Zero's Gentleman Incorporated Webcomic

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Zero's Gentleman Incorporated Webcomic

Postby ZeroED-Out » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 am

My new web comic, Gentleman Incorporated, the story can be found on dA through this link, along with the first page:

http://zeroed-out.deviantart.com/art/Ge ... -133927649

Second page will be up tommorow, or the next day, or the next day, you know, when I decide to get off my lazy ass and do something semi-productive...

Anywho, some reference art will be posted here later, when I get my scanner up and runnin' (probably tommorow)

Stay tuned kiddies, for tips on how to be a Gentleman!

Re: Zero's Gentleman Incorporated Webcomic

Postby Mathias » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:51 pm

...wut
That comic makes no sense...

Postby ZeroED-Out » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Mathias wrote:...wut
That comic makes no sense...

Well it is only the first page... You'll have to wait for the next! :D

Barely any comics make sense on the first page, you have to wait until the story gets deeper and the plots start to twist and wind there way into your mind until you understand meaning of the story.

Basically just be patient.

And it's always nice to have some form of critisism, thanks!

Postby Mathias » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 pm

ya ok

Postby ZeroED-Out » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:42 pm

ZoulArt wrote:
ZeroED-Out wrote:Barely any comics make sense on the first page, you have to wait until the story gets deeper and the plots start to twist and wind there way into your mind until you understand meaning of the story.

Basically just be patient.

True, but there was "allot" of text pushed together making it kinda messy.
Still, I will keep on reading.

I admit I do need to work on that, I had a lot of trouble fitting it since I did it souly on the computer, I think I'll do it tranditonally, on paper, then editing it on the computer, so it won't be so messy.

Thanks for the constructive critisism and the support! ;)

Postby kaustikos » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:31 pm

I can't follow it at all, honestly. The panels don't lend any help and the narration is too much. There are 3 different people talking (narrator included) and I can't follow anything. I'll wait, like you said, until the next strip.

Postby ZeroED-Out » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 pm

kaustikos wrote:I can't follow it at all, honestly. The panels don't lend any help and the narration is too much. There are 3 different people talking (narrator included) and I can't follow anything. I'll wait, like you said, until the next strip.

Ah yes, I understand, going to fast, trying to get in to quickly, I see... Luckily the Narrarator isn't going to come back for a while and the story will progress in the next few pages, so don't worry, you all start to understand it!

I think next update I should post more than one page so everyone will be able to follow to story quicker without it being so confusing.

I'm working on page 2 right now and the next two pages after that, that way three pages will be up at a time, so not to confuse people, that idea sound good?

Postby kaustikos » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:58 pm

If you're going to try and have us read this on here, I would suggest posting pages in combinations in the sense that they allow the reader to have an easier time following. Also, it never hurts to have someone else read it for you.

Postby ZeroED-Out » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:05 pm

kaustikos wrote:If you're going to try and have us read this on here, I would suggest posting pages in combinations in the sense that they allow the reader to have an easier time following. Also, it never hurts to have someone else read it for you.

Yes good idea, it would be nice to have "beta tester" (or reader) of sorts, maybe once when I got back to school I'll have someone who can give me a good opinion and ideas. (I have no siblings, and my neighborhood is devoid of creative life)

Postby Mathias » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Get avatars, guys. It's a rule.

Return to Art