Stuff I Draw - Shoot a Glance!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Stuff I Draw - Shoot a Glance!

Postby Off Topic » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi there!
First topic here and hopefully the first of many! This seems to be a really nifty community and that header with snowflakes makes me go hog wild! I'm glad I've found this place :mrgreen:

So... as the title suggest, I'd like to use the occasion to post some of my stuff here, since I'm kindly allowed to.
Now, what do I have... oh, there!

You could visit my page at DA if you wish!
Here: http://esitoinatteso.deviantart.com/

Right now I can't understand how to upload an image in here because I'm dumb, but when I find out I'll then paste some of my ruff-stuff here ( resized I'd say, since all I have is bigger than 2000x2000!) so you won't have to click the link, see some shit and then wonder whether to complain about it there or in this topic instead... or maybe both! :mrgreen:

I'd really appreciate critiques and comments... say what you want just, please, don't make me cry :'(
Peace!
people always have something kewl and smartass to say as a signature...
.......................................................................................whatever...

Re: Stuff I Draw - Shoot a Glance!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Welcome to Snafu! :D

I took a peek at your gallery, and I really like what you have so far (personal fave would probably be MonoMenu).

As for uploading images to your thread
You have to upload it to an image hosting website. Then take the link (usually called the direct link) provided and insert it between the IMG tags. They look like this ( :down: ), and the link goes in the middle.

Code: Select all
[img][/img]

Some examples of Image Hosting Websites:
Imageshack
Photobucket
Imgur
Deviantart
tinypic

The process to actually upload from Deviantart is a bit different though. Right click on your drawing, then select image info. There should be a link that is already highlighted there. Right click, then select copy. That link is the link you place between the IMG Tags that I mentioned earlier.

Imgur is probably one of the easiest to use, as it gives you the entire code (with the IMG tags already in place). It has a label next to it called BBCode. From there you can just paste that link into your thread.

tinypic doesn't require an account, so if you don't wish to make one, this one is always a good option. After you've uploaded it to tinypic, you should see a section labeled IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards, just copy whatever is in the space below it and paste it in your thread. (The IMG tags are already attached so you don't have to worry about using them either)

I hope that this helps c:
Oh and the forum automatically resizes large images. It's fine to post them here (in your art thread) but keep in mind that it's more polite (and recommended) that you resize large images that you post outside of your thread here.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Return to Art