BLAck'z ART => Farewell to Snafu (19th Mar 2013)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: BLAck'z ART => Finally sthg shaded... (& sthg not so)

Postby Engravement » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:42 am

I like the perspective of the gunner, Black. :D

Postby Black » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 pm

:left: Glad you liked it. Thanks for the comment.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Black » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:19 am

I finally finished my "GTA: Vice City" stunting vieo - "Black's Stunt Video 2":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj24uYyrwRI
It was supposed to feature another agent called Hicks, whose skin was based on original DOS "Syndicate", but he couldn't look right just as a skin (player model normally wears a semi-unbuttoned shirt) and I didn't want to re-model the player, 'cause I couldn't say "no cheats nor modifications" in that case XD. Anyway, enjoy the video.

Some drawn art should be up soon, too (hopefully, tomorrow).

BLAck'z ART => New Drawings!

Postby Black » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, here's another later-than-expected update. I've been busy with some RL stuff (preparing some of the meals 'cause my mother's away, among others; going out with friends; ...), but I finally took some time to draw something.

A monster from an inprovised rl RP:

One of my old OCs (Crash) leaping:
I just couldn't draw her left leg right, don't know why. And her head is kinda small...

A spacecraft ramming an UFO. He's using his forward shield to break the UFO's hull, since UFO's shields are down. Inspired by "X-Com: Interceptor" (I haven't played that game in quite some time - ever since I've beaten it on "Superhuman" difficulty, which everyone considered impossible *both near me and on 'net*).

And finally a sleeping Bile Demon from "Dungeon Keeper 2" (with an eye-patch):

Re: BLAck'z ART => New Drawings!

Postby Deena » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Hehe, that bile demon looks neat.XD

I think the girl's torso is too large rather than her head being too small. That may be why you were having trouble with her leg, since it's difficult to scale it all proportionally.

Re: BLAck'z ART => New Drawings!

Postby Black » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks.
Hmm... Hey, you're right! I can't believe I haven't figured it out XD I'll probably try to make a better one soon.

BLAck'z ART => Updated 27th Sep;

Postby Black » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:07 am

I've been away from my hometown for a short while, so I did mostly sketches.

Sketches I made while waiting for my little cousin to get back from school:
:up: There's a chess board with pieces that big near my hometown. I hope I'll finish this drawing soon :) .
:up: Inspired by my Syndicate/GTA cross-over.

I know the proportions seem a bit off, but they should be about that way, 'cause that's supposed to be a skinny, tall guy :down:

And here's some stuff I drew inside the moving bus, going back to my hometown from "Fog city":
:up: I know his head seems kinda big, but that's actually 'cause the guy's rather short. Shorty, the Knight, at your service XD . His left shoulder is a bit off, isn't it...?
:up: My characters Gamer and Joy Stick playing their console game on their new Face-TV, using their skull-pad and man-pad :D . You can see they're currently winning by Joy's expression :) .
:up: Poses sketch - a (random?) guy being swarmed by my D.C.T. assault squad.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Machine Love sig (28th Sep)

Postby Black » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 am

Black, about 14 hours ago wrote:I actually made this on 27th (after that day's update), but I didn't get to upload it earlier.
"Machine Love" sig:
Hope you like it :) .

Here's a drawing of Goku I made for my little cousin, who's a big fan of the character:

And here's a Warlock I drew today:

<EDIT - 10 hours later:>
I made this photo manipulation I titled "Dungeon Keeper RL":
I messed around in Photoshop after finding a real-life photo of an underground tunnel almost identical to ones from the game "Dungeon Keeper 2".

BLAck'z ART => Drawings (1st Oct)

Postby Black » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am

I've visited some cousins yesterday and they insisted that I stay at their place for the night and return today in the morning, so sorry for not visiting Snafu last night. On the bright side, I did draw a lot at their place :mrgreen: .

Random monster exiting it's broken cryo-tube:
Singing girl:
Computer Worm:
I actually always put dates on my every drawing, I just usually remove them after scanning XD. The only reason I left it here was 'cause there would've been some empty space in the drawing if I deleted it XD.
Blader showdown:

I also finished the reference sheet for my character for the Snafu OC Battle League. It's a thumbnail, so click on it to see the full-sized image:

Also, my Internet 'expires' (in my hometown) tomorrow night and I might be 'netless for a few days until I go to the 'Fog City' and activate my Internet connection there.
Last edited by Black on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Drawings (1st Oct)

Postby Brax4 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:54 am

That thing coming out of the tube is pretty sweet. Nice effect of on the glass too.
And the Blader Showdown was pretty freakin' sweet, nice perspective.
Keep up the good work.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: BLAck'z ART => Drawings (1st Oct)

Postby Black » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them.
I forgot to mention, Eddy(the shape-shifter)'s 2nd comic will be done a bit later, 'cause I can't decide on some stuff yet (exact intro page, panel placement, etc.), but there'll be a bit more serious short comic involving another character soon.

BLAck'z ART => Drawings (2nd Oct)

Postby Black » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm netless at the moment. I'm posting from friens' home.

Here's a semi-realistic Dranton Riley:

And here's Robo-Icy's design for Eddy's (shapeshifter's) 2nd comic:
This piece was critiqued for having weirdly drawn crotch, to which I replied as Iwould to anyone who entions that - it's 'cause he's an android, he doesn't have, uh... reproduction organs. Totally not 'cause I messed up <.< >.> .

Re: BLAck'z ART => Semi-realistic? (2nd Oct)

Postby Engravement » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Well he may not have reproductive organs, but that doesn't mean there are no folds where they "should" be.
I want that chocolate bar. D:

Re: BLAck'z ART => Semi-realistic? (2nd Oct)

Postby Black » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Finally! I has zee Internetz again!

I know. Notice the shifty eyes :up: (<.< >.>) I messed that up and didn't notice/fix it in time, so... yeah.
Dranton offers those to almost everyone. It's part of his "charm".

In any case, on to the new art!
2 "Digital Cookes" drawings with my good ol' Comp-1P characters:
And Megapol officer (or someone in Megapol armor) wielding Marsec machinegun (from "X-Com: Apocalypse"):

Re: BLAck'z ART => Digital Cookies (6th Oct)

Postby mykie274143 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:50 am

The computer worm is win. XD XD XD

Postby Black » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I should draw my Comp-1P characters more often XD.

Anyway, I got a fever or something recently. I think I lost 'bout half the liquid I imputed to my body through my nose in last few days, too. Sounds gross? Trust me, it feels even worse :( .
Also, I'm scannerless while I'm away from my hometown, so next drawn art update might not be so soon (in 1-4 weeks), unless I web-cam' some stuff - but quality of those sucks big time. I might upload some digital pieces, tho'.
And Meho's commission... it's going kinda slow 'cause of my sickness, but I did manage to do a little bit of work on it...
Oh, yeah - I changed my sig' a bit to include a link to "Snafu O.C.T. 2: Afterlife". I was planning a complete redesign, but I didn't have the strength to go through it. Damn fever...

Postby mykie274143 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 pm

black, I'm doing a snafu: afterlife poster, could you get me a raw copy of that vector art with the "Snafu OCT" logo in it?

BLAck'z ART => Dranton's Hobbies (ft. Snafu OCs) (10th Oct)

Postby Black » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:14 am

I'm afraid I don't have it, I've just got the png version. The Snafu O.C.T. logo was made by ZoulArt, so you'll have to ask him for the vector version.

I actually web-cammed one of the drawings I drew between lessons at my faculty (hence the notebook paper instead of the sketchbook's clear one):
The "admin" was initially supposed to be a mod (Zoul), but when I tought up the critical success/admin joke I just drew a random crazy-looking guy instead (looks like Trotter, doesn't it?). That was mostly 'cause I couldn't remember who the admins were, actually. The only one I remembered was Dave and I couldn't remember how exactly he (read: his avatar) looked XD.

Also...
I drew a little something in "MS Paint". Using a touch-pad. While I still haven't completely recovered from my sickness. I also have many image-editing programs far better than "Paint" - thanks to my faculty (Corel Draw, Photoshop, GIMP, Flash,... ), but I wanted to try making something in "Paint" for some reason (curse you, PaintChat D: ). Took me about 3.5 hours to do it, too. I know what you're thinking. "Is this guy some kind of masochist or something!?", right? Maybe I am. I'm the guy using "PowerPoint" to make art (and frame-based animations), afterall XD.
Anyway, I appologoze for not making your OCs look as cool as they are, but "Paint + Touch-pad = Blah", I guess... Now that I got the urge to make something in "Paint" out of my system, I'll try making something better-looking.
It wasn't really neccessary for me to use other peoples' OCs, but I thought - what the heck. Their creators deserve a place there. I wanted to squeeze few other OCs in, but I didn't want to make it too long for no good reason. Seriously.
About the OCs I used: Dranton - made by me, Remi - made by Visi, Malize - made by Mykie, Joe - made by Coos, Trotter - made by BrokenLine. I hope you guys don't mind me using your OCs?
Just for the record - Dranton's not a blood-thirsty, cold-blooded maniac. He just "goes with the flow" when his team attacks the enemy - and his team-mates tend to be... well... not so subtle (In zombie-infested city he got teamed up with a paranoid sniper and explosives-addict. The only "normal" person in their team was a doctor who accompanied them.). That's why I put Trotter with him in the last page XD.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc21 ... es-fin.jpg
:up: It kinda has blood... and some weirdly-colored flames... So I left it as a link.

<EDIT:>
Made this today:
Behold my dark energy blast! Made in "PowerPoint 2003" (except for the original photo, of course). I guess it would've looked better if I didn't wear black clothes (which I kinda almost always do XD) - the darkness kinda "merges" with them and part of it's coolness is lost. Ah, well.
Tomorrow I'll most likely try to make a fireball in my hand. Hope I don't get burnt XD.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Dranton's Hobbies (ft. Snafu OCs) (10th Oct)

Postby Black » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:56 pm

No reaction to my usage of other people's OCs? No outbursts nor lawsuits? Not a single person complaining that I screwed something up about their OCs? O-key...

Fireball's postponed. Too many flammable materials in my home now.

A little something I made just now (took about minute or 2 in Photoshop):
Enjoy :mrgreen: .

Re: BLAck'z ART => Cowspider (Spider Cowboy) (12th Oct)

Postby Black » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I finally finished the coloring for the Ref Sheet for my SOCBL character Dranton Riley (image's kinda big, so I left it as a link):
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc21 ... s_ref3.jpg
Made in "Flash 8". Enjoy? Pweeze? :sosad:

Seriusly, tho' - his hair... yeah. I messed up rather badly, didn't I? Please ignore it. I'm just not good at coloring hair (atm, at least).
Last edited by Black on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Dranton's Ref Sheet Colored (13th Oct)

Postby Engravement » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Must. Remember. To. Log. In.
I thought the OC comic was rather funny. :3

Re: BLAck'z ART => Dranton's Ref Sheet Colored (13th Oct)

Postby Black » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:29 am

Thanks. Glad to get some feedback.

<EDIT:>
:up: I took my own advice and experimented with hair coloring. I finally fixed Dranton's hair in his back view.

Re: BLAck'z ART => Dranton's Ref Colored (fixed 14th Oct)

Postby Chuckledarkly » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:07 am

nice coloring but as to the way you draw people some time i wana get you in paint chat and i can give ya some tips because i can practically see the tiny changes that could make it so much better! Lets set up a date i wana get you drawing! And while we're at it you can teach me a little about coloring. =3 everybodywins! =D

*did like the little thing at the bottom showing where his knives are.
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Black » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks. I actually always thought of coloring as being my weak side XD . Oh, how the tides turn...
Actually, PM91 gave me some pointers ('bout 2 weeks ago) to help me draw clothes and stuff a bit better. I actually wanted to change Dranton's original lineart when I traced it in "Flash" and draw it a bit more realistically, but in the end I decided not to make any major changes to the original lineart. That was just my style, afterall XD.
Anyway, any hint/pointer is appreciated and it's sure to help, so - yeah. I'm kinda free on friday, saturday and sunday (in other words, next 3 days) whole day. I'm in UTC GMT + 1 time zone (South-East Europe) and, basically, anything not late at night/early morning (past 12am) pretty much works for me. When're you free?
Last edited by Black on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 pm

umm well im in china at the moment so im not sure what time time thing is >.> but im free prity much all day so name a time and odd are i can be there. =3
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

PreviousNext

Return to Art