Help

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Help

Postby Toy Master Typhus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:01 am

I am making a Comic with friends from school that is supposed to be a little gamer/life/anime/etc random posting comic and i was wondering if anyone knows how to make (how do i say this?) a picture that shifts to different images. I believe a few of the members here have them and i need information on how to make one because we want a new banner.

If any of you are interested in our HORRIBLE art skills or just want to give us shit the link to our comic is here: http://specialzombie.smackjeeves.com/
"I am the master of toys, and all you girls and boys are welcome to my wonderland"
-Tobias Sammet's "AVANTASIA"
The Song "The Toy Master"

Re: Help

Postby Asmodai » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 am

you mean a GIF? like this: Image This is nothing more that a sequence of separate pictures played in succession

I could easily whip up something like that if you provide me with the pictures. Or I could even explain it to you
Mephobiac

Postby Toy Master Typhus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Yes that is what I'm looking for but night quite so elaborate. Just a title that changes the characters is all i had in mind it would be better for me if you told me so I can do it myself in the future.
"I am the master of toys, and all you girls and boys are welcome to my wonderland"
-Tobias Sammet's "AVANTASIA"
The Song "The Toy Master"

Postby Asmodai » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm going to assume you already have the pictures ready? and you only need to put them in succession and save it as a GIF somehow?

The program I suggest using, is Ulead GIF Animator (check your PMs). It could also be done in Photoshop, but I feel Ulead is more web friendly.

-When it first opens, click on the Open existing image file.
    -Pick the first image you want your GIF to show (I'm also assuming they're all the same size)
    -Click Add frame in the bottom toolbar, under the timeline
    -Press Insert or go to File -> Add Image
    -Do this for all the frames necessary
    -Once all frames are done, change the Delay by double clicking on the 0.1 underneath the timeline thumbnail. Change the number to what looks the best.

And thats it really. Also notice the Tween option, it makes the transition between frames smoother (but it may look weird, so experiment with it)

Though I must say, Flash is better to make banners with. GIFs are pretty outdated
Mephobiac

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 am

Flash swf are not images. GIFs are. Not all websites/teachers accept flash movies since they can easily include malicious or trick code. Just look at any flash ad of late.

Gif might be an old animated image format, but it's still the best.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Return to Art