K_Lancer's - Lawlz, Me.

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - The Musical Vid

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun May 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Man I wish I owned a tablet.

I guess for now, all I can when it comes to digital media is drawing with my mouse.

In MS Paint.

And yes, I know it's horrendous haha. My camera is out of batteries and I'm too lazy to buy new ones.

MS Paint Sucks, esp. w/o a Tablet

Also, I am taking requests, so...if you want me to draw something. Well, post a link to a picture I can use for reference (not direct copying though), and I'll get it up when I can.

Completed --

The Cute Bruiser - Aislynn

The Boss - Verse, Leader of the Sunstalkers

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Taking Requests

Postby Knight_Lancer » Wed May 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Of course, my old scanner is dead. That's confirmed now, since all it scans is a nice, solid gray. A damn shame, I only got to use it like, 5 times. Ever.

Anyway, time for some drawings. They still suck, hahaha.

Can't even use the camera flash because it creates a giant bright spot right in the middle of the paper, and I don't have any real means of lighting...

The Cyborg Superman

Verse, Leader of the Sunstalkers, also The Boss

In rudimentary story: Orders Irese to continue being a part of Aidan's group, as the Sunstalker's eye on him.

Aislynn, the Cute Bruiser

Gif [strike]monies[/strike] comments pl0x.

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Uh, New Stuff?

Postby Knight_Lancer » Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Verse, in Color

I wonder if I have some sort of...armor fetish...

Postby Black » Sat May 31, 2008 10:07 am

Nice. You really know how to draw impressive armors.
Click to visit my art thread.

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - No Ability

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Hrgh, came out weird.

Armor, fine, sure I can try with that.

Cloth on the other hand...

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Can't do lighting!

Postby Knight_Lancer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 pm

This post should probably go into the literature section, but, bah...

OUTDATED and OBSOLETE...
---

Basic Sketchy Still Incomplete History Profile of Character + Background Story

Aidan Koenigschwert

Profile: Aidan was born and raised in the skyborne city of Himmel-Pfosten. Born into a highly respected military family, and son of a nobleman, Aidan was raised and groomed to be a leader and a soldier. Aidan successfully completed his civilian studies, and was enrolled into the military academy, joining his older brother Kayden. There, the two had both excelled in all manner of martial studies. Kayden graduated, a ranking officer, and it seemed inevitable that Aidan would follow in the tradition of his family. However, war had broken out as Himmel-Pfosten was hit by a sweeping attack from its neighbors, breakaways from the vast empire Himmel-Pfosten once reigned over, and the two brothers were sent into the frontlines of battle. Because of this, Aidan had only released his Native Seal, and didn't yet learn how to release the other four. Kayden was made Lancer, elite warrior and officer, while Aidan was placed under his command.

The vast Himmel-Pfosten army quickly reconquered the first nation. However, the second nation was once a military hub of the former empire, and it proved to be more than capable of repelling even the Lancers of Himmel-Pfosten. The war dragged on, and slowly the people of Himmel Pfosten grew weary of the war. The Emperor, supreme leader of the Heavens, suddenly died, and his young son took the throne. Unfortunately, the new Emperor was merely a puppet for the court of the Sky Pillar, and his would-be underlings took the opportunity to seize power for themselves. They negotiated a secret deal, ending the fighting between both nations. However, the state of peace was not made official, and the government used its wartime powers to begin gaining total control over the country and its people.

Called back to the capital, Kayden was given a hero's welcome, but he immediately began to suspect something was amiss. However, Aidan suspected nothing. That night, the elite guard of the court's forces made attempts on both of their lives. Kayden, expecting them, was already prepared, and rended his opponents. Unfortunately, Aidan did not take his brother's warnings seriously, and quickly found himself surrounded, death all but certain. However, Kayden had immediately arrived to rescue his younger brother. Prepared for battle, the two hurried to warn their comrades, but they had all been apprehended already. Thus, they opted to escape the city. At the gates of the Pillar of Heaven, they were faced with an innumerable army, led by the Captain of the West Corps. Kayden threw himself into the enemy force in order to give Aidan a chance to escape. Now a renegade in his nation, and seperated from his only family, Aidan seeks to release his nation from tyranny, and to seek redemption for his brother's fate.
Last edited by Knight_Lancer on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Bah.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Hurm...bit of conundrum...

Cannot decide which sig to use...

Pick for me, eh?

The one I'm using now, or perhaps one of these would be better...

Last edited by Knight_Lancer on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:36 am

DC? Sure, I pick that one.

Wait, no. Dark knight. I just prefer batman, he doesn't have the powers, but he has that lovely personality of his.

I can't do armor half that well. Quick question, is the torso one piece? It seems like it'd be hard to- what's it called when you keep your feet planted, but you shift to the side, to dodge or something.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am

Cavouku wrote:I can't do armor half that well. Quick question, is the torso one piece? It seems like it'd be hard to- what's it called when you keep your feet planted, but you shift to the side, to dodge or something.

...Twist?

Not quite, but then, with my concept of the character (I assume you're talking about Verse,) he's not the type to do much dodging anyway. It's not really apparent from straight-on, but the armor is designed to allow freedom of movement. Not absolute, but enough for him to be comfortable with it.

Of course, the fact that I designed this particular armor backwards (to look cool, functionality second) as opposed to the actual way (functional first, just happens to end up looking cool) doesn't help much.

Of course, every armor will go through several re-designs to find a comfortable balance...

Postby Dainen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:36 pm

nice armory ^_^ are you gonna color the girl?

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:24 am

Damn camera...

The Dragon, Captain of the West Corps, Yet-to-be-Named.

Last edited by Knight_Lancer on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:
Cavouku wrote:I can't do armor half that well. Quick question, is the torso one piece? It seems like it'd be hard to- what's it called when you keep your feet planted, but you shift to the side, to dodge or something.

...Twist?

Not quite, but then, with my concept of the character (I assume you're talking about Verse,) he's not the type to do much dodging anyway. It's not really apparent from straight-on, but the armor is designed to allow freedom of movement. Not absolute, but enough for him to be comfortable with it.

Of course, the fact that I designed this particular armor backwards (to look cool, functionality second) as opposed to the actual way (functional first, just happens to end up looking cool) doesn't help much.

Of course, every armor will go through several re-designs to find a comfortable balance...

Ah, I see. For some armor I used, I made them sort of scale style. There are chestplates, then little flaps of plates going down the body, but usually for acrobatic characters (the armor is a light alloy).

For the heavy weight characters, I make their skin like leather.

And your wings are fine for metallic wings.
If they aren't supposed to look metallic then maybe a bird book would help a little, tracing, then sketching blah blah.

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - I can't draw Wi

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Lulz at my fail, shield your eyes, for this is awful!

What happens when I try to draw with a mouse? (Must have facebook acct to see...)

Postby Dainen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:53 pm

The wings are not the same size? they look a little stiff ^^ maybe if the strokes vary in rotation? :)

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Told ya I can't draw wings.

Hah...

Anyway, they are supposed to be metallic wings, though not totally flat like they appear...

(I guess everything I draw is kinda flat though, hah...)

Done with a mouse...in facebook's graffiti app...hah.

Hrm...his chin's not nearly big enough.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Postby Black » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Nice drawing. Taking a break from drawing armors?
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Somewhat.

Now if I only I could find my camera so I could take some pictures...

Postby Cannonball519 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Great sketches, love the details, and the Verse colored is a good job, too.
The bird blinked at her as if to say, "Why am I in this stupid box? I want a worm. How could you not know your husband was gay?"

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Fun Stuff...

Postby Shattered Flame » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:43 pm

Awesome job on Guile.

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Fun Stuff...

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 am

Oh how I wish that I owned a proper scanner.

Postby lpsalsaman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Really nice Knight, I like your knights armor they look real good! Keep up the cool work! ^_^

Re: Knight_Lancer's "Art" Thread - Are you Man Eno

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Screwed up that left leg (from the viewer's POV)...

What's wrong with me?!

I think you're crazy!

I want a second opinion!

You're also lazy!

Postby Icha » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Its a tarp!
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

PreviousNext

Return to Art