Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Postby Giant » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello, my name is Giant

I made the following pictures in honor of the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi comics. I primarily decided to do so because I wanted to learn how to draw the PPGs, but I lacked on inspiration, so I took Bleedman's work as a template. I then planned to send him my fanart, but I shortly afterwards decided not to do so, because I assumed that Bleedman is too much of a busy person to pay attention to my petty art (I am not much of an artist). So then I thought: "Why not just post it on the forum next door?" and so here I am.

The rules I set for myself are as followed:
I take a panel of my choice from the comic and redraw it in the original ppg art. Every character must be displayed as a ppg even if he/she doesn't belong to the trio or is named Bell. Exceptions are: grown-ups and monsters. Also, it must be drawn using microsoft's paint programm. Speech bubbles will not be adopted.

This is what I have so far: (Feel free to name the original page being used as a template)

Yeah, the first one is awfully big. It was my first attempt and I alwasy tended to make the ppg's bodys too long. I might improve any picture I made thus far.

Re: Giant's Redraw Fanart of the PPGD

Postby Cerulean » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello there!
Welcome to Snafu, Giant. Make sure you check out both the rules and the art forum rules. I hope that you're able to enjoy your stay here with us c:
And be sure to check out the other sections of the forum while you're here.

Also
Giant wrote:(I am not much of an artist)

fixed this for you :3
Keep in mind, that all artists have to start somewhere. And you starting with PPG style or (page recreation) doesn't make you any less of one. Another thing, I don't think your art is petty. I think that it's pretty good.
And you drew these in Microsoft Paint? Wow!
It's true that there are a few rough spots, but overall, good work!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Giant » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:04 pm

But honestly, though

I don't consider myself as an artist. I have a rough minimal requirements for these kind of labels in order to preserve the image of these working fields. Just as I don't call myself a musician for playing three minor songs on the keyboard, I don't call myself an artist for my doodles. That also lowers the expectaitions of other peoples as a positive side-effect. Still feeling ya love though <3<3<3

More pictures will be up during the next week, so stay tuned.

Postby Jesturr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:50 am

If you draw for enjoyment then you should consider yourself an artist :o
It's hard to imagine anyone who is successful in drawing to have been successful their entire life - everyone started out with "petty doodles" (not that yours are very petty to begin with, that 3rd one is cute :D )

Anyway! Welcome welcome to the art forums! Relentlessly stalking and commenting other people's threads is a great way to get yourself noticed and ask for advice and improvement, if that's what you're after! (Except me, I'm a free stalker >w>) As you are a digital artist, please feel free to hop on our recently revived and very ancient paintchat! I don't think Bleed checks here (or anywhere on the forums) often, so you should send him your fanart anyway! I think he'd love it.
Bagel Eater

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 am

Hello Giant. Welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around and enjoy your stay. c:
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Giant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:17 am

Jesturr wrote:you should send him your fanart anyway!

advice accepted. Let's hope for the best.

incoming!

it should be by now no secret who my favorite poperpuff girl is. also, it is again a little too large. Unfortunately I have to make it this way, because paint's pixels are HUGE.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello adorable newbie! let me cuddle you and your work~

I like it a lot. Inspiration-wise, just draw anything! when you're stuck, it can be just fun to draw whatever!

Likewise, yosh, I understand that doodling by itself can be addicting. Just do what's fun!

If you want to improve your doodles- hm, I find it hard to believe there isn't any PPG-style tutorial's on youtube somewhere.

Your pictures are really good, the only error in style is the arms. They're stubbier then that. But you probably want to complete the pose. The PPG girls are quite limited in natural positions to put them in.

Buttercup's your favorite then? BLANKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Seeing innocent work like this always inspires me to doodle~

..... Wait, I have life-relevant things to do. Dammit. DX I can't remember the last time I really just doodled!
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Giant » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:04 am

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Hello adorable newbie! let me cuddle you and your work~

*cuddling back*

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Your pictures are really good, the only error in style is the arms. They're stubbier then that.

Oh man, I really appreciate the critique, but I am not entirely sure if I understand what you mean. If you or anyone else could rephrase it or link it on a specific example, so that I could understand it, then I might be able to consider it, too. (I are non native english speaker :( )

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:BLANKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh man, I really appreciate the critique, but I am not entirely sure if I understand what you mean.

You're welcome! Let's see, well- the first Buttercup picture, and then especially her again in the Gym room picture. The arms are kind of long and skinny. Where as most often, they're short in a deformed way- You got them perfect in that last one! XD

Keep posting and maybe one of these days I'll track down a good tutorial. Though I can't imagine they're very scarce.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Return to Art