Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beast Sketches Pg.7)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Double Update Pg.2)

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I put a lot of thought into my characters and treat them with personal attention, so I'm not surprised you say so. Of course, I still make fun of them like any author would to their characters. After all, I try to make them as human as possible. Even when the human factor isn't there. >_>

You can. I've seen your progress through those "Training Day" pictures and you're gripping the concept pretty well. Unfortunately, I seem to see more focus on your male characters than your female ones. Which is rather strange because I've seen more practice pieces of your female characters lately. I probably look into tutorials that circulate around the Disgaea style. That's the style you're going, right? Anyways, also try tutorials on realistic anatomy, too. It may prove difficult through the drawing process, but to know how to draw properly realisticly can sometimes like for cartoonish styles. It's just a notion, but one worth trying. ;)

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Actually, I'm currently trying to find tutorials that relate to Shakugan no Shana's style :p
What a coincidence, seeing as though you have a sig of her.

And I'll take word of that. Thanks XD

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 pm

You need to so like draw a dark comic. Your art is so dark and evil. I freaking love dark and evil.

I'm trying to find someone who can do a dark style to turn my story over in Lit into a manga style.
Just saying :P
You rule.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:13 pm

@Coos: Then, I take this opportunity to suggest in buying the DVDs. They have extras that show some of the characters in full body forms, and this probably help you with your search. I don't blame you for seeing that. I'm a die-hard fan for the series and I literally kicked myself for not downloading the rest of the second season. *kicks* Anywho, I'm happy to help. I hate to see you stuck in this perpetual cycle of bad draft after another.

@Thiamor: As good and macabre as my style is, I skill lack good proportion. I assure you action scenes are a minimum on my list of subjects. Though, I can still draw a good action scene. It... just takes me time. >.>

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I wonder if I can download them as torrents online...

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Probably, but I haven't tried myself. I've, unfortunately, bought them legally.

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:19 pm

I'll try and find something tomorrow XD

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 pm

You damn procrastinator.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Keeper wrote:@Coos: Then, I take this opportunity to suggest in buying the DVDs. They have extras that show some of the characters in full body forms, and this probably help you with your search. I don't blame you for seeing that. I'm a die-hard fan for the series and I literally kicked myself for not downloading the rest of the second season. *kicks* Anywho, I'm happy to help. I hate to see you stuck in this perpetual cycle of bad draft after another.

@Thiamor: As good and macabre as my style is, I skill lack good proportion. I assure you action scenes are a minimum on my list of subjects. Though, I can still draw a good action scene. It... just takes me time. >.>

Would you, one day, be able to read my story in the lit forum and one day draw an action scene? I mean to just see how it looks? It's the last one on the first page, and goes over to the 2nd. I'd just love to see it is all :P
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I have such sort attention span to stories when I'm not given a summary. Mind telling me what it's about first? XD

Also, I tend to procrastinate with requests, as reality has its malicious grip on me most of the time. So, free time's is hardly ever there. Heh heh... eh...

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Meh, I am one who doesn't care how long it takes. Also it's takes like 10 minutes to read the story because it's not even done. It's just the first scene I wanted done is like a death scene, where dead bodies lay throughout a bloody, rainy field. It takes a minute to read that part since it's the first thing it starts out with.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 pm

I believe you were right. It was rather quick, but quite detailed. I've left a few stories myself in the Literature forum, but naturally, they're just covered in dust. Haha.

But, I can draw that. It'll be in pen, a media I'm typically fast and alright with, so no worries in it not looking detailed. I suppose you don't mind me improvising for some of the corpses then? The swords as well, as your descriptions weren't specific. Regardless, I still say you have good writing skills.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:49 pm

I don't mind. Thank-you for saying that too. I've been writing since I was 7. I'm 20 now.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 pm

That's extraordinarily long my friend. I believe I've written stories for five years now. Haha, what gaps we have.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I write many things. From Horror, all the way to Comedy. Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi...Drama. Not much Romance, though.
Show me on the doll

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Mostly horror and fantasy, a bit of essay, too. Anywho, bed beckons me. I'm retiring for the night. 'Bout time I did.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 pm

I likes you scary arts. I draw scary arts and I know what i like! Your two new characters and interesting to say the lest on the boy is the black spikes coming out of his back? Are they solid like bone ore wispy? (I'm just asking questions because i like it and wana get in you head to know them better)
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Keeper » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, Mary's my newest character, at least to people I've shown on the Internet. She was actually drawn last year and she kinda sat about gathering dust. So I decided to blow the dust off.

The second character is a English boy named Lucifer Stephenson, and those bones are actually appendages made from his blood. He has a malevolent existence inside him that allow him to transform his wounds in various manifestations of gruesome weaponry, or worse. Also, he's not new at all. In fact, he's been around for a long time now. I believe since 2005, so I've had plenty of time to improve and change his appearance and persona.

Postby Thiamor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Well I'll owe you once you do that action scene. Thanks by the way...
Show me on the doll

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: The Sheol Pg.3)

Postby Keeper » Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 pm

The Sheol, in which the word is translated in my religion; Catholism, is "death", or in other translations: "hell". I decided to take this recent insight and change it into a plot user for my FFDM series. So here is the new conception, the one I created:

The Sheol are fabrications of human remains and pieces of metal. They were once human, like you and I, though, through committing damnable sins, these mortal humans were sentence to Purgatory, where they await further judgment from their God. Unfortunately, through recent tampering with the connection between the Mortal Realm and Hell, Faust sought to use the damned souls of Purgatory, and create them into a more appliable existence for his own personal gain. He manifested their souls into the remnants of destroyed civilizations, both ancient and modern. Their souls were imprisoned within the flesh of fallen mortals and scraps of metal, giving birth to these horrific automations. The Sheol lack self-awareness and interact through primal instincts. They are extremely territorial and will immediately destroy whatever and whomever trespasses into their territory. Though, as fearsome as they may be, the Sheol are forbidden to leave their states of Purgatory, leaving them limited to the areas they were damned to. The Sheol come in various shapes and forms, all possessing a vast collection of various abilities. Some stronger than others, or in vice versa. The true purpose of the Sheol is still unknown, even to the rebellious devil that continues to purge their acursed existence. As the demons of Legion act as the unholy army of Hell, the Sheol act as the Legion of the Mortal Realm. They represent the deep evil of every human being is thought to possess. Though, rumor has it that there is one Sheol amongst them that contains self-awareness and only wishes to cop with its horrid existence. Still to this day, that rebellious devil seeks to better its haulted afterlife with the purge of the Sheol. Regardless, where one Sheol falls, there will always be another to take its place.

I worked in overdrive to make this as macabre as possible. I still have tons of ideas for these guys, but I don't want to neglect my favorites - the demons. Honestly, though, I don't know what I'll draw after this. Inspiration comes to me all the time, but my self is so self-critical about some of them, it takes a bit of time before I choose something else to draw. No problem, though. I have the patience to gather more subject matter. Though... I have been wanting to make another Joseph Crick pic. :B ~<3

Postby Engravement » Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 pm

-hides behind Keeper- D:

I like them! =D
Each Sheol has a unique shape and it looks like each has been structured pertaining to what sin they have caused. The more grievous the sin, the more gruesome they become? I like the Crow/Bat Sheol the best! =]
I look forward to the day you create the most sinful Sheol, and a story to go with it.~ ;)

Postby Zega » Sat May 09, 2009 6:00 am

WOW, i have to say i like that disturbing sense yougive to your drawings, just thinking that that things were humans makes them so cool!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 am

Dang you can really manipulate a pen! Your ability to perfectly shade despite using ink impresses me profoundly.
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Coos » Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 am

Amazing. The addition of that fantastic description with those designs just make it so much better

Postby Keeper » Sat May 09, 2009 10:14 am

@Engravement: You can also tell what sort of sin it was through looking at the runes on their foreheads or limbs. I have a chart with the runes' translations somewhere, but my best bet is that they're Anglo-Saxon. I used Birth, Fertility, Earth, Death, Man... and others I can't translate through looking at them. :< You sorta have the idea right, though, how one may appear more fearsome than the other is totally random. Crow/bat Sheol? .... >_>' Care to clarify? Even their designs confuse me.

I do have a story, though. Here's the link to it if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41352

It introduces the concept through the perspective of that self-aware Sheol. Enjoy. :3

@Zega: I'm syched that you posted to my thread, much thanks upon you! Utterly disturbing. These are our sins as a physical representation. You couldn't image the looks on some people's faces when I had to explain this to them. I did get into some rather intelligent discussions about them with one friend of mine. It got too serious, though. After all, they're just made-up characters. XD

@Brokenline: I started drawing in pen last year, during history class' boring moments. It gave me something to do, but my friend in class really inspired me to improve on it, and later my own confidence determined it to make pen a regular media for myself. Yeah, a lot of events went into making my pen skills what they are today. I'm glad you find them so impressive, though, and that means a lot to me. Thank you. :)

@Coos: The two really help inform the onlooker at what exactly they're looking at, so I thought it a good idea to include the description. Unfortunately, though, my subject matter is so different from what regular people look into, sometimes explainations like that are necessary. I'll be doing ones like this for my art presentation near the end of May at my school. Thanks, though! It helps the self-confidence.

---------------------

I really appreciate the compliments guys. This piece wouldn't have taken as long if I had more time, but I'm very satisfied that it awed you all so well. I hope for more like this in the future then. All I need to do now is figure out what to draw next. Damn self-critism... <:/

PreviousNext

Return to Art