[C. Y. XXXIV]- Chibi!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The next C.Y.

X-mas theme, anything related to X-mas
42%
Santa vs. Jack Frost in extreme Sled Racing
5%
Halloween Christmas
5%
Winter Myths
11%
Christmas in July
No votes
Santa's familly
No votes
Winter Demons
11%
Cold
16%
Psycho santa is out to get you
11%

Total votes : 19

Postby Fummo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:54 am

Wow sounds so cool xD Might join

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:59 am

Hehe... Hahahaha. HIAHAHAHA!!

Just as planned!

Hey, give me my DN manga back!

Anyway, now that we're no longer drawing troubling mechanic things, and we have moved on to my specialty, my homefield, you are all doomed! Keahahahahaha!!

Hm, still needs to be pretty damn epic, though.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby narutodesu » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 am

Poo. If my mermaid love story was picked I would have actually participated again for a change.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:18 pm

Did you know the first post has 'Mecha' in the title? :P
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:04 pm

You has dyslexia? Wow. I don't know what was that, i'm going to look at it in google and then give my condolences. :O

Postby Steven M » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:13 pm

What kind of person thinks drawing superdeformed anime knockoffs would be challenging themselves?

[spoiler]Aside from complete weeaboos.[/spoiler]
When you've got balls, it hurts more to sit on the fence. / [My Deviantart]

Postby Erix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:21 pm

I agree with steven m.
this is too easy

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Well, the last C.Y. was too hard. Balance!

Plus, there ought to be something hard about it, if you go about it. Say, like, drawing a 100 chibis would be hard.

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 pm

last CY wasnet hard I dident have drouble at all, I thought it was worth it. besides, doing hard things sharpens your skillzorez that much more.

too bad I wont be participating in this "easy" CY I have a whole lotta awsome to work on (Comicz@q!@)
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Well, it's good that YOU didn't find it hard, but a lot of people did. There's a reason there was so few submissions.

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm

skillzorez can be bought at walmart on isle 12 im not sure I left any though.

:D
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Coos » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Hm.
This may be easy enough for Coos to join in! [for once]
But laziness is taking over...again.
I might have a submission, might not. We'll just wait for time to see.

Postby karauma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:39 pm

Aww... I wanted Mecha Musume. D:>
Bananamancer

Postby Relick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:51 pm

It may be easy, but we might get more participation. Plus, chibis are fun! :D

Oh, and Zoul, you may wanna update the Hall of Win.

Postby Erix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:59 pm

I probably wont be participating because its really not a challenge. I mean I tried with the mechs, though I didnt get anything done, I tried. This one would take me two hours tops to get a cute effective Chibi done.

Postby karauma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:06 pm

ZoulArt wrote:
Mir@k wrote:You has dyslexia? Wow. I don't know what was that, i'm going to look at it in google and then give my condolences. :O
LuLz

Wiki wrote:Dyslexia is a specific learning disability that manifests primarily as a difficulty with written language, particularly with reading and spelling. It is separate and distinct from reading difficulties resulting from other causes, such as deficiencies in intelligence, a non-neurological deficiency with vision or hearing, or from poor or inadequate reading instruction.[1] Dyslexia does not affect speech as a rule. [citation needed]

Evidence suggests that dyslexia results from differences in how the brain processes written and/or verbal language. Although dyslexia is the result of a neurological difference, it is not an intellectual disability. Dyslexia occurs at all levels of intelligence, average, above average, and highly gifted. [2]

The word dyslexia comes from the Greek words δυσ- dys- ("impaired") and λέξις lexis ("word"). People with dyslexia are called dyslexic or dyslectic.

Y'know what's awesome? You and me are now disability buddies! :D
For we both share the same horrible disability. D: I say we start an organization to bring in donations, for free cash. >.>
Bananamancer

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Like I said, draw something, with chibis, that you're not good at. It can't be that hard, unless you're really good at everything.

Are you good at drawing at a Birdseye perspective? Chibis can be drawn from that angle. No one has said it actually has to be a human it could be a chibi MECH for we care. Actually, you could produce something quite Mecha Musume like. Or a chibi monster.

If you people think this is far too easy, you must think a chibi must be a certain type of character drawn from the front in a completely neutral pose. It could be ANYTHING, as long the head is about the size of the body and it's sorta cute.

Postby karauma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Vegedus wrote:you could produce something quite Mecha Musume

Roger that, I'mma proceed as originally planned.
Bananamancer

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:24 pm

I just hope next theme isn't as shitty and simple as this. There are thousand of interest themes like the one Zoul proposed, i was so looking foward to see what the forumers thought would be the insides of kirby, that would have taken skill, BRAINS and creativity. this CY is just grabbing some random character and amplifying his eyes over nine thousand times.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Well, I won't deny that this isn't that good a theme. I didn't really like most of the others that was presented, though.

What's inside Kirby? First of all, you need to know about Kirby, which not everyone does, and while wiki knows everything, it's not a lot of fun to draw a character that you know little about, and it's still restricting.
Second, it's very specific, in a way. You could put everything inside him for the LULZ, but it's what is inside a certain character. About as bad as having people just drawing a certain character, but with different clothes. Or asking "What's inside a beer that's standing open at a party for an hour?". It's most likely beer, but it could *technically* be anything. I find "OMG SNAKES" to be a more cheesy than creative option.
Third... I... Don't really get it. What's inside of him? What he's made off or...? Or the last thing he sucked in...?

I could carry on such a rant for all of the suggestions that was, really. Now we got chibi, stop whining, be creative, it's possible.
Last edited by Vegedus on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby narutodesu » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm going to suggest mermaid love story again after this one :3

Postby Steven M » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:56 pm

I've just got one more thing to say, because my first post sounded pretty asshattish.

Zoul, I don't think you're an idiot for following the rules and picking the most popular option. That is somewhat out of your hands so I'm not angry at you for it and I hope no-one else is.

[spoiler]I WOULD like to know who actually voted for the option, though.[/spoiler]
When you've got balls, it hurts more to sit on the fence. / [My Deviantart]

Postby sam4books » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm

I might join in once I get a new mouse.

*mummer*Stupid mouse.*/mummer*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby karauma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Damn, people aren't too pleased with chibi are they?
Bananamancer

Re: [C. Y. XXXIV]- Chibi!

Postby Dainen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:23 am

not everyone Karauma ^_^
it's possible to make a chibi as hard as you want. if its too easy, go the whole way, do a relative theme, line, colour, background, speech buble if you want, draw a 100 of them like what Vegedus said.
would it be too much if i say you can combine the themes? eg. Narutodesu wants to do a mermaid love story... why not chibify it? and you can try a new style while you're at it xD

er... sorry if i went overboard with this >__> how do you submit for this challenge?
btw, that picture made me laugh ZoulArt x]

Next

Return to Art