Darkdemn777 - Really Old Scrap Book

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Darkdemn777 - Really Old Scrap Book

Postby darkdemn777 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:07 am

:mrgreen: Hi, (censored) back again bringing out a few old sketches i did before they got stored in my hidden stash (my ma threw out most of my works cuz she thought i didn't probably need them anymore...) I managed to salvage what was left of that horrible woman's deed... all those 7 years... wasted down the drain. F@#$. Anyways. While crying at my poor babies... i ended up reminiscing those old times when i first made them. Back all the way from Grade 5 all the way to Sr. High. Some of these works of mine are really ancient... and dear to me. Some of the works here are not really old and were left undone because most of the art work and script was thrown out along with my other projects or were not finished. :'( some of the works here are old comic artworks that i did back then and am still doing now but were left undone anyways. Well, that's enough out of me and let's get to the art works then. :mrgreen:

first off: unfinished anime drawings that i kept off in storage... and forgot about it until found later.

there's more but i decided i wouldn't wanna flood one post with more pics so i'll post more separately.
Last edited by darkdemn777 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Really Old Scrap Book

Postby darkdemn777 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:48 am

:grin: and if you wanted to see more anime pics you might have to wait a bit more since i'm trying to segregate the other good pics i made from the bad and damaged ones (the rest were too badly damaged when my ma threw them all in the garbage bin... we had pork roast so don't expect it to be the usual kitchen garbage clutter) I'm also re-drawing the ones that were too horribly stained to be recognized (i even had to scan the wet ones...not a good idea... forgive me if some of the drawings aren't clear) lol well anyways, while scavenging some more, I've found a folder full of my old concept artworks for the projects i've been working on for some time. along with my old notebook and some more clutter. the only thing i'm grateful rather is that my ma didn't throw this along with the dinner roast! :'( anyways...

here's mor pics... concept artworks of some of projs.

and if you're wondering why she's out of proportion at some areas... i must say that this here is my VERY first ink piece. I edited her mouth and nose with paint since they both touched... the original is still with me and i'm still proud of her. she always reminds me... drinking coke and drawing is a bad idea...

the next pieces follow on from the last intermission.

if you want guides for anime eyes... i made some long before but the rest got lost. If u want to use this.. be my guest... it served me well during my hen-.... happy days....

and some more....

my animized friends... guess where i am...

and this concludes today's post until next time of course! ;)

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 pm

holy crap huge sketch dump <.<

A lot of it looks really REALLY good tho! but you make me cry for drawing on lined paper. :'(

However they are really good you should finish more of them!
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby darkdemn777 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

yeah...about the unfinished thing lol

it really was left unfinished :redface:

the photos i've just shared were from my OLD Scrap heap my ma almost thrown out. So basically they were supposed to be finished at some point but i kinda' lost the feeling to finish it. lol

Anyways the ones that WERE finished... i can't show... well cuz i'll be needing it for my projects and all that... if ya'll wanna see it. ya'll should just check out my comics. But sadly most of these comic projects weren't realized since i'm more busier with my life now all thanks to college. I'll try to finish up most of the projects i've started (i started off a ton load and none of them, save for a few, have reached it's final arc.) :redface:

if i do manage to get the time. I'll try my best to get them done with colors. I hear adobe is less of a hassle compared to using actual coloring material, but sadly i have no clue how to use the damn thing. Might probably be several years more before they ACTUALLY come out in the web. Was planning a published comic but i found out later that Web comics are less of a hassle. :)

Oh! lest i forget. about me drawing on lined paper... i casually draw on them since it's really hard for me to get my hands on blank paper since i usually draw when i'm bored (high school classes and the usual lectures were perfect conditions to draw... on my notepads)

I noticed that photobucket also censored 1 pic. well photobucket has rules about nudity but the thing is this model isn't actually naked! god they're such a worry wart. I'll upload a new sample with CLOTHES on so they don't freak out next time sheesh. If you're wondering why nude? well, my sis and i... we don't just make story lines and comics...(well my sis does the writing... i do the drawing)...we both design clothes...for ourselves and our characters. (well my sis is probably the brains in the clothes designs.... i'm just her visual interpreter... :roll: )

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:02 pm

You sir (or ma'am) are my role-model :'D

I love your historical-esque works the most <3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby darkdemn777 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:04 pm

my works mostly center around "what if's" kinda' topics. Like what if God was (yes he is a superior being than us) not as what we'd expect him to be? Like what if he was just a "visitor" who came to study our life here and ended up getting involved in historical affairs which kinda' made him seem like he is what he seems to be. Or what if there was an alternate WW2 or what if there's an infinite alternate universes and etc. One of my long time projects centers around "Aergahnsul", a fictional continent on the planet "Irka Sol", a colony of the Universal Earth Directorate. Here, the planet is left abandoned by the Colonial Fleet when the hyper gate, linking the earth's solar system and Irka Sol's (like a telephone wire) breaks down causing a large influx of space deterioration around the areas where the hyper gate was orbiting (unlike Earth... the Orbital Hypergate was orbiting just around Irka Sol. Earth's Hyper gate was around the Asteroid belt.) 20 years of cultural degradation occured in Irka Sol. People waged wars over limited resources, people fought over racial differences, land ownership was only to the strong and powerful. Feudalism returned. It was then that the ultimate war occured here that nearly wiped off the planet of every life. After the war, much of the war machines have exhausted their remaining reserves and fell silent. Ammo ran out. Fuel ran out. Much of the power went off and advanced civilization ceased. 2000 years have passed. Irka Sol now faces a new era of war. but this one isn't as destructive as the last. This time. the Medieval age has arrived to Irka Sol... and this is where my comic's story comes in.

My works also include conspiracy stories since that's where most of the contraries of what we thought was true come out from. I'm more of an Alex Jones supporter. if you don't know him please support him cuz' he's in deep trouble ever since he "supposedly" helped spread the controversial video of US troops gunning down innocent civilians for fun and for releasing countless videos of government capitalist control.
Please watch his videos. If you think he's another wack job conspiracy theorist... you thought wrong. He's an economist who's studied much of the US affairs over the past years and now he wants everyone to be aware that we're soon becoming close to Orwell's 1984.

lol oh don't mind me... but do watch his vids.

My other works also focus unto "shoujo" stories. but i do this with more hardcore action and less on the sissy romance areas.

I also do work on ordinary school life and supernatural to mystery stories. They're still on the works since i've been busy with college. :redface:

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Ooo~ Alternate realities. I happen to be a fan of them myself since most of my stories tend to be exact copies of history on a different plane xD

I really do hope you turn some of your stories into full fledged comics or books because I'd probably like to read them. They really do look like some stuff I would totally read :x Or at least stare at for long amounts of time.

As for this Alex Jones guy, I'll check his videos out even though I'm not one for controversies. But if you say he's not a conspiracy theorist I'll take your word for it. (Lord knows I've had it up to here with the Illuminati crap circulating my school) I actually do agree America's turning into a 1984-like world. What with all this stuff about internet censorship going on (totally a supporter of Wikileaks btw). Not to mention cameras in school and on the streets and crap. Ridiculous.

I do like Supernatural and mysteries as well :D Especially stories about ghosts, mythos, and murder stories with detectives that are just plain epic.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby darkdemn777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 am

I am currently doing a little side track project (this usual side tracking eventually grows into a full fledged project) from my current one. As a kid I was always fascinated with mythical beasts such as dragons, unicorns, griffins, and the rest. What astounded me rather was that they weren't real. How people began to believe in such fictional creatures with such zeal mesmerized me for some time that i began pondering... why come up with such ridiculous fancies? I learned later that early man (without science) used entities and mythical beasts to explain natural and strange phenomenon around them. They especially came up with deities and spirits as reasons for blessings and harm upon people.

This little project will try to reenact that kind of situation. The aim of the project is to find possible factors which made our ancestors view these said creatures as they are. I'm heavily researching on these from factual data around mythological civilizations around the world to support my view of this theory. I've managed to piece together some likelihood of how the dragon came to existence. Why do the Chinese and other Asian cultures represent their dragon as a large celestial serpentine and worship it? Why did Ancient Europe fear dragons as giant winged reptiles that breath fire and brimstone? Why did the (Incas?/Mayans?) revere a serpent god with a small thin tail and a large head? Why does the representation of the dragon differ from region to region? Well according to my professors in anthropology and history, they believe they must have witnessed an amazing event or phenomenon which must have made them view the dragon as it is (in their region) or perhaps the creature was simply made up for the sake of a bard's tale, an old man's dream, or perhaps made for a tale of a story teller. Perhaps they suppose the man who came up with the dragon's form was either mad or drunk!

I've confirmed that a large comet (i forgot the name) was seen in over 4 major continents around the world thousands of years ago wherein it flew too close to the earth one could actually feel the heat radiating out of it. Perhaps the comet's tail could explain the chinese representation of their serpentine dragon. Desert indians even recall telling the tale of the Celestial Snake. it could also explain why the south american's have a large head and a small tail for their serpent god. The event wherein Europe believed in large reptilian fire breathers must have probably originated near the mediteranean. Greece and Rome are filled with stories surrounding such fancical creatures. the byzantines were feared for their flame throwers which they used primarily for their ships. these flame throwers were attached to the stern of their ships and fitted into a mouth of a dragon (know as well the word "GUN" originated from the word dragon since the "GUN" emits "fire and brimstone" like that of a dragon) the byzantines fought well with these contraptions that they were well used during night attacks. Survivors then believe they were attacked by these creatures which probably explains why stories about such dragons are very strong around European coastal villages and towns. How the Norse came to the belief of them as flying may perhaps be linked to the comet seen. Large body may explain the comet.

Am still continuing my research though and i may have a lead about the legend of the Jersey Devil and the Griffin.

About vampires... our modern view point of them being as they are may have it's roots to the first "Dracula" movie. There is one called Nosferatu but Dracula had a more dramatic effect on the populace. Eastern Europeans believe vampires exist... but they attack them not in the form of a bat but by a floating head with intestines dangling on their neck (i think a drunkard must have thought that up) Others say that a vampire is made from a heavy sinner and that if a cross is shown to him, he flees from the shame he had done against Christ.

Well enough about that... i'll be moving on with the other creatures later on.

Postby Maxgate » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

Lots of pics!!!!
your work really good but some have problem with hand and eye
but it's all good :D
Give me a paper, a pencil, an eraser and a pen, I will show you MY STYLE
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45419
Anyways, I'm not good at English, so, if I make some mistakes, forgive me

Postby darkdemn777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm

your work really good but some have problem with hand and eye
but it's all good :D

...I did mention that these were old you know :unsure:

if you wanna check out my new work... you'll have to wait for my comics to come out (am planning to have it released out in the web when i find the time and resources to)

if not... I might try and post one or two of my new works (i'd prefer not showing them when they're still in development plus i wanna try having them photoshopped since most of my friends suggested it would be better off compared to black and white)

but if it's anime/manga pics or concepts... I could always post more now and then... if time permits (am in college)

am not much of a marvel or DC fan... but there are some titles of theirs that i like and i could draw now and then. ;)

Postby sam1027 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:53 am

Hmmm
Obviously these are awesome pieces~
I shall expect the greatest one when your current project comes out~~
Just always look out for my art fourm~~
DONT WANNA BE AlONE IN MY THREAD teehee~

Snafu: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46720
Devian Art: http://sam1027.deviantart.com/

Postby darkdemn777 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 am

sam1027 wrote:I shall expect the greatest one when your current project comes out~~

Well let's all just hope I DO get this done lol college just got too much out of me and now i'm worried if i'd be able to actually have this comic colored :'( although I like one of Snafu's comics like Ever After... i'm afraid i might leave the project half done! lol and i hate doing a half-assed job. ;) which is why it would probably be done around... 2 or 3 years after I graduate from college.. hopefully that is... got a lot to catch up to. :|

anyways. i have a half dead comic (half dead cuz i'm thinking of continuing a book 3 and 4 or not... the comic is only 2 volumes big) which i might be able to post up in a new THREAD!... hopefully. :? The comics is... practically much of a big comic... of 52 pages. i'll have them inked up and prepped... after my semester ends. The comic is about 5 years old... i made it for my friends who were interested in my works. They were all sketches but they wanted to make a story out of it. ;)

anyways.... i'd best get started now if i have the time to chat in forums like this...

PS.> does anyone know how i can edit the title subject of this thread? I was asked by one of the admins. here to put my name beside my title. Need immediate reply. I don't wanna leave any offenses to this forum. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

Postby sam1027 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 pm

:up:
Hmmmmm I wonder your major is quite relative to your art~
I mean might help if your school is doing pretty much the same with your art~
Well, I am about to change my major so far, and just that I can work on drawing :)

By the way, see the TOP RIGHT CORNER of your first page? Find the button "EDIT" and you will be able to edit the topec~

Re: Darkdemn777 - Really Old Scrap Book

Postby Thiamor » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Next time don't do so many pictures at once. You know how long I had to wait to scroll down till I could read replies? That or if you want so many, post links for the most part if so many. It is a pain having to wait as long as I did.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Riz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 pm

what a stupid thing to complain about, Thiamor. this is an ART THREAD. expect a lot of pictures in it. kbai.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Thiamor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 pm

They don't post just for the fun of posting. They mainly post so people can comment. How the Hell can I view the WHOLE topic if my computer cannot even handle it? Gonna lose a lot of views if they do it like that every time they post pictures. It is smarter if they are gonna so so many images at once, to just leave the links, and post the images to the really important, smaller images.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Riz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:29 pm

GET THE FUCK OVER IT. this thread is so that people can look at a person's art and comment. they come to this forum to look at pretty pictures and comment on them, not to look at a wall of links that look too daunting to sift through.

I guess I should comment on the person's art so here: a lot of it looks traced but just take that as a compliment if you didn't trace.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby darkdemn777 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Hey, Merry Christmas everybody! (belated anyways) and a Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

Before I can give you an update of the comics i've prepared (I got a friend who's willing to adobe my works!), I'd like to thank sam1027 for giving me help in changing the subject title. And sadly about my majors... I'm a finance student... which is the irony since I told the registrar that I wanna go into "Fine Arts" but she thought I meant "Finance" (ˈfaɪ.næns). Anyways, can't go out now or else my dad's gonna kill me.

And to Thiamor, I appreciate your concern in regards to the massive upload of my works in this thread which makes scrolling much of an eyesore and I apologize for it... I was a little inconsiderate for viewers with low internet connectivity or low system specs... once again I humbly apologize...sorry...:unsure: ...But I did have my reasons for it. If you went to other threads, you'd notice that scrolling through the commentaries and the subject message won't be much of a mess thanks to the links the artists put on for viewers to see their works in other sites. Here's the thing, I didn't like the idea of using another site to view peoples' works (well for me, I'd almost end up not seeing their works cuz they just end up either as "image" or "incompatibility issues errors"); I thought if i could upload my works (i thought they'd be small) into a picturehosting site and send the images straight to snafu, I can save people the trouble of viewing my works in a 3rd party website. :)

Okay now that that's said, comic update... okay more like updates. :D
>My friend said that I can save the trouble of inking since adobe can adjust the depth and darkness to the contrast and brightness of my sketches' outlines. In other words, I can work on more of my major projects!
>Since that good news, I've scavenged the deepest recesses of my scrap heap and found several titles possibly ready for photoshop! Now I know I might be imposing a lot on my friend's generous offer so I'll be learning from him as he works with my projects. I just hope he doesn't get another job assignment anytime soon! :| well, not like I was hoping for it. lol
>Because of the many titles I had, I had to go over them since I've already forgotten most of the plot and story... and all the more the art styles (for each title, I use a different art style to give uniqueness and originality to each comic) Well,the good news with this is that I might probably be releasing more new content easily and it won't probably take years for me to think about... cuz i've spent those years thinking during my classes back in high school :mrgreen:.
>I found an article (well it's an old one) which guides the reader in steps on making a website. I dunno the schematics and the likes of it but I got an I.T. buddy willing to pass the time for a hobby.
>while waiting for my friend to finish off one of the projects, I've been hell bent on inking one of my old titles. I kinda' lost my paint brush and crayons aren't really much of an option for me so I've substituted both for a watercolor pencils. (like colored pencils but the difference is that you smudge it with water to give it that acryllic look ;) )

well that's about it. My semester will be resuming soon and I'll have to be leaving my works on pause once more. But before I can slunk off to my dead living space... I got a few genres here that I dunno what to start first when the 1st works are done.

The titles along with their genres; I planned on giving a summary of each but I decided to leave it as a surprise :)

1st off;
>Dead Blossoms (the title will be edited later) - supernatural, contemporary fantasy (may or may not add ecchi stuff), seinen, psychological, mystery, uber-violence
>Phase (composed of virtually 11 story arcs - sequels are still planned) - conspiracy, Action, Mecha, Military, SciFi, Seinen, Super Power, Violence, (may have to redo the mature content)
>Crossroads (you can see a pic of the project above with the same name) - academy life, love-comedy, high school slap-stick drama, random
>Guardian Knight (a pic is available above and the name will be changed the other way, Knight Guardian) - Fantasy, School life, Seinen, Comedy, action, drama, plot twisters
>Soul Maiden (pic is above and this is more of a girls' themed comic) - Action, Coming of Age, Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Love Polygon, Magic, Romance, Shoujo
>Pure Heart Maiden (a pic is available above - this was a prototype of Soul Maiden but after I read the contents of it, I decided to make it an independent project from it's predecessor so the title will be changed. Story won't be altered since the content doesn't affect the story of Soul maiden) - Action, Coming of Age, Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Love Polygon, Magic, Mystery, Supernatural, Romance, Shoujo, adventure
>Willby's Journal (pic is found above, title will be changed later) - action, violence, uber-conspiracy, sci-fi, WW 2 twister, adventure, mystery, supernatural, plot twister
>Black Lists (pic available above) - Detective, Shounen, Thriller, Violence, adventure, plot twister
>ManServant (pic is above - name will change...probably?) - Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen/Shoujo, Super Power, Family-ties
>there's one without a title but the story is original in it's own sense but for now I'll call it "Recyclable" - gender-bender, Action, Comedy, Harem, Love Polygon, Romance, Shounen/Shoujo Drama, Love-comedy, plot twister

Well, of the following titles given, which would you (obviously the reader) want me to start off by the time our 1st project is done? :O

please comment :mrgreen:, I need to plan things out. And thanks in advance :D

Postby darkdemn777 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Lily wrote: I guess I should comment on the person's art so here: a lot of it looks traced but just take that as a compliment if you didn't trace.

Yeah, first off; thanks for commenting on my work as traced lol ! That was the first thing most of my friends said about my works. Here's the deal. If you can find a picture that looks the same as the ones I have (look for anime pics), I want you to compare them. You will see that there's a major difference. :roll:

Look...

Compare this original photo with my work

If you meant by traced as in I traced it off a pencil sketch with a ballpen; well, that I did just to outline the light leaded drawing.
The chobits pick was copied off a cellphone (2004; back when pixelated picks where a sign of technological advancement), if anyone wonders whether I should've followed the EXACT same pick... well... then people would've REALLY thought I TRACED it. lol

to be honest too, now that i've compared my pic with the original, it makes me think back, "Wow, I really should've done better"
well if there are any people quite specific with the details that I should've been more accurate and careful about from my drawing... I apologize since it was a first for me to copy off a crappy cellphone. My friends would usually come to me to draw them anime I really didn't know about. Like this one. Well after drawing this, I went to check out this anime and I fell in love with it. Kudos to CLAMP! PS> anyone know what other works they did? Haven't heard from them in a while. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Postby sam1027 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Very welcome my friend~
Glad you find it~
Hmmmm you know~ It's not bothering to have too much pictures at once~
It's just some people may find difficult to load the page at once~

About your major~~ LOL XD "Fine Arf" to "Finance"
I'm acutally thinking about keeping on track of my engineering major~~
But ~well, sadly it doesnt work that way since i have FALLEN IN lOVE of DRAWING~~~
SOOOOoooo I will change my career plan directly into artistic development~~

Oh by the way~ Merry Christmas to You and Happy New Year! :grin: :D

Postby darkdemn777 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 pm

updates updates UPDATES!

Sorry, no pics out yet though and sadly the comic would most definitely not come out soon this year, but all that won't be for naught! :P

while streaming around youtube and watching for new game releases, I came upon this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r940y3N1Yns

if you've seen it, that's what we'll be doing for Pha - ... OOPS! almost let out the comic made! it's a surprise so hope for it's completion cuz college is much of a bitch to my time, but if it means getting a job I guess it's worth it :unsure:

anyways, for the other comics made (since my adobe friend stopped for his work assignments, damn it) he told me I should try and learn it myself if he decides to not finish it (he only got 3 pages done and now he starts complaining :?) so i went around the net for adobe lessons... until I came across these babies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I93M-MGj ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHmOyv3 ... re=related

all I need though is graphic tablet :unsure:

I can have my works scanned and colored with these babies or draw directly to save time (either way works best) and I could have them photoshoped for further enhancements (the first comic didn't have any base colors since it was black and white; raw lineart) hence my adobe friend had to do them all himself.

I hope anyone reading this thread may have some knowledge about these programs, cuz I could really appreciate it... thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Return to Art