Switch to full style
Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.
Post a reply

"TOONZ" by Strike-art [13/08/2011]

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi guys, I'm kinda new here but I'm gonna be bold enough to start an art thread about a fan-art I'm working on.

The tittle is called TOONZ and it's about all the cartoon characters from disney, cartoon network and nickelodien were summoned to this distant realm to defeat an evil lord. Sound's like Fun doesn't it :mrgreen: (or crap if you think it sucks)

For now I did the 3rd page instead of the first so you'll have to wait. But I'll be posting some characthers as some appertizers.

Bubbles
Image

Note: sorry the image may be too big, but I don't know how to shrink it.
Last edited by Strike-art on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm

looks ok if you actually make the comic i will be impressed as most people get to the planning and first few pages but few go farther.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 am

Adding more pictures:
Jenny / XJ-9
Image

Buttercup
Image

and as before, sorry for the big pictures; I can't minimize them.

Speaking of pictures, you all can tell they all suck at the colors. Wanna know why :?: Cuz I suck at photoshop :!:
Is there any soul out there that can help me out with my coloring (preferring Seiryuga, but anyone with a decent skill will do)?

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:21 am

please, please, pretty please with lots of sugar on top, so much sugar that it could kill someone, stop using those fugly windows 95 textures as backgrounds. They give me a killer headache and above all look like crap

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 am

Oh dude.
If you want these things to be on the main comic bar, you'll probably be waiting around 5 or 6 years, depending on how much effort you place into upgrading your art, because so far it looks terrible.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Strike-art? More like strike-out.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:06 pm

ummm... how do I put it? Your drawings are... not suited for this kind of... artistic enviroment. Surrounded by such beautiful works of art, you've got to up your game. Work on the faces, and the proportions of the body. You're buttercup was the best one you did. And with the PPG theme. Could you try and be a little more original? I mean it wouldn't make any sense to have 2 PPG comics on the site.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:06 am

awww you guys are so mean! xD everyone has to start somewhere! besides hes only been here for about a week and already hes gotten some good advice from Asmodai about the backgrounds! haha but really if you want tips and stuff dood gimmy a call I'm always ready to help an aspiring artist as long as they keep trying!


@The Mirak did he say he wanted to get his comic at the top? I probably missed it.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:44 am

The Mirak wrote:Oh dude.
If you want these things to be on the main comic bar, you'll probably be waiting around 5 or 6 years, depending on how much effort you place into upgrading your art, because so far it looks terrible.


I know, is just that I'm shit with coloring. Also, you can't expect me to be at bleedman's level.

Perrito Caliente wrote:ummm... how do I put it? Your drawings are... not suited for this kind of... artistic enviroment. Surrounded by such beautiful works of art, you've got to up your game. Work on the faces, and the proportions of the body. You're buttercup was the best one you did. And with the PPG theme. Could you try and be a little more original? I mean it wouldn't make any sense to have 2 PPG comics on the site.


Don't worry, these aren't the only characters I'm putting on paper. These are just the first ones I did, and they're not the only main characters, so please wait. There's also gonna be E.V.E, Naruto, spongebob, Tom & Jerry and other characters not in bleedman's list, I promise. And thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can improve at.

Mathias wrote:Strike-art? More like strike-out.


WTF DOES THAT MEAN? :eek:

Asmodai wrote:please, please, pretty please with lots of sugar on top, so much sugar that it could kill someone, stop using those fugly windows 95 textures as backgrounds. They give me a killer headache and above all look like crap


Got any better patterns? If so, pls give me the download link, thanks.

BrokenLine wrote:awww you guys are so mean! xD everyone has to start somewhere! besides hes only been here for about a week and already hes gotten some good advice from Asmodai about the backgrounds! haha but really if you want tips and stuff dood gimmy a call I'm always ready to help an aspiring artist as long as they keep trying!


@The Mirak did he say he wanted to get his comic at the top? I probably missed it.


Thanks for your support, BrokenLine. I appreciate that.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:09 am

Work on Shading it would help your art look a helluva lot better but even then if you want to get on to the top bars it'lll be a
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo0o0o0o0ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:19 am

you dont HAVE to use patterns... leave the background blank. Or if you're using Photoshop, make them transparent and save your works as a PNG. Or hell, draw something in them

But okay, here's a link... Have at it!

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:11 am

More images

Numbuh 3
Image
0GravityDragon wrote:Work on Shading it would help your art look a helluva lot better

I tried better at photoshop this time, But I don't know how to shade in there 0GravityDragon. Sorry.
I know I've been saying it again, but pls can anyone help me with the photoshop thing?
Asmodai wrote:you dont HAVE to use patterns... leave the background blank. Or if you're using Photoshop, make them transparent and save your works as a PNG. Or hell, draw something in them

But okay, here's a link... Have at it!

Thanks, Asmodai, I appreciate it.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:46 am

...
What were you thinking?
The rainbow background killed my eyes!

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 am

...You do realise there are some decent photoshop tutorials out there? Just google it. That's how I learnt how to use photoshop.

Also, while you're at it, google tutorials on how to draw....particularly the faces. The faces need a lot of work.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Not bad. You've gotten the bodies down for the most part. But your head's are kinda sucky. I mean Bubbles looked like an inbreed monster.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am

Unlimited wrote:...
What were you thinking?
The rainbow background killed my eyes!


opps... sorry. I didn't know about that...
Doctress Who wrote:...You do realise there are some decent photoshop tutorials out there? Just google it. That's how I learnt how to use photoshop.

Also, while you're at it, google tutorials on how to draw....particularly the faces. The faces need a lot of work.


Thanks, I'll look into it.
Perrito Caliente wrote:Not bad. You've gotten the bodies down for the most part. But your head's are kinda sucky. I mean Bubbles looked like an inbreed monster.


Thanks for the tip. But however, I have tried to do a new style of face, but there wasn't enough space for the eyes, so I sticked to the old one.
Note: Isn't the ppg suppose to be inbred monsters? I mean look, they came out of a cooking pot (and the rrb came out of the toilet, but you know what I mean lol )!!!

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 am

More pictures
Image

Couldn't find a better pattern, so I made it blank like you said, asmodai...
Well, I'll be adding more soon, so don't go away lol .

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Why is the image so huge? You should consider cropping out the negative space.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 am

Strike, if you can pull a paul robertson (NSFW in your future works, well I'll be damned....

Try it.
Last edited by Kusang_Manalo on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Good god what did I just click?
So thats where that morphing pokemon gif came from

you might want to add NSFW tags somewhere

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

paul robertson is my new fav artist...
ok it is'nt that hard to do shades just do what I did and spend one whole day of your weekend looking up other peoples art and look up a hell of a lot of how to's

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 am

Ack!!! Sorry for my absence... but I've been slacking off on the tv o.O
Anyways, Since it's the holidays, The updates might be on brake, because I can only draw in school. However, don't panic, I will try to sneak in a few drawings if possible, and I've just inked the first page of the comic, so pls wait while I do the colouring.
tnks for the support



Kusang_Manalo wrote:Strike, if you can pull a paul robertson (NSFW in your future works, well I'll be damned....

Try it.

:eek: .....
I'll try...
thanks...

0GravityDragon wrote:paul robertson is my new fav artist...
ok it is'nt that hard to do shades just do what I did and spend one whole day of your weekend looking up other peoples art and look up a hell of a lot of how to's

Thanks for the heads up...

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 am

Im Back!!! :grin:

Haven't been posting for quite awhile... so here's a pic

Note: This picture has nothing to do with my fan-art, I just got bored...

Mortar team
Image

I used gradient's to give some texture and lightings, but it doesn't seem to work...

Happy holidays!

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:23 am

gradients arent textures, dont mix up terminology ;)

Re: "TOONZ", made by Strike-art.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:18 am

ha! unique concept and good to see you working and trying new things ;) keep it up!
Post a reply