BlackGargie's Art

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

BlackGargie's Art

Postby BlackGargie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:57 am

Howdy everyone~! Newbie here. Thought I post some art over here. I'm an avid member of dA (you'd probably know me as IllusionEvenstar) and in FAC (under the name BlackGargie as well).

Here's some for starters:

Re: BlackGargie's Art

Postby BlackGargie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:03 am

Here's a few more as well. So tell me what you think. I may sound ambitious, but I'm hoping that with these, I might get a chance to be listed up there as part of the comic team along with Bleedman and the rest. ;)

Postby sam4books » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 am

I love the Henry Plotter bit, that was halarious, and Creed being the son was a great twist! Fate seems like an awesome comic, you even had a great, nicely paced, start to it as well as bautiful art and colors! I also love the mom in the Impression. That has to be the most awesome mom in the world xD

Great job, welcome to Snafu, enjoy your stay. I hope to see more of your comics :D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mehoaido » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:52 am

Welcome to snafu.
That Henry Plotter thing was funny indeed, but the conclusion of the comic was... well... cheesy.
Besides it's a bit strange, that they both know each other for years and don't know that their Parents are Childhoodfriends?
Since they went to the same school, that doesn't make much sense.

It's not a bad thing to be ambitious you know, but believe me: you won't get a SNAFU Comic slot with your current abilities. If you Aim for that, you should keep on practicing and being a harsh critique towards yourself.
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby sam4books » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 am

It doesn't really look like they've known eachother for years to tell the truth. Maybe a year but not since they were children. To me it seems like it's not been that long since they just met. Just enought time to past for the main character's hair to grow a bit. Plus they're parents were probably keeping that fact secret from them since the mother out of nowhere mentioned it prior to the girl's sixteenth birthday. It's probably the same case for Creed too. Parents do that all the time. My grandmother did it to my mom, and my mom did it to me. It's not at all strange that this would happen to tell you the truth.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mehoaido » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Well it looks to me like they have different uniforms in panel 1 and 2 so they changed school at least once.
Then there is creed who had Short hair in panel one and veery long hair in panel 4.
Just to compare things a bit, it took me about 5 years to grow my hair that long.
But leaving that aside.. you mother did what to you? ôo
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby sam4books » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Personal business. I'll PM you.
In passing

Postby BlackGargie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:03 am

Got another art. This is something I did way back when after I became like a devout fan to Bleedman's work on his Grim Tales from Down Below. I can't wait for his sequel After Birth :)

Postby Atomicwarpin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 pm

so much scrolling hurts my hand! lol good artwork though, very bright.

Return to Art