All normal Snafu Forum rules apply. (See Below if you're not already aware of them.) Please consult the Index for other important/interesting threads.
ART FORUM RULES
- If you are a new artist, you can either post your art in the "post your ART thread" or create a topic for all of your art. Entitle it "___[your name here]____ art" or something else unique and appropriate, preferably with your name in it. Whenever you create new art, revive your old thread-- DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD. The author of the thread is the only one permitted to revive the thread, so if you are not the author, please do not post in a thread that has fallen below the first and second page of the forum.
- Pimping an existing webcomic, gallery, or other site where YOU are the ARTIST is acceptable, as long as it is done in the required thread-per-artist format. It is preferred that individual images are linked instead of just the entire site, however.
- ART THEFT IS NOT COOL. If you are posting something that is not yours, you must post it in "the Picture thread" Please include a link to the source. If you used someone else's work as a part of something you created, please cite your sources. If I catch you stealing art, not only will I kick your ass so hard, but it'll put you on the fast track to a ban.
- NSFW:: Anything that is not safe for work must be put as a LINK and not an image with a tag that says !!NSFW!! or "Not Safe for Work". Things that are NSFW include, but are not limited to: images of severe violence, nudity, shoujo or shounen-ai (gay or lesbian: nothing wrong with it, but it could conceivably get one into trouble.) etc. Please use your judgement, if you're not sure if it's NSFW, put it behind a link anyway. [EDIT 6/7/05] For Future Reference, I will also request that images that are pretty high on the sex-o-meter that take up the majority of my screen be tagged too. 'Cause I can't AVOID those even when scrolling pretty fast.
- What is ART: Art that is appropriate for this section includes, but is not limited to, 2d drawings, 3d sculpture and renderings, animations, photography, photomanips, basically anything visual that you have created. What is NOT APPROPRIATE is anything that does not comply with the rules of the main forum, this includes pornography. Artistic nudity will be tolerated, but again, this must be under a NSFW tag. Put all art under your art thread, do NOT create a new topic for each kind of your art, please.
- New threads pertaining to the posting or request of AVATARS, SIGNATURES or WALLPAPERS are not allowed. Such postings or requests belong in the Avatar, Signatures and Wallpapers thread.
- New threads that involve a request for art, or the recruitment of an artist are not allowed. Such postings belong in the Requests and Recruitment thread.
- Art that is LITERARY in nature, including poetry, screenplays, short stories, fanfiction, and novellas, should be put in the LITERATURE FORUM.
- Other threads appropriate to this section must be relevant to art somehow. Please leave threadgames and other chatter out of the art forums (except in the Welcome thread.)
- Rules are subject to change when necessary.
Snafu Forum Rules
Alright here is where I'm going to place the general requests for the forum and I'm locking it so it will say just that.
Number one I'd like to remind everyone again to update their profiles since there are the new options such as birthday, gender, title. And also please use an avatar since it makes identifying who is talking so so so much easier. Besides I like seeing the Stats page change.
Try and keep large pictures (both in diameter and in bytes) to a minimum. Some people have 56k or 800 X 600 resolution and it's not fair to them.
Same with Animation, it's fine of course but try not to make it too annoying i.e. blinking.
Swearing is allowed.
Pornagraphic anything is not. This includes links.
The next person to mention tubgirl will proceed directly to Hell, do not pass go do not collect two hundered dollars.
OK I just went to the VG Cats forums and they had rules too and yeah the one I really liked though is the appropriate for work rule. So basically if you post something that isn't appropriate for work, your parents, blah blah blah don't post it. This is refering to pictures and links to other sites only. Text is fair game. I figure if you are at work/school/home and your boss/teacher/parent is taking more than enough time to read the posts and you get in trouble that's your fault. Where as pictures or a link you can glance at it and be all pissy. So yeah I'm done now.
Oh and these are more guidelines than rules. (Pirates of the Caribean.)
OK Raical slurs are a no no as well.
and random acts of "gay" are on the list of "stop it" now.
and seriously if it's just you and one other person and your posts consist of one sentence for nearly a full page please shut the fuck up. Seriously.
Edit Edit Edit:
Plugging your site is totally allowed.
Please be conisderate about how large of files you post in the forums. Such as Avatars. Not everyone has a high speed internet and it's rude to have an Avatar that is some obscene file size. Most still image Avatars should be under 5k. Animated around 20k. EDIT: 150 X 150 is the largest that should be allowed.
Then HUGE images in signatures is annoying. Anything over the size of a large banner link (468X60) is pushing it. It's just not right when a signature is 80% of each post.
so in the end just consider others please.
Kris' addendum about image sizes
I cannot stress this enough: Please keep your images to a tasteful size. Use common sense, people. Most people have a screen size of 1024x768. Many of the images that are being posted in say, the Picture Thread, stretch the screen horizontally. It is extremely annoying. I for one don't mind having to scroll to view an image, but I DO mind having to scroll to read what someone wrote. Not only that, but it causes the page to load slower (obviously). You may have noticed me going in and editing these rather large images with text links. Well, I'm going to run out of witty things to say soon, so it would be nice if you guys used your good judgment to take care of it yourself.
A Snafu IRC chat has been started. It is for Snafu and PPGD both. Stop by sometime and chat with your favorite forumites.
If you do not have an IRC client, get one at http://www.mirc.com (its just one of many). If you use Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc) you can get onto it with that as well.
The new reporting system is in place so that you guys can report posts, topics, and users. Please help out the moderators by reporting any topics (like multiple art threads, specific to this forum) that the mods may miss, as well as anything else you think needs reporting under "Miscellaneous". This way any mod can see the report and it can be dealt with quickly.