Vegedus' art thread {SPAAACE OOOPRAH 5/7/13}

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Vegedus » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:51 am

@ Glah

I'd appreciate your comment more if it was fully phrased.
Your talking about the last, right? Well, I'm fairly sure the hair isn't very random (it always sticks in the exact same directions), and I dunno about the length. It could have grown together with his physical aspects.

@ MrHoboX

It's Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes. The boy and his stuffed tiger. I sure hope it's because my rendition is crappy you don't recognize him, because I have little respect for those who don't know freaking Calvin and Hobbes (and doesn't have a valid reason not to know them).

Aaaaaanyway, sketch dump.

No, Ivenks is not going to get raped. There's only rape if there's a tentacle monster. And yeah, I drew it at that angle. Dunno why. And man, I gotta stop making Angel look goofy. I also realize I haven't drawn him where doesn't smile like a psycho. He is a psycho, but I now have 5 pics in where he smiles exactly the same way.

My hand. Holding an apple. There. Stupid scanner doesn't pick up the lighter strokes...

Aaaaand a chibi for good measure. Supposedly an athletic one or something. One of my girl friends (emphasis on friend, not girl. Stupid english language) commented that I've gotten good at drawing boobs. YES!

In other news, I've been working a good deal on the C.Y., but it is not to be shown yet... Just know that me and Relick will PWN you all, Keahahahahaha!!
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Silver Samurai » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am

Looks good anyways, Vege! XD

I like the chibi, and the hand you drew for the second picture looks realistic.

And for the first picture, the angle made the drawing look good. XD
"Let's ignite this war! This war of love!"

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Vegedus wrote:@ Glah

In other news, I've been working a good deal on the C.Y., but it is not to be shown yet... Just know that me and Relick will PWN you all, Keahahahahaha!!

what? cockyness? how long you draw a week?
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Coos » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:05 pm

the Hand n Apple is amazing.

Postby Faust777 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Vegedus wrote:There's only rape if there's a tentacle monster.

This is going in my sig.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Vegedus » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 pm

@ Silver

Thanks, good, it is supposed to be realistic and I'll note angle makes things look good.
Didn't have a lot of bad things to say, eh? :P

@ Rockwell

I'm always a little cocky about the C.Y., it's a fun joke. The thing is, though, when you say stuff like that, I almost believe you mean it and really is that arrogant bastard and not just playing.

@ Coos

Heh, thanks. I've drawn quite a bit of hands because I always have an ample reference, so I'm getting pretty good at it, I guess. I'd drawn portraits and stuff too, but then I'd need to ask someone to pose for me, and that always feels awkward.

@ Faust777

lol I'm honored! Though, taking it out of context, it makes it sound like I'm condoning rape between humans.
This is a rough forum, so I'm sure it won't be a problem, but I've seen large debates and lots of drama made over tinier misunderstandings.

Postby Faust777 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Vegedus wrote:@ Faust777

lol I'm honored! Though, taking it out of context, it makes it sound like I'm condoning rape between humans.
This is a rough forum, so I'm sure it won't be a problem, but I've seen large debates and lots of drama made over tinier misunderstandings.

But of course! This forum would just laugh at tentacle rape ahahaha xD
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:27 pm

how much you draw a week?
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Vegedus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:03 am

@ Faust:

I laugh in the face of [strike]danger[/strike] raep, HAHAHAHA!! (guess the reference)

@ Rockwell:

Oh, I misinterpreted your original question. I though you asked rhetorically if I started drawing a week.

Hm, let's see. It kinda varies. I drew a lot during the summer vacation, but school has taken a bit of my mojo. I sketch at least a little almost everyday, but often times it's hardly something that counts as practice. I think I draw at least 5 hours a week, including computer work. I dunno if you count that or not.
Last edited by Vegedus on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MrHoboX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Of course I know Calvin and Hobbes, it's a solid corer of my childhood. The height threw me off.
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Vegedus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Good, good. I can now properly respect you as a human being. And yeah, he was supposed to be a bit older (though he still wears the same clothes?), so I made him a bit taller.

Anyway, it's time for... That thing. Now in color.

Of notice is that I tried to do a dynamic pose, and the lightsource isn't exactly standard. Oh, and I added a shadow. I think it combats the "floating" thing well.

And by god, I swear I won't upload more Ivenks until I've posted some full bodies of the other people.

Postby Relick » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:08 am

Wow! He's really sexy there, Veg! So cool! Great job!

Postby MrHoboX » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:56 am

There are a few issues with the midsection and legs, proportion wise but I'm happy to see you pushing yourself.
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Black » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:21 am

Proportions are a bit off, but coloring is really good. Reminds me of some of my old works (except mine didn't have coloring XD).
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:48 am

@ Relick

Sexy? That wasn't quite the intention but... I suppose it's just your way of saying it's good?

@ MrHoboX

Yeah, I kinda have to bug myself into drawing poses, so it's not something I'm good at. It'll take a while before the proportion details get's right, but I'm definitely improving.

@ Black

Eh, I wonder if the last sentence is meant as a compliment.

Postby Coos » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:03 pm

i like, i mean, really like the coloring.
its Colortastic.

Postby Vegedus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:11 pm

Colortastic... That really something.

Today's update is a preview of what I'll be doing for the C.Y.:

It's a mummy! Actually, it's Cecia, dressed up as a mummy. The hair is supposed to give it away. I tried hard to make her female forms and hawtness to shine through all the bandage... Would some hard nipples be appropriate?

Postby Coos » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:52 pm

It would be sexy :snoogins:

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:55 pm

anatomy and porportion.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby Vegedus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Coos: Yeah... I don't really think I need your opinion on stuff like this. I can pretty much guess your answer beforehand.

Rockwell: ... What about it? Need to train it? I suck at it? It's fucked up?

Postby Coos » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Yes, but you would still want it anyway.
I might not thinks its sexy when you might think that I think it is. So I do it anyways XD

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:46 pm

I recomonde looking at better works than youself, thats what I do, once you get brain washed on how the right thing goes youll know when somthing is wrong.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby Vegedus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:18 am

Coos: I guess that makes sense... You do like tentacle raep as much as me, though, right?

Rockwell: I dunno if I've mentioned it before, but while I really, seriously want constructive criticism, I only want it if it's actually useful. That wasn't. That wasn't even criticism, just a tip. An obvious tip. I'm not sure there are any artists who don't look to others for inspiration. Not to mention, I actually posted a tip along the same line in the "improving yourself as an artist" thread, except more comprehensive and better spelled. Considering you neglected to answer my question about your previous post, you now have 2 completely useless posts in my thread! Congratulations.

Postby Coos » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:11 am

Vegedus wrote:Coos: I guess that makes sense... You do like tentacle raep as much as me, though, right?

Shit yes.

Postby Faust777 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Vegedus wrote:@ Faust:

I laugh in the face of [strike]danger[/strike] raep, HAHAHAHA!! (guess the reference)

Duhhhhh............Lion King lol
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Art