Vegedus' art thread {SPAAACE OOOPRAH 5/7/13}

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vegedus' stuff of artsiness - Big Daddy... Chibified?! -

Postby leddkire » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Very nice coloring. I like it because it has textures too, and a very clean lineart.

Postby Dark_Buster_XYZ » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:33 pm

that chibi is pretty superior, keep that kind if textures

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:12 am

Hmm, so you all like the texture? It was just some filter noise + blur, so it wasn't like it took any considerable time to do. I just made it because Big Daddies are always so dirty and grimy. I could try experimenting with putting it on the normal pictures... After all, any fabric and skin has texture too.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby MrHoboX » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 am

Awesomecakes, are the official trademark of Shoi. I borrowed some because she did something soo freaking sweet it deserved it. As for you, your Big Daddy gets my seal of approval... Awesome To THE MAX!!!

Very good job, chibi might be your thing!
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:01 am

Well, I do find chibis very easy to do. I mostly do them when I'm to lazy to draw something challenging. But isn't that kinda the purpose of the chibi? For them to be quick, easy, cute sketches? Except that the 'quick' part goes out the window once you have to ink and color them too. I'd draw them more, but fact is that there's really no place for them in my dramatic comic of seriousness, so I can't really put them to much use. I need to focus on drawing people in a more realistic style.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:19 pm

So, I spent a good deal of time today working on a new avatar. I wanted to do something different, so yeah, gif. It could probably have come out better if I had flash, imageready is such a pain.

And no, he isn't going super saiyin if you're wondering. It's just... You know, Ivenks eye morphing into Angels... Or something. I just figured it would look good. I pulled most of the colors directly from the C.Y. entry picture:,linked in case you are one of those weird people who don't check that thread.
And man, even I am getting tired of linking all the time. Maybe I should down the sour juice (I couldn't remember the way it was supposed to go ><) and resize it further down. I'm sure smallness bothers me more than you.

Now, I need to make another C.Y. entry, but... I wanna do sprites!

Postby Coos » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Ooo.
Great stuff Veg.
I personally love the coloring.

Postby sonoske » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:22 pm

good stuff...keep it up...flying monkeys...etc...
don't fucking push me. i might cry ;_;
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21646
~my art thread

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 am

Everyone luuves the colouring. Well, no colours today. School (and stuff like Shadow of the Colossus) is keeping me rather busy, so I've barely had time to work on the C.Y. This is all that's done at the moment:

This is not even a panel. This is going to be PART of panel 1.... Yeah... I hope I manage to even finish it.

On another note, I went to buy some pencils today, since my others have disappeared mysteriously. I need to get some with an eraser on top, because I don't have a small eraser for teh details. The only pack which had these were a good deal more expensive (in relative terms, it's just pencils), but I was in for a nice surprise: with the exception of the eraser, they're completely black. The wood itself that they're made of is black. Since my mom have just gotten a new digital camera, I just needed to take a picture of them because they're sooooo cool. Seriously the coolest pencils ever. Oh, and I put myself in the picture too, so you could get a look at my ugly mug while I was at it.

I could have removed the red eye, but why would I when I was trying to look creepy anyway?

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:21 pm

You made it! :D
You look creepy. lulz.

The winged dude looks like he has a parasit inside.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby MrHoboX » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Well I guess wolverine let his hair down.
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Coos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:33 pm

OMG HES GOT PEN-SHAPED KUNAI!
XD

Re: Vegedus' "art" - A blinky eye and rain fightin

Postby leddkire » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:47 pm

Nice pencils. They look pretty menacing.

Postby OmNiSciScIeNt-NaRaTrEsS » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Haha ! I love the picture !
(and moreover you're handsome ^^)
The drawing is nice too, and a little bit sad.
The piwel ID is cool and your chibi is amazing !!!

Postby Purple_Shade » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:24 pm

The hand learns over time, with many strokes to touch upon the muscle memory. Practice is good for that reason exactly.
- Just my personal opinion, but I believe you should consider doing many chibbi's for sake of learning.
(I'm gonna go all yoda on you) Deformed they may be, but help you learn general placement of body, colour, and shadow, they will.
---

- Wonderful work on the big daddy by the way, it does, as many others have said, look awesome. - (Textures are something you want to play around with and find what ones work for which type of surface. Grunge works very well with unpolished metal, cement/rock, and paper effects. But, I would suggest creating your own texture for skin because photoshop doesn't have one that emulates skin very well; or at least the versions I have worked with and seen don't.)

concerning the line art winged man: - You are very good with sharp looking objects - the eyed spikes do look quite like they are protruding from him ... I likes it. :)

Postby Vegedus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 pm

Mir@k wrote:You look creepy. lulz.

Gooood. That was quite the intention.

The winged dude looks like he has a parasit inside.

You could call it that. If it was something biological, it would be a parasite.

MrHoboX wrote:Well I guess wolverine let his hair down.

Yeah, after Jean died he became totally emo and hang his hair in front of his face. Now he cuts his wrists all the time, but to no avail, since he heals so goddamn fast.

TheCoosinator wrote:OMG HES GOT PEN-SHAPED KUNAI!
XD

Yes, and I will throw them at you. Virtually.

leddkire wrote:Nice pencils. They look pretty menacing.

Yeah, I think so too. Fits the theme of what I'm drawing too.

OmNiSciScIeNt-NaRaTrEsS wrote:Haha ! I love the picture !
(and moreover you're handsome ^^)
The drawing is nice too, and a little bit sad.
The piwel ID is cool and your chibi is amazing !!!

*scrapes the floor with the left foot and looks away, shyly* you flatter me...

Purple_Shade wrote:Deformed they may be, but help you learn general placement of body, colour, and shadow, they will.

I guess you're right. Chibis are simple to shade and stuff, so you get the basics down fast.

Purple wrote:concerning the line art winged man: - You are very good with sharp looking objects

I try. It's my favorite shape :)

the eyed spikes do look quite like they are protruding from him ... I likes it. :)

Good, because that was a concern of mine; that it actually looks like they're coming out from under his skin. I'm probably gonna place some more rips and tears in the jacket in the cleanup phase.

Between homework sessions, I hope to get to drawing lots this weekend. It would be a catastrophe if the comic didn't make it in time.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Coos » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Vegedus wrote:
TheCoosinator wrote:OMG HES GOT PEN-SHAPED KUNAI!
XD

Yes, and I will throw them at you. Virtually.

Really? Oh shi-

Postby Vegedus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:28 pm

Third page?! God, I need to update more... But I've been busy. Sigh...

Anyway, here's some portraits of the characters from Still City:

Cecia. I totally made that name up right now. The name is often times the last thing I settle on in a character concept lol. Anyway, she's the token hawt female and on the good guys side. And, she's a psychiatrist. She's also a pretty good marksman. Her hair always covers her right eye and it is far from a coincidence.

Gerock. Always wears that black cap since he's completely gangesta and from the hood, yo. Even gangstars can be superheroes, though. As far as combat abilities goes, let's just say I'd have called him "Kicker" if it didn't sound so childish.

Those who've followed should know this guy. Angel. That's just a synonym, though. He's the bad guy. I think I exaggerated his badness a bit *whimper*. And a pair of metal wings apparently make for the best weapon ever.

And then onto something else. Relick and I (hey, I did it right! I think...) are collabing for the C.Y., and since she's doing the pencils, I can't do much until she finishes with that, so I figured I would do some other pencil work. Like, Talus. I mean, if she gets to draw my Ivenks, I get to draw her Talus, it's only fair!

While I've many times drawn women to manly, this is probably the first time I've drawn a male to feminine. I think it's because his face is supposed to be much longer.
Anyway, I tried mucking around a bit with shading with pencils, something I've never done before. I started out with trying to do that hatching everyone talks about. Turns out I wasn't good at it. What, do you have to learn stuff before you can use it now? Bah, I'ma go hit up a tutorial.

Postby MrHoboX » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 pm

The only way to learn stuff to use it. Is to do it over and over and over again... And over again. And eventually, your hand will remember it.

Postby Coos » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:28 am

Cecia kinda reminds me of Andriod 18

Postby Relick » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:20 am

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! *bounces about in several different directions*

Talus looks great! I love it! I'll finish our lineart as soon as humanly possible. I've been a little busy lately, but I should have some time to finish up and ink today and tonight. ^_^

Postby Hana » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Ye asked for teaching. *chuckles* What would you like to learn? ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:47 am

@ MrHobox

Yeah, I've kinda deduced that by now. Even a million tutorials can't make you a master if you don't pick up the pencil. They can still speed up your progress, though.

@Coos

Hm, I guess I can see a bit of similarity... Cecia is also a cold hearted bitch BTW :P

@Relick

*flexes* Oh yeah, I know you love me... Uh, it. And man, what's with you and getting so excited about stuff such as this? It makes me wanna do more... Hey! I call dirty tactics!

@Hana

Heh, didn't figure you'd take it that literally. But everyone could use a teacher.
Let's see... I have some trouble with females too, but I need to draw some full bodies before the problem can be properly assessed. I would like to learn to draw people from angels above and below... I really can't draw backgrounds at all... I'm not good at designing stuff, though I wonder if that can be teached at all... Action scenes, speed lines, that sorta thing...

Yeah, that's the list off the top of my list lol.

In other news, can you guess who this is?!

Postby Glahardt » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:20 am

Hair needs to be more random, length of the lines, maybe the directions.

Postby MrHoboX » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:45 pm

Hmmmm.... Noooo. I cant say I recognize that guy. The again I dont get out much.

PreviousNext

Return to Art