Gaia Darkstar's art

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Gaia Darkstar's art

Postby gaiadarkstar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey there. I am pretty new but the more places I post my art the more exposure I can get. I am hoping to get commissions one of these days for actual money but still haven't figured out how to do it. I will probably open up a request thread and avatar thread in case people want my art. Here though I appreciate critiques so feel free to comment on my art.

One of my many characters for one of my novels. she could use some rehabbing in the coloring area but for now I think she looks decent.

Another character. I tend to avoid backgrounds most of the time. I am generally bad at them but mostly cause I can't think of what to draw for them.

Yet another character and a much more recent drawing.

This is the cover of my manga. I am having a crisis of art style right now. I can't decide how best to do it and am still experimenting but this was my original style.

I will leave it at just these pics for now. Look forward to more later.

Re: Gaia Darkstar's art

Postby Coos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Not bad. The first one I'd say is the best. What do you use to draw?

Also I see you're fairly new. Welcome to snafu \o/

Re: Gaia Darkstar's art

Postby gaiadarkstar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 am

Well all of these I hand drew then painted. I think I used Corel painter for most of them but one or two of them might have been photoshop cs4. I use a tablet to paint. I can't believe I ever was uncomfortable with it, now I can't live without it.

BTW it seems like if I want people to request art from me I can post that here and if you want art from me either pm me or go ahead and post it here. I want to eventually get paid for commissions but since I don't have pay pal I have to live with it for now until I figure out how to do it best.
Here I have my commissions meme as examples of the different types of drawings I could do for someone.

for an easier to read version go to here
http://gaiadarkstar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d37oyd8

Return to Art