Sam4books-Official Gallery[The Tunnel]Skip to 68

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby sam4books » Sat May 24, 2008 4:29 pm

Nope, but you were close age and gender wise, reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaal close.

And yes, pride's next. The inking's already done :)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby sam4books » Mon May 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Name: Alice Fillmore
Height: 5' 5 1/4"
Deadly Sin: Pride
Fav Color(s): Purple (Though she never seems to wear it) and Yellow
Likes: Cats, Popularity, Department Stores, Makeup, Beauty Magazines, Soap Operas, and The Red Carpet
Dislikes: Peasants, The Illiterate, False Advertising, Teachers, Sports, The Rain, Global Warming (she claims it's bad for her skin)
Personality: Stuck-up and Stubborn

Yet another one of those people who won't last long (due to mental breakdowns). Alice, is Mini's elder step-sister and can be a real biotch when she wants to. She's basically one of those people who gets there way all the time. You can't help but hate her, and I know you do, you can't hide that face. The worst part is, since it is Spring Break we're talking about (think Easter), she was coming home anyways (only she was a bit late and got side-tracked). So it's natural that she runs into Mini, with like 8 other people following close behind (including her brother who's also Mini's stepbrother). What happens when you put this many people together in one abandoned church. Well, you'll soon find out ;) *runs off to organize scripts*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Black » Tue May 27, 2008 11:23 am

Dammit! Only 2 girls (who are 12 & 13) and I guessed the wrong one XD!

Pride looks good. I see no flaws. Nicely done.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby sam4books » Tue May 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey atleast you were close. Now that I pretty much have the prolouge script down, I just have to finish the comic's cover page and figure out how to start chapter one.....not an esay thing to do -__-
In passing

Postby sam4books » Sat May 31, 2008 5:02 pm

Finally! I'm able to start this thing! With the new fancy text it's bound to make it to the end or my name is not Sam T! This is basically a "Seven Deadly Sins" comic with a bunch of twists. In fact so many it'll make your head explode, not to mention minor cases of deja vu. I hope you all enjoy this comic because I intend to keep this going for ages. Updates every Sunday ;) Enjoy :D
Last edited by sam4books on Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In passing

Postby Fummo » Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Awesome. Nice cover. I wanna see this

Postby sam4books » Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Thanks ^^ The first page of the prolouge's already inked :D
In passing

Postby Fummo » Sat May 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Cool. Good luck with it.

Postby sam4books » Sat May 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Yeah, I will need it o.O
In passing

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Sorry about the "last panel", I really screwed up on it and I'm pissed about it. I created one of the text bubbles on the "Background" layer instead of the intended, "Bubbles" layer TT__TT What it's meant to say is;

Unknown Person #1: Tell me a story.
Unknown Person #2: Can it be a scary story?
Unknown Person #1: Any type of story.
Unknown Person #2: Okay, just let me get something.

Other than that, and the overly dark 3rd panel, I think I did okay for not making comics in awhile. Besides, I'm kinda glad I made that mistake since my ego has been growing lately thanks to my dad and art teachers >_>

On a greater note it finally begins!! *does a victory dance* I can't tell how long it took for me to figure out how to start this thing *silently thanks God*, I would love it if I got to finish this comic. I have alot of hopes for it, and if it ends I even thought of a backup comic ;) There will be alot of foreshadowing in this prologue, and a bunch of deaths (already). Nothing I can't handle right? Right???
In passing

Postby Black » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:30 pm

"It's a small step for sam4books, but a giant leap for Snafu!" XD
I await further pages :D

Postby sam4books » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:37 pm

I lol'd xD Your patience will be rewarded ;)
In passing

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:03 pm

*coughyesitiscough*

Yay! More fanciness! Yeah.......Mini's a jerk when she wants to be, but don't worry she won't stay that way, I'll make sure of it ;) In fact Mini's based off the angry side of me while Noah's based off the bookworm side (hence the username). I hope this makes up for the last strip.....I worked extra hard on the text bubbles. Also there are two sources of light in Mini's and Noah's room. The lamp, and a lightbulb suspending from the air in the center. Their room, though very large (it's in the attic), is very messy, as you can see in the 3rd panel.

Now that I'm done yapping, let me wish you a Happy Father's Day!
In passing

Postby Black » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:32 pm

Well... character introduction, huh? Next page should have a lot of Minnie, right? (Seeing there was Noah in all panels except first on this page...)

So... Introducing Noah as sensitive one and Mini as a minie XD Hmm... Didn't you say Noah will be calm and serious? He seemed quite emotional when his lego tower was broken.

Re: Sam4books-Official Gallery ["Them": Prologue-P

Postby Teran » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Looks nice. I shall wait for teh updates.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Don't worry he'll reveal to be calm and serious soon ;) He's just sensitive about precious things that he spent hours on getting ruined such as his lego tower and "diary". Throughout most of the story he will be mainly exploring and studying his surroundings, instead of trying to escape like MOST of the others. In fact, he'll be one of the first to notice that something's wrong.

Thanks for the comments though. Mini's going to get alot of screentime in the next page ;)
In passing

Postby Teran » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am

LEGOS: Serious Business!
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Nox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 am

He should call it a 'Journal'. Es muy macho.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:42 pm

It is a journal :P
In passing

Postby sam4books » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm a bit early but who cares about that? It's flashback time >:3

Even though it's not really a flashback since it's not either of their memories and it happened way before they were born. Not to mention the memory belongs to characters you haven't met yet (note: I said "characters"), and it's been changed around so many times it's not even funny o.O So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times and refrain from eating or drinking until the time travel is over. Thank you and have a nice day :3
In passing

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:22 pm

That does it, I'm done with religion! j/k, but I hate haunted churches.

Postby sam4books » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:09 pm

So do I, they spook me out. Just goes to show not all churches are pure. I go to this one church with a bell tower that's just screaming "danger!". Trying to resist the urge to go up there, in case I die. Speaking of death I almost got killed. At Walmart. Twice. I'm shopping at K-mart from now on!
In passing

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Church is related to religion. Religion is related to the government... :P
I had already seen it today on your DA, I wonder where this is going...
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:05 pm

sam4books wrote:Speaking of death I almost got killed. At Walmart. Twice.

Tell me more.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I was in the parking lot with my mom, brother, 3 babies, 2nd cousin, and her daughter. There was this one car who was so blind that he almost ran me and my baby brother over instead of staying in the middle of the lane like normal cars should or going around us. I mean the parking lot was clear enough for it to go around too. After shopping I almost got ran over again by another car. Not toi mention this one car was going at like 60 miles per hour on our street (which is a side street) when I got home. I swear, someone is out to kill me or something....I mean there was two fires right next to my house for goodness' sake! Did I mention my kitchen is haunted by some guy who commited suicide in my bedroom? No? Didn't think so.
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Art