K_Lancer's - Lawlz, Me.

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: K_Lancer's - Damn! Something of a Delay...

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:08 pm

lpsalsaman wrote:Nice one Knight, real nice! Keeping up with your PT program? :mrgreen:

Mon-Sat. Though the grips on the weights we're using are really chewing up the area of my palms right under the pinky finger. Maybe I oughtta get gloves.

Postby lpsalsaman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:
lpsalsaman wrote:Nice one Knight, real nice! Keeping up with your PT program? :mrgreen:

Mon-Sat. Though the grips on the weights we're using are really chewing up the area of my palms right under the pinky finger. Maybe I oughtta get gloves.

Yeah you better get some gloves that is for sure! Make sure that you do pull ups since that is one of their events on their PT TEST. Keep in focus, also make sure that you ask questions if you are not sure about anything. :mrgreen:

Postby Black » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 pm

A bit messy lines, but you can't get much better in Paint Chat, I guess. Otherwise, nice plane.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:12 pm

So now I spend a great deal of time, apart from PTing, preparing people for the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). Honestly though, I don't know how much good it's doin' em, since all I have to work with is a high school math textbook and an ASVAB prep-book...from 1988.

Ah well, gotta try anyway.

One little gem from my educational attempts:

Me: Alright, so do these...

Guy: X divided by X...

Me: Uh-huh...

Guy: ...It's X, isn't it? It stays the same.

Me: No, what's anything divided by itself?

Guy: Huh?

Other Guy a few feet away: You gotta be kidding me.

Guy: Oh no wait, it's 0 right?

Me: No, X divided by X. Just, think of any number.

Guy: 2x?

Me: Argh...

Ah well, the more fresh bodies I can help take into Boot Camp, the better I feel.

And for some reason, people keep making the mistake that 20 -> 22 is a 2% difference...

I must say though, the Marines in the office are damn funny...

Me: Corporal, how many pints are in a gallon again?

Corporal R: Um, shoot Song, wait a second... Pints in a gallon...

Sergeant D: Yo, when we out ain't there like, 2 pints in a fifth?

Corporal R: Yeah, a fifth of a gallon...hold on Song...

Sergeant D: Or maybe it's not like a pint but...yo T, you know how many pints are in a gallon?

Sergeant T: Pints in a gallon? Hold up, a fifth is a...

Corporal R: Yeah fifths, so you get a fifth... How many pints is a fifth...

Staff Sergeant P: *walks in*

Sergeant D: Yo P, how many pints are in a gallon?

Staff Sergeant P: Pints in a gallon?

Me: I think it's like, 8. But I'm not sure.

Corporal R: You better not be right Song.

Staff Sergeant P: I know that...a quart of milk...is like...2 pints--

Sergeant D: Milk? We're talking about alcohol over here and you gotta switch it to milk.

Sergeant T: For real man.

Corporal R: I think it's around 7.

Staff Sergeant P: --and there's 4 quarts in a gallon. So I think it's like 8.

Corporal R: God damn it Song.

Sergeant T: Damn asians!

Postby lpsalsaman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 pm

lol lol lol lol That is funny as hell, that is why the 4 smilies! That does reminds me of a lot of that kind of non-sense conversations when I was in the Army. I know this is Marines but is basically the same on most services. Well, enjoy it for now. :mrgreen:

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:59 am

lol makes you feel proud. XD
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Knight_Lancer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:07 pm

More paintchat things...

Postby lpsalsaman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:53 pm

That's a nice pic KL, got that poster like setup with different things happening. Cool!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 pm

:up: agree this could be an awsome poster of an upcoming movie or some such! XD
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby mykie274143 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:00 am

Would you happen to have a deviant art?

Postby Knight_Lancer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:38 am

I have an account, but I almost never use it.

Re: K_Lancer's - Hrgh...

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:03 am

No drawings...

Thanks to the efforts of the good Corporal R who trains me, I now meet or exceed all the initial strength requirements for shipping out to training...

God, that took longer than I had hoped, but oh well...

I ship out near the end of the month.

Now, just gotta try to stay under the maximum weight allowed...

Words of advice from Corporal M:

Song, when you go to the strip club on weekends during your MOS school, just follow these rules and you won't blow all your money by Monday. Because you'll see guys on Monday, and they'll be all like, 'Man, I wish I had some money to buy cigarettes...' You can see them, and know you've got money, and just laugh.

1. Never, ever sit in front of the main stage, because you'll just be throwing all your money away...into the stripper's g-string. The main stage is where all the boots sit. You don't want to be a boot. When all your pals are like, 'Hey man let's go in the front,' you say to them, no, Corporal M told me to sit at the booth. And they'll be wearing their super-tight jeans, with their combat boots. And the girls will know, they'll know those guys are boots and they'll lose all their money. Don't be a boot Song. When you leave you're wearing your regular clothing, but carry a change of clothes with you in the car. A polo shirt, some khaki pants, none of that boot shit. I know, a shirt with a dragon on it.

Corporal R (responding): Actually, that's kinda boot too.

Corporal M: Yeah he's right, no dragon shirt. And cover up any tats you might've gotten. None of that 03 4 Life, Get Some! showing, no, you cover that up!

2. Don't sit at the tables either, because then the girls will come up to you and be like, 'You wanna dance?' If they ever ask you that say 'Hell no,' 'cause if they're not sucking or fucking you you'd better not give them any money. Maybe you can get one every now and then, but JUST ONE, because once you get one, you'll want another one, and before you know it you'll have gotten like 5 of 'em. But just avoid this altogether, and don't sit at the tables. And the cool guys, the higher-ranked enlisted will be sitting at the booths, and they'll make the boots buy them drinks. 'Hey you, get me a drink!' And you'll see a boot, 'Yes sir Lance Corporal. What kind of drink would you like Lance Corporal?' DON'T BE A BOOT!

3. Alright, now this is where you can sit. Always, always, always sit in a booth. Get one of those buckets of beer, if you're old enough.

Corporal R: If you're not old enough, you're going to be drinking a lot of soda.

Corporal M: That's right. Anyway, get a big-ass bucket of beer, and just have a glass and keep refilling that shit. Make sure the managers think you're drinking, because they think the drunker you are, the more money you'll spend, but fuck them, you're not giving them a dime. Even if your glass is empty, just keep pretending to take sips out of it, and watch those titties for free. The best booth to get, is one right next to the bar, since if you need more drinks, you can just get up, get the drink, and go right back. Make sure nobody takes your booth. If you can't get a booth, then go play some pool. There's usually some pool tables around in the back. If you can't play pool, sit at the bar and just drink.

Corporal R: Hey, you ever been to Sugars?

Corporal M: Sugars? I think you mean Honeys.

Corporal R: No Sugars. Anyway, Song, if you ever go to Sugars, let me tell you. 5 dollars a dance! Sometimes, I like to get multiple women just for the heck of it. Sure, a lot of 'em are older women, but I like them like that. They know what they're doing.

Corporal M: I don't think Song's too into that Corporal.

Corporal R: Hey, if he ain't now, he will be.

Corporal M: Yeah that's true. Marine Corps will make you a sick bastard Song.

Corporal R: And don't be stupid like me, keep your hands to yourself. Sit on your hands if you have to, or else you might touch the girls, and then you get into a fight with a bouncer and get locked up.

Postby lpsalsaman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:57 am

Knight, I thought you were already gone to basic!? Well, that is good advise coming from 2 people who have experienced it first hand. Anyway, that how it is when you go to traning areas so they are correct. You have to be careful since you will be taken if you are not careful. Anyway, hope you continue doing well and be ready for basic training, cause it will be physically and mentally challenging! 8)

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:55 pm

lpsalsaman wrote:Knight, I thought you were already gone to basic!? Well, that is good advise coming from 2 people who have experienced it first hand. Anyway, that how it is when you go to traning areas so they are correct. You have to be careful since you will be taken if you are not careful. Anyway, hope you continue doing well and be ready for basic training, cause it will be physically and mentally challenging! 8)

Huh? Oh well, no. It was really frustrating, since I hoped to not go in the dead heat of summer.

(Sand fleeeeeeas!)

It was kind of embarassing, watching other poolies go, and even seeing some of them come back as squared-away young Marines. Bah, I'll be there soon enough right? Once I'm there, gotta keep my eyes on the prize.

Hah, as for that advice, I guess you'd be able to confirm its veracity, eh?

Postby lpsalsaman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Knight_Lancer wrote:
lpsalsaman wrote:Knight, I thought you were already gone to basic!? Well, that is good advise coming from 2 people who have experienced it first hand. Anyway, that how it is when you go to traning areas so they are correct. You have to be careful since you will be taken if you are not careful. Anyway, hope you continue doing well and be ready for basic training, cause it will be physically and mentally challenging! 8)

Huh? Oh well, no. It was really frustrating, since I hoped to not go in the dead heat of summer.

(Sand fleeeeeeas!)

It was kind of embarassing, watching other poolies go, and even seeing some of them come back as squared-away young Marines. Bah, I'll be there soon enough right? Once I'm there, gotta keep my eyes on the prize.

Hah, as for that advice, I guess you'd be able to confirm its veracity, eh?

Well Knight let's just say like this; You just need to stay focus and stay out of trouble when you finally are able to go out. Just make sure that you don't think you are Superman. You will be fine! :)

Re: K_Lancer's - Back from MCRD Parris Island

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:15 am

Oh hey, guess what.

I'm a United States Marine, good to go.

10 day leave...you trackin'? I can try to ask my recruiter for Recruiter's Assistance.

Post up some pictures later.

Boy, 3 months of Death, Murder, and Eating Babies...

Puttin' pain in mah body, killin' us nasty recruits!

I'm somewhat out of practice on my drawing...but at least I'm a Rifle Sharpshooter. (Make Ready: Slingshot, small brass check, tap the forward assist! Sweep the sights, check the sights, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed... With a magazine of 10 rounds, load: Grab! Look! Push! Pull! Secure Magazine Pouch! Fire when Ready: Thumbscrew, high in the pocket of the shoulder, reach out grab air, high firm pistol grip, stock-weld!)

Almost cried when I got my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. Was a very touching moment. Went back to gettin' killed next day, but not as bad. Platoon dropped pack, was rather irritating. Forgot to take picture in front of Iwo Jima monument, I am somewhat sad now.

Re: K_Lancer's - Back from MCRD Parris Island.

Postby lpsalsaman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS MARINE!

Glad you made it through hell and came back buddy! I hope that everything so far is going well, do you know where you going yet? Anyway, take it easy and get ready for the next chapter! :mrgreen:

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Was trying not to crack up because the Drill Instructor to the left was making funny faces. That's why my face looks so weird.

(No bearing! Haha...)

My trousers are all jacked up, shoot, should've ironed them better... Shirt-stays aren't tight enough either, darn it.

Postby lpsalsaman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Looking very sharp there "K"! Although is hard to keep it straight specially when the drill is around, and making jokes! Job well done! :mrgreen:

Postby Engravement » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Aye salute to thee, Knight_Lancer. =]
*Salute*

Postby Knight_Lancer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Hah, not the best photo...

Alright, alright... At some point, I will upload some new work though...

Postby lpsalsaman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Showing off the BLUES! You earned them my friend! :mrgreen:

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Hm, ah well, just something I drew down last night...

Tried to clean it up in PS, failed. Hah.

Re: K_Lancer's - 2 to the 9 Stumps

Postby Deena » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:58 pm

The marines always have the nicest uniforms.XD Anyhow, you have some nice stuff here. Some general proportion/anatomy issues here and there, but nothing that can't be fixed with steady observation and practice. I really like the last drawing's shoes for some unexplainable reason. Maybe it's the detail.XD

Re: K_Lancer's - 2 to the 9 Stumps

Postby Knight_Lancer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Art