BurningFlame's Art

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

BurningFlame's Art

Postby BurningFlame » Sun May 09, 2010 4:26 pm

I currently have no pictures to show.
Last edited by BurningFlame on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: BurningFlame's Art

Postby Knight_Lancer » Mon May 10, 2010 12:17 am

Well, first off, the basics...

In terms of drawing people anyway...

Learn the basic proportions of the human body, how big each part is supposed to be in comparison to the whole...

If you'd like, you could go on paintchat (link located in the 1st post of the paintchat thread) and I'd demonstrate such things to you. I'm usually on pretty early in the day though, since I'm on the other side of the world compared to the USA, hahaha.

Postby BurningFlame » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:Well, first off, the basics...

In terms of drawing people anyway...

Learn the basic proportions of the human body, how big each part is supposed to be in comparison to the whole...

If you'd like, you could go on paintchat (link located in the 1st post of the paintchat thread) and I'd demonstrate such things to you. I'm usually on pretty early in the day though, since I'm on the other side of the world compared to the USA, hahaha.

Alright and thank you.

Postby BurningFlame » Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Well I'll just bump this post with a picture i make awhile ago.

EDIT- Image removed.
Last edited by BurningFlame on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri May 14, 2010 10:28 am

On the wayside, how old are you anyway?

Postby BurningFlame » Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:On the wayside, how old are you anyway?

14,why?

EDIT- Uh sorry, I'm not 14.(I'm younger then that. I guess i just wanted to seem older then i really was last year)
Last edited by BurningFlame on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheGreekDollmaker » Fri May 14, 2010 2:44 pm

BurningFlame wrote:
Knight_Lancer wrote:On the wayside, how old are you anyway?

14,why?

It shows...

:3

Lets just say you have a long road of you ahead.
Please check my art thread.

--- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47376 ---

“Offending people is healthy. Every time you say something that’s offensive to another person, you just force them to think.”
— Louis C.K.

Postby akuma616 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:04 am

Now, now. Age is not a definite indicator of artistic skill. While it is true that most younger people aren't as good as their elders, due simply to lack of experience, this forum does contain some spectacular artists who are only 14. As well as some much older artists who are not very good. The question I would say you should be asking is "How long have you been drawing?"

But now to an actual tip or two for the artist. My first suggestion is that you start drawing on something without lines, like printer paper, the lines are distracting and unprofessional. You can also check out some of the tutorials listed under the index thread, I know they've helped me out with some of my own stuff. And then, once you've gotten a little practice with those tutorials, and you really want to get good, get a sketchbook, and do all the steps, over, and over, and over again. Practice everything and fill up that sketchbook. Any time you have a few minutes of free time, doodle in your sketchbook. I think that's really the only way to seriously develop, because practice makes perfect and it's easiest to practice when you have access to materials any time you want.

Postby BurningFlame » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Uh hello everyone. I am back on the forums. So first i just wanted to tell you (even know it was more than a year ago.) that when i was asked of my age, i lied and said 14 when i was really 11. >.< So sorry, i forgot the reason of me lying but i hope you can forgive me.

I haven't made any drawings that i want to post here lately. I'm better with line art now but i like mostly the picture's coloring. What are some ways i can improve?

EDIT- I deleted the image because maybe it's not the best idea to get tips based on an old drawing(Mostly because i improved a lot but currently can't post any pictures). Now this thread has no pictures anymore.
Last edited by BurningFlame on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Mimeme » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:22 am

It's quite good :) There is plenty of room for improvement, so as long as you keep at it you will get better. For starters, you could always pick up an anatomy book (to understand human/creature figures better) and try to draw people and/or still life around you.

Return to Art