i dont think anyone remembers me. well...lets try this again

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

i dont think anyone remembers me. well...lets try this again

Postby keroro ruguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

anywho. I guess i'll start with an introduction. my username is a pun on keroro gunso (sgt. frog) and ther ruger firearms brand, my favorite firearms manufacturer, but more on that later. to be clear, i have virtually no initiative towards living as an artist professionally, whether in graphic design, comics or whatever. i am not a very serious person. but its just that...well...im about to be 20 in a little while. 20 goddamn years old. so i feel like i act more like one of the guys in Genshiken more than the hyperactive cast of, say, other anime. i'm...mellow.

so lemme continue. i'd like to think my tastes in comics and cartoons is a little...refined, i've been at this for getting on to 12 years now. I watched toonami come and go. i sang along with the groovies, i know them by heart. i grew up with saturday morning cartoons as my religion, i remember cartoon cartoon fridays, the top five, the premiere of spongebob. i cherished late nights with the midnight run, and then classic swim. i have ridden the mighty moon worm.

current favorites include:
adventure time
dennou coil
highschool of the dead
soul eater
gundam unicorn
ugly americans
old man logan
darkest night series
south park
futurama
gurren lagann
ponyo
book of kells
The Venture brothers
Metalocalypse
seitokai yakuindomo
hyakko
archer
bakuman
kurokami (black god)
One piece

Naruto and Bleach are not included on this list because I...just don't enjoy reading them as much as i used to. i do still read them every week though.

i'm probably going to be an industrial designer or a mechanical engineer, i have a knack for it.
in the meantime, i get drunk and watch movies, cartoons, and anime with buddies on the weekends. sometimes halo. sometimes fallout.

For those of you not enjoying my wall of text, i will be posting images in short order.
and... i'll be taking requests, probably
"They don't think it be like it is,

but it do." -- Oscar Gamble

Re: i dont think anyone remembers me. well...lets try this again

Postby keroro ruguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

and away we go.

these are the only images ive got at the moment, sculptures.
gimme a minute to dig up some anime-themed junk.

Postby keroro ruguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:13 pm

crap it'll have to wait a few hours.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Last edited by Wulfespinndel on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby keroro ruguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:Nice to have you re-introduce yourself, but you should edit your posts next time. Just a fellow warning from a fellow member.

So...from what I see, I'll nickname this whole forum "The newbie forum". A lot of newbies start out in this place, huh?

i couldnt find it. its been like 4 years.

Postby keroro ruguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm

this was for a friend's comic (maybe short-story) idea. not really how i normally draw but, its what she wanted.

Postby Riz » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 pm

please do not multi-post. use the edit button on the top right of your posts. welcome back, I guess.

Rosso Rose wrote:So...from what I see, I'll nickname this whole forum "The newbie forum". A lot of newbies start out in this place, huh?

if you were referring to this particular section of the forum, I have to disagree. the bleedforum is the newbie forum. if you were referring to this entire forum...that doesn't really make sense. everyone who comes here was a newbie at some point.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Chuckledarkly » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 am

Hi welcome to the art fourm! =D Very interesting wire sculpture I think you captured the human form wonderfully ^^ and your drawing is quite good as well. It has good proportions and the way you colored the black dress was interesting i like the way you did it. Hope you stay and share your art a while!
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Thiamor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 am

Lily wrote:please do not multi-post. use the edit button on the top right of your posts. welcome back, I guess.

Rosso Rose wrote:So...from what I see, I'll nickname this whole forum "The newbie forum". A lot of newbies start out in this place, huh?

if you were referring to this particular section of the forum, I have to disagree. the bleedforum is the newbie forum. if you were referring to this entire forum...that doesn't really make sense. everyone who comes here was a newbie at some point.

I've multi-posted on mine, but you don't see people telling me to not do it. Given, I doubt people give a shit, if the OP is posting their Art, showing the rest of people. It isn't like it is meant for only chats with other people. If it was, it'd be a different story.

Also, back to the Art.
keroro ruguru, nice job.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Coos » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 pm

aaamg Keroro, What's up? 8D
Arts looking fantastic like it used to.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:00 pm

that first sculpture reminds me of Crysis
Mephobiac

Postby keroro ruguru » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 pm

thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. you guys are as friendly as i remember.
anyways, turns out i have been pretty artistically inactive lately. it makes sense i guess, between work, college and the rigors of pretending to be an adult.

buuutttt...
i still sketch all the time. which means i have something to show! these are mostly incomplete scribbles done in class or at work (see "pretend adult"). soooo...they're not that great. not very polished, anyway.
away we go
Image this went well. i mean, everyone has drawn themselves as a pokemon trainer before right? i look a bit mean because ive always liked pokemon villians, they're essentially harmless and funny. i'd goof around trying to steal kids' pets.
Image a short study of deadpool, my favorite marvel hero/villian. dont mind the little things i've written, they dont mean anything really.
Image these are mostly failed attempts to draw myself in a suitable webcomic style. the core idea of the comic would be straight-autobiographical, kinda like johnny wander, but have a mood more like questionable content. i like the bottom left ones, they look about right.
Image taking another crack at the webcomic idea. this time with anti-zombie weapons. you see, after thinking about the whole autobiographical thing. it occured to me, me and my friends might be too boring, soo...throw in some zombies and have me and my friends left4dead'ing it up. hilarity ensues. maybe.
Image i like this one. its some chick's original character concept of some kind of demon or something. but the thing is, its set in the 1970s. and i immediately jumped to Smith and Wesson 29, which is the .44 used my dirty harry.

on a side note, i will be taking requests. but dont count on them being completed quickly, what with life intervening and all. also laziness, ive got that too.

Postby Riz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 pm

for unpolished sketches, they look very good. I can't find anything to suggest to improve. your proportions look right and your poses are well executed. YOU CAN EVEN DRAW A GUN WHICH I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOREVER A;DKFHAFKJADSF
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby keroro ruguru » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 am

Lily wrote:for unpolished sketches, they look very good. I can't find anything to suggest to improve. your proportions look right and your poses are well executed. YOU CAN EVEN DRAW A GUN WHICH I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOREVER A;DKFHAFKJADSF

haha. thanks. i appreciate the comment. you see, the thing is, i've got no ideas anymore. no good ones anyway.
seriously people. taking requests. tell me what to draw damnit. please?

oh and ive always been a gun nut, i hit about 9 gun shows a year, mostly just window shopping. and i helped around my grandparent's gun shop sometimes. and i own a few hand-me down guns from family. texas tradition i guess. if you want advice drawing pistols, draw characters like they're holding an L-shaped block and go from there. i know thats vague advice, but start simple. also, use reference pics.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 am

No deviantart, by any chance?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Chuckledarkly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm

fucking love deadpool
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby keroro ruguru » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:No deviantart, by any chance?

yeah. but i hardly ever update these days.
here it is if y'all wanna have a look.
http://kerororuguru.deviantart.com/

Postby keroro ruguru » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 am

Eddieblefeces wrote:what happend to the blood materializing?

didnt much care for the idea, so i scrapped it. but the pictures are still there. i think

Return to Art