Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beast Sketches Pg.7)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: The Sheol Pg.3)

Postby Engravement » Sat May 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Keeper wrote: Crow/bat Sheol? .... >_>' Care to clarify? Even their designs confuse me.

My bad, my bad. I mean the one to the lower left of the Pendulum Sheol. :P

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: The Sheol + Zega's Enri Pg.3)

Postby Keeper » Sun May 10, 2009 11:01 am

I couldn't help myself in doing so. So sorry, Zega, I needed to draw your Enri and violate her with my style. The basic layout is this: Enri making her regular trip to the graveyards and raising another damned soul into her service. It'll probably clean her room when she doesn't feel like doing it. I wouldn't mind having myself, to be honest. |3

Enjoy, Zega. And everyone else.

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: The Sheol + Zega's Enri Pg.3)

Postby Coos » Sun May 10, 2009 11:25 am

Her personality fits your style so well.

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Zega's Enri Pg.4)

Postby Zega » Sun May 10, 2009 1:25 pm

OMG HOLY JESUS!!! THIS IS GREAT MY FIRST FANART!!! AND ENRI DOESNT HAVE EVEN A COMIC! thank you! she is summoning a spectre!, nice. OH DAMN! i wnat to do another page of the comic right now! thank you man! seriously!

Postby Thiamor » Sun May 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Ha, my one art work might suck, but I need to see a fan art of that XD
My Zombie I have. :P
Kidding, but awesome Keeper.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Sun May 10, 2009 2:18 pm

It takes a lot for a character to reach my likings, Thiamor. Enri just happened to answer that call. ;) Thank you, nevertheless.

@Coos: Indeed. It does, doesn't it? I originally thought I made her look older after I finished it. Thank goodness it doesn't matter when the person you drew it for loved it. :P

@Zega: Your response was more incredible than I suspected. XD Good though! I'm happy my random Enri piece won ya over like that. And to top it off, I gave you inspiration! :D I'm so proud... I've never done such a thing before for anyone. TwT I might make more of her again, but I won't make a habit of it. Both you and I prefer our own OCs over fandom. ... At least what I think. >.>' 'Kay. I'm done. Overall, your own brilliant imagination gave birth to this admiration of mine. Your Enri is a wonderful girl and a talented necromancer. I can even consider her worthy to be an actual person. Kudos, Zega. You deserve it.

Postby Zega » Sun May 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Oh damn... im so moved, i cant believe it... that has never happened before! i will make Dave Acept my comic! even if it were the last thing I do!

Postby Keeper » Sun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Just make sure you're prepared to do so. I wouldn't think it wise to show him something unfinished. I at least show him any rough drafts of coming pages or finished pages. Honestly, I don't know exactly. I never made it a goal here to get a spot in the comics. I did come to Snafu to show off my art, but nothing bigger than that. Heh, guess that makes me an under-achiever. |3

BUT also be patient. Someone before wanted a spot and Dave seemed to like his stuff, but he acted far too immature and impatient afterwards. That sort of behavior can really ruin your changes. Only saying, though.

Postby Brax4 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

That's awesome, I love your style.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Mirth and Malice Pg.4)

Postby Keeper » Sat May 16, 2009 10:25 pm

@Brax4: Thanks dude! I appreciate the appreciation. :D

So here's another for y'all. This is a colored pencil piece of a villain character of mine: Joseph Crick, a host to a devil (Abaddon) who possesses his dead body and assumes his identity, but uses it to cause death and suffering wherever he goes. Alongside him is a enormous demon head that resembles a lizard's head, but in truth is the Hellmouth of the Underworld; this one is called Serpentine. Serpentine is, in fact, the scarf around Joseph's neck, mainly because its the object that the demon possesses, making it a demonic artifact. The scarf is also an appendage of Joseph, too. Though, this is for a even more malignant purpose, one that I rather keep secret for it's quite the startling one (this may not last long though. XD).

The drawing itself was sketched out in a good time-span, but I could've quickened around drawing Joseph. Serpentine was more troubling since he required the most pencil turns and whatnot. It pretty much felt like instinct when I inked it in art class. The environment definitely helped with this. I colored the whole thing at home, listening to your 'inspirational' music to help get the creative juices flowing. It helps any artist who has a fine taste in fine metal bands.

Overall, a surprise to everyone who's been sick of my ink pieces, and probably just another 'godly' piece from me. I beg to differ, but your compliments are hard to complain about. There's just too much love in them. |D

I also made a quote to go with it, but I only included that on my DA account. So I'll just go ahead and post it here, too.

"Do you really think I mean what I say about myself? Do you have any exact idea as to what I truly am? Do you? No. You certainly don't. Then again, not many can even begin to grasp the exact notion. I'm certainly more than what I care to show you, more familiar and uncomfertable to those who knew the real 'me'. It's absolutely amusing they thought me deceased. But let's not daddle on the past, there is only the future, and with it countless opportunities to take in splendor from the follies of these pestilent fools. Hahahaha! Afterall! Afterall... every last one of them is just another potential cadaver for the dissection table."

Postby Engravement » Sun May 17, 2009 1:22 am

Watch out for that killer scarf. I love the details you put into Serpentine.
Don't eat me Serpentine. :sosad:

Postby Coos » Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 am

That shit is mad creepy.
But man, it's such a wonderful design :D

Postby Zega » Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 am

COOL! i love his face!

Postby Keeper » Sun May 17, 2009 12:11 pm

@Engravement: It's rather diffuclt for him not to. He especially enjoys it when his food tries to run, that's when he can use his extendable, barbed tongue. Ain't he just huggable? X3

@Coos: You should see what's underneath Joseph's sweater. It's there for a valid, stomach-churning reason. Indeed, though, this shit is creepy. As it was meant to be.

@Zega: Short, sweet, and to the point, huh? XD And I take it you have an affinity to crooked, maniacal grinning faces, then? :)

Postby Zega » Sun May 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Well said.. i like those things :P

Postby Keeper » Sun May 17, 2009 12:19 pm

You'll surely enjoy everything I post then. XD

Innocent girls and malignant monstrosities. Pretty much my overall subject matter.

Postby Thiamor » Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh, just thought that I'd get this outta the way.
Keeper, I'm working yet again on another part of that story of mine :D:P
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: The Nightmarish Harbinger Pg.4)

Postby Keeper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:53 pm

The brooding nightmare; Crypt, ferociously slashes through some anonymous foe - likely Velmont. Like a crow, Crypt only seeks revenge for the turmoil the blackguard had him suffer through, and abandoning the him to his own crimes greatly increased that inner hatred. He is the harbinger. He seeks to unravel Velmont's present grandeur through the malice of a young boy and the reversal of sides. Crypt fights for the youth who will slay Hell and rebuild it with the defeat of a blackguard and the victory of a enslaved nightmare.

I've lacked in my pictures of Crypt, so I thought it help if I drew a lessly seen character. Seriously, I hardly ever give him the spotlight like I do with Lucifer. Truly, Lucifer is my favorite admist my characters, but I digress. Anywho, a fine action pose of a fine character. The weapon he's using is like a wrist blade, capable of impaling with and slicing with. It also works as a good guard from other weapons or projectiles. Though, it doesn't excuse from Crypt's trademark weapon: his double-bladed sword. And if anyone hadn't known since my last piece of him, Crypt has long hair/fur. I tried improving on a more realistic approach with his shaggy fur and clothing, but I still kept some aspects of my style. Hell, it's probably all over him, but whatever. :P

I think the overall composition sits well with my self-critism, and that's quite miraculous. I hope you all like it as much or to some degree. <:3

That's actually was just a copy of what I wrote on my DA submission, but to enlighten anyone who're curious as to what Crypt is as a character and creature...

Crypt is a nightmare, supernatural beasts that exist through the terrifying imaginations of our dreams, but he is the only one of his kind. Most had been killed off by opposers to such malignant manifestations. Regardless, though, he exists outside of people's dreams and exists as his own person (somewhat). That insignia on his forehead bounds him to our world. It acts as a pact to that he must act as the herald to whatever human who he's enslaved to by the Archdevil (ie, the acting Satan). He's freed of that at the time as the current human he serves herald for isn't even part of the family bloodline he had been bound to. Lucky him. In fact, he's lucky enough to use this boy as his ticket to seeking his revenge. Unfortunately, he never thought a friendship could garner from this relationship and he now sees his acting master as an equal to him. And let me tell you, that's hardly ever the case to Crypt. He rather flick ya off and pass piss in your direction. Nice guy, isn't he? :D

Postby Black » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:59 pm

I really like it. Looks just damn cool.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Coos » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm never tired of these characters you make Keeper. Such enticing stories make them even better :p

Postby Zega » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:21 pm

seems to be the incarnation of selvedge!

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beelzebub - Lord of Flies Pg.4)

Postby Keeper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Another new character to my story and as well my art. The infamous Lord of Flies himself! =3

I decided to paste my description from my DA submission, just to save the hand aches. :P

Beelzebub's role in FFDM is a shadowy one, nearly inconspicious to the vicious villains that're compiled in my li'l story. He uniforms himself as one of Faust's vanguard devils, those that he only acknowledges to very important tasks. (Otherwords, another secret he keeps from his intolerable grandson, Velmont.) Though, Beelzebub may resemble the perfect devil obeying his archdevil's every order, he only does so in order to revive the old ways of Hell. Beelzebub is fully aware that the unholy Lord Satan still resides in the hells, and has even reported to his past friend and overlord. Satan gives him his own personal tasks, ones that slowly cripple the strength of Faust's rein over the realm that was rightfully his. The devil is a fantatical follower to Satan's reunification, and will undoubtedly obey whatever order is given by the creator of evil. This means those like Lucifer and Velmont are pure enemies to his conquest, as they both desire for Hell's past hold on our world to never return. Beelzebub wants this back though, and will not stop at anyone's record from preventing his long seeked goal. Only Satan could hinder that fiery ambition.

Regarding Beelzebub's powers; they consist of inhuman attributes, majoring in strength and endurance. He as well has an immensely powerful regenerable ability, though, with the additional capability to engulf any matter that his regeneration forms over. And like every devil, he has full command over the hellfires that created him, and temporary immortality while within the mortal realm. His own individual powers come in the power to conjure netherworldly flies from the pits, at which shield him from nearly every physical and magical force consisted in mortal abilities. Though, otherworldly forces can break through this nearly-invulernable defense. Nevertheless, the flies can as well provide a dangerous offensive ability with the netherworldly plagues and pestilence they carry. Beelzebub can also manifest various objects and weaponry with the flies, providing him a catalog of various attacks. His last, and perhaps most hellacious power is the conjuration of his real form. This is when he opens a rift in reality with his hellfire, and summons a perpetual void, consisted only of an eerie array of eyeballs and a malignance that appears only as four giant fly legs, jaws, and a bulging eyeball. Though, concealed by the darkness, the real Beelzebub resides within the void. Both Beelzebubs can merge together by simply engulfing the exterior form with the real form, creating Beelzebub's true devil form. When he's his true devil, Beelzebub's powers remain at the same, though, he now can afflict whatever form of aliment upon his opponent, and hold complete control over the afflictions and duration of the illness. Though, none have seen his true form to this day, Beelzebub plans to reveal his true form to the young tamer that challenges to a duel to the death. It would be a true test of Blood-line's own capabilities. As well as how far Lucifer go to survive.

I hope you all like him. :D

Postby Coos » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:48 pm

The name Beelzebub always gave me the "hefty" impression.
Still, this looks fantastic. Nice job.

Postby Zega » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:24 am

daaamn! i lov his face!
I really enjoy your art man! its perfect, i mean, its what i would like to make everyday, but i don't have the immaginationyou have so.. well....

Postby sam4books » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 am

Hey! It's Beelzebub! The best demon out there, mostly because he's the guy in charge of all those locusts that played a part in so far two plagues, and an upcoming one (if you look outside one day and see a large black cloud eating that nice tree in your backyard they belong to Beelzebub most likely and your gonna die)

What about the gluttony part though? Isn't he also the demon lord of Gluttony?

I like that thing behind him though, I always pictured him as having something to do with eyes, and the feelers add to the fact he's the Lord of the Flies.

Are you going to draw the other demon lords too?
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Art