YOU LIKE COMICS? LOOK AT THIS!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

YOU LIKE COMICS? LOOK AT THIS!

Postby WesleyInc » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:37 am

This topic is all about great comics you see out there on the web.

RULES: You can not talk about your comics or other comics on the SNAFU webpage. Just cool webcomics you see on the web.
Even the smallest bit of ink, you can own a inc! WesleyInc!

I'm the little middle school kid that runs around on this forum. Did I mention I was extremely evil?
State alchemist irken Titan shifter demon and vocaloid fan

Re: YOU LIKE COMICS? LOOK AT THIS!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:33 pm

You could've just asked the other people in the talk thread about this. Who knows, the topic may do well.

I'm enjoying...
Ava's Demon
Emma
The Property of Hate
Warrior U

...atm, though updates take time, they're fairly fun reads.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 pm

I really like questionable content. It is a long running slice of life comedy thing that updates three times a week with four panel comics. At first the art is very modest but the artist has been doing it for so many years that he is now very good and the writing is consistent throughout.

I am also thinking of starting gunnerkrigg court as I have heard good things about it.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Seven Seas Entertainment has some good stuff last I checked. Pixie Trix and Zoom Comics all have good stuff. There's also Sister Claire, Kiwi Blitz, Crazy Sunshine, and a whole lot more I could list here and might. (I have to check them out myself since it's been two years since I read any of them XP ^^;)
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby WesleyInc » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm

You guys got some cool comics... but these two are personally amazing.

Darkness is not all black by satoshiMADNESS

MNT gaiden by: Tigerfog
Even the smallest bit of ink, you can own a inc! WesleyInc!

I'm the little middle school kid that runs around on this forum. Did I mention I was extremely evil?
State alchemist irken Titan shifter demon and vocaloid fan

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:06 pm

I know o Darkness is not all Black by satoshiMADNESS, but the bottom one I may check out.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:32 pm

The last Web comic that I've read to its current completion was a nasty little thing called "Road Waffles."

Its basically about these characters Haley and Bruno driving around the desert and getting into misadventures.
It also has a disturbing amount of wanton violence and death in it. Haley herself starts as one of the most amoral young lady's I've ever seen and she stays that way for its entirety. A shotgun wielding violent psychopath who's only goal is to be as self serving as possible and spread as much casual violence as she can. Bruno on the other hand is a straight man role doing his job as a straight man and his calm nature is the total opposite of Haley's.
Its violent, cruel, mean, bizarre, nasty and it might not be up everyone's alley.
It held my interest enough for me to read the whole thing from start to finish and it was an okay little comic, at least when Eight didn't forget what kind of story it was and decided to do whatever or go off on these really long and strange tangents that seem so out of place it makes me wonder why he just didn't do a separate comic. I never got into its more surreal chapters and that's saying something for me.

Another web comic that I got into was "Real Life."

Its a little slice of lifey thing that occasionally goes into the strange and surreal territory, only unlike "Road Waffles" it doesn't seem out of place. Its mainly about these nerds doing nerd things and all the characters are based off of real people so the nerds in it aren't as stereotypey as other comics about this stuff is. The characters are actually kind of endearing to me.
I haven't read much of it lately because I'm really behind on it and I keep telling myself I'm going to catch up, but I've yet to at the moment. Despite that, I like this comic series.
Bark

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Eeek, I can't think of any comics right now. I remember way back to a real beautiful one that was on Kickstarter or something but I can't think of the title any more. It was a dramatic slice of life young adults just trying to make it out thar in the angsty world.

I can think of a RPG game that was made to act like a anime pilot episode. 'LiEat'. Cute little dragon girl who eats lies. (That turn into little back imp-things when they're told) traveling with a con-man of a million identities. XD

But I had to pop in here cuz that Sonic comic makes my childhood cry. WTF Sonic.exe vs Ninja Tails? D8 I shyly demand summary!
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Return to Art