the basics of three dimensional shapes, and body layout would be helpful for you. Like this bearded dude, that mid section is way too small, and dem shoulders, his armor does not BS how wide they are. Also focus on things like the hands, eyes, and angles of the face/body.

I also find the overall choice of design - architecture, clothing, armor, room design, character looks, to be flat and unoriginal. There's nothing cool or ornate. There's nothing inspiring, just seems like you rushed it.

Others might say you are improving, probably are, but I don't see any big improvements in comparison with this recent page and your first page. Armor has a partially uncoordinated shine, maybe?

EDIT: And the print is more legible and not tiny.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Um.... Also, look into different fonts other than Comic Sans. I didn't pay much attention in my typography class to claim I know what I'm talking about but my tutor did refer to comic sans as the herpes of type faces so that can't be good.
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 pm

So, unbelievably... tired. Sorry, but this morning was just bad, might have to even go to Accident and Emergencies again... don't want to do that... They might ambush me with that evil carnal thing again... It's evil.

ari-6 wrote:Um.... Also, look into different fonts other than Comic Sans. I didn't pay much attention in my typography class to claim I know what I'm talking about but my tutor did refer to comic sans as the herpes of type faces so that can't be good.

Darn it! I personally really enjoyed the Comic Sans font and you're saying I have to change it? Or at least your tutor is. I'd pray what he's saying is bull crud, but I'll trust you on this Ari-6 and experiment with different fonts, not that I'll be happy that I'm having to change fonts after 383+pages.

An obsessed freak

Postby Sigmas » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:23 pm

This page seems a bit more simple than most of the pages so far. If you're tired, than you should rest for a while., get what you need to feel better before drawing the next page. There's no need to push yourself so hard.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:24 pm

EDIT 3: Good luck with your art, Freak. Hope it goes well. Don't try and beat yourself up with it, draw when you feel good so your art comes out nice and well too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:28 pm

383+ pages?! Wow I wish I was that dedicated. I have been far too lazy for a long time now.

Unfortunately I don't think it was just my tutor. Making fonts is something he does for a living but also, every time someone from my class sees Comic Sans they point and make an audible noise of being in pain. One time I was out with a group when we spotted a shop with Comic Sans for it's sign and they took a picture of it and put it up on the wall and everyone laughs at it. I had absolutely no interest in fonts so in the past I would have just thought "I'm making a comic: Comic sans" So I just go along with it. Plus there is also searching for comic sans on google.......

Also, I was wondering, is every drawing you do for your comic or do you draw in your spare time?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:53 am

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I was pretty shook up last night. Not that I normally reply until I post a new page.

Anyways, I push myself if I have obsession to push myself... I won't be able to push myself today though because it's Friday and have friends over and hence the next one, which is sort of big (It's 6 panels and has one panel that requires mass amounts of attempt at editing).

ari-6 wrote:383+ pages?! Wow I wish I was that dedicated. I have been far too lazy for a long time now.

It's an obsession.

ari-6 wrote:Unfortunately I don't think it was just my tutor. Making fonts is something he does for a living but also, every time someone from my class sees Comic Sans they point and make an audible noise of being in pain. One time I was out with a group when we spotted a shop with Comic Sans for it's sign and they took a picture of it and put it up on the wall and everyone laughs at it. I had absolutely no interest in fonts so in the past I would have just thought "I'm making a comic: Comic sans" So I just go along with it. Plus there is also searching for comic sans on google.......

Meh, never been with the crowd type, I'm far too arrogant and egotistical to flow with the crowd... Just not enough to ignore a tutor or a friend. But seriously, it's depressing to leave comic sans, I really did enjoy it.

ari-6 wrote:Also, I was wondering, is every drawing you do for your comic or do you draw in your spare time?

Diffidently not. Just that for a while I don't have much strength for any other drawing besides my drawings. Yesterday I started using references again (Yeah, I was pushing myself a lot yesterday). I could show that up here if wanted to show my studying. But yeah I draw other stuff, all for practice, including this comic which is meant to be one real big practice.

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:04 pm

I use comic sans to make it blend in with cartoonish art, I really can't think of a better one to suggest-

Also, Building on what Blord said- I agree with almost all of it. But I know that the reason the panels are blocky are because you had trouble in the beginning with placing them. It's hard for me to dog you on that because I have the same problem with uncreative panels. XD A horizontal line, that's the best I can do. XDDDD

He's right with pacing yourself too, You're never happy when you know you've rushed a page- take your time for when you feel better so you can produce a better page!

And waists, that's it! Sometimes they're too thin. It's hard to tell how much of that effect is caused by armor, but still- they'll look a bit realer if you thicken them up a bit. Mizuka's getting to be an old man, afterall. XD

As for the page itself..... I squealed giddily. XD Dhem little kids playing so innocently. Dress... the dress..... yeeeeees......
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
Also, Building on what Blord said- I agree with almost all of it. But I know that the reason the panels are blocky are because you had trouble in the beginning with placing them. It's hard for me to dog you on that because I have the same problem with uncreative panels. XD A horizontal line, that's the best I can do. XDDDD

Meh, I just never thought about it. Won't be able to show experimentions with it either, I've already got the next dozen pages complete and the ones I have currently, I could digitally, but I took the squares and rectangles as a suggestion from someone who thought it was a good idea until I got the hang of it. I guess I've gotten the hang of it now anyways, but I stuck to squares and rectangles as advice as a beginner.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote: He's right with pacing yourself too, You're never happy when you know you've rushed a page- take your time for when you feel better so you can produce a better page!

I don't rush things. Sure, I push myself, but I don't rush things. What a rude assumption.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote: And waists, that's it! Sometimes they're too thin. It's hard to tell how much of that effect is caused by armor, but still- they'll look a bit realer if you thicken them up a bit. Mizuka's getting to be an old man, afterall. XD

Okay... Might give that a chance.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote: As for the page itself..... I squealed giddily. XD Dhem little kids playing so innocently. Dress... the dress..... yeeeeees......

Thanks, I would've gotten the next page done tonight, but I'm on morphine and really-really tired. You can read about the story in the 'Art corner'

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Right, sry, I was in a rush. XD Generally you leave a note when you pushed yourself to get something finished. But I'm saying that when you're fatigued, you don't generally feel like and sometimes can't even notice some minor things that could be corrected.

I know I can get lazy with coloring, and when I find something wrong that would take a little too much effort to fix, I ignore it. Then I regret it later. That was the point I was trying to make. XD Just don't want you to burn out! XD
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:45 am

I decided that because I haven't posted anything in my art thread for a while and it's been lonely, I'd show some of the practices I was talking about, these were posted weeks ago for another forum to celebrate I'm more confident that I can do realistic references now. Before studying off realism achieved nothing and did nothing for me, I just didn't know how to apply it and had a hard time copying it and just didn't know. But after three years of practice and confident building, I'm getting the hang of it! Really shows how much more important practice is compared to studying, at least for me it is. So yeah, decided to show it to you guys now as well.

To warn, this has been copied and pasted from the other forum, so apologies if it sounds a little weird, but it saved me having to get all the links and give all the explanations. Also know the heads are too short (People keep telling me that whenever I show my sketches), I always head cut in at least one of my comic pages usually because of it. So yeah.

This is what happens when I forgot to break down the body into shapes.
Not really a Dolph Ziggler fan, but I am one of the many who believe he deserves a push. I bet everyone heard that cheer he got back at post-Wrestlemania 2013... That was a bizarre night.

I hear voices inside my head and they're talking to me. But this is what happens when I do remember shapes... Did the head wrong though, but isn't the point just to get the general action that happened? Got to have earned points for that?

John Cena's body felt pretty much like the most contributing one here... I think I forgot to outline the lines with shading pencils though...
Not a John Cena fan though and the image I used was much larger.

I then decided to do some more hand practice and used this artist's hands who just conveniently laid them out in positions I wanted to practice. This guy's a really great tutor though and I'd recommend seeing his tutorials, they're basic but they made things easy for me to understand. His deviant art account is Fyuvix.
Yeah, I was getting real bored of doing all these reference sketching (Realistic stuff, bleh!) and just tired because of the chemo. I'm right now during the time period where I am really most tired. Seriously, I use up a lot of strength just walking from my bedroom to my kitchen! It feels like I ran a lap around my house! So yeah, you'll tell that it started getting lazy and I planned to do more, but just couldn't.

I then recuperated some strength and remember to do female wrestlers as well, because I'm pretty sure girl shoulders are much different to guy shoulders... I picked quite bad ones without thinking though (Well it was hard finding modestly dressed pictures of them posing that I got frustrated). Nonetheless I think I learned a few things... practiced on boobs at least.

Again whilst forgetting to do shapes.
Also realizing I really disproportionate the head horribly. Well I hate drawing realistic faces! It's why I hate realistic art!

Then remembering to do shapes.

One sketch I did was Alicia Fox. I remembered her shoulders are always bare. She also seems to have a really good body for several of my female characters.... except for her really scrawny and wiry arms.

It's clobbering time! CM Punk was actually really fun to do. His tattoos were really handy for outlining his muscle.

Now for my favourite wrestler of all time! Triple H! Get down you're knees and bow down to tha king of games!
Believe it or not I was actually going to use most of Triple H's body for Mizuka. But the number of times I tried I failed embarrassingly. It's like someone on this form claimed (Forgotten his username), referencing is a skill and sadly I hadn't built up the skill yet. I'm thinking though that because I have built up the skill have a year of practice, I may alter Mizuka a bit to match Triple H more... Triple H is a legend.
Here anyways I forgot to put... what's it called again? The gesture line? Action line? Red line? You know the line that works as a guide for the most powerful part of his movement.

I then studied his face to learn how I can apply it to Mizuka.

Also still deciding on what comic to do. I'm right now juggling between My Dad the Superhero, The Last hero returns and Chitso Samake (The first one being in the lead followed by the second). I've written two of the premises in script forums and I plan to do the other one in a prose form (They will be found in my literature thread), it would be excellent if someone could read at least one and give feedback, at least to be supportive as I am struggling which one to go for.

Also appreciate any feedback on the art but to note I am away the heads are small.

An obsessed freak

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Th- those hands. You didn't draw those- I- I don't believe you! They're- They're PERFECT! No, I don't believe you, I refuse. I spend notebooks and notebooks practicing, mine don't look that good- oh gawd, I'm gonna cry. DX

Oh- oh OH! I figured out the shoulder problem! You draw them too horizontal! For people- especially more so with girls- they should be slanted down a bit more. But those pictures you did were great, 8D The muscles look awesome.

Hmmm, I think I liked My Dad the Super Hero as a comic best. It just sounds so cute. Tell u wat. I'll put reading those scripts at the top of my priority list and get back to you on the weekend, M'kay? 8D You gotta do the same thing for me when I post my mini-comic ideas! XD

I have one more poster to line and and color and one that just needs coloring. I'm also doing a short humor-choked test comic. Hoping those might be done by next week. I'm doing all that amongst Freaky Nick things, after all. XD Happy we're getting that going smoothing and you-have-no-idea-OVERJOYED you're feeling better. XD Wishing you well Freak.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks GrimlyLoveGunner, as I said, I got a lot of help from Fyuvix . As said, I recommend looking him up, his lessons are valuable, easy to learn and fast, he is a great online teacher for those who don't time to go through piles of information, he also helped with the referencing and gestures.

Yeah, I keep realizing that girls have slanted shoulders but the reason I don't keep them up is because I always digital art armour over them in Story of Mizuka and really just forget, but the fact I'm doing more practice I'm starting to learn, but The Story of Mizuka's a hindurance as their armour makes their shoulders horizontal. Might change that though.

Also great to count on you. You only have to read the two I've done. I was wanting to at least do My Dad the Super hero today, but it's been a hot day over her and heat just distracts you. But I am a lot better.

But I will read your comic ideas, I have a lot that I owe you.

Glad to hear from you again GrimlyLoveGunner.

An obsessed freak

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 am

Had no idea where to post this, so just decided to post it in my Art thread. But wanted to share that I've still been in Aberdeen hospital.

I've been having ups and downs, but my right leg's started recovering. It's still swollen as heck and an ugly thing thanks to one of the main tumors being right inside my knee (Yeah, to give a hint, you really don't want to have a tumor growing there). But most the pain has started being controlled and I've been able to walk down from my ward (Which is at the top floor) to the hospital cafe twice which is huge progress, I have to hobble though so I'm quite the cripple when you see me. I've told the doctors and they've told be it's a great possibility I can go home now, but they're talking about Radiotherapy first. It doesn't look like I'll need it, I was really hoping it would cut down on the swelling, but it might barely, all it will do it cut down a lot of pain, but again, that's kind of been controlled.

If I do have to stay longer, I'll be staying with my Ma at CLAN house (A resident created by Shetland donations to help make relatives comfortable down in Aberdeen whilst those with cancer are in hospital, people with cancer can also stay there), which will be great as I'll have Wi-fi instead of an unreliable dongle that's almost used up anyways. They'll be discussing it tomorrow.

Besides that my potassium (No idea how you spell it, but bananas are rich in it) is incredibly low, so I'm having to take awful meds to bring it up again because it apparently wouldn't matter how many bananas I ate. Apparently it's causing me to sweat a lot I think and just making me sleep a lot.

Overall I'm keeping up with my sketching, drawing plenty of Triple H, most awesome and egotistical wrestler to stomp his way to the ring and practicing with backgrounds for the Last hero returns, but it's tough drawing on this bed and just how general weak I am, but I've drawn over thirty sketches (Not very good sketches, there's no shading and barely any effort into constructing the bodies I'm referencing, I'm just drawing them instead of blocking them). Hope to start posting my comic and perhaps sketches again when I get back up, rarely hate that I'm not sharing my art just when the art communities started picking up again, want to be apart of it.

An obsessed freak

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm

I have never known anything like what you are talking about. So I find it really hard to empathize with you. But even so, I wanted to say. Perhaps what you are going through now could be considered a crucible. An awful event that happens in our lives, but when we overcome it, we are stronger and it becomes much harder for anything else to get to us ever again because few things can live up to the pain you already went through. At least that is how I see it anyway. Sorry if I said too much.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks Ari-6 what you said help and mean alot.

[Sob return story]
Anyways I've returned, why did I leave? Well my emotions we're getting too far and that my need for attention and got really needy I believe was pushing than pulling more than anything else. I felt I got the cold shoulder from everyone because they were sick of me going on about my illness and trying to beseech help for my art, I got unhappy really that I decided just leave until I got better, have I? No. But the reason I'm back is because I'm no longer as emotional, in fact I'm high, not marijuana high but more out of it high. I'm on so many and high volumes of pain killers that not only is that going to affect my return, my cognitive and perception is going down, my typing has as well, I keep constantly having to retype everything.
Overall sorry to everyone I was being difficult and hard to manage, I also left because I was mad no one was concerned or helping out GrimlyLoveGunner who I told had trouble getting onto this server, makes me worried how far the staff goes to try and help people like her? I had mentioned to a moderator who is good at passing things along. But yeah, sorry for being difficult to handle.

I haven't been isolated though, while this forum couldn't handle another forum and friends came to my aid, comforting me (As you'd expect from my friends) and actually helped and supported me with my artwork. Like seriously someone gave me huge help with the Story of Mizuka. In a couple of pages or so, you will notice a huge difference when it gets back up again and it's been really appreciated. I made me cry when I had people actually help me. Sure it was because of out of sympathy they helped me, but heck they helped me nonetheless and it was to relieving to feel my art was going forward. I hope this forum will be just as supportive as it once was over the other forum use to give so much more better help.

I'm also back in the hospital awaiting radiotherapy. I still can't walk, but I'm hoping I will again after it, problem is that there's a 20% chance it might not work, which cringes me as the radiotherapy is my one-ticket short-cut comfort besides more and more pills with side effects of getting me through this without so much pain.
[Sob story ended]

Still can't get to the scanner without so much pain. But I can't believe it took me this long to remember, but I have an Ipod. Sadly most my sketchbooks I've been working has been left up in Sheltand, so I only have this one where most the recent sketches have been for my main character 'The last hero returns', but have no fear as I'm really needing help. I'm wanting to make in to more muscular manga type. I'm not really concerned about the symmetry right now as I'll be doing the comic digitally which is a lot easier to fix. Proportions and detail to make him look powerful though would help as well as anything else. P.S I only picked out the favourite ones I did.

I decided to do this arm practice as it's in one scene I want to happen. I only just remembered one wrestler loves to do with his arm, but for now I saw I think I could do it with some more practice, but yeah, comments and advice appreciated.

An obsessed freak

PreviousNext

Return to Art